Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Vi »

Ectomancer 249 wrote:
Vi wrote:Ectomancer: Everyone has a gun. I think that has been made rather apparent by now.
Apparent by now being the operable phrase. Prior to don shooting you, it was apparent only that I had one.
Actually, Amished obviously hinted at having one when talking about Benmage... and my response crumbed that I did too.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the argument. Arguing with you is an exercise in futility (although the smiling cat avatar blunted that a little).
Ectomancer 249 wrote:BTW unlike Don's assessment, you always look like scum who might be town to me, not the other way around.
You just always read as scum to me :P
(The fact that you almost always HAVE been scum helps this)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Benmage Post 223 wrote:I told ya its a bad vote already lol, because its based solely on my eperience with VP.
Okay then, how about you elaborate some more then. What is he doing that is so against his meta that you just have to vote him for?
Amished Post 228 wrote:@Sotty: Read the last part of my 206 again. That's the wishy-washy type of comments that I saw in d3x. I think you're .. what was it? "really reaching here" to discredit what I'm seeing. I'd like to know why, ESPECIALLY after you clearly read 206 and my point about d3x's quote.
I am confused.

I see d3x as pushing hard on nacho. Are you saying he was pushing hard, but using weakish language to enable some distance if needs be? I'm obviously not getting something so I would prefer further clarification.

Don why didn't you shoot confid?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 am

Post by d3x »

Hi guys. I'm back from my work forced exile. I'll be catching up hopefully today. Thanks for being patience.

~d
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

Sotty7 wrote:
Don why didn't you shoot confid?
he's reading more like a stubborn ass at this point. i think scum would realize how stupid an argument they are making and have backed off a lot sooner than try and push such a horrible logic fail.

also, i wasn't sure that would work. vi was just pissing me off and if i could investigate her i would have, but i can't. apparently i
can
shoot people.

we really should be careful about lurkers here. with a few of us content to be center stage scum can easily hide in the shadows. i still think there's a good chance vi is scum here, so we'll have to wait and see.
vi wrote:Thanks for the policy vig just as you happen to come under pressure though.
what pressure? people asked for comments. there was no "pressure" that i could see.
vi wrote:Use my vote and lynch Ectomancer please.
why don't you shoot him?
d3x wrote:Hi guys. I'm back from my work forced exile. I'll be catching up hopefully today. Thanks for being patience.
i've got five bullets left... i think.

*sips beer*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 am

Post by pwnz »

don_johnson wrote:vi is one of those players that always reads town imo. only way to know for sure is investigate,vig, etc. but regardless, i really didn't think that was going to work. in regards to not letting me live, daykilling on day one in broad daylight is obviously not scum play. so whatever.
This logic is almost as bad as that argument Benmage was making earlier about how only scum strive to play a flawless game. Don_johnson, are you saying that if I break into someone's house during the daytime that it obviously can't be burglary since most break-ins happen at night? Depending on Vi's alignment, I'm going to need a much better explanation than this. *hic
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote:Ectomancer: Everyone has a gun. I think that has been made rather apparent by now.

-----------------------------------------------------

VP Baltar's response doesn't do anything for me but solidify my previous read. Please kill him and add another scum game to
his
collection.
Scum have guns too?? hmm..if 3 scum shoot, and we assume they have NK's aswell although maybe they dont...what by day 3 they can just blast the remainders alive and win...

his!?!?her!

I dont have a good feeling about VPB this game..i'd have to reread ecto for a better read on him.

Lets use Vi's vote while we still can.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote:
Ectomancer 249 wrote:
Apparent by now being the operable phrase. Prior to don shooting you, it was apparent only that I had one.
Actually, Amished obviously hinted at having one when talking about Benmage... and my response crumbed that I did too.
Yes i made an obvious quote of urs Vi. That made me believe you had a gun, similar to mine which made me believe you to be town. I quoted you, but didnt say anything to show you i picked up on the slight crumb...if it was a crumb, did you see that?

Its why i've a bias-ly good read on you this game :wink:
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote:
Benmage Post 223 wrote:I told ya its a bad vote already lol, because its based solely on my eperience with VP.
Okay then, how about you elaborate some more then. What is he doing that is so against his meta that you just have to vote him for?
Would love to. Time is of the essence.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:i still think there's a good chance vi is scum here, so we'll have to wait and see.
...there goes using her vote to help us...
don_johnson wrote:
vi wrote:Use my vote and lynch Ectomancer please.
why don't you shoot him?
ecto, dj, or vpb seems good to use before death.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

pwnz wrote: This logic is almost as bad as that argument Benmage was making earlier about how only scum strive to play a flawless game. Don_johnson, are you saying that if I break into someone's house during the daytime that it obviously can't be burglary since most break-ins happen at night? Depending on Vi's alignment, I'm going to need a much better explanation than this. *hic
not really, but if you see two plainclothes men BLATANTLY breaking into a house during the daytime in full view of the entire neighborhood, would it be more probable to assume that they are burgulars, or would it be just as, if not moreso, possible that they are undercover cops working a case?

either way, by shooting i have painted a big bullseye on my back on day 1. if i am scum i am attempting a huge gambit, no?

it is more likely that i am town and that i have an itchy trigger finger.

please note: vi's posts have been completely devoid a roleclaim. one would think that the first words out a persons mouth when shot in broad daylight in the game of mafia would be something along the lines of: "what the fuck are you doing? i'm the goddamn doc(or cop, watcher, etc.)." vi just dropped a small AtE and an obligatory "thoughts" post.

anyone shooting me now, or pushing my lynch is going to be obvscum.
bendovermage wrote:ecto, dj, or vpb seems good to use before death.
can you accurately make this call without vi's flip? i don't think so.

vote: benmage
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
anyone shooting me now, or pushing my lynch is going to be obvscum.
bendovermage wrote:ecto, dj, or vpb seems good to use before death.
can you accurately make this call without vi's flip? i don't think so.

vote: benmage
Bull crap. I told you why i am most confident shes town, and feel even stronger about since your trigger happy move.

I really dislike you're attempts at auto clearing yourself and desire to see vi's death to the end...when she flips town then what? We shoot you? Cool.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 am

Post by don_johnson »

Benmage wrote:
I really dislike you're attempts at auto clearing yourself and desire to see vi's death to the end...when she flips town then what? We shoot you? Cool.
fire away, sally. :)

daykill: benmage

You can actually only shoot once per day

let's see if that works.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
Benmage wrote:
fire away, sally. :)

daykill: benmage

You can actually only shoot once per day

let's see if that works.
So we all fire, this spins into mayham.

Your quick trigger action, and attempt to than shoot me is laughable...You really think Vi and I are the scum.

Terrible.

unvote vote don_johnson
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ obvscum

(psst... i didn't really think it would work twice.)

please enlighten me as to the benefit scum would have for dayvigging on day 1? do you think i possess a "godfather" role that i would be so brazen as to fire in broad daylight? if you really think i'm scum, so much so that you are prepared to face the repercussions if i'm not, why don't you shoot me?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: you don't need to quote every single fucking post. kthnxbye!
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:^^ obvscum

(psst... i didn't really think it would work twice.)

please enlighten me as to the benefit scum would have for dayvigging on day 1? do you think i possess a "godfather" role that i would be so brazen as to fire in broad daylight? if you really think i'm scum, so much so that you are prepared to face the repercussions if i'm not, why don't you shoot me?
It is possible you could be the GF trying to entice and investigation.

I dont get why you would vig vi, nor do I see why you think i'm scum. I dislike you avoiding using vi's vote who i think is town.

Hanging you works just as well.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:ebwop: you don't need to quote every single fucking post. kthnxbye!
It helps me, and definitely others when reading an iso. You can see what someone is talking about without being utterly lost.

I always do it, and encourage others to do so as well.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by pwnz »

don_johnson wrote:not really, but if you see two plainclothes men BLATANTLY breaking into a house during the daytime in full view of the entire neighborhood, would it be more probable to assume that they are burgulars, or would it be just as, if not moreso, possible that they are undercover cops working a case?
I see what you are saying. *hic
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by don_johnson »

[quote="Benmage"

It is possible you could be the GF trying to entice and investigation.[/quote]

yes. it is possible. but i am not only enticing an
investigation
by firing in broad daylight in a room which is apparently filled with gun toting playas. i have put my life on the line as well. get it?
bendyboy wrote:I dont get why you would vig vi, nor do I see why you think i'm scum.
me and vi go back a few. i think he's a she and her alignment is just as confusing. i explained why i shot her.

you are scum because you are failing ultimately in thinking outside the box. instead of trying to find scum, you are concerned with the person who shot vi,
before
vi has flipped an alignment.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Just had a wisdom tooth out and I'm a little fuzzy-headed. Not sure what to make of dj shooting Vi... I'm not sure that it'd make a lot of sense for mafia to have day and night kills (But I have a terrible mind for mechanics). Benmage is still a lynch candidate.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

pwnz wrote:
don_johnson wrote:not really, but if you see two plainclothes men BLATANTLY breaking into a house during the daytime in full view of the entire neighborhood, would it be more probable to assume that they are burgulars, or would it be just as, if not moreso, possible that they are undercover cops working a case?
I see what you are saying. *hic
I do too, but WIFOM floweth over. Same situation even if Vi shows up as scum. Gambits work because people don't think they would ever be attempted.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Don, pwnz, or Benmage seem like good lynch candidates to me.

Don and Ben both to much "but scum wouldn't do THIS, now would they?" logic and pwnz is lurky, unhelpful, and advocating of the "but scum wouldn't do THIS, now would they?" attitude.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

don_johnson 253 wrote:we really should be careful about lurkers here. with a few of us content to be center stage scum can easily hide in the shadows.
i still think there's a good chance vi is scum here, so we'll have to wait and see.
That's not what
I
remember you saying a while ago... I remember something about not being able to read me and shooting me as a precaution. :?
don_johnson 259 wrote:please note: vi's posts have been completely devoid a roleclaim. one would think that the first words out a persons mouth when shot in broad daylight in the game of mafia would be something along the lines of: "what the fuck are you doing? i'm the goddamn doc(or cop, watcher, etc.)." vi just dropped a small AtE and an obligatory "thoughts" post.
That would be because
I'm the goddamn Vanilla* Townie
, you goddamn moron!
As for asking what you're doing, I wasn't terribly surprised tbh <_<

*Note: "Vanilla" is somewhat of a misnomer but you get the idea.

don_johnson 253 wrote:why don't you shoot him?
Fixed.
While the thought has occurred to me
I need grounds to continue complaining about never being a dayvig
I DON'T think that turning this game into a gunfight is the way to go... although with how terrible ~half this Town is I may be wrong. Shooting you, for instance, would only not be a loss because you're now coming into the center of discussion like I wanted in the first place, and places you on the low end of the tier of "gee it would be nice if I could vaporize these people because they're not playing transparently", joining basically everyone except Sotty, Benmage, and maybe d3x. On the plus side, your jokes on Benmage's name are redeeming you somewhat :P

The "oh you can't make any judgments about Vi until the flip" argument is terrible at best and scummy at worst, but see previous sentence.
It's probably for the best that I've been taken out, because all this game would do is frustrate me, and nobody wants that. (or at least you had better not)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Official Vote Count!

*Benmage 5 (PorkchopExpress, VP Baltar, Nachomamma8, Amished, don_johnson)
Ectomancer 2 (pwnz, Vi)
don_johnson 2 (ConfidAnon, Benmage)
ConfidAnon 1 (Sotty)
Nachomamma8 1 (d3x)
pwnz 1 (Ectomancer)
VP Baltar 1 (Benmage)

Not voting:

The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Amished »

Unvote

Just for the sole reason that when Vi dies, the number to hammer will be reduced. I'll be catching up in a bit; been busy and got some duties to attend to right now.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”