Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Amished »

@Vi: If the third party is an SK (typical 3rd party; and given flavor, not unreasonable), why would they decide to go after scum if the town will be likely to look for them during the day and try to lynch them? If we can out them and kill them, we prevent one anti-town kill per night, extending the game and gives the scum more of a chance to screw up and get them lynched.

Also, I've not accused d3x of lurking, I simply stated that I thought he was being more passive than I feel a normal townie would be in his statements. His V/LA has never come up in my discussion, nor is it an accusation against him from me.

@Sotty (251) That's exactly what I was looking at when I commented about d3x being 3rd-party.

@Vi (again): How the hell do you get a "transparent" playstyle from d3x? You've said yourself that he's been V/LA; you can't get a read on a player from that.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote:I DON'T think that turning this game into a gunfight is the way to go...
Thats the only reason don lives at the moment...but i am seriously reconsidering this.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Amished »

Oh come on, DJ is pretty obv town if you really claim to be town-aligned.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Amished wrote:Oh come on, DJ is pretty obv town if you really claim to be town-aligned.
Explain, oh mighty logic maker.

I mean your case on me was so amazing, I'd love to see why him killing vi was obvious town. I had a town read on vi.

(lotta sarcasm, on your case being good and all if you missed that..but still do explain why dj is obv town.)
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by Amished »

Oh, I dunno, how about rereading your (hypo) town PM and rereading hohum's last post. Also, I believe Vi said she was playing deliberately scummy this game, how did you happen to get a town read on her?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Amished wrote:Oh, I dunno, how about rereading your (hypo) town PM and rereading hohum's last post. Also, I believe Vi said she was playing deliberately scummy this game, how did you happen to get a town read on her?
Yeah whose to suggest what a scum PM looks like, plus hohums snip.

What of hohums last post? Me being a lead wagon..yeah that makes dj town. Most of the votes on me are really rather poor, even dare i say opportunistic.

And i havent shot dj, which shows some damn restraint. He might be town, as vi believes as well...but sometimes they gots to go for the greater good especially since well he wants me lynched (a bad move as i am town) and more over is willing to kill me (2nd shot attempt, and will undoubtedly try this again tomorrow)... So logically he should be lynched or shot, in just a self preservation manner, no? Not to mention I also believe it beneficial to the town...why me die, when a ?? can die.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Vi »

Amished 279 wrote:Also, I believe Vi said she was playing deliberately scummy this game, how did you happen to get a town read on her?
More like I knew I wasn't being seen as obvTown and wasn't inclined to do much about it. This point is pathetic.
Amished 275 wrote:@Vi (again): How the hell do you get a "transparent" playstyle from d3x? You've said yourself that he's been V/LA; you can't get a read on a player from that.
I did not get a scum read on him based on the posts he made
before
V/LA.
Amished 275 wrote:@Vi: If the third party is an SK (typical 3rd party; and given flavor, not unreasonable), why would they decide to go after scum if the town will be likely to look for them during the day and try to lynch them? If we can out them and kill them, we prevent one anti-town kill per night, extending the game and gives the scum more of a chance to screw up and get them lynched.
But notice that you haven't done anything to KILL this supposed third party role except openly speculate on him. You never voted d3x; you've kept your vote on the two most recently huge wagons. You've never even mentioned killing d3x until
this post
, where you talk about what a huge boon it would be if the SK was killed.

*thinks about your speaking in absolutes and terrible accusations and plays with the gun's trigger a little*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Vi »

Wait, when were we going to be told ConfidAnon was getting replaced?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Amished »

@Vi: If d3x is SK, then he's a threat to the mafia; and if I can lynch a mafia while also adding another suspect (or even not) then there's a chance that d3x hits mafia, mafia goes after the "other" killing role; two anti-town killing roles dead and three mafia dead in a cycle. Obviously a lot of things have to fall in place, but it's not outlandish. Mafia has always been my priority.

Yes, you *weren't* seen as obvtown; yet MMan saw you as obvtown. I'm wondering why and where did he come to that conclusion.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Amished »

@Benmage: *hohum's* post, not MiteyMouse (hiya, great job with the votecounts <3). If you really don't see it; I don't see a reason to not lynch you.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 am

Post by Amished »

Ben, wanna toss up that VP meta case?

Unfortunately, I'm agreeing with Ben's vote; VP's activity this game (content, not necessarily number of posts) is awful (both in content and driving the game forward).

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Vi »

Amished 283 wrote:@Vi: If d3x is SK, then he's a threat to the mafia; and if I can lynch a mafia while also adding another suspect (or even not) then there's a chance that d3x hits mafia, mafia goes after the "other" killing role; two anti-town killing roles dead and three mafia dead in a cycle. Obviously a lot of things have to fall in place, but it's not outlandish. Mafia has always been my priority.
If we were in LyLo then I would see your point. At the beginning of the game, getting rid of a night-kill is a priority (especially since if this game is 8-3-1 that sounds like the setup's fault).
Further, notice what you're doing -
making excuses to avoid lynching someone you're calling out for scum
without providing a suitable alternative that you are as confident in.
Amished 283 wrote:Yes, you *weren't* seen as obvtown; yet
MMan
saw you as obvtown. I'm wondering why and where did he come to that conclusion.
Benmage is a MonkeyMan alt?
Amished 285 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm agreeing with Ben's vote; VP's activity this game (content, not necessarily number of posts) is awful (both in content and driving the game forward).
Take a look at what I said after getting shot ->
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Amished »

I always screw up BM and MM; you know who I mean.

Lately I was testing the waters to see if I could get support for a d3x lynch (isn't he supposed to be around?). Obviously that's not the case so depending on what he said, I'm looking to shoot him. Obviously if it is 8-3-1 (which, unfortunately is how I'd have to balance it if d3x is third party); I'd like to use the SK's kill as a vig kill by outing him as a possibility and a direct threat. In that case, I get two kills for the price of one; while also not using my own kill during the day that looks like the best course of action.

In fact:
Vote: VP Baltar

No, my name is not "Ed."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:54 am

Post by don_johnson »

Amished wrote:I always screw up BM.
*sips beer*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
Amished wrote:I always screw up BM.
*sips beer*
Wait, i'm not MM's alt...did you mean Battle mage? :?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Benmage »

As far as any case on VPB goes, i'll try and reread her today...the meta thing is simply her playstyle not resembling what i'm use to you when shes town.

But will look deeper here.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Amished »

Fine, Bm not BM. You're the only one that could be BM here.

For a matter of reference, Ben, what games are you looking at for both alignments.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Benmage »

Amished wrote:Fine, Bm not BM. You're the only one that could be BM here.

For a matter of reference, Ben, what games are you looking at for both alignments.
I'm not looking at any alternative games. I've played in quite a few with VPB as scum and town, and in some ongoing... So its just my personal experience that this play is reminiscent of her scum and not her town...i dont plan on selling a meta argument the (case) will hopefully show her scumminess in this game alone.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Amished »

Your 205 suggested to me that you were going to expand on your meta of VP.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Benmage Post 257 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
Benmage Post 223 wrote:I told ya its a bad vote already lol, because its based solely on my eperience with VP.
Okay then, how about you elaborate some more then. What is he doing that is so against his meta that you just have to vote him for?
Would love to. Time is of the essence.
Yes it is. So.. You better get cracking then right?

I'm not liking the meta case on VP basically because it is non existent at this point. Post some substance on it soon please. With this in mind Amished vote on him looks pretty bad, there doesn't seem to be a reason behind it.

Don is very probably town at this point but he needs to stop pushing the wine in all of our faces. The choice to shoot was a poor one and it was even worse that he attempted to shoot another player afterwards.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Amished »

You think I voted for him purely (or even mostly) on meta?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Amished wrote:Your 205 suggested to me that you were going to expand on your meta of VP.
There might be somethings i rehash or reference to meta/my experience with VP as I said i'll try...why are you guys getting so hung up on this and expected so much of it... I said it was a bad vote.

You guys are tunneling on a nonissue, it'll come. Rehlax. Trust me i'm one of the more active here, its not like this will be forgotten, just give me a little time.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Amished »

I'm not *pushing*, I'm explaining where I'm coming from. If you just explain your thoughts in your next couple posts instead of being defensive about this, you might be a bit better off.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Benmage »

Amished wrote:I'm not *pushing*, I'm explaining where I'm coming from. If you just explain your thoughts in your next couple posts instead of being defensive about this, you might be a bit better off.
i'm tired..i'll probably just run pbpa to help my memory and see what stems from that.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Amished »

Just point out the highlights that you remember.

Thinking about a new mafia theory sucks :(

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”