Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Vi wrote:Your read on don_johnson?
Lazy and touchy about it :P

He crept his way up to his vote on Confid. To be honest, his attack was so weak, I really
didn't
think much of it, especially not enough to be accused of "ignoring" it. Could be accused of 'feeling out a wagon' before committing, but he would point to that as saying that he did in fact make a big deal out of it (even though it was really more of a
hissy fit
blowup than an attempt to build a case on Con)
So, was he scummy for putting his vote on after 2 more votes? As a townie with convictions he follows them and votes, as a scummy without them, he follows his preaching and votes.
I think his grilling of Confid shows preferential scumhunting as his reasoning seems to me to be the same as I was grilling Nacho. However, in that imaginary conversation, it could be pointed out that just as he focused on the player who voted for him, so did I do the same.
To that, I could only say, touche'
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Benmage Post 168 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Benmage, when do you think you can call someone scummy town?
Dudet i dont know exactly, absolutes suck in this game. But generally i'd say when you have a good town read on someone throughout a game and they slip up. Do a novice/poor/scummy move.
Do you think Vi's “scummy town” of Confid is set in stone?
Vi Post 172 wrote:
Sotty 166 wrote:How am I avoiding you when I have answered every question you have thrown my way and asked you some of my own?
I see your question about the Nacho wagon as a deflection. I answered and asked if you had anything else to add. You provided reads that were pretty much all opposite mine, and ended the conversation with a sentence saying were still "sorting" my alignment. Etc.
Deflection how? This is still me not avoiding you which was your reasoning for voting me in the first place. So I scum because I have opposite reads to you? I don't buy that. I disagree with plenty of people but that doesn't make them auto scum in my book. But it's nice to know how to get on your good side quick (agree with you at every point)
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Amished »

@VP: You pretty much are always scum....

Catching up tonight.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar 174 wrote:
Confid wrote:She did give a reason . . . the people she thinks are scum jumped on my wagon.
If I had seen her actually make a case for any of those people, this might hold some credence. Hell, I assumed Vi's vote on me was just part of a running gag we have about me "always" being scum.
Well, it partly was...

I see your 123 and while I have some reservations about it I don't think pressing on them will do much.

---

Ectomancer 175 is horrible. I didn't ask for what d_j has done; I asked for your
read
on the gunmonkey.

---
Sotty7 176 wrote:Deflection how? This is still me not avoiding you which was your reasoning for voting me in the first place. So I scum because I have opposite reads to you? I don't buy that. I disagree with plenty of people but that doesn't make them auto scum in my book. But it's nice to know how to get on your good side quick (agree with you at every point)
Well, I
do
like having followers... :vain:

I'm reading your question about the Nacho wagon as an attempt to steer the conversation away from the ConfidAnon wagon, which was part of why I was talking to you in the first place.
Meanwhile, while you aren't avoiding me, all you're doing is defending yourself. You said you were still in the "sorting" process for finding my alignment, but you didn't bother asking me anything to help yourself out on that front.

Incidentally, your vote is still on ConfidAnon. Is that where you like it?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Amished »

Reading through, nm8 looks more town, porkchop (and by extention, ecto) look more scummy due to ecto's bad vote; and porkchop just agreeing with it and not adding anything more to the game at that point (65). Benmage hopping onto the same vote for the same reason makes me think that both PCE and Ben wouldn't be scum together (too obvious), but one is scum almost for sure. I stand by 106 for my views on Ecto.

I like sotty's 68. d3x had been a scum read, but now looks more like 3rd party. Still not exactly somebody I want around.

Nacho needs to take a breather and try to settle this thread down, as there's a lot of noise back and forth without actually going anywhere on that whole end.

Vi is neutral to me, which has me worried. I've been able to read her better in other games than I have here. The rapid vote switching and suspecting everyone doesn't seem like a good setup to the game either.

Scummy posts by player starting after my initial vote (everyone had 1 by then)
Benmage 5 (115, 127, 133, 142 in conjunction with the first part of 133, 165)
d3x
PCE
CA
Vi 3 (128, 146, 172)

d3x is only notable for not *really* attacking anybody (a FoS and an HoS doesn't count) in that period.

CA looks more town that misspoke, as I don't have an issue with anything that he had said since then.

PCE only has 1 post in which a couple tags aren't linking to the right posts, so my opinion on him is TBA.

Benmage couldn't be more scummy if he tried, and Vi is pretty scummy too, in my eyes.

Unvote: CA

Vote: Benmage

I would like to vote for Vi, but I don't see that taking off. Benmage is scummy as well and should be voted for. d3x remains a candidate due to a vague 3rd party read that I don't like to see; especially in a theme game where the theme is set in a place where everyone has a gun.

My vote isn't bolded for a reason. I want to see a votecount first, but it's likely to go there after I see one.

No, my name is not "Ed."
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Official Vote Count!

*ConfidAnon 3 (Sotty, don_johnson, Benmage )
Benmage 3 (PorkchopExpress, VP Baltar, Nachomamma8)
Nachomamma8 1 (d3x )
don_johnson 1 (ConfidAnon)
Ectomancer 1 (pwnz)
pwnz 1 (Ectomancer)
Sotty 1 (Vi)

Not voting:
Amished

The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Vi »

Amished 179 wrote:Vi is neutral to me, which has me worried. I've been able to read her better in other games than I have here.
The rapid vote switching and suspecting everyone doesn't seem like a good setup to the game either.
I'd love for you to elaborate on this, especially considering I don't suspect "everyone". (although it's true that I don't have much to any obvious Town reads)
Similarly, listing posts that are scummy without bringing up any justification neither helps nor convinces anyone.

Why are you so confident - or even
bringing up
- that d3x could be third party?

I've also an eyebrow to raise about how you jumped on the ConfidAnon wagon and then off it in favor of the equally large Benmage wagon - each time for reasons that
just happen
to have already been mentioned by others.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In a Vi v.s. Amished standpoint, I'm finding Amished the scummier of the two because Vi tends to explain her votes better, and she's been more active. However, if Amished continues to post consistently, the choice will be a lot harder. Any other opinions? (Ben, maybe you could actually give us a real one?)
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

I didn't know you found either of us scummy. (Preview edit: Actually not true, but your previous suspicion of me consists of a one-line accusation tucked inside a larger spat with d3x.)

I didn't even know that there was a dichotomy between Vi and Amished, i.e. there's a winner and a loser and one is scum. That seems to be what you're implying with "the choice".
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

175 wasn't a laundry list of actions by Don. It was speculation on possible motives for those actions which comes to exactly what I posted. If you are looking for a black or white 'read' on him to suit you, that's not coming. If you insist on a plain statement, that would be "Who knows?", but seriously, I don't think you needed it restated any differently than 175.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That's not really what I meant. I was more responding to Amished's suspicion of you, and pointing out that he doesn't look any more pro-town this moment than you. I was also trying to force the king of bandwagon jumping (Benmage) to take an opinion on something :/

As for my one-line accusation thing, I think you're confused. I don't think I've been suspicious of you yet, but I'll double-check.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Vi wrote:I didn't even know that there was a dichotomy between Vi and Amished, i.e. there's a winner and a loser and one is scum. That seems to be what you're implying with "the choice".
I noticed this phrasing as well and thought it a bit presumptuous.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Amished »

@Vi: I was the first to actually vote for CA, so good detective work on that one. In that post (93) I also expressed my wish to vote for Benmage, so this isn't a new development. At that point, Benmage didn't have a vote on him either.

For you {Vi}, I'll count my intent to vote for Ben, but not my RVS vote. That makes two people that I've voted for, and two more that I've expressed suspicion upon (d3x and you). I'll now discount your two RVS votes; though with ISO 4 you clearly have more suspicion than just random, so I'll count it then. ISO 5 you vote for Ecto, ISO 7 you say that you wouldn't mind NM8 or DJ lynched (so anti-town at least). ISO 8 you then vote DJ; ISO 9 you vote VP; while also calling PCE, Sotty, CA and me possible scum. 10 you reject that, and defend CA due to your scumreads voting for him. 14 you vote for Sotty. That's 5 votes, with 3 more you wouldn't mind seeing dead/possible scum. I think "you suspect everyone" is a pretty good summation of your actions thusfar in the game as you've accounted for 8 of the 11 other people in that manner.

For d3x, he's acting like I would suspect a 3rd party to act. I didn't expect anybody to be swayed by my post against benmage, I was pointing to why I feel he's scummy, and if anybody wants to question those reasons, we both have a good starting point to work out why I feel he's scum; and I can clarify further instead of having to rehash everything.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Amished »

EBWOP: To further clarify my point on d3x: obviously no two people read the game the exact same way. In the way that I read the game, d3x's posting very strongly suggests third party. He could be scum; but either way, he's somebody that I feel should have some heat put on him sooner rather than later. Unfortunately for me, I only have one vote so I can't put the amount of pressure that I like on a person that I'm seriously questioning; and there's two other people that I want to deal with before him at this point.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
benmage wrote:And than i read all the voters isos, voting him for insight.
That doesn't make you look better in my eyes. You are essentially saying "I didn't see the problem until other people pointed it out for me and I think it's GRRRRRRRRRRRREAAT!" It's a scum mentality of scum hunting.
dur...welcome to mafia...iso reads aren't nearly as good as rereading whole thread..reading the others isos put things in perspective..how can i interpret his answers without the questions...dunt dunt daaaaah

Wowwww my wagon is zoomin (still readin)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Benmage »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Benmage

He has hopped on every bandwagon that looks good to him, he has been posting zero content, and I hate the majority of his posts.
Every...2...but every does sound worse, so nj.
Nachomamma8 wrote: First, his piggybacking off Porkchop's vote with absolutely no explanation whatsoever except for "I like this post."
I thought that was damn good reasoning..and what'd u do after it..ask bs questions which by the way you didnt answer mine.
Nachomamma8 wrote: He then refuses to answer two questions asked of him because they're "stupid questions".
zzzzzz..heres a question name the colors of the rainbow.
Nachomamma8 wrote: Then, there's this.
You're reaching farrrrr here. Scum are nitpicky as hell...they make sure to be errorless...so i was semi nonchalant in my posting thus far. It cause i'm town. I dont need to tread on thin ice because I dont need to act town, i just can do whatever the hell i want...(basically).
Instead of defending himself, he basically says "if I was scum, I'd be playing a lot better right now." I don't like this at all.
Argue this logically against me...PUHleease. Tell me which scenario you think the scum player is more likely to act.

1. Do you think scum in general take a more careful approach towards games? Making sure to play as flawlessly as possible?

2. Do you think town is more or less likely to take a laid back approach towards the beginning of a game?

Just tell me logically which makes more sense.
Nachomamma8 wrote: Other than that, he hasn't done any scumhunting whatsoever, and it seems he's just trying to coast by.
Rofl...first i beg to differ...2nd you used my point against you...you asked the dumbest questions ever to be "inquisitive"...zzzz i c thru u, and u didnt like it...nice omgus vote.
Vi wrote:@Benmage: You're making this into much more of a Burden of Proof argument than it needs to be. You don't need a long history of posts to be able to see the intent behind what people say and do.

I seriously don't think this is the first time you've ever run across the distinction between "scummy" and "anti-Town".
i'm confused by this point... rephrase??(if its worth it)
Sotty7 wrote:
Benmage Post 168 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Benmage, when do you think you can call someone scummy town?
Dudet i dont know exactly, absolutes suck in this game. But generally i'd say when you have a good town read on someone throughout a game and they slip up. Do a novice/poor/scummy move.
Do you think Vi's “scummy town” of Confid is set in stone?
For your sake i'm going to assume this is a rhetorical question.
Amished wrote:Reading through, nm8 looks more town, porkchop (and by extention, ecto) look more scummy due to ecto's bad vote; and porkchop just agreeing with it and not adding anything more to the game at that point (65). Benmage hopping onto the same vote for the same reason makes me think that both PCE and Ben wouldn't be scum together (too obvious), but one is scum almost for sure. I stand by 106 for my views on Ecto.
This is post 61 you are referring to right? The one i agreed with? I think? There was another agreeing with that post too right?
Amished wrote: I would like to vote for Vi, but I don't see that taking off. Benmage is scummy as well and should be voted for.
Nah, yeah, wagon it up.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Any other opinions? (Ben, maybe you could actually give us a real one?)
Give me a real question..with some depth to it, and i'll be happy to oblige. I'll help narrow it...on what issue, or thing do you want my opinion on?
Nachomamma8 wrote:I was also trying to force the king of bandwagon jumping (Benmage) to take an opinion on something :/
Man you should get a little award for embellishment.
Amished wrote: my post against benmage, I was pointing to why I feel he's scummy, and if anybody wants to question those reasons, we both have a good starting point to work out why I feel he's scum; and I can clarify further instead of having to rehash everything.
I'll bite, lets hear some clarification.

(Ohh goodies, nacho was 3rd voter on me too :twisted: )
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

benmage wrote:dur...welcome to mafia...iso reads aren't nearly as good as rereading whole thread..reading the others isos put things in perspective..how can i interpret his answers without the questions...dunt dunt daaaaah
But the problem is that the line you attack him over, the line that everyone else attacked him over, doesn't need any context to appear scummy. If you were actually scumhunting on your own, it might have stood out to you. As it is, others had to point it out before you found it scummy.

So, yeah, vote stays.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Vi »

Amished 187 wrote:@Vi: I was the first to actually vote for CA, so good detective work on that one. In that post (93) I also expressed my wish to vote for Benmage, so this isn't a new development. At that point, Benmage didn't have a vote on him either.
I would be more inclined to go along with this if you mentioned anything about WHY you wanted to vote either of those people at the time.
Amished 187 wrote:For d3x, he's acting like I would suspect a 3rd party to act. I didn't expect anybody to be swayed by my post against benmage, I was pointing to why I feel he's scummy, and if anybody wants to question those reasons, we both have a good starting point to work out why I feel he's scum; and I can clarify further instead of having to rehash everything.
And again. I read through all of your posts again, and the only thing you have to say about d3x is that he didn't vote or accuse anyone of anything. You keep alluding to a grander case against d3x that you're shying away from saying outright. The fact that you're suggesting third party is odd in itself and I'm not sure how you would come to that kind of specific conclusion.

@Benmage: If you make another post like 190 you
deserve
to die. Summary paragraphs make kids happy and rainbows appear in the sky even when it doesn't rain. Plus what you said is more sniping than defending.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vi Post 178 wrote:
Sotty7 176 wrote:Deflection how? This is still me not avoiding you which was your reasoning for voting me in the first place. So I scum because I have opposite reads to you? I don't buy that. I disagree with plenty of people but that doesn't make them auto scum in my book. But it's nice to know how to get on your good side quick (agree with you at every point)
Well, I
do

I'm reading your question about the Nacho wagon as an attempt to steer the conversation away from the ConfidAnon wagon, which was part of why I was talking to you in the first place.
That's not how I remember it happening. My question on the nacho wagon wasn't a response to anything you said to me, it was me questioning you and your read on the confid wagon.
Vi Post 178 wrote:Meanwhile, while you aren't avoiding me, all you're doing is defending yourself. You said you were still in the "sorting" process for finding my alignment, but you didn't bother asking me anything to help yourself out on that front.
If I haven't been avoiding you, why was that your reasoning for voting me? I haven't just been defending myself, I have been asking questions of other people. Also my question on the nacho wagon
was
me trying to figure where you stand.

Right now I am getting mixed signals. Your vote on me is clearly bullshit which gives me scummy vibes. I was thinking your paranoia was more townie like, but that feeling is really starting fade.
Vi Post 178 wrote:Incidentally, your vote is still on ConfidAnon. Is that where you like it?
Yes, otherwise I would have moved it. I have been thinking about moving to Don, but I will take a look back over the thread before doing that.

Nachomamma8 Post 182 wrote:In a Vi v.s. Amished standpoint, I'm finding Amished the scummier of the two because Vi tends to explain her votes better, and she's been more active. However, if Amished continues to post consistently, the choice will be a lot harder. Any other opinions? (Ben, maybe you could actually give us a real one?)
While weighing activity is a good thing it shouldn't be the
only
thing you take into account. Does this mean you like Vi's votes so far? If so why? Also why will Amished posting more make Vi scummier to you or at least the choice harder?
Amished Post 188 wrote:EBWOP: To further clarify my point on d3x: obviously no two people read the game the exact same way. In the way that I read the game, d3x's posting very strongly suggests third party. He could be scum; but either way, he's somebody that I feel should have some heat put on him sooner rather than later. Unfortunately for me, I only have one vote so I can't put the amount of pressure that I like on a person that I'm seriously questioning; and there's two other people that I want to deal with before him at this point.
I don't get this. If d3x is scummy to you why do you assume 3rd party? I found him pretty scummy at the start of the game, but his post before going on v/la was pretty decent. What is the difference for you between 3rd party actions to scum actions?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vi Post 178 wrote:
Well, I
do

That's not how I remember it happening. My question on the nacho wagon wasn't a response to anything you said to me, it was me questioning you and your read on the confid wagon.
Vi Post 178 wrote:Meanwhile, while you aren't avoiding me, all you're doing is defending yourself. You said you were still in the "sorting" process for finding my alignment, but you didn't bother asking me anything to help yourself out on that front.
If I haven't been avoiding you, why was that your reasoning for voting me? I haven't just been defending myself, I have been asking questions of other people. Also my question on the nacho wagon
was
me trying to figure where you stand.

Right now I am getting mixed signals. Your vote on me is clearly bullshit which gives me scummy vibes. I was thinking your paranoia was more townie like, but that feeling is really starting fade.
Vi Post 178 wrote:Incidentally, your vote is still on ConfidAnon. Is that where you like it?
Yes, otherwise I would have moved it. I have been thinking about moving to Don, but I will take a look back over the thread before doing that.

Nachomamma8 Post 182 wrote:In a Vi v.s. Amished standpoint, I'm finding Amished the scummier of the two because Vi tends to explain her votes better, and she's been more active. However, if Amished continues to post consistently, the choice will be a lot harder. Any other opinions? (Ben, maybe you could actually give us a real one?)
While weighing activity is a good thing it shouldn't be the
only
thing you take into account. Does this mean you like Vi's votes so far? If so why? Also why will Amished posting more make Vi scummier to you or at least the choice harder?
Amished Post 188 wrote:EBWOP: To further clarify my point on d3x: obviously no two people read the game the exact same way. In the way that I read the game, d3x's posting very strongly suggests third party. He could be scum; but either way, he's somebody that I feel should have some heat put on him sooner rather than later. Unfortunately for me, I only have one vote so I can't put the amount of pressure that I like on a person that I'm seriously questioning; and there's two other people that I want to deal with before him at this point.
I don't get this. If d3x is scummy to you why do you assume 3rd party? I found him pretty scummy at the start of the game, but his post before going on v/la was pretty decent. What is the difference for you between 3rd party actions to scum actions?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Sotty7 wrote:
There could be something under this rock. Amished, explain why there is a good reason to assume 3rd party.
From my standpoint, if you are town, then you are looking for scum in general. Im not certain how you could differentiate between the tow on day 1, so looking for your explanation. The bad side is that while town is looking for scum in general, scum would be looking for 3rd party if they exist, and your post can be interpreted as scum fishing for 3rd parties.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In response to your "bs" questions claim:
But when the RVS has already ended, is it scummy to attempt to extend it?
By this point, you were trying to extend the RVS and defending that by saying explaining that the RVS was lackadaisical and fun. Had you said yes, we learn that either you 1) don't realize your own actions, or 2) just made an extremely prevalent scum slip. Had you said no, we would've learned that it was just a matter of opinion. But since you refused to answer my question, I learned that you are extremely paranoid and don't want to make yourself look any scummier than you already are, or just lazy.
Do you believe that the RVS is beneficial to town?
Again, a simple yes or no question that you refused to answer, which would end up in results similar to the last one.
I thought that was damn good reasoning..and what'd u do after it..ask bs questions which by the way you didnt answer mine.
If you don't answer my questions, do you honestly think I'm going to answer yours?
Argue this logically against me...PUHleease. Tell me which scenario you think the scum player is more likely to act.

1. Do you think scum in general take a more careful approach towards games? Making sure to play as flawlessly as possible?

2. Do you think town is more or less likely to take a laid back approach towards the beginning of a game?

Just tell me logically which makes more sense.
There's an equal chance of both. Some scum play carefully because it's their first time playing, or they are extremely paranoid of being lynched. Other scum play like you are now because they believe they can get people to buy the theory "Scum always play careful, right?"
Give me a real question..with some depth to it, and i'll be happy to oblige. I'll help narrow it...on what issue, or thing do you want my opinion on?

Try reading the whole game. I think you'll be able to figure it out from context, or even from the rest of my post.
(Ohh goodies, nacho was 3rd voter on me too )
The Third Vote Theory is only effective if the person placing the vote isn't aware of said theory. Also, if everyone were to buy into that, then no one would actually be lynched because everyone would be afraid of casting the third vote.
While weighing activity is a good thing it shouldn't be the only thing you take into account. Does this mean you like Vi's votes so far? If so why? Also why will Amished posting more make Vi scummier to you or at least the choice harder?
I find the most important thing to do in early day 1 is to get good reads on people. It's also the time when it is easiest to lurk; the most players are playing, so there's a higher chance of being overlooked. Coincidentally, I don't like inactive people because it's just hard to get reads on them.

Now, in the special of Amished v.s. Vi, both of them have made some fairly pro-town votes (in my opinion, at least), and both have been explaining said votes well. However, the little argument they have (over d3x's third party status) seemed strange; I don't like how Amished said that Vi suspected everyone, especially considering most of her vote-hopping was in the beginning of the game, but I don't have a very good feeling about Vi's vote on you. Basically, the only thing that set them apart was activity, which I feel to be anti-town at best.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Vi »

Sotty 193 wrote:That's not how I remember it happening. My question on the nacho wagon wasn't a response to anything you said to me, it was me questioning you and your read on the confid wagon.
How does that contradict anything I said?
Sotty7 193 wrote:If I haven't been avoiding you,
STOP
Vi 178 wrote:Meanwhile, while you
aren't
avoiding me
[now]
GO

What is your opinion of BentheMage?

----
Nacho 196 wrote:Now, in the special of Amished v.s. Vi, both of them have made some fairly pro-town votes (in my opinion, at least), and both have been explaining said votes well. However, the little argument they have (over d3x's third party status) seemed strange; I don't like how Amished said that Vi suspected everyone, especially considering most of her vote-hopping was in the beginning of the game, but I don't have a very good feeling about Vi's vote on you. Basically, the only thing that set them apart was activity, which I feel to be anti-town at best.
The point - you're missing it -
Why are you obligated to make a
decision between
the two of us?
In addition, what IS that decision right now? Are we both Town? scum? one vs. one? more so than anyone else in the game? If you can't tell, what are you doing to find out?

----

Unvote: Sotty7
Vote: Ectomancer
(L-5)

Less agreeing with what other people have been saying, more taking stances.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:47 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

don_johnson, 173 wrote:you voted me. i asked why. the other two unexplained random votes came after yours. no reason for me to notice them.
Oh really? Let's look at a few posts, shall we?

Post 24 andPost 26 are both unexplained RVS votes, but you only chose to question the one on you. Seems like a double standard. You only questioned the unexplained RVS vote on yourself, which reads as scum trying to keep votes away from them.
don_johnson, 173, cont. wrote:i asked "why?". how is that jumpy? i asked "why?". how is that "omgus"?
Sorry, I blended what happened together here unintentionally. The OMGUS came later on in the thread.
don_johnson, 173, cont. wrote:no dodging here. either i have mispoken or you have misunderstood.

first, your vote was not "clearly random". it was a vote alone in space. naked and unabashed. it was hanging in the void. by your own explanation the vote was not truly random either(you had a reason that generated your vote that was not a die roll, number generator, names out of a hat, etc.). you had a reason for it. why were you so against explaining that reason right off? to clarify:

random votes do not need to be explained. however, one should be able to explain them. one should also be willing, as there is no inherent danger or detrimental effect in offering their explanation. in fact, random votes should be the easiest votes for a townie to explain in the game of mafia. the fact that the simple question, "why?", got your panties in such a bunch as to have you morph your rvs vote into a serious vote and avoid answering the simplest of all questions is why i am suspicious of you.

does that clear it up?
A post containing solely a vote in a thread that had currently had only joking votes is not clearly random? I wasn't against explaining my vote . . . I just felt that figuring out why you were so jumpy was a more productive plan of attack.

If random votes do not need to be explained, than why did you ask me to explain mine? Sounds like it's only because it was on you.

And here's another question: What is inherently scummy about not explaining your RVS vote right off?

Catching up on that argument right after lunch. Chicken spaghetti. Yum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
benmage wrote:dur...welcome to mafia...iso reads aren't nearly as good as rereading whole thread..reading the others isos put things in perspective..how can i interpret his answers without the questions...dunt dunt daaaaah
But the problem is that the line you attack him over, the line that everyone else attacked him over, doesn't need any context to appear scummy. If you were actually scumhunting on your own, it might have stood out to you. As it is, others had to point it out before you found it scummy.

So, yeah, vote stays.
Uhhh False....Here's my post reading Con's iso before reading the iso's of those voting him:
Benmage wrote:I read Con in iso...nothing really stuck out for me as too terrible...why's he have so many votes?

One thing that struck me as peculiar was him saying nacho is more scummy town..than scummy scum
...whats the difference there...??

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”