Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 am

Post by peanutman »

Crypto-922 wrote:This gets brought up in every or almost every game I play, for what it's worth.
It might, but let's just say because of my unease with this kind of play, I might subconsciously keep a closer eye on you. Kind of like watching the watcher.

@Charter-921,
There has been alot of talk about Bigmc, and, as I was rereading it, some parts kind of came out as noise after so many pages of it. I would have to re-read him in iso to get a strong read but my impression is that going for a newb-target like Staple/WW is easy and could be scum taking advantage of this scummy newb-play, but on D1, there's only so much to go on and we all try to build cases on very limited information. So, his case and pursuit of Staple is a null-tell until we see more of him today.* However, one thing does stand out in my mind recently, when he said
Bigmc-762 wrote:Ojanen, that quote which says "bigmc wrote" should read "Pom wrote". Way to completely misquote me.
This could be a townie overreacting because of the pressure but on him for yesterday's BW, though it's also possible that he's nervous scum trying to deflect unwarranted attention (i.e. misquote) to prevent more people looking at him.

*On that note, so is Crypto's BW on Pom a null-tell by itself, though his unprovoked defense at the beginning of D2 does make it seem scummier to me.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 925):

bigmc109 - 5(charter, WarWound, Kaiveran, hiphop, crypto)
crypto - 3(Sando, muh316, bigmc109)
WarWound - 1(Pyromaniac)
Kaiveran - 1(peanutman)
hiphop - 1(Empking)

Not Voting:Trumpet of Doom, mask man, malpascp

It takes 8 to lynch, 6 at deadline.

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 am

Post by crypto »

This game is broken. Simply not going to end in the foreseeable future. The number of lurkers is just devastating.
Empking wrote:
crypto wrote:
I am uneasy with someone trying to lead the town and I get the feeling that that is what Crypto has been doing.
This gets brought up in every or almost every game I play, for what it's worth.
Example?
Are you really that lazy? Crypto.
Peanutman wrote:*On that note, so is Crypto's BW on Pom a null-tell by itself, though his unprovoked defense at the beginning of D2 does make it seem scummier to me.
No, I'm frustrated at how many mis-lynches I've been involved with lately.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by peanutman »

Mask man and Trumpet of Doom, could you please put some votes up (with justification)? I believe you are the last two without votes. I know the mod isn't putting a set timeline unless necessary (is that why people aren't as active?) but if we have votes from everyone, it might be easier to then move on, creates some wagons/pressure and bust scum. This game is way too slow and the scum-team is probably loving it, lurking in the shadows with the others because they have very little to do. Let's blow them out of their comfort hole.

Step 1 : Mask Man and Trumpet of Doom : VOTE.
Step 2 : Lynch scum.*

*Step 2 isn't quite as straightforward but we'll get there.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

If it mens getting this game going,
unvote, vote bigmc
. I think that if we keep deferring lynching WW then we could get to lylo with him still alive.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by crypto »

I'm admittedly worried about that, Pyro. WW in LYLO spells a loss for the town.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by charter »

We still have like three lynches before LYLO, plenty of time.

Peanutman, going to need you to reread bigmc and actually say something about him, or I'm going to have to assume you're his scumbuddy.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by peanutman »

Charter, thanks for the warm welcome to the game. One read through already was heavy enough. But to already scum-buddy me up with someone else on my first day because I don't have a comprehensive read on them, that's a bit much. Won't be able to do much tonight and am away all day tomorrow so will read him in iso tomorrow night and post a more comprehensive read.
However, it's funny you are just concerned about my read on Bigmc when I have mentioned a few other players. Might I have mentioned one of your own scum-buddies and you're trying to detract from that? Kaiveran perhaps?
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

@Mod:
I'm still alive, and willing to get serious about this game provided I get rid of my various other projects/distractions/general fuckarounds. If I am ever inactive again for more than two days without giving you any notice, replace me w/no questions asked.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by crypto »

Unvote: bigmc109. Vote: Kaiveran.
Choo-choo
lurker!
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Don't worry, PbP coming up.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by crypto »

I'm tired of cursory PBPAs. Not enough analysis.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by charter »

peanutman wrote:Charter, thanks for the warm welcome to the game. One read through already was heavy enough. But to already scum-buddy me up with someone else on my first day because I don't have a comprehensive read on them, that's a bit much. Won't be able to do much tonight and am away all day tomorrow so will read him in iso tomorrow night and post a more comprehensive read.
However, it's funny you are just concerned about my read on Bigmc when I have mentioned a few other players. Might I have mentioned one of your own scum-buddies and you're trying to detract from that? Kaiveran perhaps?
I read your reads, they were very non committal and didn't say anything. Crypto, you say you're uneasy about him, then say he's acting in the best interest of the town. Trumpet, you repeat what others have said about his lurking. Don't say anything about WW. Vote Kaiveran for lurking, but really don't give him a reason to post.

I found it suspicious that you didn't have an opinion on bigmc, who was one of the current vote leaders. That's a very convenient position for a scum you to take when replacing in to the game, and quite frequently one that is taken by scum. As far as your Kaiveran vote, the only real problem I have with it is it isn't effective.

I also found it suspicious that after reading, the scummiest thing you saw was Kaiveran's lurking. Combined with a pointless vote on him, and you do look like a possible bigmc buddy.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

crypto wrote:Agreeing with mod; I'm bored.
Unvote. Vote: muh316.
I'm at the point where I'm willing to just see where a wagon takes us. We haven't seen enough pressure/reactions this game, in that sense. All the lurking and lack of concentrated scum hunting is going to result in a loss for the town.
It seems that I am about to witness this philosophy in action. I understand your position, and I am fully aware that I have been about as useful as an asshole on one's elbow in this game. But hey, I can change right? While I probably haven't given the most town-colored responses, I still plan to be an active and helpful player from here on in, and I would strongly advise you against lynching. But then again, anyone would.

Main thoughts on this gem:

It's a sad day for a game when the town is depending on shallow wagons to drive activity. I am the last person who should be saying this, but the responsibility lies with the players to be active and provide the game with the discussion it needs. I beseech the mod to start getting more strict about activity, seeking out replacements if need be. I suggest setting prod limits as well (i.e set a maximum amount of prods before automatically replacing a player.) We
NEED
more activity; sometimes even one uninformed decision can lead to the town's demise.

(I've noticed that the game I'm modding is pretty dead too. Is this a trend?)
charter wrote:

(huge quote train)

I thought [WarWound, Pom, and BMC] were scummy yesterday, but I believe I left bigmc off that list because he voted Pom, so since I thought Pom was scum, it seemed less likely that bigmc was bussing.

I was asking Empking for the reasons he was voting Warwound. If he said them day one, I forgot them since the night was so long.

Warwound is scummy, and I find his posts at the start of day two to be horrendously scummy.

I think bigmc continuing to go on about muh makes him look really scummy after his Pom vote yesterday. He's pretty much contradicting his actions from yesterday. This is very convenient for scum to do, it's like he just voted Pom yesterday to get in a mislynch.

Trumpet's post was really scummy. He could easily be anyone's scumbuddy.

Alright, back in to this game, so I'll be fighting for bigmc once again. Whoever said that Warwound needs to die and in order for that to happen we need to lynch him is right. I would lynch Warwound at any point before LYLO if I'm not getting bigmc or someone really scummy lynched.
Nice grounded claims, not much to say about this one, and too lazy to look up the posts he references. I'll come back to this later and see if I smell anything fishy.

Empking interjects a groundless vote/useless post as usual.

@Sando:
Sando wrote:Easy way to ensure you're on a wagon hiphop and don't have to worry about someone trying to OMGUS vote everyone they see, vote crypto...
Uh..What? Can you please explain this to me? I read it through about 5 times and all I got was a headache.

Also, you're getting some feathers in your later post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
crypto wrote:My mistake, Hiphop; I forgot about the count.
Unvote: muh 316. Vote: bigmc109.

Waiting for the Empking revelation.
(Don't hold your breath.)

Sando doesn't get it.
You obviously have a deeper understanding of Sando's mystical musings then I do.

@Trumpet of Doom

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Sando wrote:It's D2 Trumpet...
Maybe I wasn't clear.
The more players there are, the more I lurk. If I'm still around by the time it gets to LyLo, lurking from me should be Not an Issue.
Sando wrote:Absolving yourself of responsibility for your vote gets you huge scumpoints though.
Well, I guess I could simply not vote until I'm sure I'm up to speed. Then again, looking at what notes I have,
I'm a bit surprised hiphop hasn't been lynched yet... when I get my full read done, I'll post my comments from it.
I don't like your prospective style of play one bit. It's very scum-friendly, regardless of your true alignment (easy mislynch if town, deceptive influence in the home stretch if scum.)

We're still waiting on the epic revelation as well. Crypto brings up a good point later...I'll have to do some research.

FoS: Trumpet of Doom

-------------------------------------------------

Thus follows the crypto/charter discourse, culminating in this:
crypto wrote:I feel like [crypto's] been playing this game quite passively, except for the end of day 1.
I have to disagree somewhat. He hasn't been a very dense poster or a mafia-hunting machine, but I don't see him just getting by with the minimum of activity, and I fail to recall any post of his that didn't have substance.

God I'm slow.

To be continued...
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

crypto wrote:I'm tired of cursory PBPAs. Not enough analysis.
Sorry, love. You raise another good point that I hadn't thought of; huge walls of text may deter readers and further harm activity. MY post also seems very shallow and ill-constructed now that I think about it...damn, I suck.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by charter »

And also, when I ask you for your opinion on bigmc, you accuse me of 'trying to take the heat off my scumbuddy Kaiveran'. Odd of you to jump to this conclusion, because my post was merely to find out where you stand on one of the largest vote holders, but then you come back lightly accusing me of being scum. Scummy odd.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by charter »

That was an addendum to my last post.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by crypto »

Kai, you reiterated lurking issues, softly FOSed Charter, remained neutral about Empking, and FOSed Trumpet.

Meh. I don't know where I was going with that.
I have to disagree somewhat. He hasn't been a very dense poster or a mafia-hunting machine, but I don't see him just getting by with the minimum of activity, and I fail to recall any post of his that didn't have substance.
I was poking around with that issue because Charter's play here is vastly different from his play in one of my other ongoing games. Came up empty-handed.

Unvote: Kaiveran. Vote: bigmc109.

I don't like how Charter is arguing with Peanutman, but it's mostly just because I think it's a shabby way to deal with a new guy, especially a new guy who blasted through the entire thread in a day or two. I find Charter's criticisms of Peanut's neutrality to be somewhat hypocritical.
Peanut wrote:Vote Kaiveran for lurking, but really don't give him a reason to post.
This is the real bad part, though. You don't need to give lurkers/MIAs a reason to post. Everyone knows this.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

crypto wrote:In non-BMC news, Trumpet should be lynched. Not only does he seem NOT to lurk when replacing in (meta looks like he's always rather prompt with his read-throughs), but he just tried to give himself a free pass to lurk his way to LYLO.
Meta, huh? I guess you missed the one time I replaced in in the middle of the school year (Mini 739). Or the fact that I'm not half bad by the time I actually get to LyLo (see Mini 767). Or the fact that the most players that have been playing by the time I can post in a game I've replaced into has been 10, including myself (also Mini 739). Or, hell, look at my only two games as scum (Newbie 709 and Mini 709).
peanutman wrote:For your information, I will not let you lurk your way into the later days. There isn't much yet from you to get a proper read but I'm not worried about you lurking at end game as you suggested, I'm worried about you lurking now. I'd like to see more thoughts and suspicions from you.
Fair enough, I guess. Looking over my notes through about page 24 or so, I think hiphop needs to be lynched ASAP (speaking of which:
Vote: hiphop
), and WarWound at some point before LyLo (possibly muh, too). hiphop's highest on my list for multiple instances of posts I think demonstrate poor logic (153, 227, 294, 504, etc). I'm inclined to agree with you about bigmc that an isoread will be necessary - I only have him in my notes once, I think - but I'm not sure when exactly I'll have time to do that, with college essays and whatnot.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by crypto »

Unvote: bigmc109. Vote: Trumpet of Doom.
Wheeeee.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by crypto »

Actually, the first half makes up for it somewhat.
Unvote: Trumpet of Doom.
(Pukes out of votesickness.)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by charter »

crypto wrote:I find Charter's criticisms of Peanut's neutrality to be somewhat hypocritical.
Can you point out where I give neutral stances on players, I don't remember doing that. I thought his catch up post said mostly nothing. He's also replacing X who I remember being at least questionable way back when. And Ojanen who didn't look very town when she replaced in either.

Overall, he seems like a plausible bigmc partner.

Trumpet, can you elaborate on why you're voting hiphop, and why he needs to be lynched ASAP for us, please?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by hiphop »

We get an unvoter to vote, only to have crypto unvote. :roll:

charter- do you really think that we should, ponder who the partner is today, when we don't know if he is scum yet? Most likely he is scum, but we should get that lynch first.

Trumpet- Have you finished reading the game yet? Also explain, why bmc does not make a good lynch.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by crypto »

Hardy-har.
Vote: bigmc109.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by charter »

I think it's great scumhunting to look for pairs even before you know a scum. They are interacting with each other differently and picking up on that can be very telling.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Kaiveran wrote:
@Mod:
I'm still alive, and willing to get serious about this game provided I get rid of my various other projects/distractions/general fuckarounds. If I am ever inactive again for more than two days without giving you any notice, replace me w/no questions asked.
Okay.

In fact I think I'll make that a new set of rules:
  • If a player consistently flouts good practice on activity/attitude, etc., on my discretion I will 'card' them for that type of offence.
  • On the next offence of the type a player was carded for they will be taken out of the game by a means of my choosing as soon as possible.
  • If a player shows consistent, exemplary behavior pertinent to their card for a minimum of 4 pages(100 posts) or if circumstances intervene, a player may be uncarded at my discretion.
  • Cards do not carry over to replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”