saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:16 am

Post by saberwolf »

No night huh? Guess I should of read the rules...right now I'm just winging it :P

I suppose I could put more effort into the game then...

Sly: :)
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 am

Post by farside22 »

HOH votes:

Zwet (1) Kmd4390
Sensfan (4) animorpherv, Crazy, grandi, saberwolf
Sironigous (1) Zwet
SlySly (2) PaltryExcuse, Snow_Bunny

Giving hex till tomorrow to post or I will be looking for a replacement.
Last edited by farside22 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am

Post by saberwolf »

I change my mind. I also love competing BWs.

unvote; vote: slysly
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

saberwolf wrote: I rather stick to my pursuit of non meta and have you guys lynch me for my scummy behaviour then to generate meta as HoH and be NKed later. I don't give a shit about you guys, it's only about surviving as long as I can on my own for me. Yeah, it's anti-town, I admit it, but then again, I already said I don't give a shit.

By listing the people I nominated for HoH as the people I would lynch, I have also put you back to null ground, as you now have no information on me whatsoever. Best part is, looking at the pattern, I'm going to be the first lynch no matter who is HoH, and I'll walk away smiling because you so called scumhunters suck ass at it because this always happens when I'm town. I've yet to lose a scum game though...lol.

So yeah, permission to continue, carry on :P
Why do you even play Mafia, then? You don't play to win as a team, you play to survive, and unless you are such role (which is rather odd), you don't play to win. Then, again, why do you even play? To prevent others from winning? Selfish people like you are the ones that destroy the purpose of this game.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:51 am

Post by DisCode »

SF and Sly, can you two state who you would nominate if you had to pick two players for elimination right now with reasons?

KMD, am I correct in thinking that you want to use the HoH position to get more information on Zwet? Because that's what I'm seeing in your reason for supporting Zwet for HoH. But you state that if you would be chosen as HoH, you'd try to nominate scum. So why use the HoH for a different reason than for nominating scum, while stating that that's what you want?

Post 118, also known as the post that shows KMD's thoughts about Paltry. Questions that should be answered/ explanations and/or examples that should be given:
-You state that Paltry started with non-game conversation. Please point these posts out and only those that started after Farside said that the day had started.
-Why is the point of Paltry nominating Sly based upon questions on the negative side? And how come this wasn't pointed out earlier? (This last question goes for most points made)
-Why don't you like his question about Saber's "semi-random" stuff?

-As for his application, it mentioned skill and experience. Point is invalid.

Saber's emotion stuff is noted. I'd also like to point out to him that calling us bad scumhunters, while stating that his behaviour is scummy, is very ironic.
Can we call PokerFace and ask him to policy vidge saber? If we don't, I'm afraid all our food will go to the troll :(

Crazy and animorpherv, do you still support your votes on Sens? And if so, why?

Mod, can you edit Grandi in the votecounts instead of Whoot? Thanks

Vote Paltry
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Right, I want to
nominate: SensFan for HoH
as I think he will do a decent job for at least week one's nominations for eviction.

At the moment I would nominate Saberwolf for eviction because of this:
saberwolf wrote:No night huh? Guess I should of read the rules...right now I'm just winging it :P

I suppose I could put more effort into the game then...
and because the answers he gave to the questions in post 102 were remarkably similar re-wordings of mine and another player.

@PaltryExcuse
The last BB game did not turn out well for town, so adopting the same strategy seems foolhardy.
I agree that the strategy was flawed but think that was because of decisions that players made rather than the mechanic used for nominating evictees and HoH.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:22 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Mr Finch wrote:Right, I want to
nominate: SensFan for HoH
as I think he will do a decent job for at least week one's nominations for eviction.
What in this game gave you this impression?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Mr Finch »

PaltryExcuse wrote:What in this game gave you this impression?
Ya know what? In this game, I really don't know. I might be getting myself confused with the other game.

Have scanned all the previous posts in this game he's only posted one game related (rather than game setup) post in post 79 where he was talking about what he'd do if he were nominated HoH.

I know he's posting elsewhere on the site so has he forgotten the game, or is he lurking scum?

Un-nominate

MOD: I realise that we must vote for eviction or face modkilling, does the same apply for HOH nom?

I will
nominate: Discode
because since joining the game this player has posted the most comprehensive questions and reasoning, trying to keep discussion going and outing the scum. I feel that this is Town behaviour and Discode will do a good job of listening to town when nominating the evictees.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Crazy »

I'll post a little later.
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:06 am

Post by DisCode »

Finch wrote:Discode will do a good job of listening to town when nominating the evictees.
Just to clarify my position if I get to be HoH: If I get chosen, I will keep in mind the wishes from the other players. However, if I disagree with the vision on one player, I might refuse depending on the context.
But I'll keep everyone uptodate with whom I would nominate if deadline would hit that instance each (RL) day, so that it won't be any surprise.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:38 am

Post by saberwolf »

At this point, do we really care who is HoH?

Like seriously, you should all be trying to get on my good side, because we all know no matter who gets HoH, I'll be put up, and lynched, and then I'm in charge of picking the new HoH. At this point I'm gonna try to pick someone who I think is scum, until I see otherwise to not do so.
Show

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

saberwolf wrote:At this point, do we really care who is HoH?

Like seriously, you should all be trying to get on my good side, because we all know no matter who gets HoH, I'll be put up, and lynched, and then I'm in charge of picking the new HoH. At this point I'm gonna try to pick someone who I think is scum, until I see otherwise to not do so.
Are you playing the same game we are?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 am

Post by SlySly »

DisCode wrote: SF and Sly, can you two state who you would nominate if you had to pick two players for elimination right now with reasons?
At this point, if it were only up to what I have gathered so far, I would put up saberwolf and SensFan. saber has repeatedly shown anti-town behavior and, imo, has raised the possibility of being on a scum team with Sens.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:00 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yes I do. I feel he is the best candididate of the two HoH bandwagons.

@saber:

isn't that the point of the game?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 am

Post by DisCode »

PaltryExcuse wrote:

He's trying to play with our emotions. Because we don't want the next HoH to be scum, he's threatening to do so. Oh wait, he's scum. Never mind.

(Though I was just posting my annoyance last time, it did have a bit seriousness in it. No more feeding mister Troll, please)
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 am

Post by saberwolf »

DisCode wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:

He's trying to play with our emotions. Because we don't want the next HoH to be scum, he's threatening to do so. Oh wait, he's scum. Never mind.

(Though I was just posting my annoyance last time, it did have a bit seriousness in it. No more feeding mister Troll, please)
so whatcha gonna do when I flip town?
Show

DisCode
DisCode
Goon
DisCode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:16 am

Post by DisCode »

saberwolf wrote:
DisCode wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:

so whatcha gonna do when I flip town?
If you flip town, I'll think:
'Damn, we were wrong.'
But then I'd remember what you have done to deserve it and I will use
tags to cross out 'damn' in my mind.
After that, I'll continue with my normal activities.

Though I'm interested, why would you try to give scum HoH if you're town?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:19 am

Post by saberwolf »

cause i wanna see a more interesting game, where scum lynch scum. Also. putting scum up as HoH leads to interesting results.
Show

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:25 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

wow. I read that wrong. I thought he said something about giving it to town to get rid of scum.

Way to fail thar, animorph.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sironigous wrote: Blah. TRUE! It's just the outcome that could do not so good stuff. eh...
How's this different from any other game's lynch? Playing conservatively won't get us anywhere.
SlySly wrote: I can appreciate what you are saying here, but there is no lynching in this game. If something you did as HoH is unacceptable, you will have to be put on the block by a later HoH and evicted by everyone else. That creates somewhat of a safety cushion in this game for rogue players, which, imo, makes it easier for scum to go against town wishes as HoH. It is not as simple as, you screwed up and we are going to lynch you for it. If you aren't put on the block for your scummy actions, you won't be lynched for them like in a regular game of mafia.
Meh. Lynching/Evicting... Same thing.

There's no "saftey cushion". Someone will be evicted every day just like someone is lynched every day in any other game. If someone is scummy, they are more likely to be evicted. The only difference is the mechanics. We will still be evicting the same players who we'd normally lynch for the most part.

----------

Paltry,

"friendly conversation" isn't null. It's a distraction from the game and is anti-town at best.

You didn't seem to be "questioning" Saber. More just commenting. You didn't really do much with it.

Yeah, that's the thing. You don't feel ready to call anyone scum, but at the same time you are ready to call Sly town and hand him HOH. Yet you can't even name the two scummiest players in the game in your opinion. I'd be satisfied just to hear one name from you because the only stance you've taken is "SlySly for HOH!".

If Mufasa and Whoot were scum together, I don't think they'd have been replaced in their situation. Nobody even knew about the situation until after the fact, so it wasn't an issue if they were scumbuddies.

--------------

Saber (Post 123), stop being retarded and play.

-------------

DisCode, yes, I want scum gone. But at the same time, I'd like to take a look at our HOH. See who they nominate. Who they connect themselves to or don't. I also think that, if town, Zwet can catch a scum. I'm confident in his ability as far as scumhunting.

It doesn't matter when they were posted. Discussion about the theme generally will drag out, so it's anti-town even if it's during confirmations.

My issue is more the fact that he can be so confident in a player being town, yet is uncomfortable naming even one scum. I didn't point it out earlier because I didn't see it. He asked why he was scummy, so I looked.

The "semi random" thing could have been a lot more than he let it be. He kind of dropped a comment and left it at that instead of actively questioning. It didn't seem to be enough of an issue after he pointed it out.

Why Paltry for HOH?

-------------

So Finch takes a stance, gets called on it, and backs off. Noted.

-------------

Sly, is Sens individually scummy or just connected to Saber? Could the fact that they know each other IRL have anything to do with the connection you are seeing?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Kmd4390 wrote:Paltry,

"friendly conversation" isn't null. It's a distraction from the game and is anti-town at best.
I asked a question before the game kicked off. I've been pretty focused on the game since then. For me, you're reading way too much into it. How often are we playing a Big Brother themed game? Not often. It was harmless and was very minimally distracting, if at all.
Kmd4390 wrote:You didn't seem to be "questioning" Saber. More just commenting. You didn't really do much with it.
If asking a question isn't questioning, I don't really know how else to go about it.
Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah, that's the thing. You don't feel ready to call anyone scum, but at the same time you are ready to call Sly town and hand him HOH. Yet you can't even name the two scummiest players in the game in your opinion. I'd be satisfied just to hear one name from you because the only stance you've taken is "SlySly for HOH!".
The obvious choice at this point is Saber, who even if town has been extremely unhelpful and scummy and is dangerous to keep around. A second choice would probably be Finch, for the fact that he was so quick to move off of his vote for SensFan.
And yes, I do feel that Sly has been actively trying to scumhunt, a good sign of town, and it is my stance at this time. These are if I HAD to make the decision right now.
Kmd4390 wrote: If Mufasa and Whoot were scum together, I don't think they'd have been replaced in their situation. Nobody even knew about the situation until after the fact, so it wasn't an issue if they were scumbuddies.
It's an issue either way. They could easily collude, and we had nothing to go on but their word that they weren't. It wasn't known to the moderators of the site, so they were banned site-wide. Stop trying to second guess the mod's reasons for replacing them based on Slatorade's comment. That is dangerous.
It is not scummy to say it's a nulltell because of the situation they were involved in. I'm trying to say we can really make no firm judgments on the case, and really feel it is null unless further connections can be made. You're jumping to conclusions based on ambiguous evidence.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: Meh. Lynching/Evicting... Same thing.

There's no "saftey cushion". Someone will be evicted every day just like someone is lynched every day in any other game. If someone is scummy, they are more likely to be evicted. The only difference is the mechanics. We will still be evicting the same players who we'd normally lynch for the most part.
No actually it is far different in this game. If we nominate town for first HoH and he puts up two scum, we will evict a scum. If that scum puts scum in as HoH and that HoH puts up 2 town, we will then evict a townie. Then that townie would appoint a new HoH. That HoH would have to be convinced to put the scummy person on the block, only then could we evict that person for their scuminess. That is a lot of things that have to fall into place correctly to make someone pay for scuminess. That is a cushion.

In a regular game, this is not the sequence of events. Someone acts scummy, they just simply get lynched.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:54 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Sly:

There are two mafia groups. It's possible for Scum to put in 1 scum and 1 town, as well as 2 scum or 2 town.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: DisCode, yes, I want scum gone. But at the same time, I'd like to take a look at our HOH. See who they nominate. Who they connect themselves to or don't. I also think that, if town, Zwet can catch a scum. I'm confident in his ability as far as scumhunting.
You seem overly confident in zwet being a town scumhunter. Can you please point out his play from this game that has this confidence of yours built up so high? I can't see any scum hunting that he has done so far nor I have seen anything that leads me to believe his play will change if given the HoH.

-------------------------------------------
animopherv1 wrote: There are two mafia groups. It's possible for Scum to put in 1 scum and 1 town, as well as 2 scum or 2 town.
You are correct. These are possibilities. In your first possibility, it is also possibile for scum to put up 1 scum from opposing group and 1 town and the town to mis-evict the townie. For the scum who put those two on the block, it would be a win either way. With so many possibilities, my point that eviction is far different from a regular lynch in a regular game should be blatantly obvious.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr Finch wrote:
MOD: I realise that we must vote for eviction or face modkilling, does the same apply for HOH nom?
no
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”