Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Amished »

<3 u VP. Even with the awful haircut
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by don_johnson »

confid wrote:Please explain to me why a random vote requires justification?
why? i never said they did.

random votes are only random to a degree.

player A "random votes" player B.

player B: "why?"

please select the scummiest response from the selections below:

1. "because i assigned a number to each player and rolled a twelve sided die and landed on the number corresponding to your name."

2. "because we've played several games together before. yours was the most familiar name."

3. "because i absolutely hate Miami Vice and your username is don_johnson."

4. "omg! why are you questioning me?! that's an overreaction! you must be scum! RVS vote stays."

hint: its number 4.

vote: confidanon
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Benmage »

w.t.f....
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Vi »

The ConfidAnon wagon is lame and it has all three of the people I just listed as good scum candidates on it back-to-back-to-back. Amished 124 looks like the kind of post I would make to force a weak wagon on someone.

d_j is also on the wagon but he's playing so badly that I'm less interested in him.

I like my vote but would freely switch to whichever of VP, Sotty, and Amished has the largest wagon.
This unfortunately has the side effect of alienating half of my fan club at once, but etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Amished »

Pfft, I'm not a fan.. ANYMORE.

Besides, I'm not you (thank god, I couldn't stand your ugly glasses)

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Amished »

EBWOP: Also, my 124 isn't a point against Confid (obviously I'll disagree with a fair amount of votes regardless of the voter's alignment); so it's not me pushing his wagon on that point, it's explaining why I won't be hopping on DJ because of CA's posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

My apologies guys, things have been crazy busy. Here's some catch up posting from me (Kinda putting together as I go, so bear with me). More to follow after work.

I don’t like this post. I don’t like that Benmage doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the very little play that has transpired so far. I really don’t like that he doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the details of the bandwagon that he joined. This was a pretty huge gaffe for a simple memory failure. He ignores Ecto entirely (even though he quotes a link to Ecto’s argument) and then possibly tries to hide his band-wagoning behind my band-wagoning.

I have absolutely no idea what Sotty7 and nm8 are talking about when they refer to d3x's questioning as intense. It was one sidestepped question and everything subsequent to that has been about getting (or not getting, as the case may be) an answer about it. That's hardly putting anyone's feet to the fire, and the whole thing probably would have been solved with a straight answer. It feels like the pair of them are exaggerating d3x's actions.
@nm8:

In answer to your questions...

1) No.
2) It certainly can, but it’s not always the case. Sometimes a player is just a bellicose jerk, or useless, or is uncommonly phobic of giving a straight answer etc etc. Pressure gets applied and then you find out who you are dealing with.
3) No, I don’t think it is that simple. I think there was legitimate enough reasons to vote you (see below) and I would not dismiss it in such a way. That said, town generally shouldn’t care about the appearance of their actions so much; so, it is concerning that Ecto feels the need to safeguard against an OMGUS accusation rather than just let the case stand on its own. If that makes sense to you?
4) Not clearly, no. What interests me is less the initial vote and more the subsequent responses. It piques my interest that you chose to sidestep a simple enough question about the vote and then try and wedge d3x by drawing a long bow with some wordplay. Your reply to pwnz plays a part as well. Why ask for votes on a non-serious wagon?
Ecto wrote:...it illustrates a mindset of a player who does not wish to divulge any information or be held to a specific opinion.
This is pretty much encapsulates why I was happy to vote for you. It’s a bit less about apparent scum motive and about a lack of town motive behind your behaviour. If another player is not sure what your stance is, doesn’t it benefit a townie to be clear? When someone asked you to clarify one of your posts, you started an interrogation (by your standards) of your own which seems a little defensive to me. You then seemed inconsistent in your responses about your vote. So, you got a vote.

doesn’t read well, either. The disconnect

Oh dear.
Except that this isn’t a helpful, pro-town attitude and it will lose you support. Like so.
Unvote. Vote: benmage

FoS: Confidanon
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Bah. Stupid messed up tags. Working now.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote: I like my vote but would freely switch to whichever of VP, Sotty, and Amished has the largest wagon.
This unfortunately has the side effect of alienating half of my fan club at once, but etc.
Why VP?
PorkchopExpress wrote: I don’t like this post. I don’t like that Benmage doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the very little play that has transpired so far. I really don’t like that he doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the details of the bandwagon that he joined. This was a pretty huge gaffe for a simple memory failure. He ignores Ecto entirely (even though he quotes a link to Ecto’s argument) and then possibly tries to hide his band-wagoning behind my band-wagoning.
Pfffft...this is terrible reasoning for dislikeing me...so i confused u and ecto for a post i liked....i said it was post 61 which is true. Zomg i am human and thought it was by someone else.

You're reaching farrrrr here. Scum are nitpicky as hell...they make sure to be errorless...so i was semi nonchalant in my posting thus far. It cause i'm town. I dont need to tread on thin ice because I dont need to act town, i just can do whatever the hell i want...(basically).

I made a simple name mistake, to hop on that is comical...but its cool we'll(me, + the town, not you..)progress from here.
PorkchopExpress wrote:
Oh dear.
Except that this isn’t a helpful, pro-town attitude and it will lose you support. Like so.
Unvote. Vote: benmage
I dont understand wat you're quoting here.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:16 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Official Vote Count!

*ConfidAnon 4 (Amished, Sotty, VP Baltar, don_johnson
Nachomamma8 2 (d3x, Benmage)
don_johnson 1 (ConfidAnon)
Ectomancer 1 (Nachomamma8)
PorkchopExpress 1 (pwnz)
VP Baltar 1 (Vi)
pwnz 1 (Ectomancer)
Benmage 1 (PorkchopExpress)

Not voting:
Noone

The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:The ConfidAnon wagon is lame and it has all three of the people I just listed as good scum candidates on it back-to-back-to-back.
Um, no? If you have a legitimate reason for not liking the wagon, then express it. From where I'm sitting it doesn't look too bad and the cognitive dissonance coming from him is pretty outstanding.
Amished wrote:<3 u VP. Even with the awful haircut
This took me hours!

Ecto, when you come back I'd like to hear some opinions that aren't about nm8 now that we have moved on somewhat.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vi Post 128 wrote:The ConfidAnon wagon is lame and it has all three of the people I just listed as good scum candidates on it back-to-back-to-back. Amished 124 looks like the kind of post I would make to force a weak wagon on someone.
Why is it lame?
Benmage Post 133 wrote:You're reaching farrrrr here. Scum are nitpicky as hell...they make sure to be errorless...so i was semi nonchalant in my posting thus far. It cause i'm town. I dont need to tread on thin ice because I dont need to act town, i just can do whatever the hell i want...(basically).
You are playing bad because you are town? Yeah, that doesn't work for me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mod, please note the V/LA in my sig. I may still have some access, but I'm not certain
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote:
Benmage Post 133 wrote:You're reaching farrrrr here. Scum are nitpicky as hell...they make sure to be errorless...so i was semi nonchalant in my posting thus far. It cause i'm town. I dont need to tread on thin ice because I dont need to act town, i just can do whatever the hell i want...(basically).
You are playing bad because you are town? Yeah, that doesn't work for me.
i never said i was playing bad...i mixed up two people....jebus.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Benmage »

hrmmm...real case on confidanon...time to reread it.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:22 am

Post by pwnz »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Let's wait before everyone else to join the party, shall we? Porkchop, Ben, Amished, ConfidAnon, pwnz, don... Explain a stance on the argument Ecto and I just had, and take a firm stance, and give (1) reason why. "I agree with so-and-so" is not a good answer. Also, please answer all questions asked of you. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Actually, I am going to revoke my previous statement on this one now that the focus has shifted from you two. I really can't understand why you, Ectomancer, would go so far as to state that you were going to ride Nachomamma8's bandwagon all the way until lynch and then flip your vote over to me on the next page because you didn't think that I offered you any valuable information on the subject. (pro-tip: I was sandbagging) *hic

It makes it even more hard for me to understand why you flipped your vote over to me when you gave Nachomamma8 such a clear-cut list of things that you needed to see accomplished before you made any further moves: *hic
Ectomancer wrote:My position is stated clearly and succintly Nacho. You have yet to state yours, and that is the entire problem. Yes, I do intend to bypass your attempt at pages of quote rebuttal pyramids to render the town glassy eyed over the topic. Yes I intend to ignore your questions. I have no intentions of playing that particular scum game. You have no right to them through your refusal to answer those put to you. You can either get to explaining your every move from post 1 forward, and you can make absolute certain we know what your position is at every point, or you can expect to see my vote on you till lynch.
Now, I realize that my vote on you is no longer going to be as strong of a vote since you already have placed one on me, but your massive flip-flop there just rubs me wrong, especially since it was made with absolutely no correspondence from Nachomamma8 in between. You could have just as easily called me out on my lack of insight and told me that it was unacceptable, but instead you moved your vote off of someone that you were absolutely sure was scum, so sure that you were going to ride it out until lynch. I don't buy it. *hic
unvote; vote Ectomancer
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Benmage »

I read Con in iso...nothing really stuck out for me as too terrible...why's he have so many votes?

One thing that struck me as peculiar was him saying nacho is more scummy town..than scummy scum...whats the difference there...??
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Benmage »

Lets see some of the voters iso’s for reasoning why:
Amished wrote:
Unvote
Vote: ConfidAnon

Also vote for d3x, and benmage, if I could.
why me?
Amished wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:Right now, Nacho is obviously scummy . . . but not enough so that it warrants a vote from me yet.
Pretty much sums it up. Why would you keep your random vote (that you've now talked about random votes have no meaning); instead of voting for somebody obviously scummy? It's a sure sign of scum not wanting to vote for somebody (buddy, town, either way works; initially leaning towards town).
Oooo tis a good point.
Sotty7 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Confid

The “So obviously scummy but I won't vote” thing pushed me over the edge.
This point again…ok, ok.
VP Baltar wrote:
Unvote, Vote: ConfidAnon

Not voting "obv scum"....priceless.
This point again!
VP Baltar wrote:It's not that he's not explaining why he finds him obviously scummy. It's that he says he's obviously scummy but doesn't vote him. Does not compute.
Word. But than he calls him scummy town, not scummy scum…tough reach there. Scummy town to me is usually referencing players playing poorly/badly…its early for that deduction. So a little confused by his statements.
don_johnson wrote:
confid wrote:Please explain to me why a random vote requires justification?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. "omg! why are you questioning me?! that's an overreaction! you must be scum! RVS vote stays."

hint: its number 4.

vote: confidanon
I didnt understand this DJ, could you explain please or rephrase.

Con's wagon seems good. Could be some sorta slip he made. I dont see any better options atm, gonna re-read that nacho thing.

unvote vote ConfidAnon
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 am

Post by pwnz »

I'm sorry, and maybe I'm just crazy, but why did you just vote for ConfidAnon, Benmage? Where is the rational thought behind that one?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 am

Post by pwnz »

EBWOP: *hic
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Benmage »

pwnz wrote:I'm sorry, and maybe I'm just crazy, but why did you just vote for ConfidAnon, Benmage? Where is the rational thought behind that one?
He isnt voting for someone he believe is obvious scummy..then gives a later explanation that he views him as scummy town, not scummy scum which doesnt make sense to me at this point of the game.

Why focusing my vote on Con alone?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Vi »

ConfidAnon #4 wrote:
Nachomomma8, 91 wrote:ConfidAnon, why so hesitant? If I'm OBVIOUSLY scummy, then I OBVIOUSLY deserve a vote. Right?
You've done scummy things in the thread, but doing scummy things don't neccessarily mean you are scum. Town and scum alike do scummy things, and my gut's telling me to hold off from voting you at the present time.
I could say the same thing to express my view on ConfidAnon, and that's why I'm against the ConfidAnon wagon.
If you would like it in my own words, ConfidAnon's responses to your accusation (do not think there is more than one accusation) make sense from the standpoint of a newish Townie, which I have every reason to believe ConfidAnon is.
In the meantime, I do not think that that single statement is worth lynching the guy over (which at the rate we're going we will).

I'm not sure what to make of Benmage putting ConfidAnon at L-2 tbh... for the same reason as everyone else... after acknowledging everyone on the wagon having the same reason.

Finally, I will be shocked and/or astounded if all four of the people on the wagon are Town. It jumped up from nowhere from three people who made fluffposts (if any substantial posts at all) prior to their golden opportunity to hate someone. (To VP Baltar's credit, at least he's trying to look busy)

----

On Nacho vs. Ectomancer: Nacho reminds me of me. I don't think he's scum ATM.
Ectomancer can... well, he knows how that sentence ends.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote: I'm not sure what to make of Benmage putting ConfidAnon at L-2 tbh... for the same reason as everyone else... after acknowledging everyone on the wagon having the same reason.
Its a decent, illogical offence no?

L-2 isnt exactly a death sentence...but it'll make Con forced to come in and clarify (not lurk it off) and if he/she doesnt, or messes up it'll be a fast D1.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote, Vote: Benmage
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Benmage
:P
whatsup girl...why u make me ask...just state why, you know i'm gonna ask