Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Scien »

We could really use a hammer here... with 8 mins left.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Wulfy »

unvote; vote RBT

I don't like this vote, but I can't get the fuzzy vote to lead to a wagon with 9 minutes left.

I don't think RBT is scum, but I'll trust everyone else's intuition here. It just seems like a town trying to break the game and having it blown out of proportion by, who I feel, are probably town aligned players. Why? I just don't see scummy snowballing, but it could be.

Top suspects:

Fuzzy and EB. Not sure who I dislike more.
w:l:d
2:3:0
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Wulfy wrote:
unvote; vote RBT

I don't like this vote, but I can't get the fuzzy vote to lead to a wagon with 9 minutes left.

I don't think RBT is scum, but I'll trust everyone else's intuition here. It just seems like a town trying to break the game and having it blown out of proportion by, who I feel, are probably town aligned players. Why? I just don't see scummy snowballing, but it could be.

Top suspects:

Fuzzy and EB. Not sure who I dislike more.
1) if I was ever to do role fishing in a game I would hope like hell people would vote for me. It's scummy plain and simple.
2) if he's town doing this I'm going to smack RBT later if I can find him. :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Haylen »

As total as the temple reduces to total anarchy, you lower your head in shame. Whether innocent or scum, the person you have had a hand in deciding the fate of will be killed. That a life lost because of your actions. You watch him stood before you, in the great hall, his hand tied behind his back with magical bindings. He has no way to escape. The look in his eyes are one of desperation but he stands stock still; head held high. He neither begs or cries. He just stands there silent.

Your leader stands up next to him and says, "Any last words?"

Riceballtail just glares at him and retorts, "Screw you, assh-"

Your leader end his sentence forcibly by slashing him across the face with his dagger.

Blood dropped on the stone floor, as Riceballtail turns his head sharply as though slapped.

The Leader grabbed his hair and tangled it in his hair, sharply pulling it back and snarling in his captures face, "Listen to me, Scum, you and your little friends will never plague our streets again. We will win. Starting with your death."

Riceballtail, in a last ditch attempt at getting his view across, gathers all of the saliva in his mouth and spits it squarely in the Leaders face.

"Death to thy!" The Leader yelled, aiming his staff at Riceballtail, drawing runes in the air with it.

A bright light shone around Riceballtail. He made not a noise, no scream, no whimper as he was burnt alive from the inside.

He collapse onto the floor, eyes blank.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Haylen »

CSL has requested replacement. I'm going to extend the deadline for night for 24 hrs, in order to find a replacement so he or she isn't thrown into the game at a random point. So the new deadline is 9pm on the 21st October.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Haylen »

Xofelf replaces CSL during the night.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Haylen »

Deadline is Sunday the 13th of December, 9pm (british time)

Withe 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Get your asses to it.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Whoa, what's with the lack of flavour?
Who's left alive?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by hewitt »

Okay we've got

Myself
Nikanor
Electric Badger
Xofelf
Canada
farside
Scien
Maemuki
ODDin

I believe that's everybody anyways. Sooo we're stuck in a really crappy position and I'm going to be rereading everything tonight and I'll check back in with my assessment later.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hewitt wrote:we're stuck in a really crappy position
No kidding. 4/9 people remaining here are scum.
Going back to check something.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I can't find it.
I remember someone said they thought Wulfy was scum, and I remember them saying it close to deadline. Who was it?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Am doing a re-read, since my top suspects are gone and apparently were quite off.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Maemuki »

Nik, that might have been me.
Maemuki wrote:Wulfy still bugs me for not wanting to vote for Riceballtail.
And with my suspects dead, I owe this game a reread. Yay.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am

Post by xofelf »

Hey everyone. Reading shall commence in the near future. this weekend was long with no computer access =/
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

ditto the reread comments. I will get to this by tomorrow. Monday's just suck at work.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by ODDin »

Hello there xofelf and welcome to the game! :)

Will reread as well as soon as I get the time.
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Canada »

Will start re-reading tomorrow, will hopefully get time on my five day weekend (which starts tomorrow) to read it. By hopefully I mean I'll make time. In my not so busy schedule.

~Canada
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by hewitt »

Okay so as of right now I'm definitely still retaining all my previous thoughts on Electric Badger from Day 1. Right now he's my #1 scum suspect, I think he played a really manipulative game yesterday and it would not surprise me at all if he was scum.

I found Scien asking for someone to hammer at the end on RBT was incredibly scummy, especially looking in hindsight as he flipped town. I never really understood the wagon on him to begin with I thought it was pretty damn crappy and forced.

I also don't like Maemuki. It's the subtle little way he bounces around and around in his posts and never really comments on anything descriptively enough to be any help.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Scien »

Hewitt wrote:I found Scien asking for someone to hammer at the end on RBT was incredibly scummy, especially looking in hindsight as he flipped town. I never really understood the wagon on him to begin with I thought it was pretty damn crappy and forced.
Ya, horribly scummy to beg for a lynch with only 8 minutes to spare. It would be much more pro-town to just sit back and let a no-lynch happen.

As for a crappy, forced wagon, er ok. Kind of typical for day 1 to follow weak cases, since you typically can't form strong cases yet. She did seem to have something against M/Ms, and she did lead with a suggestion to mass-claim. Not Kosher.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

hewitt wrote:I found Scien asking for someone to hammer at the end on RBT was incredibly scummy, especially looking in hindsight as he flipped town. I never really understood the wagon on him to begin with I thought it was pretty damn crappy and forced.
Did you ever try to stop the crappy and forced wagon? If so, please reference it...if not, please explain why.

Also, please explain why Scien's vote was scummy and yours on Fuzzy wasn't, as both suspects flipped town.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by hewitt »

Scien wrote:Ya, horribly scummy to beg for a lynch with only 8 minutes to spare. It would be much more pro-town to just sit back and let a no-lynch happen.

As for a crappy, forced wagon, er ok. Kind of typical for day 1 to follow weak cases, since you typically can't form strong cases yet. She did seem to have something against M/Ms, and she did lead with a suggestion to mass-claim. Not Kosher.
It's not the fact that it was begging for a no lynch it was the fact that you were begging for a lynch on a crappy ass case. I think it was clear that she did it to start conversation which is a tactic that a lot of players do to start convo.
ElectricBadger wrote:Did you ever try to stop the crappy and forced wagon? If so, please reference it...if not, please explain why.

Also, please explain why Scien's vote was scummy and yours on Fuzzy wasn't, as both suspects flipped town.
Did I not argue for cases on other players? And going back and overdefending my D1 play is a move that can be painted as scummy by other players so don't blame me for not listening to your suggestion thanks. And come on, don't be stupid with that last inquiry.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Scien »

Hewitt wrote:It's not the fact that it was begging for a no lynch it was the fact that you were begging for a lynch on a crappy ass case. I think it was clear that she did it to start conversation which is a tactic that a lot of players do to start convo.
As I said before... the case on her was better than you are pretending. And even if it wasn't, I would have been pushing for a lynch with eight minutes left before deadline. Info is king.

I also don't hold that she was just trying to 'start conversation' with her game entry views. I think she believed them. Her actions in later game supports this. Namely voting for someone that claimed unsolicited.

Here, lets stop this and start something new:

I would beg for her lynch again, even knowing that she was townie. With eight minutes to spare, and with the wagon being an either or at day end, it is important to have a lynch due to the info it brings to town, and I thought her probable scum due to voting patterns and claimed views.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 am

Post by ODDin »

I wish to apologize, I've caught a pretty bad cold yesterday... I'll try to catch up and do all then necessary rereading ASAP.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

hewitt wrote:Did I not argue for cases on other players? And going back and overdefending my D1 play is a move that can be painted as scummy by other players so don't blame me for not listening to your suggestion thanks. And come on, don't be stupid with that last inquiry.
Your main antagonists yesterday were Wulfy, Fuzzy and me. Particularly from my point of view, not a really great track record. You countered some investigations - my comments on the scien/farside debate drew particular notice - but I see no comments about the content of the RBT case being scummy.

So if you're saying the truth and you felt the RBT case wasn't a good one, you allowed a townie to die without trying to step in - which IMO is far worse than lynching a townie based on a decent, if erroneous, case. If you're lying, the attack is pure hypocrisy and equally scummy.

This is also the second time you've mentioned that you don't want to post for fear of being seen as scummy. Ironically, that's exactly what it comes across as.

Vote Hewitt
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

vote: scien

So far he was one not on the lynch for RBT he held back and his comment about RBT seemed to me like he knew RBT was going to flip town.
Talking about this quote here;
Scien wrote:^ I think that this is a stretch. I made the same one.

Between this comment, and the immediate vote for fuzzy on Hewitt's claim, I was under the impression that the 'I want to see masons/monks flip' was a motivation for the vote. However when I questioned about it, RBT immediately said that she never said she wanted to lynch the m/ms. Going back and trying to prove her wrong, I couldn't find her pushing this reason for her vote ever.

It's an assumption, and a decent one, but its not very concrete. You think the assumption is strong enough to lynch RBT over?

Assuming the assumption is correct, why is it more likely that RBT is scum, over just wanting to pursue bad play?

IMO, I think a fuzzy lynch would give us more information over a RBT lynch. I think I am sticking with my vote.
In this post he completely flips is reasoning and points it to what I said
Scien wrote:Welcome in CSL.
Fuzzy wrote:Scien, why am I the best info lynch? I'm not opposed to going down for the team, but it'd be nice to know why.
This is in response to me saying, "IMO, I think a fuzzy lynch would give us more information over a RBT lynch. I think I am sticking with my vote."

First off, I said you would provide more info over a RBT lynch, not that you would provide the most information out of everyone. That's a difference.

This is because you are in an all but confirmed mason/monk group. Haylen just confirmed one part of my view of possible game setup. And that is that there is always going to be one pro-town role in a mason/monk group.

If we lynch you there are two possibilities. A) You are anti-town, your partner is in the clear. B) You are townie, and Hewitt is either or.

Compare that to RBT. A) She is anti-town, and that explains her apparent (although non-concrete) desire to hit m/m groups. B) She is town, and that apparent desire is weird, but gives us no motives.

Actually I think given the above I switch my stance. If RBT is town, I can't see her having that desire. I know she is saying she doesn't, but given what Farside suggested, I think it is probably likely. Plus she would have a good motive to want to blanket lynch a m or m group if she has the opposite anti-town alignment.

Also, the m/m groups should have slightly less chances to be scum due to being invalid for two of the positions, and possibly 3 of the 4 if their partner got one. I know it isn't a blanket card that should save them. But pure statistics should suggest that a given m/m would be less likely scum than any other person.

So I guess I changed my mind. But I still am looking at you. You have been fairly unproductive today (pot calling kettle black I am sure, but my concern stands)
Unvote
Vote RBT
Then pushes the vote. So far I see first trying to avoid what he knows to be a townie lynch to flip flopping to lynch said townie.

Return to “Completed Open Games”