Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count, Day 3
hiphop ( 1 ) Xylthixlm
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
charter ( 2 ) roflcopter Shotty to the Body
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 1 ) SpyreX
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 12 ) hiphop charter fhqwhgads hitogoroshi idiotking Infinis Pads popsofctown Zakeri RayFrost RedCoyote Sotty7
Total Votes ( 16 )

With 16 alive, 9 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 4pm EST

SpyreX bad. No vote Pads. Pads town.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

If one can make a compelling argument sure. I'm just not seeing it though.

I've seen a lot of fences and a lot of words but not a lot of content.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:13 am

Post by hiphop »

RedCoyote wrote:
hiphop 1059 wrote:@rc- What is wrong if my case looks like vi's( not saying it is) If I believe you are scum, because of the way you act and some of your actions are scummy, than yes I will put my vote where it belongs. (Still need to post it. I don't think I have room in this post)
It's pure, unadulterated meta. I challenged Vi and got nothing, so I challenge you just the same. It's almost not even worth mentioning your vote, and I don't think I even would have but for the complete opposite direction you're heading. You were building up something tangible against Sotty (who I think is suspiciously playing not up to her capacity), elvis is shot, and then you vote me? I don't understand where you're coming from, frankly.
No, rc it is not just meta. What you did day one is scummy by itself, meta just ups the anty. You don't understand where I am coming from? I think you are scummy, that is where I am coming from.

However, based on rofl's recent post, charter needs to die sooner. So
vote charter

Shotty to the Body wrote:I've just felt like we've seen a lot of vanilla flips...
I am happy, that the town flips are only vanilla, aren't you? Better than a PR.
Shotty to the Body wrote: Also what happened to Pads?
Look at this
Shotty to the Body wrote:In my (admittedly limited) experience the vig is either 1-shot or ad infinitum, never seen a 2-shot or anything like that so I presume we'll have continuing shots.
read this
zoraster wrote: 2. If roles are included in the game they can be: day actions, night actions, or both. They can be permanent powers (i.e. you can use them every night, day, etc.), every other (e.g. you can use it on days 1, 3, 5) or they can be one, two or three shot powers. The powers can either be immediately active or backups (e.g. backup tracker would become active upon the real tracker's death). Backups are not told of their status, and there can be backups without an active counterpart.
Anything I missed?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:56 am

Post by roflcopter »

hito wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but rofl's case on charter kind of seems like a pretty similar argument to the one that was made against Mae.
this is worthless fearmongering.
xyl wrote:Cases based on connections alone make me nervous.
the case against elvis was based on connections. bizzow! bad excuse for ignoring charter. look at his posts in iso yourself.

spyrex keeps going against the grain and its starting to get obnoxious. spy, did you ever vote for elvis yesterday?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

No, I said the vig should shoot elvis. Which they did. Under the guise that it wasn't going to happen then I would have hopped my vote.

Just like how I thought the Mae case was junk until Mae opted to give up.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

hiphop wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
hiphop 1059 wrote:@rc- What is wrong if my case looks like vi's( not saying it is) If I believe you are scum, because of the way you act and some of your actions are scummy, than yes I will put my vote where it belongs. (Still need to post it. I don't think I have room in this post)
It's pure, unadulterated meta. I challenged Vi and got nothing, so I challenge you just the same. It's almost not even worth mentioning your vote, and I don't think I even would have but for the complete opposite direction you're heading. You were building up something tangible against Sotty (who I think is suspiciously playing not up to her capacity), elvis is shot, and then you vote me? I don't understand where you're coming from, frankly.
No, rc it is not just meta. What you did day one is scummy by itself, meta just ups the anty. You don't understand where I am coming from? I think you are scummy, that is where I am coming from.

However, based on rofl's recent post, charter needs to die sooner. So
vote charter

Shotty to the Body wrote:I've just felt like we've seen a lot of vanilla flips...
I am happy, that the town flips are only vanilla, aren't you? Better than a PR.
Shotty to the Body wrote: Also what happened to Pads?
Look at this
Shotty to the Body wrote:In my (admittedly limited) experience the vig is either 1-shot or ad infinitum, never seen a 2-shot or anything like that so I presume we'll have continuing shots.
read this
zoraster wrote: 2. If roles are included in the game they can be: day actions, night actions, or both. They can be permanent powers (i.e. you can use them every night, day, etc.), every other (e.g. you can use it on days 1, 3, 5) or they can be one, two or three shot powers. The powers can either be immediately active or backups (e.g. backup tracker would become active upon the real tracker's death). Backups are not told of their status, and there can be backups without an active counterpart.
Anything I missed?
Well that post was more directed at rofl than you, but oh well guess I missed the part about roles, thank you. I agree that vanilla flips are good, it's almost too good so I wondered if a janitor could clean to vanilla townie. =\
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

roflcopter wrote:
xyl wrote:Cases based on connections alone make me nervous.
the case against elvis was based on connections. bizzow! bad excuse for ignoring charter. look at his posts in iso yourself.
Connections are one of the best indicators I've seen so far for lynching someone. Besides there is more than just connections in the charter case.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

janitors cause no role reveal of NKs, they don't change the role revealed.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

hiphop is easy bandwagoning/bussing scum, imo.

charter is scum.

infinis is scum.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by hiphop »

Right here shotty
zoraster wrote:b. This game does not HAVE to have any other roles other than Townies and Mafia.
Which means we can have lots of vanilla.
zoraster wrote:1. Vanilla, Goon, Backup (Cop, Doc, Jail Keeper, Miller, Tracker, Vigil, Watcher, Roleblocker, Role Cop)
Bomb
, Bulletproof (both as town and scum role), Bus Driver, (Sane) Cop, (Insane) Cop,
Cult
, Doctor, Godfather, Jail Keeper,
Jester
, Lyncher, Mason (both town and scum), Miller, Redirector, Roleblocker, Role Cop (mafia only), Serial Killer, Survivor, Tracker, Traitor, Vigilante, Watcher, at maximum one Unique Undeclared Role. Keep in mind that all of these roles can be slightly altered from what you normally expect (while keeping their essential character).
I had to look up the role of a janitor. Didn't know what it was.

As you can see no janitors possible. You said at the end of day 2 that you wanted to lynch infinis and ray today. Where is ray on your list now?

Ray put your vote on. You can say people are scummy all you want, but don't fence sit.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

not putting a vote != fencesitting.

I was just deciding which of you deserves death the most.

vote: charter
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

RayFrost wrote:not putting a vote != fencesitting.

I was just deciding which of you deserves death the most.

vote: charter
No just deciding which one the town will let you support, without looking too scummy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by RayFrost »

hiphop wrote:No just deciding which one the town will let you support, without looking too scummy.
Sure, sure.

Keep thinking you can paint me as scummy~
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by charter »

roflcopter wrote:note the bolded, imaginality's ultra safe position somewhere in the "lesser degree of suspicion" category. also, pops is town.
This is similar to Pops's BS accusation of sprinkler scumhunting. Just because I was right, but didn't have enough to go on, that makes me scum? Please.
rofl wrote:parrots my point about confid, then makes another vague point and joins the wagon as vote number nine, pushing it one step closer to the mislynch it would have been if not for awesome daykilling
And this isn't scummy.
roflcopter wrote:this post shows how awesome i am at sniffing out the weirdness between scumpartners. since elvis was scum and charter is scum.
Yeah, that doesn't make me look very good, nothing I can do about it though.
rofl wrote:demanding that scum didn't kill crypto seems like a desperate "this is a bogus reason to suspect my scumpartner!" deal, and also probably an admission that scum really didn't and therefore fishing for whoever did kill him
Actually, if you read my posts late day one, you can easily tell this is the opposite of fishing. Read them late day two and I'm sure you can figure it out.

I'm sorry rofl, but you are barking up the wrong tree big time here.

I need to reread, again, because I'm clearly lost.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by hiphop »

RayFrost wrote:Keep thinking you can paint me as scummy~
Don't need to, just look at your post with your scum list.
RayFrost wrote:hiphop is easy bandwagoning/bussing scum, imo.

charter is scum.

infinis is scum.
You agree that all three listed are scum, which means you would be willing to lynch all three. Yet you said you had to decide. What is there to decide on? That is obvious, the one that makes you look better.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

roflcopter wrote:
hito wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but rofl's case on charter kind of seems like a pretty similar argument to the one that was made against Mae.
this is worthless fearmongering.
It's not fear, it's caution. Yes, the case on Elvis was based off of connections, but so was the case on Mae. The fact that we're calling charter as scum with elvis seems a whole lot to me like how we called Mae as scum with elvis. As I said before, correct me if I'm wrong, but as it stands they are looking too close for comfort. I didn't push the ideas from 1047 yesterday when doing so could have saved a townie, so you'll forgive me for being worried I may commit the same mistake of inaction again.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote: Hip hop

His attacks on me were really bad and with me being so wrong about Sigma I am happy to join Xyl for now with my good read. charter is a little bit harder. I didn't like his vote or early attack on Pops (I agree with Rolf that Pops is likely town) but he has been actively trying to hunt scum I think.

If we still have shots with our day vig I think infinis could be a good place to aim.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:the case against elvis was based on connections.
No, MY vote on elvis was based on looking at her in iso and OMG SCUM! I didn't need any connections.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Actually it took me
less than seven minutes
between getting my role PM and posting a "hi" message (no, I didn't look at the thread before that), to getting a read on elvis as scum. Do you seriously think I did a connection analysis in less than seven minutes? No, she was just plain totally obvscum. And now hiphop is just plain totally obvscum. I don't need any fancy analysis, I just need to read his posts.

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by hiphop »

Sotty7 wrote:
Vote: Hip hop

His attacks on me were really bad and with me being so wrong about Sigma I am happy to join Xyl for now with my good read.
I never did get this. Who cares if in your opinion my attacks are bad. Rc agrees with them, so that is basically him saying them. Are you saying that rc's attacks on you were bad also?

Do you even know the case on me? I don't even know the case on me. I believe it was, "I isoed hiphop and his scumminess jumped out." So I ignored it.
Sotty7 wrote: charter is a little bit harder. I didn't like his vote or early attack on Pops but he has been actively trying to hunt scum
I think.
Key words, I think. Not "I know". Charter made, what you believe, one bad attack on pops, I made, what you believe, one bad attack on you. The difference is, I attacked you. In fact your whole case on me is OMGUS.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

OMGUS

NO U

Unvote, Vote: Hiphop
Show

Proud member of BaM
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by roflcopter »

we really need more votes on charter. the people who are subtly defending him by pushing alternate wagons or calling him only sort of scummy but not as scummy as someone else are quickly rising on my radar (looking at you, sotty and xyl)
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:we really need more votes on charter. the people who are subtly defending him by pushing alternate wagons or calling him only sort of scummy but not as scummy as someone else are quickly rising on my radar (looking at you, sotty and xyl)
You don't get to say that unless we lynch hiphop and he turns up town.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by roflcopter »

no but charter is scum
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:no but charter is scum
We lynched Maemuki yesterday, now we're lynching hiphop.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”