Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

SpyreX wrote:IFF is if and only if. The kind of causality you are trying to slide across in that statement (which isn't true).
First of all, I'm not stating an if and only if. I'm stating that WarWound mafia implies Iguana mafia. I have said nothing whatsoever about the other way around.

Secondly, I have given arguments why I believe that WW mafia -> Iguana mafia. The remark "that isn't true" without any arguments to back it up is not going to do much to convince me. Especially considering that I've asked for those arguments and explanation at least two times now.

Thirdly, I haven't been trying to slide across anything. I have been very explicit from my first post that I believe that the implication WW mafia -> Iguana mafia exists.

---
SpyreX wrote:And I'll take umbrage FOR DGB for that latter statement - once you see the method to the madness DGB is a pretty damn good player. I've got no issue with zwet's play but apples and oranges.

It wasn't a utility lynch. It was a lynch on a scummy player.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you agree with two of my three objections to Iguana's reasoning for a zwet lynch?

---
yabbaguy wrote:This sounds like Don LaFontaine with a propaganda-esque first sentence. Propaganda's the work of scum because it's the very thing they do, manipulation. Why did you decide to throw that in?
Because I wanted to explain why I didn't vote Iguana even though I have strong suspicions about her.

---
yabbaguy wrote:You also refuse to acknowledge my pro-town explanation without actually contradicting it. He just merely piggybacks on his initial points "But I still believe X,Y,Z." Do you deny that my points are actually equally plausible? I think it's another situation of innocent-until-proven-guilty.
The town can't afford to use an innocent-until-proven-guilty reasoning. We know there are 5 scum around. We have to try to lynch one of them each day, because for us it is the only way to get rid of them.

Whenever scum commits scummy behaviour, they are going to try to come up with a pro-town explanation for doing that. Therefore, giving a pro-town explanation for your behaviour does not remove the fact that your actions could have been taken by a scum motivation.

I agree that your explanation is possible. However, I do not believe them equally plausible. I believe that my explanation of your behaviour is far more likely.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 am

Post by semioldguy »

SerialClergyman replaces WarWound

With the replacement situation almost completely taken care of (for now) I am going to remove the hold on the deadline.

**Deadline for the end of Day Two is on Thursday, December 10 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Iguana »

MichelSableheart wrote:He definately wasn't useless. Even without making much sense players can still be reasonable good scumhunters (see DGB)
What scumhunting did he do persay?
The only reason he was considered scummy is one of his remarks, interpreted incorrectly.
agree to disagree
I'm not entirely sure what you mean with great D1 scum lynch.
A lynch with high chance of it being on scum
How can an utility lynch (according to the wiki the waste of a day) ever be 'excellent'?
Utility lynch - A lynch that provides a decent chance of netting scum, while ridding the town of an anti-town (usually meta based) player. So even if the lynch was on town, its not horribly damaging. Most excellent.
Sheep in wolves clothing
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

First of all, I'm not stating an if and only if. I'm stating that WarWound mafia implies Iguana mafia. I have said nothing whatsoever about the other way around.

Secondly, I have given arguments why I believe that WW mafia -> Iguana mafia. The remark "that isn't true" without any arguments to back it up is not going to do much to convince me. Especially considering that I've asked for those arguments and explanation at least two times now.

Thirdly, I haven't been trying to slide across anything. I have been very explicit from my first post that I believe that the implication WW mafia -> Iguana mafia exists.
Implication isn't causation, which was the other half of the argument that made me die a little inside.

If WarWound is mafia, Iguana is mafia - Sure. This is fairly standard stuff.
Iguana isn't mafia, she is the SK - Ehhhh, for sake of this sure. Its wrong, but sure.
Therefore, WarWound isn't mafia - :headdesk: :headdesk:

That conclusion is the interesting little tidbit there that's being slid by.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you agree with two of my three objections to Iguana's reasoning for a zwet lynch?
No. No no no.
Iguana wrote: @MS - If I had the option to go back to D1, I would lynch zwet again. He was anti-town, he was useless,
he was scummy, he was a great D1 scum lynch,
and excellent utility lynch.
Its not a balance of equal attributes. The bolded is the key points and, of course, drastically alters the weight of the others. Lets reword without hindsight:

Zwet is scummy, and thus a great d1 scum lynch. Further (if we are wrong), he is anti-town and useless and thus an excellent utility lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Kreriov »

Well, just finished Day 1 reading. Frankly, I do not know what to make of it. I have never played anything but mini's. I feel like there is just so much of which to keep track. There are so many people and so much going on that you can't even pick out one or two lurkers, there are 4 or 5 it seems. I guess the biggest thing I got out of D1 is zwet was an easy lynch for scum.

I will be slogging on. For now, I will respect a dead man's accusation and
Vote: WarWound

I do have a reason for this but please let me finish my read before really getting into a discussion.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Kreriov »

Oops, I just saw the replacement, so I guess it should be
Unvote: WarWound

Vote: SerialClergyman
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

yabbaguy wrote:
Vote: StrangerCoug
for not making any attempt to look up the answer himself.

Unvote
It's a good thing you unvoted me in the exact same post, because you're accusing me of irrelevant laziness in this post.

Right now SpyreX appears to be winning against MichelSableheart. The latter has said that if WarWound can only be scum if Iguana is his partner. That is an absolute. Now MS is saying that if WarWound is scum, Iguana
COULD
be his partner, allowing for doubt. That's two different stories, Michel, mon beau.

Unvote: SerialClergy
Vote: MichelSableheart
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:42 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hi everyone!

A lot of people here from Hambargarz game, of which I thought I had erased all memory but the scars that are your names show me I haven't. Almost worth policy lynch Kreirov on the basis of his scum-playing ability alone..

Otherwise, hello to you kids that I've played with and looking forward to playing with everyone else. I'll get my re-read on and then come back and give you my take on the game.
I'm old now.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Coug-781 wrote:It's a good thing you unvoted me in the exact same post, because you're accusing me of irrelevant laziness in this post.
...that's basically how I random vote in the late game. That's your cue to stop taking it seriously.
persay
"Per se," Iguana.

@Michel:
Because I wanted to explain why I didn't vote Iguana even though I have strong suspicions about her.
Not really the question so much as why you decided to sugarcoat that topic sentence. It sounds like unnecessary dramatics, which isn't scumhunting to me.
The town can't afford to use an innocent-until-proven-guilty reasoning.
Ever? I completely disagree with this. Look, people are exposing logical contradictions right now. That's guilty evidence, not a crapshoot.

I still believe you owe an explanation as to why one explanation of my attitude towards zwet is more plausible than the other. I don't think you've explained how I was opportunistic in any way, or making an unexpected reverse shift with my vantage. What in my posts tips you one way or the other? Or is it some track record that exists that you've observed over time?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Ugh, sorry guys. I just wrote the last Mid-Term final today, and I was busy celebrating it. Too drunk now to post anything of value. I'll be back tomorrow with some actual content, after I'll sober up.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: I anticipate a very hectic next couple of days with Thanksgiving business.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Toro »

Does my vote move over?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:48 pm

unvote

forgot about that.
I'm old now.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Strangercough wrote:Right now SpyreX appears to be winning against MichelSableheart. The latter has said that if WarWound can only be scum if Iguana is his partner. That is an absolute. Now MS is saying that if WarWound is scum, Iguana COULD be his partner, allowing for doubt. That's two different stories, Michel, mon beau.
If you are going to accuse me of telling two different stories, please look up your facts first. These quotes are everything I have said on the realtionship between WarWound and Iguana. In NONE of them am I allowing for doubt. Your accusation here is simply incorrect.
MichelSableheart, post #730 wrote:Basically, I only see him (WarWound) as scum if Iguana turns out to be a mafia member with him.
No other option.
MichelSableheart, post #742 wrote:If WarWound is mafia, Iguana is one of his partners.
Again an absolute
MichelSableheart, post #754 wrote:He can only be mafia if Iguana is his partner.
And again an absolute
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:I'm stating that WarWound mafia implies Iguana mafia.
Here, I am using the word implies according to it's meaning in logic (logical implication) (it is a response to SpyreX saying I'm using if and only if). X implies Y means: if X is true, then Y necessarily has to be true as well.
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:Secondly, I have given arguments why I believe that WW mafia -> Iguana mafia.
Again, logical implication.
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:I have been very explicit from my first post that I believe that the implication WW mafia -> Iguana mafia exists.
And again logical implication.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:07 pm

SpyreX wrote:Implication isn't causation, which was the other half of the argument that made me die a little inside.

If WarWound is mafia, Iguana is mafia - Sure. This is fairly standard stuff.
Iguana isn't mafia, she is the SK - Ehhhh, for sake of this sure. Its wrong, but sure.
Therefore, WarWound isn't mafia - :headdesk: :headdesk:

That conclusion is the interesting little tidbit there that's being slid by.
I am following two of my beliefs to their logical conclusion. You can headdesk all you want, but if you assume that the first two are true, the third necessarily has to be true also. If the logical pattern is correct, and the assumptions are correct, the conclusion has to be correct also. Period. No doubt about it.

I can prove this by contradiction. Assume, for a moment, that WarWound is mafia. According to statement one, Iguana has to be mafia as well. But according to statement two, Iguana isn't mafia. Iguana can't be mafia and not mafia at the same time. Therefore, the assumption that WarWound is mafia leads to a contradiction, and can't be true. Which means the inverse has to be true, which means that WarWound is not mafia.

Statement one and two DO cause statement three. It's basic logic.

Or am I still misunderstanding what you are saying?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I expect the American holiday weekend to keep a number of players busy with family, traveling and such.

@Toro
Voters will transfer over to replacements if that is what you are asking.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Still re-reading.
Weep not for those who come before us. For those who come after us.

Weep, instead, for those that miss this time of glory.
Spyrex - are not those who come before and those who come after the same as those who miss this time of glory?

You've just been lojikscrutinized.
I'm old now.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 pm

SpyreX wrote:
No. No no no.
Let's look at our previous posts.
MichelSableheart wrote:
Iguana wrote:
He was anti-town, he was useless, he was scummy, he was a great D1 scum lynch, and excellent utility lynch.

the only one on that list that I definately agree with is that he was antitown.

He definately wasn't useless. Even without making much sense players can still be reasonable good scumhunters (see DGB)

The only reason he was considered scummy is one of his remarks, interpreted incorrectly.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with great D1 scum lynch.

How can an utility lynch (according to the wiki the waste of a day) ever be 'excellent'?
SpyreX wrote:And I'll take umbrage FOR DGB for that latter statement - once you see the method to the madness DGB is a pretty damn good player. I've got no issue with zwet's play but apples and oranges.

It wasn't a utility lynch. It was a lynch on a scummy player.
The two relevant points are these:
discussion tree, modified for easier understanding wrote:
Iguana wrote:Zwet was useless
MichelSableheart wrote:Zwet wasn't useless. Even though he did not make much sense, he may still be a reasonable good scumhunter. Just look at DGB. She doesn't make much sense either, but she is an excellent scumhunter.
First, you agree with my statement that DGB is a good scumhunter. Then, you state that you have no issues with Zwet's play. Finally, you are stating that I shouldn't be comparing DGB to Zwet.

I'm trying to figure out how what you were saying is at all relevant to my argument that Zwet isn't useless, but I don't see the relevance at all. What were you trying to say here? Or were you simply arguing for the sake of arguing?
discussion tree, modified for easier understanding wrote:
Iguana wrote:Zwet was an excellent utility lynch
MichelSableheart wrote:How can an utility lynch ever be excellent?
SpyreX wrote:Zwet wasn't a utility lynch
The statement you were making here seemed in direct contradiction with the statement made by Iguana I was replying to. However, your latest post and her reply have cleared this one, I believe.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Iguana wrote:What scumhunting did he do persay?
Reading him in ISO, I see an attack on WarWound, disagreement with the wagon on pomegranate, and an attack on yabbaguy.
Iguana wrote:agree to disagree
Fine with me.
Iguana wrote:Utility lynch - A lynch that provides a decent chance of netting scum, while ridding the town of an anti-town (usually meta based) player. So even if the lynch was on town, its not horribly damaging. Most excellent.
I agree that his lynch if he was town wasn't horribly damaging. We disagree on how likely it was that he was town, though.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:40 am

yabbaguy wrote:Not really the question so much as why you decided to sugarcoat that topic sentence. It sounds like unnecessary dramatics, which isn't scumhunting to me.
The only sugarcoating I can see there is the fact that I chose to say "someone who, like Iguana..." rather then "yabbaguy, like Iguana..."

I chose to formulate it that way to build a bit of suspence in my post, to make it more interesting. I wanted to draw people's attention to that part of my post, because it was the most important part of it. After all, that paragraph lists my top suspect.

---
yabbaguy wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:The town can't afford to use an innocent-until-proven-guilty reasoning.
Ever? I completely disagree with this. Look, people are exposing logical contradictions right now. That's guilty evidence, not a crapshoot.
I consider this part of your post extremely manipulative.

First of all, people are definately NOT exposing logical contradictions right now. Rather, they are arguing against a perfectly logical argument because it's conclusions aren't intuitive. By stating things this way and demanding a reply, you are making it likely that I will inadvertantly implicitly agree with the case against me.

Secondly, my statement was a direct reply to your remark that I should consider you innocent until guilty because you gave an explanation for your behaviour after I accused you because I considered said behaviour scummy. The question "ever?" takes my statement to also apply when there has been no preceding scummy behaviour at all, which is clearly not the case.

Furthermore, the way you quoted takes the sentence completely out of context. There are two very relevant paragraphs following that post, in which I explain WHY town can't afford to use an innocent until guilty reasoning. (those reasons being 1. proven guilty doesn't happen often, but we have to lynch every day, and 2. an explanation given does not completely take away the scummy explanation that is also possible)

And finally, your last sentence implies that I was claiming that reasoning for someone being guilty doesn't exist. Which is clearly incorrect, considering that I am arguing your guilt on exactly such a reasoning.

---
Explanation why I believe your explanation less plausible following in upcoming post.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:56 am

yabbaguy wrote:I still believe you owe an explanation as to why one explanation of my attitude towards zwet is more plausible than the other. I don't think you've explained how I was opportunistic in any way, or making an unexpected reverse shift with my vantage. What in my posts tips you one way or the other? Or is it some track record that exists that you've observed over time?
I'll go over the relevant posts one at a time. My explanation is based on what I stated in post #730, your explanation is based on your reply in #731.

Please note, though, that part of my suspicion stems from the overall image, namely the feeling that you wanted to see Zwet lynched, even though you stated neutrality.
yabbaguy, post #133 wrote:Anybody have a good way of telling when zwet's play is just anti-town as opposed to scummy? I've never been able to decipher his gameplay after all this time.
My explanation: This post was intended to cause other players to start considering a policy lynch of Zwet.

Your explanation: This post was merely intended to express confusion. There was no intention whatsoever to get Zwet lynched.

Why I consider my explanation more likely: Look at Hyl's response to your post in post #134: "Who cares, the solution to both is a lynch!". 12Keyblade sort of agrees with this in #135. Both possible interpretations of Zwet's behaviour can be considered strong reasons to lynch, and I can't imagine you weren't aware of that when you made the post. If there was no intention whatsoever of getting Zwet lynched, you formulated your post in such a way that a Zwet lynch did become more likely. The direct results of your post contradict your stated intention.
yabbaguy, post #208 wrote:Active lurking, zwet. Come on, you know this.
My explanation: You wanted people to believe that Zwet was active lurking, without explicitly stating so yourself.

Your explanation: The post was intended to get Zwet to stop active lurking and start contributing, there was no intention whatsoever of making others suspicious of Zwet.

Why I consider my explanation more likely: The post contains an accusation, without counterargument. Because of this, anyone reading it will believe you agree with the accusation, and are likely to look back to see whether there is truth in the accusation (there was). However, the post does not contain any explicit indication whatsoever whether you agree with the accusation or not. If it wasn't your intention that players became more suspicious of Zwet, you should have taken action to prevent that from happening.
yabbaguy, post #297 wrote:Toro, zwet, dram, and WW are poor contributors to this game in general out of all the people actively posting. Not a fan of that.
My explanation: You wanted other players to become suspicious of these because of their poor contribution.

Your explanation: "I wanted them to act more pro-town. There was no intention of making anyone suspicious of Zwet."

Why I believe my explanation is more likely: In post #252, Pomegranate stated that she did not like Nikanor, meaning that she was strongly suspicious of him. It is likely that other players will interpret your "not a fan of that" in the same way. And again, other players reading this post are more likely to be suspicious of Zwet. If it wasn't your intention that players became more suspicious of Zwet, you should have taken action to prevent that from happening.

---
Conclusions thus far: The direct result of each of the posts listed thus far is that a Zwet lynch has become more likely. Your defense thus far has been that that wasn't your intention. The posts don't contain any indication about your intentions though. I think that it is far more likely that you intended your posts to have the effect they actually had.

---
yabbaguy, post #336 wrote:Secondly, the word scummy was neither said nor implied in the post in question. I'm in another game (ongoing at present) where we've had two lynches take place on apparent VIs, and I'm certain they were scum-driven. That's why I immediately got wary of you, who's been around longer than zwet, accused him over something that's just in his meta.

If he's scum, I'm waiting for a real tell.
My explanation: The last sentence was intended to have a reason for joining the bandwagon of Zwet later, provided he did something that was (mildly) scummy.

Your explanation: "I was considering Zwet innocent until proven guilty".

Why I believe my explanation more likely: If you indeed felt neutral toward Zwet at this point in time, the first paragraph alone had made that reasonably clear. There seems to be no added value to the last sentence, except to keep the possibility of voting Zwet later explicitly open. That makes me belief you were considering voting Zwet already, rather then your stated opinion (being neutral to him).
yabbaguy, post #454 wrote:@Honcho-438: Defending zwet is not a priority for me at all. The important thing is that one recognizes that he could be scummy (not at present), and you have to be aware of the reasoning that someone uses to hop on a wagon. As I recall, one of your BIG reasons was that zwet was active lurking. The two are synonymous if you know anything.

How much experience do you have with zwet?
My explanation: You wanted to join the bandwagon, provided good reasoning was available.

Your explanation: "I was considering Zwet innocent until proven guilty".

Why I consider my explanation more likely: The emphasis in this post is on how this is not a good reason to vote Zwet. Which carries the strong implication that there are other reasons to vote Zwet that are good. Like before, this gives me the impression that you are biased against Zwet. If a reason arises to vote Zwet, you are far more likely to use it then if the same reason arises against someone else. Which is in contradiction with your stated neutrality at this point in time.

---
Conclusions thus far: The last two quoted posts make me belief that you were likely to vote Zwet when a reason arises. That would make your explicit stance on him (no opinion whatsoever) incorrect.

---
yabbaguy, post #530 wrote:@Iguana: I've seen *nothing* that says scummy from zwet, and I must've missed your cases that indicate otherwise. SpyreX, same to you. You've basically highlighted the active lurking, which is consistent with his play.
and
yabbaguy, post #536 wrote:I really, really don't see the contradiction between the two posts. Are we finding information lynches scummy? Help me out here.
My explanation: you were trying to find out if a good reason to vote Zwet was available yet.

Your explanation: You were trying to find out why Iguana and SpyreX were voting Zwet.

Why I consider my explanation more likely: After post #536, SpyreX explains to you what the case is exactly. If you did truly intend to find out if you could get behind their reasons, I would have expected you to respond to said explanation. Either you would have brought up arguments against the reasoning ("in the second quote, zwet states that he accepts the explanation FF gives for her vote, not that he agrees with it and wants Pomegranate lynched") or you would have agreed with it ("interesting explanation. Unless Zwet gives a very good defense for his behaviour, I'll vote him"). However, you completely ignored it. Which makes me believe you weren't interested in actually finding out the reason, but merely wanted to act as if you were.
yabbaguy, post #571 wrote:Lack of defense is scummy.

Unvote, Vote: zwetschenwasser

I'm completely satisfied now.
My explanation: You had found your excuse to vote.

Your explanation: I was now actually suspicious of Zwet, so I voted.

Why I consider my explanation more likely: Several times throughout the thread, you have stated that Zwet was equivalent to active lurker. Did you truly believe that such a player would come up with an extensive explanation if you asked him? If you actually considered Zwet's active lurking a null tell, the lack of explanation would be a null tell as well.

---
yabbaguy, post #676 wrote:This game is out of control right now in terms of player inactivity. This isn't even fair to
town
anymore.
My explanation: scum slipup

Your explanation: I said that because I felt, as town, that this game was way too unfair for *us*, and that I'd rather not complete the game under these horrifically difficult pretenses.

Why I consider my explanation more likely: The quote has no indication whatsoever that you are part of the town. Nor does it have any indication whatsoever that you are at a disadvantage because of the inactivity. If you were actually part of the town, I would have expected that you actually complained how difficult scumhunting was for YOU. Instead, your post has the strong implication of "this game is much too easy, only mafia are seriously active. I don't want to win this way."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MichelSableheart wrote:
Strangercough wrote:Right now SpyreX appears to be winning against MichelSableheart. The latter has said that if WarWound can only be scum if Iguana is his partner. That is an absolute. Now MS is saying that if WarWound is scum, Iguana COULD be his partner, allowing for doubt. That's two different stories, Michel, mon beau.
If you are going to accuse me of telling two different stories, please look up your facts first. These quotes are everything I have said on the realtionship between WarWound and Iguana. In NONE of them am I allowing for doubt. Your accusation here is simply incorrect.
One, look at my avatar. For each time you spell my name with an H, I get to spell yours with another A, Michael.
MichelSableheart, post #730 wrote:Basically, I only see him (WarWound) as scum if Iguana turns out to be a mafia member with him.
No other option.
MichelSableheart, post #742 wrote:If WarWound is mafia, Iguana is one of his partners.
Again an absolute
MichelSableheart, post #754 wrote:He can only be mafia if Iguana is his partner.
And again an absolute
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:I'm stating that WarWound mafia implies Iguana mafia.
Here, I am using the word implies according to it's meaning in logic (logical implication) (it is a response to SpyreX saying I'm using if and only if). X implies Y means: if X is true, then Y necessarily has to be true as well.
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:Secondly, I have given arguments why I believe that WW mafia -> Iguana mafia.
Again, logical implication.
MichelSableheart, post #775 wrote:I have been very explicit from my first post that I believe that the implication WW mafia -> Iguana mafia exists.
And again logical implication.[/quote]
Well.
Unvote: MichelSableheart
then.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Stick another beginning quote tag in front of MichelSableheart's second quote.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:06 am

StrangerCoug wrote:One, look at my avatar. For each time you spell my name with an H, I get to spell yours with another A, Michael.
Understood, and apologies.

---
To expand on post #789:

SpyreX, it may be a good idea to look into Modus Tollens.

Or for a more fromal source:
Huth and Ryan, Logic in Computer Science, second edition, page 10.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Nikanor »

yabba wrote: @Nikanor: I think it's actually a great scum tactic to go after someone who's coming under fire and try to work up a wagon on them. Why do you think it's extremely implausible?
yabba, that's not what I'm saying at all. My main argument is that the 'attempted set-up' would be much more obvious than it was if it were in fact perpetrated by scum.

@Michel: I believe you're using faulty assumptions in your logic. Why is WarWound mafia if and only if Iguana is mafia? I don't see why a WarWound mafia, Iguana town scenario is being excluded in your logic.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!

Return to “Completed Open Games”