Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote Count, Day 2
hiphop ( 1 ) - Xylthixlm
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - RayFrost
Idiotking ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 7 ) - Infinis - Vi - roflcopter - charter - Zakeri - RedCoyote - sigma
Pads ( 1 ) - SpyreX
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 1 ) - Idiotking
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 2 ) - shotty to the body - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 5 ) - Energetic Penguin - Maemuki - popsofctown - Pads - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 19 )

With 19 alive, 10 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 10am EST

Good lord I didn't realize you were at 7. Yea.
Exactly, and that wagon was formed so quickly and with so many oppurtunistic people it's not even funny.

Zakeri and a bunch of other people (coughrccough) are enjoying the bandwagon party, I guess.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I want to lynch pads just because of how pretentiously he's posting. His verbiage practically oozes slime.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Maemuki, what I want from you right now is a town/scum/neutral list including every other player, and
brief
explanations of why for each player. You don't need to do any extra analysis, just post your current impressions off the top of your head.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

xyl gets one more post to switch his vote to mae before i start giving him a hard time
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

sigma wrote:what happend to the infinis wagon? I'm specifically directing this at charter and rofl.
the imaginality death happened, which led directly to elvis (ding!) and mae (soon to be, ding!)

infinis is still scummy, even moreso given his disappearing act today, but if he wants to help lynch mae i'm not going to complain about it.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Post by charter »

sigma wrote:charter looks like scum. he was a late joiner on both Confid and CSL wagons, and his attacks on crypto look a lot worse after crypto's flip. crypto was attacking imaginality and e_k hard on day 1, so that may explain his death on N1.
How does being on CSL or Confid make me look bad? How do my attacks on crypto look bad when we had a scum flip and there's no obvious two groups, which was the main point I was attacking him about, his rebuttal of 'oh, well there's two scumgroups'. And plus, EK took my attack and just latched on and let me do all the dirty work. I'm obviously biased, but that sure didn't look like a scum tagteaming of crypto to me.

And, we've already been over crypto was clearly not a mafia kill. There are like a dozen other people who are more of a threat to scum than him.

Pads is still babbling on about all the players that aren't being voted or coming under suspicion. Still pretty much dead weight.

After Maemuki's last few posts (and all posts day two in general) she should be lynched sooner, rather than later. Let's go. (this is in addition to her constant defenses of Elvis, probably Elvis's mason buddy)
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Maemuki »

Defending themselves resolutely is. Explain, thoroughly, your thought process in defending e_k. Be exhaustive. Give us plenty of scum and town reads.
Sure. I defended e_k because I thought that the case against her was not very good - oh and gut. Guess my gut sucks. I thought that the e_k case was pretty much "I attacked a town player and that player died and he saw me as scum so I am scum"...and I was mistaken. My biggest mistake was drinking the wine instead of the lemonade.

RC is pretty much scum. Look at his D1 ISO. Yes, I was the most town on his eyes, I was never undecided - but he jumped on the bandwagon. Very quickly. I still want to know why.

Infinis should give thoughts on my bandwagon asap. He wanted a wagon he got one and I suggest that you question him heavily tomorrow. He is ignoring pretty much everything. Including e_k. Actually...you should question him very heavily tommorrow.

RF is being less useful and active than usual. He also ignored e_k a lot - and voted hitogoroshi without having an opinion on e_k. RF, where is your activity now?

Vi...oh Vi. I don't really know, to be honest.

Pads. Pads. Oh Pads. I really need to analyse this one.

pops is following along FoS'ing me. Btw, if you think Vi is scummy why aren't you voting for her?

More when I've seen the players on iso.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:53 am

Post by charter »

sigma wrote:what happend to the infinis wagon? I'm specifically directing this at charter and rofl.
His scumbuddy, Confid, I believe flipped town, killing the case.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:55 am

Post by charter »

Maemuki's list gave five neutral reads and one scum read there.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Maemuki »

charter wrote:Maemuki's list gave five neutral reads and one scum read there.
2 scum reads, 1 neutral-scummy and 3 neutral to be exact.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 am

Post by charter »

charter wrote:
His scumbuddy, Confid, I believe flipped town, killing the case.
So, my memory sucks. Confid died way earlier.

What actually happened to it was crypto overtook infinis in scumminess.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 am

Post by charter »

Maemuki wrote:
charter wrote:Maemuki's list gave five neutral reads and one scum read there.
2 scum reads, 1 neutral-scummy and 3 neutral to be exact.
Not that I have any interest in debating this further, but you gave a scum read on RC and didn't say anything about anyone else.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:xyl gets one more post to switch his vote to mae before i start giving him a hard time
Oh really.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

xyl, how'd you like mae's post 1106?
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:xyl, how'd you like mae's post 1106?
Utterly crappy. I'm holding out hope for a better one. If it doesn't appear soon I'm going to switch my vote.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Maemuki »

charter wrote:Not that I have any interest in debating this further
k

Infinis;
I'll reread tomorrow looking at EP EK
He never said anything about e_k did he? He never said anything about imaginality, come to think of it. But then again, he said almost nothing about the game. Guess he was too busy tunnel-visioning sigma and me and mislynching CSL. Oh and hypocrisy, he promised a reread. Where is that reread? Infinis, explain.

Zakeri;

post some game related content. Now. You had an entire night to reread. Why are you just jumping on bandwagons and not giving other reads? Why are you ignoring the fact that I'm not the only player on this game? I mean - 3 days are enough to at least skim the thread.

Aside from me who do you think is scummy?

I'll return to this tomorrow. Even if I'm lynched.

On non-game related news.

@ 1055,

guilty. I actually did it because I lost a bet, but what can I say, I got used to it. >.<
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:Maemuki, what I want from you right now is a town/scum/neutral list including every other player, and
brief
explanations of why for each player. You don't need to do any extra analysis, just post your current impressions off the top of your head.
^ in case you missed it.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Maemuki »

Xylthixlm wrote:Utterly crappy. I'm holding out hope for a better one. If it doesn't appear soon I'm going to switch my vote.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Seriously. I hate to be defeatist - but this is what you're going to get.

I'm not throwing my hands up - I'm just warning you guys.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'm going to take that as claiming scum.

unvote, vote Maemuki

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

FFFFF

Unvote, Vote Maemuki

Even in your analysis you promised more analysis and now you're throwing in the towel.

Yea.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Maemuki »

L-1, I'm Vanilla.

Whatever. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Vi »

zoraster 1083 wrote:Please note that if you type vote in bold and then bang your head on your keyboard, I'll probably understand you mean to vote for fhqwhgads ;)
Your OCD is weak.

----

@Idiotking: I value lynches on people who are respected players more than I value lynches on people who are "usually lynched". Judging from recent events, "value" should have a 'd' tacked on at the end. As it stands, voting you is a cop out.

----
pops 1084 wrote:Vi seems to say he lynched him even though she had a town read on him, and that he'd do it again. That's not really how you're supposed to feel.
You can stick it to me if you nominate me for the title "Town Scum" :P
That's the entire purpose of pushing policy lynches. They're going to hurt regardless of alignment, and in this case CSL was a twelve-vote distraction. Placing a thirteenth vote to get rid of it didn't help my scumhunting efforts much, but it helped twelve other people out who couldn't
all
have been scum.
(In my pipe dream world, any lategame VIs would be best off following my vote around, which WOULD help later...)

----
sigma 1089 wrote:I want to know why she dropped her case on SpyreX -- vi was going after him hard D1 but that's gone now.
I don't want to comment on it for a while. It's not anything to do with meta or ongoing games though.

----
@@
----

Pads, did you actually say anything in 1092?

----
charter 1105 wrote:And, we've already been over crypto was clearly not a mafia kill.
There are like a dozen other people who are more of a threat to scum than him.
:?
And how would you know?

[/drama]
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

pads should be killed tomorrow. mae should be hammered.
soi soi soi

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am

Post by sigma »

charter wrote:And, we've already been over crypto was clearly not a mafia kill. There are like a dozen other people who are more of a threat to scum than him.
Wrong. Crypto voted both elvis_knits and imaginality D1. Do you think it's a coincidence that he voted both of our known scum (neither known at the time) and is now dead?

---
mae 1106 wrote:I defended e_k because I thought that the case against her was not very good - oh and gut. Guess my gut sucks. I thought that the e_k case was pretty much "I attacked a town player and that player died and he saw me as scum so I am scum"...and I was mistaken. My biggest mistake was drinking the wine instead of the lemonade.
@Mae: This explanation only covers your D2 defenses. Let me take you back to 2 times that you defended e_k out of nowhere.

179: You attack me for a light FoS of e_k.

672: You ask SpyreX for an explanation of why he now wants to lynch e_k.

Why were you defending e_k on D1?

I suspect you're not even going to bother defending this at this point, since you're scum.However, I'll repeat,
if you're town, follow xyl's request and give us your impressions of every single player.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

so's i go to sociology class, and my professor spouts some massively pro-reform stuff about healthcare whilst saying "I don't want to influence your opinion, I want you to see both sides", and then I come back and dang. Maemuki has a lot of votes.

@ maemuki: and I guess I get the last word here: I'm not voting Vi because of her SK like behavior. If she's not bulletproof, like lots of SKs, she's just a vig that's not aligned with the town. She's still scummy, I'm not claiming rolecop here, but it ranks her below someone who's just plain scummy. And her refusal to vote crypto is something i didn't notice and came up and wins her points.

As for upgrading my FoS, I don't even have to fully understand the Maemuki case to do it. Although she had a very strong and bad connection with e_k, i FoSed because I didn't want to vote someone based on interaction alone because it's Wineish. Sometimes scum bus and sometimes they don't. Maybe here it was more cut and dry then i give it credit, but i wanted at least something else.

But I have enough now, without even going back to figure out what people's cases were, because that defeatist crap and poor analysis on the last two pages was bad.
Vote to slam a hammer on the stopwatch: Maemuki

But anyway, i do happen to realize now that much of the case was Maemuki's acute concern for other people's perception of her alignment (similar to her concern about people's perception of e_k's alignment). That's scummy, that's legit. Yeah, I go down in the record books as someone who changed his mind, I though she was scumhunting earlier in this game, but that was a reaaal bad two pages. She goes out in a flame.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”