Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Kaiveran, malpascp, muh316, WarWound, and mask man are carded on activity.

Will prod bigmc109.

---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 950):

bigmc109 - 6(charter, WarWound, Kaiveran, hiphop, crypto, Pyromaniac)
crypto - 3(Sando, muh316, bigmc109)
Kaiveran - 1(peanutman)
hiphop - 1(Empking)

Not Voting:Trumpet of Doom, mask man, malpascp

It takes 8 to lynch, 6 at deadline.

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
Last edited by Scigatt on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Post by Sando »

Carded for lurking/lack of activity?

Unvote, Vote: Kaiveran

Too many lurkers, we're not lynching someone as active as crypto today and giving lurkers a free pass imo.

Kai's 'catch up post' is astonishingly weak. It completely ignores pretty much everything except:

To say that Charter looks pro-town
To quote one of my fairly off-the-cuff posts that was pointless from me
To refer to only 1 of crypto's million posts, which was about my pointless post.
Misquote someone, either charter or crypto, too tired to go back and work out which one you misquoted.
To say that Trumpet is 'scum-friendly' with no real substance other than to change the colour of some of his post.

Other than that you've actively lurked through 38 pages of game and keep saying it's a scum-tell. Well it is, and I'm voting you for it.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by mask man »

Right, I know I gave an explanation earlier, said I was momentarily afk and all that jazz but I'm a few hours late. I been keeping track of the topic but haven't had time to post what I was planning to. I have a timeframe for mafia cut in between Saturday and Sunday.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:39 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: bigmc
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 am

Post by malpascp »

@bigmc
L-1
We want a claim
Ill just make sure that I can always be the hammer, as this guy should have been lynched yesterday
So...convince me
Last chance,I guess
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Dayvig: bigmc
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:14 am

Post by crypto »

Unvote.
Not letting lurking VI hammer.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 am

Post by crypto »

I don't like Sando's last post. Pursuing Kai is lame, boring, lazy, etc., considering he was (a) so pro-town early on and (b) in favor of my lynch earlier today. With regard to (b): going after a chronic lurker for her catchup post (big deal, seriously) shortly after being so audacious as to go after me, the king of activity spam, doesn't seem right.

If BMC is scum, Sando is his buddy. Not only did Sando side with BMC during the BMC/SC/Staple/Charter debate, but SerialClergyman originally felt like something was up with Sando ... which may have been cause for a night kill before SC could muster his gut read into Sando lynch material. Sort of too obvious, but the mafia does sometimes go for the too-obvious night kill for WIFOM's sake.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 am

Post by muh316 »

(b) in favor of my lynch earlier today.

[sarcasm]Hey look everybody! Im on cryptos side. Guess what that means! IM TOWN! Yipee lets celebrate have a party.[/sarcasm]
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 am

Post by crypto »

Town reads who've disagreed with me or argued against me: Charter, SerialClergyman, Hiphop, Empking, Pyromaniac, Peanutman, WarWound (tentatively).
DENIED
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Sando »

Crypto, your posting is completely useless, you're jumping all over the place and specifically avoiding ever actually giving a decent read on people.

I didn't side with BigMC on D1, I sided against Muh. You also just avoided lynching BigMC, being a bit hypocritical there?

Also, what about my post against Kai don't you like apart from there being one? Do you disagree with part of what I said? Do you strongly believe that Kai is town?

Both of you are being useless, so I voted both of you.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by crypto »

Haha. Good. Thanks for returning to me.

Useless players are not always scum. You know it. All you have to do is look at this game.

I believe I've given plenty of reads, but I'm truly, deeply sorry for being unable to update my reads. You see, I'm not all that good at reading lurkers. Also, if you knew how to digest written English you'd realize the post directly above yours just listed a shit ton of reads. So screw off.

It's stupid to post all your reads. It makes you one-dimensional, let's the mafia know where you're going, and gives the mafia great night kill choices.

Town: charter, hiphop, Empking, Pyromaniac, Peanutman, WarWound, malpascp
Null: mask man, Sando, Kaiveran, muh316
Scum: bigmc109, Trumpet of Doom

Now you do the same thing. Ready, go.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Sando »

Completely unjustified reads that are 100% useless for town, congrats.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Dayvig: bigmc
Don't try that again.

Edit:Also, looking for replacement for Warwound.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by crypto »

Sando wrote:Completely unjustified reads that are 100% useless for town, congrats.
I am not justifying every single read. I am not revealing my reasoning for every single player. Sorry. That's a waste of time. I and the rest of the town only need to focus on players in the running for a lynch.

I still want you to give YOUR reads. And since you think they all need to be justified, I want you to do so. Go.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Sando »

I gave reasons for my vote on you, I gave reasons for my vote on Kai, and I stated reasons that I was finding Trumpet scummy. To suggest that I haven't been providing thought out reads is utterly ludicrous, and you're just starting to sound stupid.

And while I don't expect you to justify every read, justifying any of them would be a good start.

You're attacking anyone that even looks at you, you OMGUS vote everybody that votes you, and you utterly refuse to provide any meaningful discussion, instead you'd prefer to act like a complete idiot and hide behind the fact that since you're always an idiot who plays anti-town, we shouldn't vote you.

I for one, am calling you on it, my vote will be on you till you actually start contributing something worthwhile. Until then you're utterly useless and actively stifling conversation.

Unvote, Vote: Crypto
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by mask man »

Good evening gentlemen.
crypto wrote:Finally.
Fuck. Castigate me, severely. That's three times in a row I've urged the wrong lynch on day 1. I'm on the verge of resorting to random.org and some butchering of Bayes' theorem to pick out my scum. Next time I build a really nuanced case for a suspect, someone please let me know so I make sure not to vote for them.
As I have already said, don't like this first post of obv reasons.
charter wrote:Empking, reasons for WW? I don't know what they are, sorry.
vote bigmc

Still probably scum.
Still? Really?
I am still looking forwards to seeing an actaul case on him other then "He mentioned chainlynching once."

Crypo jumped on the WW noob wagon, and pushed it like it was his car after it ran out of gas.
WW has been the biggest VI I have ever seen. Really, I don't have many problems with preflynching when I think it will actaully profit the town. Sadly this is not one of those times.
muh316 wrote:Crypto. Your looking like a scum. All this pushing for a lynch thing. It seems as if you know everybodys roles. A clear scum tell.
muh is completely correct because when Crypto pushes for a lynch it is scummy, but when muh pushes a lynch with charter for shit reasons it is 100% justified.
crypto wrote:And now for the kicker, which deserves separation from the quote wall. Watch this, guys:
Muh316 wrote:Crypto. Your looking like a scum.
All this pushing for a lynch thing.
It seems as if you know everybodys roles.
A clear scum tell.
bigmc109 wrote:BTW, crypto, muh has a very valid point.
bigmc109 on day 1 wrote:Was I pushing for his lynch? Yes, that's what players do in this game when they believe someone is scum. It's also what scum do when they are trying to cause a mislynch;
the fact that I pushed for Staple's lynch is a null tell.
Notice my unvote of him. This was in part because he was replaced, and also in part because he went against one of my arguments about him (that being he finally asked for a replacement). I was not going for the easy target, I was going for the scummy player.
Ta-da!
Unvote: muh316. Vote: bigmc109.

Fucking yes, I'm in
ad hom
mode now.
You're doing it wrong. IMO, the redbold points at Muh. According the bigmc's reasoning, which does not fail, Muh is just saying "Everybody that has ever pushed for a lynch is scummy", which is exactly what he said when he voted you.
WarWound wrote:
crypto wrote:
Unvote: hiphop.

Vote: bigmc109.

*insert town autowin here*
vote bigmc109
, this certainly makes alot of sense, especially proving it with quotes
WW is looking like a blind follower.
When I first read the snippet'd post I wasn't in the best condition, but once I read it now it looks like Crypto is epic town. Still hasn't convinced me that well on BMC.

I think that post 868 to 872 is an pretty cool guy, he takes sarcasm over the top and pushes shit off cliffs and doesn't afraid of ANY logic.
But really, you can see this kind of thing in alot of muh's posts.
muh316 wrote:
crypto wrote:
Vote: muh316.
clear scum. Just because I targeted you you targeted me back. It seems pretty scummy to me. I think my vote was correct. Your very scummy.
Notice the only real content is the second sentence. Let's take it away and see what the post looks like.
"clear scum. It seems pretty scummy to me. I think my vote was correct. Your very scummy."
Really now? Okay class, today we will work on elaboration while still pushing your argument. You'll notice that the content is complete shit, but let's ignore that. The real important thing about this example is everything else. Take out your highlighter and mark every sentence that strengthens the argument by enforcing the idea that we are right and our opponent is wrong. If you don't have a highlighter, just underline in pen. Now to reveiw todays lesson: You can enforce any argument by blatently saying what your evidence is trying to say. The best part is that you can do this as much as humanly possible and still be taken seriously because it makes it look like your post has content.
If this strategy is used on the test tomorrow by pointing out one detail between different ways of saying "I'm right", you are sure to ace it!
Empking wrote:
Unvote, Vote: HH
hiphop wrote:Empking- what is the news?
Empking wrote:No news. I just think you're scum.

BMC has done a few scum things but I need to do a review on him later. I would much rather lynch muh, and I'm surprised Crypto didn't say "Well, instead of me voting BMC just so we can have a bandwagon, why don't you just join me?"
I might change my mind once I take a look at BMC, course Crypto unvoted for a good reason.
Overall I think Muh is just way scummier then BMC. Let the guy defend himself too.
vote: Muh

It may be that I have a scar on my brain from everyone wagoning BMC for shit reasons yesterday and have a picture of him with "100% town" engraved in my mind.

Sorry for waiting so long to make such a useless post, I explained that I would post the day I got carded and excuses excuses and stuff.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by crypto »

Mask goes back in the town column.

Also, Mask, I wanted WW lynched
primarily
because I thought Staple (not so much WW) was scummy. When I reread Staple, I realized he wasn't as scummy as I'd thought. WW was a village idiot, but remember that being a village idiot doesn't mean you aren't scum.

Sando, you demanded reads from me, even though I've been one of the most useful players in the game. I gave them to you. Then you whined that I hadn't given reasons, which is silly because you didn't ask them in the first place and because I don't need to give reasons for all my damn reads. I only need to give reasons for people I want lynched—BMC and Trumpet, to a lesser extent, Muh. I've given those reasons (via walls-of-text in the case of BMC). Neither of us have that bad a memory. You are attacking me for a false reason. Do not fuck with me.
I gave reasons for my vote on you, I gave reasons for my vote on Kai, and I stated reasons that I was finding Trumpet scummy. To suggest that I haven't been providing thought out reads is utterly ludicrous, and you're just starting to sound stupid.
Your reading comprehension sucks. I didn't ask you to restate reads with reasons; I asked you for reads the way I'd done them, only with reasons since that's what you think matters. If you really don't think giving reasons for every read matters—as you now assert—then just fucking post some reads the way I did. Make the same lists as I did, or something similar. Again, I've already justified BMC, Muh, and Trumpet. Briefly, I justified my flip-flop on Staple/WW.
You're attacking anyone that even looks at you, you OMGUS vote everybody that votes you, and you utterly refuse to provide any meaningful discussion, instead you'd prefer to act like a complete idiot and hide behind the fact that since you're always an idiot who plays anti-town, we shouldn't vote you.
Bullshit. Peanut looked at me. I didn't attack him. Mask looked at me. I didn't attack him. And so on. You seem lost. Go back and reread day 1. Go back and reread my BMC case. I have provided plenty of meaningful conversation. Ease off the fucking
ad hominem
, or at least augment it with arguments that aren't completely demented.
I for one, am calling you on it, my vote will be on you till you actually start contributing something worthwhile. Until then you're utterly useless and actively stifling conversation.
That's a huge, simmering pile of bullshit. Nothing I've has frozen discussion.

This is a horrible case coming from a player who's obviously more competent than Muh, WW, etc. That reeks of ulterior motives.
Hand of Suspicion: Sando.

Oh, wait, pointing out how horrible a case is must be OMGUS. Shit. He's right, guys.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Sando »

Crypto wrote:Do not fuck with me.
Crypto, being rude and belligerent isn't going to get me to go away, sorry mate. I love being rude, belligerent, and a whole host of other adjectives, like sarcastic, caustic, belittling and arrogant, just to name a few. Telling me 'not to fuck with you' isn't going to get me to back off, in fact it's a red rag to a bull, so let's have fun with this :)

You have not been in any way useful, you have voted 11 times just in D2, 2 of which were pure OMGUS (you voted for the person who had literally just voted you with no reasoning given). You're votes have never been justified, so when you say that "I only need to give reasons for people I want lynched" I'm assuming that when you vote someone you'll give reasons for them.

The fact that you're happy to call people scum, town or neutral and utterly refuse to actually give reasons for that, and still think my case is weak, is utterly ludicrous. You are refusing to give any useful information to town, and think that voting everyone in the game, and then hiding behind the 'I always act like an idiot' card is weak and pathetic, I'm not buying it.
Crypto wrote:I didn't ask you to restate reads with reasons
Crpyto wrote: I still want you to give YOUR reads. And since you think they all need to be justified, I want you to do so.
You are an outright liar. And you thinking that you're going to get me to back off by telling not to 'fuck with you' is hilarious.

Care to tell me how you WEREN'T asking for my reads + reasons?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by crypto »

2 of which were pure OMGUS (you voted for the person who had literally just voted you with no reasoning given)
I was making a point of how blatantly pointless/irrational/scummy/useless Muh's vote was.
Care to tell me how you WEREN'T asking for my reads + reasons?
Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it? Again, unlike you I am not so blind or thickheaded as to demand you to repeat the reads you just posted about me, Trumpet, whoever. I want you to give your reads on everyone, just like I did when you demanded mine. Should be relatively straightforward. I tacked on the "justified" clause because if you want me to justify mine, you must also justify yours.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by crypto »

And again:
You have not been in any way useful
That is an outright false statement. Reread day 1. Reread my day 2 BMC case.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Sando »

You asked me to give my reads, with reasonings. Then you claimed that didn't ask me for just that... I mean really, contradicting yourself in the space of 2 posts is pretty stupid.

You asked me for my reads, plural, I had given you 3, with reasonings, just today. Asking for someones reads doesn't mean you've asked for reads on every single player in the game. I don't give reads I can't justify, because they are completely fucking useless without any justification.

I make cases, today for instance I've made a case on you, Kai and I've called Trumpet on some of the things they've done that I find scummy.

Merely insulting me, when I'm right, isn't going to work dude.
Crypto wrote:I was making a point of how blatantly pointless/irrational/scummy/useless Muh's vote was.
All of your votes are like this.

I will admit that you are right about one thing though, you have been quite useful, you've shown just how scummy you are, so thank you for that.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by crypto »

You asked me for my reads, plural, I had given you 3, with reasonings, just today. Asking for someones reads doesn't mean you've asked for reads on every single player in the game. I don't give reads I can't justify, because they are completely fucking useless without any justification.
Assumptions swing either way. Your reads are not useless without spoken justification. But your refusal to give more than three at this stage in the game is anti-information and therefore anti-town.
I make cases, today for instance I've made a case on you, Kai and I've called Trumpet on some of the things they've done that I find scummy.
Your cases on both me and Kaiveran are both awful and they fly in the face of your pro-town day 1 play.
All of your votes are like this.
Another flat-out lie.

Vote: Sando
until BMC shows up. I can't believe this is happening. Sando has done a complete 180 in his behavior. I don't even know.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by crypto »

Merely insulting me, when I'm right, isn't going to work dude.
You're wrong. In every way. As for insults, you're also guilty of this—"you'd prefer to act like a complete idiot and hide behind the fact that since you're always an idiot who plays anti-town," which is also a misrepresentation of what I said, by the way—so lay off the hypocrisy.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Sando »

Crypto wrote:Assumptions swing either way. Your reads are not useless without spoken justification. But your refusal to give more than three at this stage in the game is anti-information and therefore anti-town.
Deliberately avoiding the obvious, or falling to the same issue you like to accuse me of? If I don't think I can justify it, it's because I don't have a good enough read on someone to say that they're anything but pretty neutral in my eyes. So you actually want me to type 'xxxx is neutral so far' just for sake of saying it? And not saying that is anti-town? Nope, noone is that stupid, you're clearly reaching for an argument here.

I've also said that I find BigMC and Muh scum, just haven't stated that today. Nothing has changed to make them look less scummy, it's just that a lot of things pinged on my scumdar today, and now you're obviously scum, so I've chosen you for today.

Good to know you've locked in on me, although past experience says I'll have your vote for all of 2 minutes. And I'm extremely happy to put my towniness against yours. You're the 4th person I'm actively going after, nothing has changed in my play except who I'm attacking. This is good though, maybe having you voting me will finally force you to actually justify your actions.

What about my behavior has changed? Or is that what you meant by "I don't even know", you don't know how it's changed, you're just worried that someone is actively attacking you?

I also never said you were an idiot, merely that you were acting like one, and I'm fairly strongly implying that you're doing it deliberately. I'm also not complaining about insulting me, just pointing out how pointless it is on me, I'm happy for you to insult me, and I'm happy to insult you if you want me to.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”