Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

ConfidAnon wrote: 367 is good because of the part under the last quote. THe points about you wanting VP lynched even if she's town ("I dont care if you act scummy as town, all the more reason to lynch you."), and you tunneling on VP for coasting when there's at least one other coaster out there.
I dont get this..unless you are referring to my desire to lynch her scummy behavior..if she flips town than it is what it is...but i cant excuse her scummy behavior, and let her slide bye.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Everyone..am I getting frustrated over nothing?? I mean is Con as bad a player as i interpret him or am I being bias....

I mean 381 alone is a dumb question which i answered which i re-answer through my own iso on statements i've already said.

His last post is just as bad.

Maybe i'm being too critical......but i reheallly dont think so.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

Benmage: Nobody likes ZazieR's posting style except maybe Zazie.
ConfidAnon 395 wrote:Any particular reason for changing back and forth between these two?
It would be more accurate to say that I keep changing back to Ectomancer due to him providing new and increasingly more awesome reasons to be lynched while providing essentially no redeeming value.

If you believe this assessment is in error, please say so. Otherwise, join the wagon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:59 am

Post by Vi »

Hypocrisy goes here.
Benmage 398 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
benmage, 382 wrote:Clearly you didnt understand post 360, nor bother to read 370...But hell i'll indulge you...What about 367 stuck out as particularly good, suddenly so convincing you want to vote me?
Yea, I've read the thread. 360 doesn't do anything for me. Coasting is just as much a scumtell as it is a lazy towntell. *waits for ben to bring up meta* And meta on it's own isn't a case.
I brought up meta...you playing this game?
If you're talking about your case on VP Baltar - and if you're not, oh well - then you absolutely
did
bring up meta.

With that said, meta itself
can
make up a case.
In addition, while "lazy Townies" coast, they're also the ones that hurt less if mislynched.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:20 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Benmage, 397 wrote:which points on don?
1. Jumpy. 2. OMGUS

Not that strong of a case, but for the early game when it cropped up, it was good.
Benmage, 398 wrote:I brought up meta...you playing this game?
Nope, not at all. I'm just here, responding to your posts, but I have no interest at all in playing this game.
Benmage, 399 wrote:Nope. I dont make declarative statements without reading the thread. If anything i keep saying how i need to reread the thread, or certain issues.

Conculsion: ur bad.
That wasn't meant to call you scummy . . . just something I found humorous.
Benmage, 400 wrote:I dont get this..unless you are referring to my desire to lynch her scummy behavior..if she flips town than it is what it is...but i cant excuse her scummy behavior, and let her slide bye.
If you don't get it, then you obviously haven't read the thread. You said, and I quote, "I dont care if you act scummy as town, all the more reason to lynch you." Justification of a townie lynch is scummy. VP's other points at the bottom of 367 are valid as well.
Benmage, 401 wrote:@Everyone..am I getting frustrated over nothing?? I mean is Con as bad a player as i interpret him or am I being bias....

I mean 381 alone is a dumb question which i answered which i re-answer through my own iso on statements i've already said.

His last post is just as bad.

Maybe i'm being too critical......but i reheallly dont think so.
Is this supposed to get me to shut up?

Maybe I am as bad of a player as you interpret, but I'm not going to stop trying.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Amished Post 374 wrote:The correlations between d3x and Zone are pretty darn high for tone of posting; so it's not wild, nor baseless, nor anything else you really want to say. I call them like I see em; I didn't feel the need to withhold my suspicions about a player if later in the game something points to me being right.
Could I have a link to this game, I would like to compare myself.
Amished Post 374 wrote:@Sotty: I don't expect him to lead the game to victory stomping on scum's heads just cause he can. I expect him to scumhunt (which isn't unreasonable) and I'll show how he's failed to meet that criterion. My question to you about why I'm voting for VP was to see what you thought it was. Here's a hint:
Amished in 285 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm agreeing with Ben's vote; VP's activity this game (content, not necessarily number of posts) is awful (both in content and driving the game forward).
I specifically mention his content twice; and the lack of driving the game forward does not equate to OMG FIND SCUM NAO OR I SHOOT U!. Lack of driving the game forward is asking questions, trying to find out alignments, actually doing stuff when he's around.
So I was right in my assessment of your VP vote is what you are saying? You are voting VP because he isn't pushing the game forward AKA scum hunting despite being on V/LA, you also seemed to suggest meta was part of your reasoning. Yup, I still think your vote is terrible.

I am against this game going nightless but will bow to the majority if that's how they want to roll. I might be convinced if we shoot someone and they flip scum. Then we could have some good links and such. Otherwise, I am not so keen.

As for a lynch preference I currently run Amished, ecto, nacho/porkchop. Amished reasons should be clear, ecto doesn't seem to be willing to do anything over these last few pages. Nacho and porkchop are both lurking. Nacho has become very reactionary and will only appear when someone calls him out. He needs to be more proactive. Porkchop could be lurker scum or town at this point, I really don't know. I see a lot of pwnz talk and I guess I could throw him in with Porkchop, but I really liked his post 375. So yeah, he gets a reprieve of sorts.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Amished »

@Ben: I think you're getting worked up over not much; CA is somewhat spurring you on for an emotional reaction (from my POV). While useful in theory; I believe your reactions have been town ("Am I talking to a brick wall?" tone); and this should stop between two people I believe to be town right now.

@Sotty: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12011 I would caution against actually reading the thread unless you want to beat your brains out; VP can attest to that as well. If you want to; single out ZONEACE (SK) and EMPTyger (Psychiatrist). In post game notes; EMP states that he though ZA was SK after D1; it was just a small secondguessing that made EMP not pick Zone.

Also, no, you still are trying to twist my vote around to your own reasons. I don't care the number of his posts (quality over quantity; though if both, double great) which render his V/LA null (which it rightfully is). When he was here; he was not scumhunting (or townhunting, or really doing anything that would help him as town); while still voting for what happened to be large/growing wagons (which are two very different things).

I'm for trying to go nightless; but I will be V/LA (out of the country, so no access at all most likely) from the 30th til the 8th of December.

I should just shoot VP to prove myself right.

Luckily, we have another candidate; and I don't disagree with anything that Vi has said against Ecto.

Unvote
Vote: Ectomancer

I do not want to let my VP point go; but as there's not much support for it; I need to actually help move the game forward by getting some votes put together.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:59 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Official Vote Count!

*Ectomancer 3 (pwnz, don_johnson, Amished)
Benmage 2 ( VP Baltar, Nachomamma8)
Amished 2 (Sotty, Vi)
VP Baltar 1 (Benmage)
don_johnson 1 (ConfidAnon)
Nachomamma8 1 (d3x)
pwnz 1 (Ectomancer)

Not voting:
PorkchopExpress

The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Still very much V/LA and don't have much time, but
Vi wrote:With that said, meta itself can make up a case.
In addition, while "lazy Townies" coast, they're also the ones that hurt less if mislynched.
All I am really asking for is for people to at least give me a chance to come back from V/LA and get fully caught up. I think it is completely ridiculous that people are even considering killing someone on V/LA for not contributing enough. Additionally, the game started a whole 5 days before I had to start traveling....I mean, give me a break. I don't see how anyone could not see this line of thought as being scum driven.

As far as the nightless goes, I'm against it for now. I would rather lynch now on day 1 and see what happens over night. I realize it could be bad for us, but I'd rather roll the dice early in the game than later so we can size up what we're dealing with.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Benmage »

Vi wrote:Benmage: Nobody likes ZazieR's posting style except maybe Zazie.
haha noted. maybe i'll give zwet style a shot.

I don’t get the point of post 403.
ConfidAnon wrote:
Benmage, 397 wrote:which points on don?
1. Jumpy. 2. OMGUS

Not that strong of a case, but for the early game when it cropped up, it was good.
How does this relate to what Amish said?

I don’t understand post 399 to be honest (its my own post)….those uhh 4amish posts last night may or may not have been done under the influence.
ConfidAnon wrote: Is this supposed to get me to shut up?

Maybe I am as bad of a player as you interpret, but I'm not going to stop trying.
Again, trying to remember my reasoning in that post....I'm sorry. Keep trucking/doin you.

Amished wrote:@Ben: I think you're getting worked up over not much; CA is somewhat spurring you on for an emotional reaction (from my POV). While useful in theory; I believe your reactions have been town ("Am I talking to a brick wall?" tone); and this should stop between two people I believe to be town right now.
I think hes town too...maybe thats whats frustrating me. Dont know :?
VP Baltar wrote: As far as the nightless goes, I'm against it for now. I would rather lynch now on day 1 and see what happens over night. I realize it could be bad for us, but I'd rather roll the dice early in the game than later so we can size up what we're dealing with.
Thats true...i think i hinted at this earlier o.O? I was for this…but now I don’t know. I guess I am for it… lotta wifom. If I were scum I’d obviously kill Con. But maybe they’re worried of night protection…JK would fit this flavor well…
Amished wrote: I should just shoot VP to prove myself right.
It's so tempting, this is a fun setup.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:Still very much V/LA and don't have much time, but
Vi wrote:With that said, meta itself can make up a case.
All I am really asking for is for people to at least give me a chance to come back from V/LA and get fully caught up. I think it is completely ridiculous that people are even considering killing someone on V/LA for not contributing enough.
Noones talking about the V/LA period....talking about what occurred before you went V/LA.

Noones gonna rush kill you here. I think there's enough of us decent players to not do this regardless of alignment. You'll have time to catchup and whatnot...i think only I and amished are pushing your lynch. Vi might be for it...but that sure aint 7 players...and i'm not gonna start campaigning it hard while your away....soooooo.....lets all enjoy turkey weekend :wink:
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Amished wrote:Luckily, we have another candidate; and I don't disagree with anything that Vi has said against Ecto.

Unvote
Vote: Ectomancer
That's because he hasn't said anything against me. I guess you could count his 3rd party issue, except that I already pointed out where he completely stretched the truth of the matter, if not being a straight out liar. Here's the breakdown of exactly how close Vi came to a bald faced lie.

Ectomancer wrote:
Vi wrote:Ectomancer: Everyone has a gun. I think that has been made rather apparent by now.
Apparent by now being the operable phrase. Prior to don shooting you, it was apparent only that I had one.
Vi wrote:Even so, are you claiming game-related knowledge about "another faction"? The idea is that we kill all nonTown. This is standard in every Mafia game.
I'm claiming game-related speculation on other factions in the game based upon flavor and the fact that I had a gun, but not other information in my PM normally related to having a gun. There was quite a number of other speculations that went through my head, including that everyone might have a gun. but let's address a pertinent issue here.
You sir, are stretching a few truths in this matter, whatever your alignment. Firstly, there has been no "snowballing" accusations against d3x in his absence. What there has been is a discussion over what we should do even if Amished's speculations were correct. Secondly, there has been a discussion over what the source of Amished's speculations were. Neither of these added to the accusations, and in the case of the former, actually was a statement on my part that it wasn't something to pursue today anyhow. In the case of the latter, it was a probing into
Amished's
motivations, and not d3x, so once again you are completely wrong in your stated interpretation of the recent posts creating a "snowball" of accusation against d3x
Vi wrote: Last, Amished's speculation is based on things that d3x hasn't had a chance to respond to for ~7 pages, and the accusations have only snowballed over time. (Which reminds me, his V/LA should be up today.) Even if the third party has "inside information", that player has no ulterior motive in revealing it when we're supposed to kill him anyway. Scum is scum.
Once again, wrong as I have just illustrated. There has been no snowball of accusations. 2nd, if you have absolute information that a player is 3rd party,
maybe
we could have a nice long argument over whether you lynch them on day 1. I say no. But in this case, where Amished is just speculating? Definitely hell no. But in the meantime, you figure out just where Amished got the idea of a 3rd party. Because he's scum and knows the numbers? Or he has a gun too and thought to look out for one? Prior to Don shooting, I didnt have that answer. I don't really now, though I suspect you are right and everyone does have one.

BTW unlike Don's assessment, you always look like scum who might be town to me, not the other way around.
Now, get to explaining all of these "anythings" that you so strongly don't disagree with that you can't even list them.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Oh yes Amished, nice delayed OMGUS for my probing of your motivations. Are you sure you waited long enough to not look bad for it?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Bah, I (and we) need the answer to this for a couple reasons anyhow.

shoot Vi

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ben wrote:Thats true...i think i hinted at this earlier o.O? I was for this…but now I don’t know. I guess I am for it… lotta wifom. If I were scum I’d obviously kill Con. But maybe they’re worried of night protection…JK would fit this flavor well…
Yeah, I mean, I have to assume town has some kind of powerroles out there and I'd like to let them work their magic for at least one night before we decide to go nightless. Might work in our favor.
ben wrote:Noones talking about the V/LA period....talking about what occurred before you went V/LA.
Which, like I said, was five days including at least a day of RVS. It's a touch silly, but that's your opinion I guess.
ben wrote:and i'm not gonna start campaigning it hard while your away....soooooo.....lets all enjoy turkey weekend
<3 stays of execution

Unvote, Vote: Ectomancer

The bell tolls for thee, scumbag.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Umm yeah. VP calling me scumbag. I think we'll wait for the results k thx.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Amished »

@Ecto: Regardless of his alignment; he could be bussing you just as easily. Nice try.

Also, have I ever hinted that I didn't like your questioning my motives for 3rd party? Shit no. Also, it was a valiant effort to try to say that Vi doesn't have a case on you; but I'd suggest that you read all of her posts. Why did you shoot her again? For information? OKAY SCUM.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Amished »

@Mod: I will be going on Vacation between the 30th of November and the 8th of December. If that's too long of a break, I understand being replaced and I'm sorry for the hassle that it puts you through. Obviously I'd like to stay in the game with these people :)

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Amished wrote:@Ecto: Regardless of his alignment; he could be bussing you just as easily. Nice try.
Yes, Don's attempt at bussing failed so I had to try again...
Amished wrote: Also, have I ever hinted that I didn't like your questioning my motives for 3rd party? Shit no.
Too bad. This is in fact the crux of the reason for your vote. OMGUS.
Amished wrote:Also, it was a valiant effort to try to say that Vi doesn't have a case on you; but I'd suggest that you read all of her posts.
He didn't. He made a characterization that was fictional, and he tried to make me play the game the way he wants. Neither are cases. That leaves you to explain just what it is that you agreed with. No jumping on wagons with a "what Vi said", you can stick your own neck out anytime now.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Amished »

Oh, you mean how you've basically taken a stance on nothing, and clearly don't take votes on you seriously?
Vi wrote: Pay no attention to the Ectomancer trying to distract the Town from playing Mafia from the very beginning.
In the post before where she first votes you.
Vi wrote:Ectomancer - There's trying to end the RVS, and then there's completely sidetracking the discussion.
In the next one (which both says that you're not adding to the discussion; and actively distracting the town. Both of which I do agree with.
Vi wrote:Less agreeing with what other people have been saying, more taking stances.
How about this line when Vi voted for you again? Not a point against you?
Vi wrote:...Ectomancer has done even less for scumhunting, please do me a flavor and kill Ectomancer.
Not an accusation towards you either, eh?

The majority of your content is you defending yourself when you've barely come under any pressure. Other than you taking a stance against NM8 (probably the town Pinata early on); your 19 where you have to directly respond to Vi asking you about another player (with 20 taking away the backing to it immediately) and questioning me; I'm failing to see what you've done for the game.

If your accusation that OMGUS is the crux of my argument; I might've actually attacked all of Vi, Sotty, CA, d3x and you (from memory) *for that reason*. Instead; I've not confronted any of those five people about questioning me about my 3rd party accusations; as it's legitimate to question something that you might not see or understand. Seriously, show me where I attacked you, or anybody for that matter, *for questioning my "I see d3x as third party"* position.

Also, I'm not sticking *my* neck out? Really? Really really? Cause me being the first to vote for CA; 2nd to vote for VP; the only one to really attack Vi at length; and me saying that I suspect somebody being 3rd party is me hiding in my shell not sticking my neck out. Do you even have a point anymore?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm baffled by this move by ecto. Will read him tomorrow(which is today...damn insomnia!)

Amish you gonna be Away or limited access like VPB is technically....
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Amished wrote:Oh, you mean how you've basically taken a stance on nothing, and clearly don't take votes on you seriously?
Vi wrote: Pay no attention to the Ectomancer trying to distract the Town from playing Mafia from the very beginning.
In the post before where she first votes you.
Vi wrote:Ectomancer - There's trying to end the RVS, and then there's completely sidetracking the discussion.
In the next one (which both says that you're not adding to the discussion; and actively distracting the town. Both of which I do agree with.
Vi wrote:Less agreeing with what other people have been saying, more taking stances.
How about this line when Vi voted for you again? Not a point against you?
Vi wrote:...Ectomancer has done even less for scumhunting, please do me a flavor and kill Ectomancer.
Not an accusation towards you either, eh?
Nope. No case. Vi doesn't like the way I play mafia, period. He can take that up in MD, not in game. I'm not going to argue "optimum" methods of playing. You see what isn't there? Specifics. No case, so what are you agreeing with? Why don't
you
actually make a case there scumbag?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

By the way, that has little to do with why I shot Vi, just in case you want to strawman that action later with that reply. Savvy?

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Amished »

lol ok. I'm flat out accusing you of active lurking because you're not actually contributing to the game. Your shot wasted a heal of a power role. If you actually want her dead, make a fucking case. DJ at least explained why he shot Vi.

On that note, why did you shoot Vi?

@Benmage: I'm gonna be in another country; so very away.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Amished Post 406 wrote:@Sotty: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12011 I would caution against actually reading the thread unless you want to beat your brains out; VP can attest to that as well. If you want to; single out ZONEACE (SK) and EMPTyger (Psychiatrist). In post game notes; EMP states that he though ZA was SK after D1; it was just a small secondguessing that made EMP not pick Zone.
Thanks. I will look it over at the weekend here and let you know what I think.
Ectomancer Post 413 wrote:Bah, I (and we) need the answer to this for a couple reasons anyhow.

shoot Vi
What answers? What reasons? This is horrible.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”