Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:43 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Merkabah wrote:@Tarhalindur: I agreed with your initial post reasoning that swimmer was an alt (in which case alignment wouldn't be taken into account) or newbscum. I felt it was more an alt than anything; but with that "50/50" chance of being alt/newbscum, what primarily *at that time* make you lean towards the latter/make you feel the need to vote for swimmer?
1) At the time I considered him the scummiest player.
2) If swimmer WAS an alt he could just say so, and then I could move my vote (or else keep it on him for different reasons).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:45 am

Post by Glork »

What I'm saying is that FoSes during the RANDOM stage of the game are completely meaningless. I do FoS on occasion, but I don't see how "Glork FoSed two random people during the random stage, but didn't FoS a player later on" constitutes a sensical argument.

I'm pretty sure I explained that Swimmer was the one sheeping off of MonkeyMan. Monkey at least attempted to explain himself and what he was thinking. Swimmer didn't explain himself properly, and then continued to fail to explain himself when I asked him to.
It seemed to me that Swimmer saw an opportunity to bandwagon somebody, took that opportunity, then had no idea how to justify himself when questioned about it

I've also already stated that I had protown reads on Exalt and Merk. They looked like two protown players attacking each other because they both thought the other was scum. I'm not going to completely stop questioning players whom I have protown reads on (because goodness knows, people are rarely pinpoint accurate on D1). So yeah, I told Exalt that some things bothered me about his play, but ultimately
I didn't vote for Exalted because I decided he was probably protown
Tar wrote:Also, "you're better than this" is a CRAP argument (and a personal pet peeve).
It's not an argument. It's me telling you that I'm annoyed with you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Glork »

Glork wrote:Also, I completely disagree with "Empking probably not Jupiter Mafia." Exalt committed a classic Jeepian scumtell which suggests a connection between Exalt and Empking.
Ignore this. The tell isn't one of Jeep's Common Tells for scum, but it is from way back in the day.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Pads »

Is the squabbling over?
Wickedestjr wrote:
Pads wrote: Speaking of weak attempts to get the game going, Wicked's Post 47 looks like scum trying too hard to fit in and just posting fluff instead. Same thing for his exchanges with Exalt
Can you elaborate on this?
Certainly.
Exalt wrote: Where is my question Wickedestjr? You have said that you are now ending your RVS questions and getting down to business, so why am I left out here?
First of all, he took your big fluffy post completely seriously. I don't think a single other person did (i.e. bothered to answer any of the questions). This looks to me as though he is trying to validate your scum hunting.

You could argue that your large post came in the RVS, but Exalt's response and your follow up were clearly posted out of the RVS.
Wickedestjr. wrote:
Exalt wrote: Wickedestjr: Are you scum?
No. How about you?
Exalt's play did not strike me as terribly deep, and I doubt he'd be brave enough to lob this question at anyone other than a trusted scum buddy. Your response is no better. Most importantly, the entire exchange looks fake.

I didn't like the attack on Kise's proposed lynching of the squabblers, but other than that, I don't see the case on Glork.

@Tarhalindur
Inquiring minds still want to know:
Pads wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote: Intuition says you're either an alt or newbscum. Possibly both.
Uh.. What are the intersecting qualities of these two things?
This was in reference to swimmer. Looks like newbTown to me. I'm curious what your insight was.

In continuation of Post 206 xRECKONERx's response in Post 178 in which he accepts Monkey's twisting of my words, is a bit too blatant for me to think of it as buddying. But Cyberbob's echo of it in Post 203 is just far enough away from MonkeyMan for him to be inconspicuously supportive of MonkeyMan.

If he honestly thought my comment was a buddying comment, he would put his FoS on us both. Or maybe even his vote. But to suddenly echo suspicion of me due to possible buddying when he doesn't even suspect the person he's claiming me to be buddies with?
Cyberbob wrote: I'm not seeing scum in Monkey, though; his efforts (although riddled with poor rationales for his tells) appear genuine to me.
If he thinks I'm scum, that's fine. If he doesn't think Monkey is scum, that's fine, too. But a suspicion where he calls out someone for buddying is clearly manufactured when he doesn't suspect the buddy.

This is scum talking, and I don't limit him to being on Monkey's team, although it does seem likely.

Socrates wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote: Glork, RF, and Solemn are my top suspects right now....
Then why are you voting for swimmer?
I laughed. Can we please lynch him now?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Glork »

Mod: Mufasa has not posted once in this game. Please prod him at the very least. I would prefer he be replaced outright, but that's up to you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:52 am

Post by RayFrost »

Pads obviously hasn't read the thread:

he
replied to one of exalt's posts

exalt was mod owned.

pads needs to read.
don't you feel silly now?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Glork »

No, Pads was saying (paraphrased)
He (Exalted) took your (Wicked's) post seriously. I think he (Exalted, the Jupiter Mafia Godfather) is trying to validate your (Wicked's) scumhunting.
Pads is using the known fact that Exalted is scum to draw an Exalted/Wicked connection. It's actually a very intriguing argument.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:59 am

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, I kinda skimmed his post, so I didn't notice :oops:
don't you feel silly now?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Empking »

Wysp is still the scummiest player.

Glork: Did you say why you FOS's me? (In a later post you acted like everybony knew why but I can't find the actual reason.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Glork »

At the time, no. In fact, the first time it came up again was just now, when I said that Exalted made a tell which links the two of you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Socrates »

Glork wrote:I'm pretty sure I explained that Swimmer was the one sheeping off of MonkeyMan. Monkey at least attempted to explain himself and what he was thinking. Swimmer didn't explain himself properly, and then continued to fail to explain himself when I asked him to.
It seemed to me that Swimmer saw an opportunity to bandwagon somebody, took that opportunity, then had no idea how to justify himself when questioned about it
FYI, I was just re-reading and noticed that this isn't actually true. Swimmer voted for Ray before Monkey did. Does that change your perspective at all?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Glork »

Err, yeah, I guess it does.

I know that MonkeyMan brought up the "over-defensive" bit first, and that swimmer
then
attacked Ray's defense. I just assumed that because Monkey had gone after Ray's defense first, that he had also voted first.

Throw the "bandwagoning" bit out the window, but the other points I had previously brought up (Bad argument, Swimmer's paranoia) still apply.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Devestation »

I wanna see what Swimmers replacement has to say.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Empking wrote:Wysp is still the scummiest player.

Glork: Did you say why you FOS's me? (In a later post you acted like everybony knew why but I can't find the actual reason.)
I'm guessing Wysp's scumminess is based solely on swimmer's previous actions. What do you think of his decision to replace out?
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Glork »

It wasn't swimmer's decision. The mod said Swimmer was forcibly replaced.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Merkabah »

Ok, I just caught up since I was traveling yesterday and I'm very happy to see that my initial read on Exalt was correct. It probably could have been expressed better, but spilled milk and all that.

Right now, we think that Monkeyman or Cyberbob is the correct lynch today, but we still need to have some internal discussions as to what we think the best course of action is.

I also think we need to hear more from the folks who remain in the background before we end the day. There are too many people I have no read whatsoever on and I don't think they should get a free pass to Day 2.

-VPB
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Slicey »

Not sure if you guys saw this in my sig, but I'll have little to no access until about Tuesday night. Sorry for the inconvenience. Expect a post by then or Wednesday.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Can we go ahead and lynch MM please?
green shirt thursdays
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm a town tracker...
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sorry for not paying so much attention to this thread. It is mostly because, I have been really busy lately, and my other game is 2 days away from deadline.

I just read pages 8 and 9.

I like Merkabah in the argument between him and Exalt, and also, after seeing Exalt's flip, I seriously doubt that Merkabah is scumbuddies with Exalt if he is scum, but I doubt he is scum anyway.

VPB, why was it that in post 216 you only commented on Cyberbob's post?

Cyberbob wrote:I'll make you a deal: you drop the act about not defending swimmer and I'll write up the list.
Why does this have to happen for you to write the list? Also, if Merkabah was telling the truth, this means you'll never give the list?

Some Reads;

MonkeyMan - Still Scum
Cyberbob - Scum (for the reasons I stated earlier)
Snow_Bunny - Town
Merkabah - Town
Pads - Town
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Glork wrote:Thing is, you are accountable for your partner's actions and behaviors. If Amished defended Swimmer, then Merkabah defended swimmer. "Amished defended Swimmer but I didn't" is irrelevant.
Why?

Glork wrote:Wicked: What was the point of your laundry list of questions?
They were to help generate discussion.

BTW, I also think swimmer and Glork are town because of Exalt's interactions with them.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unvote.
green shirt thursdays
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Socrates »

I've never encountered a tracker claim before so I don't quite know how to deal with it, but it seems both confirmable and hard to fake over a long period of time, so I am fine letting Monkey live for now.

I see the case on swimmer, but Exalt being on his wagon makes me leery. I guess I could get behind a wagon on his replacment, but there wouldn't be much fire to it.

The Cyberbob suspicion I don't find unreasonable.

Re: Pads' case on Wikedest, I went and Iso'd Wikedest in a couple of his finished games and his play here seems pretty consistant with previous games. He posts a lot of questions that could be construed as fluff and whatnot. Then again, he doesn't seem to have any completed games as scum, so take that with a grain of salt.

SolemnJ clearly wasn't paying attention when he posted his vote on Monkey, as he was already voting monkey. I would love for him to make a more detailed case and explain exactly what he means by "Helpful." Seems awfully forced to me. Beyond that, he is a lurker.

Mufasa has 0 posts, Vaya has 1 post, WarWound has 2 posts. They need to either be prodded or replaced soon.

Raivann is lurking, Slicey still hasn't posted anything (but hes V/LA), Wysp still hasn't posted anything. EmpKing isn't contributing anything.

I would like to hear updated scum reads from Kise, Cyberbob, RiceballTail, and Snow_Bunny.

unvote, vote:SolemnJ
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Glork »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Glork wrote:Wicked: What was the point of your laundry list of questions?
They were to help generate discussion.
Does it bother you that a large number of people ignored or deliberately chose not to answer your questions? Why didn't you follow up on them?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, shit. I've been tunneling on MonkeyMan so much, I don't really know where else to look. A full-re-read is forthcoming sometime today.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”