Newbie 855 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, so lets get this moving in another direction then.
unvote, vote:Y
for trying to push a lynch exclusively that he has little evidence for and cannot be sure of. All the things you said about me can just as easily be shown for you trying to manipulate the town into thinking that I'm scum.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

foilist13 wrote:All the things you said about me can just as easily be shown for you trying to manipulate the town into thinking that I'm scum.
Can you follow up on this?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Y is presenting a lot of "evidence" which in reality is purely gut feeling and conjecture. He is tunnel visioning, and has made only vague statements about having suspicions of other players. Essentially he is manipulating the town into viewing me as scum, which is precisely what he is accusing me of doing. Ergo my vote on him.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Y »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Then point it out, because I sure didn't see it.
Gladly:
Y, Post 197, wrote:The YC's wagon seems to me like everybody just chose a scape goat. I won't have a problem hammering him if it comes to deadline though.
Y, Post 214, wrote:My vote remains. Will change if necessary for a lynch due to deadline.
CthulhuDreams, Post 216, wrote:FYI: Hohum's rules are lynch whoever has the most votes at deadline. No need to step up for the hammer.
Y, Post 217, wrote:It won't be needed then, I guess...
I hope that clears it.

Also notice:
Y, Post 215, wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:I'm not a power role, so I'm not going to claim.
Essentially evading a vanilla claim. Either PR (And you will be lynched acting like that) or scum. A vanilla isn't really something to hide.
And now to foilist's baseless accusation:
foilist13, Post 245, wrote:
vote:Zhero
foilist13, Post 302, wrote:
unvote, Vote:Alduskkel.
foilist13, Post 348, wrote:
unvote, vote:CthulhuDreams
foilist13 wrote:
unvote, vote:Y
Vote-hopping: Fact.

foilist13, Post 257, wrote:You'll notice that I explicitly excluded myself from my suspect list and said why.
foilist13, Post 325, wrote:@Y - How arrogant of scum would I have to be to narrow the list of possible suspects to three,
myself being one of them
, when I came within an inch of being lynched yesterday?
Lying: Fact.

foilist13, Post 263, wrote:Hmm, I'm starting to rethink my Zhero vote. As I look back he seems less to be lurking than to be inactive. Idk, Alduskkel could be construed as scum, but for the moment I don't have anything that isn't WIFOM. I encourage all the players to take a much closer look at those two, but for now I'm leaving my vote on Zhero.
foilist13, Post 291, wrote:At the moment I don't see anyone scummier than Zhero. I never said Y was a suspect, nor do I have a case to post on him.
Inconsistencies: Fact.

foilist13, Post 245, wrote:Zhero and Socrates only posted 11 times(not including their confirmations), and very few of Zhero's had any kind of content. thats active lurking in my book, much more so on the part of Zhero than Socrates.
I've gotten a general town read from Alduskkel so far, so I am going to leave him out for now.
[quote="foilist13", Post 302,"]@Saint - Pretty much yes, but as I said, to me it was pretty much him or Alduskkel. At the moment though Zhero has been more active, and Alsuskkel has not, so for now
unvote, Vote:Alduskkel.
[/quote]
foilist13, Post 279, wrote:My read on Alduskkel changed primarily because in my mind it is extremely doubtful that there were no scum on YankCane's wagon, and
I narrowed down those people to two possible suspects, Alduskkel being one of them
. To me, that significantly increases the possibility of him being scum.
Lying, Inconsistencies: Fact.

foilist13, Post 391, wrote:This is a game Cthulhu, it is supposed to be fun. Coming to this thread everyday and seeing one or two if any posts is not fun, its
depressing
. So either I want to move on or I want out, but I'm nit enough of an asshole to replace out from
boredom
. So lets either get some activity rolling, lynch you, or lynch me.
Appeal to emotions: Fact.

foilist13, Post 263, wrote:As I look back he seems less to be lurking than to be inactive.
foilist13, Post 308, wrote:@Saint - I'm equating inactivity with lurking, sorry for the misunderstanding.

foilist13, Post 245, wrote:Zhero and
Socrates
only posted 11 times(not including their confirmations), and very few of Zhero's had any kind of content. thats active lurking in my book, much more so on the part of Zhero than Socrates.
I've gotten a general town read from Alduskkel so far, so I am going to leave him out for now.
foilist13, Post 310, wrote:@Saint - No I don't have anything besides that, because that is more than sufficient in my mind. I answered your first question in my last post, go read it.
Socrates' posts yesterday were not any ore frequent than the others, but they did have content enough to give me a town read on him.
Zhero and Alduskkel do not have that.
Inconsistencies: Fact.

foilist13, Post 402, wrote:Y is presenting a lot of "evidence" which in reality is purely gut feeling and conjecture.

I might be tunnel-visioning. I tend to do it. But that's bad play, not scummy play. It hurts the town indeed nevertheless, so I'll try avoiding it.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Zhero »

That is a very thorough post, looking forward to foilist's response.
Y wrote: I'm not tunnel visioning. I have Socrates in my sight and Aldus too.
Your thoughts on them would be helpful, if possible.
-Zhero
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Thank you, Y. To be honest, my accusation of you voting for the lynch was based on what I'd read in ISO, so I missed CD's comment on the matter, which entirely changes my perspective on that. Thanks for clearing that up. I would still like to see more on your suspicions of Socrates and Alduskkel, if you please.

As for Foilist, besides the fact that Y's presentation of evidence is more than damning, I dislike his latest push for Y as his target. It feels opportunistic, as if he was expecting the wagon on CD to die down, so he decided to try and get one started on Y based on current feelings (IE my and Alduskkel's reservations about Y). My case against Foilist feels reinforced, and unless he does a
very
good job in persuading me otherwise in his rebuttal to Y's post, I'll be more than willing to drop the hammer on him.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:52 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Thank you, Y. To be honest, my accusation of you voting for the lynch was based on what I'd read in ISO, so I missed CD's comment on the matter, which entirely changes my perspective on that. Thanks for clearing that up. I would still like to see more on your suspicions of Socrates and Alduskkel, if you please.

As for Foilist, besides the fact that Y's presentation of evidence is more than damning, I dislike his latest push for Y as his target. It feels opportunistic, as if he was expecting the wagon on CD to die down, so he decided to try and get one started on Y based on current feelings (IE my and Alduskkel's reservations about Y). My case against Foilist feels reinforced, and unless he does a
very
good job in persuading me otherwise in his rebuttal to Y's post, I'll be more than willing to drop the hammer on him.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:53 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Argh, that's the second time that's happened. Sorry about that (again).
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 am

Post by foilist13 »

That case was the biggest piece of bullshit that I've ever seen.

Ok, as for my baseless accusations, I posted reasons with all of those votes, and here Y is presenting them as unexplained votes, which is
Bullshit, Fact.

The Lying bit is ridiculous. There isn't even a contradiction in those two posts! Go back and read it.
foilist13 wrote:Hmm, I'm starting to rethink my Zhero vote. As I look back he seems less to be lurking than to be inactive. Idk, Alduskkel could be construed as scum, but for the moment I don't have anything that isn't WIFOM. I encourage all the players to take a much closer look at those two, but for now I'm leaving my vote on Zhero.
Ok, here I said I was reconsidering my vote on Zhero. YOu are trying to make it look like I just cleared him, or said I wasn't suspicious of him.
Bullshit. Fact.

foilist13 wrote: At the moment I don't see anyone scummier than Zhero. I never said Y was a suspect, nor do I have a case to post on him.
And this post is completely in line with the last one.
Bullshit. Fact.

Your inconsistencies bit is equally ridiculous. There isn't any inconsistency or contradiction
even in the bits you decided not to leave out.
Lets see, first I though Alduskkel was town, then gasp! Zhero starts posting! Oh shit, maybe I was wrong! Quick, go look back at Alduskkel. Oh wow, he hasn't posted anything, at all, this entire game. No wonder I got a town read on him, he hasn't even taken a position on anything. Well thats scummy in my mind, and Zhero is looking ok now, so hey, vote:Alduskkel (obviously that wasn't a real vote, mod.)

Your post is
Bullshit. Fact

foilist13 wrote:This is a game Cthulhu, it is supposed to be fun. Coming to this thread everyday and seeing one or two if any posts is not fun, its depressing. So either I want to move on or I want out, but I'm nit enough of an asshole to replace out from boredom. So lets either get some activity rolling, lynch you, or lynch me.
This is the most pathetic piece of desperation I've ever encountered and I'm not going to respond to it.

As for my appeal to emotions, who the fuck was I appealing to? This was an argument of semantics, not emotions. Get your shit straight, youre supposed to be an IC here.

The next Lying fact
is fucking bullshit.
Look at those two posts.
there is no contradiction, at all, whatsoever
What the fuck are you trying to pull Y?
foilist13 wrote:Y is presenting a lot of "evidence" which in reality is purely gut feeling and conjecture.
After your last post I stand by that. You should seriously reconsider IC'ing. This is massive OMGUS, but oh wait, Oh My God You Do Suck!
Confirm Vote:Y
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I've heard enough.

Vote: Foilist13.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Y »

Assuming foilist turns out scum, I believe Socrates is a good candidate for the other scum. The way foilist avoided him seems weird.

I'd also consider Aldus because of the way he kept resisting to the attacks made against foilist. I also didn't like the way foilist cleared him early in the day. The later attack feels forced and might be an intent to bus/clear a scum buddy.

I don't know Zhero's position on all of this which worries me. It means he's not talking enough.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Are we in twilight?
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Zhero »

Y wrote: I don't know Zhero's position on all of this which worries me. It means he's not talking enough.
I've felt that foilist was scum for much of the game.. this doesn't come from any one glaring error so much as the cumulation of many things, which I tried to point out at the time and you covered well in your recent post. I hesitate to make any serious conjecture on who else is scum at this point since a lot of it hinges on how foilist flips.
-Zhero
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

re: Games being fun - always play to win ;)

That's the hammer by my count, so lets see the outcome.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Am I allowed to just tell you guys since I'm already lynched?
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

It's certainly not clear from rules 17, 18 and 19. I'd suggest you can say whatever you like but not quote the mod PM. Altenatively
19. When you are killed you are allowed 1 post which may contain no other characters, letters, words or phrases besides "Bah" and/or "Go Town." Please refrain from doing even this unless absolutely necessary.
may apply.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Zhero »

Twilight is when the lynch has been decided, but hasn't actually been lynched yet. So yeah, you can say whatever. Rule 19 only applies after the actual death.

I think.
-Zhero
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

yeah but the thread is locked then, which makes 'Bah, go Town' impossible.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Hmm, I guess the safe thing to do is not to tell you just to stay on the mod's good side.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys I've had no access all weekend.

Official Vote Count:

foilist13(4): Y, Zhero, CthulhuDreams, SaintKerrigan

CthulhuDreams(1): Socrates
Y (1): foilist13

Not Voting: Alduskkel

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: November 28th

The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Foilist is led to the gallows, where his alignment is finally determined.

Foilist13,
Townie
, lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Thursday, November 26.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 am

Post by hohum »

SaintKerrigan,
Town Cop
, Killed, N2

It is now day 3. Deadline 3 weeks from this post. Good luck.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:12 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

This is going to be a tough day. Not sure at all what the best play is.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Socrates »

Im going to go back and see if saint breadcumbed who he investigated N1.

Cthulhu is still scum if you ask me.

Y is probably his scumbuddy.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bah.