Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Elli - I didn't say the thread was dying. I said that I could see it dying. Badly phrased maybe but I couldn't see an easy way to move forward. I went back and did the re-read and posted what I admit was a flimsy argument in an attempt to keep the game moving.

I am fairly happy as the defence that Deer is, to me (and in comparison to other games I have read recently) not over defensive. He's just posting decent reasons. Please note that "fairly happy" does not mean I am not still suspicious.

Right now I would like to hear (as I said) more from Jee before I post too much more.

For info. I have been sent on a technical course to London from Sunday to Friday 22- 27 Nov. I hope to be able to get regular access while I am away but may only be able to get on once every 24 - 36 hours. My apologies!
[/i]
Kami-Sama
Kami-Sama
Townie
Kami-Sama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Kami-Sama »

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I'm going
through a rough period ATM and is suffering from
insomnia... So I'm having a little troube keeping up.

But this is what I got:

My main suspicion is of Elli,
but I think deer is seeming somewhat scummy too.

I'm hoping to actually get some sleep tonight,
and if that's the case, expect a more in-depth post.

~ Kami-Sama
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

Just a quick scan of posts for anything that really stands out and apart from one post Jee has only posted one liners, and even a single word in one post.

Does this scream active lurking? it does to me.

NOT game related: Jee - Chelsea??? Definitely scummy!! :twisted:
:lol:

You're already at L-2, I will quite happily put you at L-1 or even lynch unless you give me a good reason not to. I also have a pretty good feeling who I want to go after as your scumbuddy, but more of that later.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by jee »

For the people voting for me. Can I get some reasons, possibly to help me better defend the accusations.

Next thing,
Ellibereth wrote:@ jee's post 73:
jee wrote:I was first checking to see a reaction, looking for a scummy reaction.
From who? And if it was deer, why didn't you continue to wait

Because I was getting a lot of flack about it, expecially from you

examples:
Mr Finch wrote:Well, let's have some more discussion then please. Perhaps you could start by explaining why the vote on Deer?
Arthur Dent wrote:
jee wrote:I have my reasons.
Vagueness gets you nowhere.
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much?
Unvote, Vote jee
Arthur Dent wrote:And jee, if you have your reasons, feel free to give them to us. I know I've been waiting for your reason to show up, because I'm not seeing it.

FOS: jee
I WAS waiting, but I had alot of people attacking me for it.

Ellibereth wrote:#1
What the heck are you talking about? He DOES point out he doesn't like to RV, but how the hell does that associate him with town?

You accuse deer of buddying when he does tiny things such as agreeing with you in #4, and just clarifying a freaking post in #6.
Youre right, it was just little things I saw... the reason I voted him in the first place... to get more out of him... but then, everyone turned after me.
Ellibereth wrote:However, you seem to "miss" the below more blatant case of directly defending you in #3.
deer wrote:As Sens said, this seems unfair. Besides Ellibereth, who might just be new and have little experience, me and jee have done little to show ourselves as scum. My reason for voting RPG was just as legitimate as your reason for voting for SensFan, and jee's, while it may have been a slight bandwagon, also appeared to be random.
False, see here:
jee wrote: His #4 also had a little buddying in it, defending my 2nd vote saying it was random.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by jee »

@Mr.Finch... thats kind of just me. I was answering the questions asked, giving no reasons because i was looking for reaction. By the way there isn't any reason to get a person to L-1 this early.

and yes... Chelsea FC ALL THE WAY
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:44 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:Why are you suspicious of me?
Because I think you're acting scummy, not to say that I haven't thought so the other games... But there's a first for everything.
Sens wrote:Why is Elli "off the hook", when she is claiming to know BOTH SCUM, and her arguments that one is suspicious is based on her being right about BOTH SCUM?
Because I don't think she's acting scummy any more. Please include quotes to support your arguments.[/quote]
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Jee wrote: @ Twilight. yah that wasn't me. you confused me. Also, you don't want to say, "Oh I'm not going to random vote during RVS, so I will put a second vote on someone." That may create suspicion on me. I saw that you had one vote, so I put a second one on to create pressure, discised as a random vote.
I never had you answer this for me, Jee. But what in the heck do you mean by this? You dont want ME to put suspicion on you? Why not? If you're town, what are you afraid of?

Looking through your ISO, It seems you have tried to write without writing. In that, I mean You say posts #3,4,5, etc... But why dont you just quote those posts because I have no idea what you are talking about. It's pretty strenuous to hop back and forth reading what you have to write and attribute it to your case and make some sort of reason out of all of it. It's much eaiser for you and all of us if you just quote em up.
Jee wrote: I was answering the questions asked, giving no reasons because i was looking for reaction
What reaction were you looking for? The only reaction you'll ever get out of that is exactly what you got. Nothing more can really come of that. Especially when two posts that should have been substantial in content were "I have my reasons" and "Me". People were waiting to see what you had to say, and you bailed on that and now you're saying it's just because you wanted a reaction. El contrair, we actually wanted a response out of you. But you gave us none trying to use the "reaction" tactic. It just seemed like a good bailout plan.

FoS: Jee
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 am

Post by SensFan »

DarkLightA wrote:
SensFan wrote:Why are you suspicious of me?
Because I think you're acting scummy, not to say that I haven't thought so the other games... But there's a first for everything.
Sens wrote:Why is Elli "off the hook", when she is claiming to know BOTH SCUM, and her arguments that one is suspicious is based on her being right about BOTH SCUM?
Because I don't think she's acting scummy any more. Please include quotes to support your arguments.
I already included quotes. Please pay attention.
SensFan wrote:I'm glad you know what bussing means, Eli, but now I question the following:
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much?
Unvote, Vote jee
How in tarnation are you comfortable enough to claim that jee and deer are the two Scum, this early in the game?
---

Why do you think I'm acting scummy? Please include quotes to support your argument.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:Why do you think I'm acting scummy? Please include quotes to support your argument.
I also think Deer-jee pair seems suspicious.. If you don't, then don't blame the ones that do.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:42 am

Post by SensFan »

It is absolutely and completely ludicrous and insane to start calling out scumpairs before we have a single Scum dead. There's no sane reason to be voting someone on Day 1 because you think they might be Scum with someone else. On Day 1, you're lucky if you happen to lynch Scum at all, since that isn't even the intended purpose.

Also, are you really saying I'm suspicious for balking at the statement that someone has caught both Scum by page 3-4? If so, I suggest you take off those tunnel-glasses you seem to where whenever you play with me; since that would be illogical and insane.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I'm just testing you... I already know your meta.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:21 am

Post by SensFan »

Stop beating around the bush. Why am I suspicious, in your eyes? Include quotes.

Thanks.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by jee »

RPG*Twilight wrote:
Jee wrote: @ Twilight. yah that wasn't me. you confused me. Also, you don't want to say, "Oh I'm not going to random vote during RVS, so I will put a second vote on someone." That may create suspicion on me. I saw that you had one vote, so I put a second one on to create pressure, discised as a random vote.
I never had you answer this for me, Jee. But what in the heck do you mean by this? You dont want ME to put suspicion on you? Why not? If you're town, what are you afraid of?
I don't know what you're looking for with this. Of course I'm not going to purposely cause suspicion on me.
RPG*Twilight wrote:Looking through your ISO, It seems you have tried to write without writing. In that, I mean You say posts #3,4,5, etc... But why dont you just quote those posts because I have no idea what you are talking about. It's pretty strenuous to hop back and forth reading what you have to write and attribute it to your case and make some sort of reason out of all of it. It's much easier for you and all of us if you just quote em up.
Didn't know I was gonna get in trouble for this... The last game I played in started turning into extremely long walls of quotes and it became unbearable for a lot of people to even keep playing. It became a chore to read through them. I was just trying to avoid it since those posts together were decently long.
RPG*Twilight wrote:What reaction were you looking for? The only reaction you'll ever get out of that is exactly what you got.
IDK what I was expecting. I wanted a reaction. I played mafia in my last game and deer resembled alot of what I did in the game. It was a gut feeling to vote for him, and I was looking at where it led me, from his reaction.
RPG*Twilight wrote: But you gave us none trying to use the "reaction" tactic
I gave you my reason for originally voting for him.... Post 73
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:45 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:Stop beating around the bush. Why am I suspicious, in your eyes? Include quotes.

Thanks.
Your attitude towards the game is suspicious, but I know that this is a part of your meta. Don't worry. I'm on jee's tail right now.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:11 am

Post by SensFan »

DarkLightA wrote:
SensFan wrote:Stop beating around the bush. Why am I suspicious, in your eyes? Include quotes.

Thanks.
Your attitude towards the game is suspicious, but I know that this is a part of your meta. Don't worry. I'm on jee's tail right now.
How is my attitude towards the game suspicious?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:42 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:
DarkLightA wrote:

Thanks.
How is my attitude towards the game suspicious?
Naturally.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:27 am

Post by SensFan »

Stop avoiding the question. You've said I'm suspicious, now man up and explain yourself, with quotes.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by jee »

DarkLightA wrote:Don't worry. I'm on jee's tail right now.
...ok...

@ Elli, can I get a follow up from you on my post 103. I thought I answered those questions you had very well and wanted to know what you had to say now.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, I had no access time this weekend.

Official Vote Count

Arthur Dent - 1 (Kami-Sama)
Ellibereth - 2 (RPG*Twilight, SensFan)
Deer - 1 (jee)
jee - 3 (Ellibereth, Deer, DarkLightA)

Not Voting - 2 (Arthur Dent, Mr Finch)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Monday, December 7.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm V/LA for two-three days. Sorry guys.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:Stop avoiding the question. You've said I'm suspicious, now man up and explain yourself, with quotes.
Because you seem to be against everything. I'm explaining no further.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 am

Post by jee »

Ellibereth wrote:
I'm V/LA for two-three days. Sorry guys.
booo ;) i guess i'll come back to it in a few days.

Deer, where have you been. You seem to have disappeared for a few days... as well as a few other people...
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Sorry for the disappearance!

I've been reading the thread, but I don't know what to add at this point. The whole 'DarkLightA vs. jee vs. deer vs. SensFan vs. Ellibereth' is getting a little bit overwhelming. I'm just not sure what questions to ask at this point.

At this point, I don't even have a strong enough leaning to even give some input or pressure on a player.
I'll reread the thread and see if I can find any information that hasn't been brought up, but it seems like to many players are on a defensive track to establish who's most likely trying to hide something.
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 am

Post by SensFan »

DarkLightA wrote:
SensFan wrote:Stop avoiding the question. You've said I'm suspicious, now man up and explain yourself, with quotes.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Do the rest of you really not see how hypocritical it is that DarkLight hounded me to explain something I already had, demanded quotes, and then refuses to explain why he thinks I'm one of the most suspicious people here?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Mr Finch »

SensFan wrote:
DarkLightA wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about?

Do the rest of you really not see how hypocritical it is that DarkLight hounded me to explain something I already had, demanded quotes, and then refuses to explain why he thinks I'm one of the most suspicious people here?
What I see:

1 You are aggressive in your posts. Whether this is on purpose or not, I don't know.
2. I have no meta on either of you.
3. Hypocritical? Is it bad of me to say that (even after being alive for 37 years) I don't understand this word well enough to agree or disagree?

For my opinion? I don't think you are scummy (Sensfan) but I could be proven wrong. I also don't know what the hell he (DLA) is playing at but I don't like that he won't explain himself and one word posts like "naturally" and the quote you quoted above gets right up my nose. Not exactly pro-town attitude is it.

@jee - Do you read the thread? I posted that access would be limited for me back in post 100.
booo i guess i'll come back to it in a few days.
You're kidding right? Please tell me you're not serious. Just 'cos Elli's away doesn't mean you can't offer opinions on other people. Do you still feel that Deer is scum? Are YOU bussing?

What about the "banter" between Sensfan and DLa?

Arthur: Please, ask some questions, get some answers, get involved! I feel like you're active lurking at the moment.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”