esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 am

Post by esme »

Sorry for that, maybe one more post will fix it.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by Desperate Heart »

I dislike the idea of Dog being a character, and count two fallen angels (Ligur and Hastur). Some of my ideas about roles can be stretched a bit (Namely by adding dog to them or other supernaturals or mary loquacius to the fa), but I don't
putting them into those groups, and a third alternative
is
just a little elusive and confusing.

But yeah, I do in fact have ideas about who they may be, I just don't like any of them because they require weirdness like Dog being a character or Satan in the same group with God or the Metatron.

Regardless, overly exaggerated it may have been, my remark about being confused as to Darklight, DoomCow, and Locus' roles was a minor point, and singling it while ignoring most of the other stuff seems a bit petty...

Anyway, if you guys think they're the remaining Them (Adam, Wensleydale, Dog), who do you think Mith is? After all, there aren't many characters that might kill with omens of the end of times, and one of the few that could is a member of Them.

One of the remaining supernaturals? Sorta fits, but those roles are presumed scummy.

Adam? Fits nicely, but that doesn't work with the current Them theory.

Agnes? Killing with fish is a bit of a stretch, there, although it's not entirely impossible. Just much less likely than the other two options.

It wouldn't make sense for any of the other remaining roles to kill with tragic and bizarre coincidences.

So, the role possibilities are..

Mith is the Metatron and Darklight (and DoomCow and Locus) is a fallen angel
Mith is the Metatron and Darklight is a member of Them

Mith is a fallen angel and Darklight is a member of Them

Mith is Adam and Darklight is a fallen angel

Mith is Agnes and Darklight is a fallen angel
Mith is Agnes and Darklight is a member of Them

Even with Mith taking the most benign role it's possible for for Darklight to be scum (And testing this by
waiting for someone who is possibly him to kill him
is a bad idea), and they're all innocent in only of the six most likely configurations.

Unless you want to bullheadedly believe Mith is Agnes and and Darklight is a member of Them when a number of equally likely possibilities exist, I would suggest considering this.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by esme »

A fallen angel killing with fish? Adam fits nicely to killing with fish?
My take on this is very different from yours, I'm afraid and after rereading the posts of the trio, I won't go for them anytime soon.
(I'll expand on this if other people want to hear it, but I figure most of you already noticed.)
Genocide Heart wrote: (And testing this by
waiting for someone who is possibly him to kill him
is a bad idea), and they're all innocent in only of the six most likely configurations.

Unless you want to bullheadedly believe Mith is Agnes and and Darklight is a member of Them when a number of equally likely possibilities exist, I would suggest considering this.
Well, bullheadedly it is, then. And I don't consider most of your other suggestions even possibilities, let alone equally likely.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't see why we need to do the scum's dirty work for them, is all. Genocide Heart is currently under the gun and starts pointing fingers at our supposed mason group. With 19 of us alive, we've got plenty of time left to lynch/night-kill them once they become obvious, if they're lying. They took a tremendous gambit to out
all three of them
if they're really scum, GH... I don't see why you're even entertaining the option of mith being a Duke of Hell. Metatron might be possible, except he/it had nothing to do with the falling fish in the book... Agnes is sort of an outside possibility. PeaceBringer's death was unfortunate, but it gave us quite a bit of information.

mith, if this is legal - do you propose to have any mason partners/people who can vouch for you? Maybe that will help clear this up, but I don't want to see you mod-killed for 'claiming'.
Retired as of October 2014.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:16 pm

Post by Desperate Heart »

Adam, being the antichrist, fits nicely with random Omens of The End of Times killing people. As do supernatural beings. A dead prophetess sort of fits such an unpredictable death as well, but not as nicely as supernatural creatures directly involved in the apocalypse the fish are a sign of. I'd consider supernatural creatures at least equally likely in a supernatural death. Adam specifically, with his "whatever I want seems to happen" powers would work best with someone he wants dead being bizarrely killed in a freak fish accident. As such, I consider supernaturals at least as likely as Agnes.

And Mr. Flay, I consider Mith either supernatural (Fallen angels, god, metatron, Adam, Dog) or Agnes, as the fish are a sign of the apocalypse, supernatural and unpredictable in nature, and too weird for anyone else. But if you don't think Mith is supernatural or agnes, who
do
you think he is? Madame Tracy or the Delivery Man? Is there something else that I missed?

Personally, I think he's probably innocent and am suspicious of our supposed mason group. Especially since Adam is such a nice fit and upsets their most obvious innocent roles. And note, also, that I've had such a suspicion before you guys decided not voting for Gaspode was the scummiest thing you could find today, I'm not pointing fingers because I'm under the gun, I'm pointing fingers because I think they're scum.

And I still don't like the "We'll wait for the scum to kill them or for them to not die" idea. Either way, a scum group can milk it for free days, and with two deaths a night plus missed lynches plus your second scum group, you might end up cutting it a bit close. Seems a bit unnecessary, especially when we could even just consider and discuss other possibilities, which we apparently don't like to do?

Instead, we'll lynch me for an act that isn't even that condemning, has been commited by a confirmed innocent, and is quite possibly weaker than cases we could arrive at by spending the day talking instead of bandwagoning.

There's got to be better stuff out there to lynch someone for. I happen to think it's those three. It could be something else, might even be better evidence against me, but jumping on a fairly flimsy bandwagon and then refusing to even consider other options is annoying. Mostly because it's bad specifically for me, but also because it's simply bad play in general. I hope you don't plan on acting similarly while you wait for the scum to sort themselves out...
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:10 am

Post by olio »

Eh, if you read my post I'm not voting you because of your defense of Gaspode - I did it myself too - but because of your defense and non-voting of Aelyn.

Mith, who did you kill last night?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:04 am

Post by mith »

I stand by what I said earlier: my role should be very clear to anyone who has read the book (though it might require some care to catch it).

I didn't kill last night; I almost targetted roland as I mentioned, but I guess it's a good thing I didn't, with Pooky checking him. I'll have to catch up before posting any more.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:45 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I really need to read these books, because I'm totally left out of this role discussion. :?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:48 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Genocide Heart wrote:And Mr. Flay, I consider Mith either supernatural (Fallen angels, god, metatron, Adam, Dog) or Agnes, as the fish are a sign of the apocalypse, supernatural and unpredictable in nature, and too weird for anyone else. But if you don't think Mith is supernatural or agnes, who
do
you think he is?
No, sorry, I'm pretty sure he's either Agnes or Adam; I was considering Adam as 'supernatural' in your context, I just didn't categorize them explicitly in the same way.
Personally, I think he's probably innocent and am suspicious of our supposed mason group. Especially since Adam is such a nice fit and upsets their most obvious innocent roles.
I do as well. It's *really* annoying that they can't even tell us what masonic group they're claiming...is Them really the only one with three people left? I mean, the 'obvious' ones, not the Atlantisians and that sort of random crap...
And I still don't like the "We'll wait for the scum to kill them or for them to not die" idea. Either way, a scum group can milk it for free days, and with two deaths a night plus missed lynches plus your second scum group, you might end up cutting it a bit close. Seems a bit unnecessary, especially when we could even just consider and discuss other possibilities, which we apparently don't like to do?
Honestly, if you turn up town, I'm ready to lynch one of them tomorrow. I'm not especially enthused about the fact that both mith AND the three of them all continue to live, but it's going to be easy-peasy to lynch them once the town decides they are untenable. If mith starts actually killing scum, they might try to off him...unless mith is an SK. Damnit.

This game confuses the *&%^%@#^$ out of me...
Unvote if I was.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by olio »

Mr. Flay, don't you believe the mason claim anymore? What causes your confusion as well as your unvote?

roland, at least you can have objective viewpoint in the matter ;)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:21 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Scanning backward says I was voting for GH; he's got me concerned about this whole which-masons-are-they thing for LC, DC, and DL. If we can't find a reasonable group for all of them to be in *and* account for mith's powers, then someone in that group may be lying. Reading back over the main page now, there's
  • God, the Metatron, Hastur and Ligur left for superbeings (and they wouldn't all be on the same team, I'm sure);
  • War & Famine for the Horsepersons;
  • Agnes, TSNCA Pulsifer, Mme Tracy, Sister Mary Chatterbox, Mr. Young and a Delivery Man alive for the normal humans, no three of which I can see being a mason group;
  • and Adam, Wensleydale, and (possibly) Dog as a three-person mason/mafia.
That's the only reasonable choice for the three-man mason they're claiming, since they said it was "obvious from rereading", thereby leaving out the Americans, Atlantisians, etc. That pushes mith to my second choice of Agnes, which works out okay, if not great... and mith, I don't think you ever answered my question of whether you get to talk with anybody else at night?

::edit while posting::
I just caught something GH said (which could obviously be taken with a grain of salt): If Sister Mary Loquacious is recruitable/a mafia spy with the Hell mafia, then that could make a three-entity group. I still think it's far-fetched that they would out three scum in one day to save one person, but it's possible. Maybe.

I still think GH has a pretty good chance of being another Horseman, but that doesn't mean he's not helping us catch somebody else; there's still 2-3 groups potentially out there that don't have the town's best interest at heart. Yes, we scored a hit on Peachy yesterday, but we learned almost nothing else, it was such an open-and-shut case. I'd almost be inclined to say Scum (non-Horsepersons, anyway) would be *more* likely to vote for Peachy yesterday than town, since they'd know it would benefit their side no matter what she turned out to be. Except Pooky, who is pretty obviously what he says he is, that leaves mith, Fuldu, myself, DarkLight140, Aelyn, Locus Cosecant, Thoth, olio, mneme, PookyTheMagicalBear, rolandofthewhite, and korais666. I'll note that korais66 and rolandofthegrey's votes were both after deadline, and roland had some truly bizarre almost-defending-Peachy moments before he switched his vote from me to her. Those two would be candidates for the 4th Horseman in my book (still working with the thought that GH may be the 3rd). I don't think both of them are Horsepersons, that's too big of a voting block to just sacrifice your partner...maybe. Korais has been fairly quiet, but I've already given my suspicions about roland in post 724. And with the theory that God and the Metatron may be anti-town, we may not be able to count on Pooky to discover them. Except that makes roland not on Peachy's team...aaaaargh. I'm just talking out loud here, people. I've got about 5 people I could reasonably vote for, but SO MANY NOT TALKING is making it very difficult to make progress. korais666 last posted on 6/8, Electra on 4/6, Blackberry not at all...except I'm not even *on* that post 2 list, so I don't know how accurate it is.
mod
, please?? We're dying here...

olio, you said that GH's defense of Aelyn makes him scum, but we've also got a bunch of people thinking he's on Peachy's team. Can't be both, I assume (a 7-man mafia would be too much)... maybe he's just reading as scum to everybody.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:55 am

Post by mith »

Mr. Flay: I'm not sure I can answer that. I'll check with the mods.

I'm still shocked that so many people are missing my role, though.

Vote: korais
. With roland off limits for now (note of course that he could still be Metatron or something along those lines), I'll go back to my original day 1 suspicion. I'm not at all surprised Pooky and myself are still alive; Pooky might have doc protection, and I'm not really a threat; there's still multiple groups, and so they have to worry about taking out each other more than a vig with no info.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:03 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Maybe we should just lynch mith and get this crap over with?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

Genocide Heart (Darklight, Esme, Olio, Roland, Mneme)
1 Doomcow (Genocide heart)
1 Korais (mith)

10 to lynch

Please alert me of errors immediately.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:01 am

Post by olio »

Mr. Flay wrote:olio, you said that GH's defense of Aelyn makes him scum, but we've also got a bunch of people thinking he's on Peachy's team. Can't be both, I assume (a 7-man mafia would be too much)... maybe he's just reading as scum to everybody.
That is true and when I voted, I thought he is in the same group with Aelyn. But now when I read through the day 1, I think my mind was bit clouded with GH's crap and I couldn't see the link between them, even though I was accusing GH for giving Gaspode special treatment.

Mith, can you recap your reasoning behind Korais-vote?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:50 am

Post by mith »

Later. Meds starting to kick in. It was on day one though, just display all of my posts from then.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Post by olio »

I did, but it was bit hard as you didn't have name of the quoted person in your quotes. It seems to boil down to a crap logic behind his vote against you. Feel free to correct once you're sober :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:54 am

Post by mith »

That was mostly it. And admitting it was crap logic but keeping the vote. And the fact that it was a third vote. And hunch.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Coron back in March wrote:No, name of the
mason
as in my one and only partner mason.
Being as Coron turned out to be a Witchfinder, I can assume that we've only got two of the three Witchfinders listed in the cast, so we've located one of the two named cast that aren't in the game (not sure this helps a lot, but every little bit).

If mith is who I currently think he is, then I think I know who Pooky is. But hellfire and damnation, I don't know if I trust mith anymore. Going back over old posts, there's a lot of subtle defense of Gaspode and Peachy by mith on Day One, or at least not finding them suspicious. As far as I can tell, mith hasn't netted us any scum yet, and Pooky got the same bad vibe off of mith that he did off of Peachy. Maybe mith should kill roland tonight, assuming roland isn't another Horseperson...

Right now, I could go for GH, mith, or roland, based on existing theories. I'm not finding korais all that compelling, because it looks like a lurker/vanished player hunt as much as anything else. Hasn't posted since May? I don't know what to do with this game...I'm not even certain we have enough active players to lynch someone at this stage. Looks like some replacements are coming, though.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:01 am

Post by mith »

I am almost certain you are still missing my role, Mr. Flay. I have asked DS whether I can clear a couple things up.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I just finished reading the book,

I think it's quite clear that mith is that Atlantean Ship Guy who could make it rain fish, I forgot the pagenumber/character, but I think it's there, something that Adam made up.

I think we definitely need to replace some of the people who've gone awol(probly from the long long delays we've had)

I hope this game doesn't end up getting cancelled though :cry:
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:46 pm

Post by mith »

Heh... read that bit again, Pooky. Keep in mind the result you got on me.

Still waiting on the mods about the question and whether I can clarify something.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Yea I know, it doesn't fit the result I got you on at all! :(

But I read the book and didn't find any shady character who would kill with a flood of fish.

Well maybe Adam but that'd make no sense with the mason claim so far....
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Post by mith »

Gah. Another thing to ask the mod. :) I'll get this cleared up somehow... it's so obvious to *me*, but it happens to be one of my favorite characters anyway.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:35 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

*laugh* And the "worst" thing is, even if we guess someone's role right, they can't confirm (or, I assume, deny) it in any way!

Madness, I tell you. I know it sets me out, but I really think it best right now to
Vote: rolandofthewhite
. Even with Pooky's result, I feel that he's not been playing well with the town this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”