Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Vote muh

Only scum would dare think that a superior anime is equatable to an awful one.
w:l:d
2:3:0
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Wulfy »

See? Obvious scum is obvious.

(I have a friend who really believes Naruto is as great as DBZ, so I felt like prodding it. I like the Naru concept but the anime killed itself after about 20 or so episodes. Even though I'll watch a few of the fights, the show does nothing for me in general.)

Side note aside:
Look at scummy mscumminess Putting people blatantly at L-4. Let's totall lynch guys! Do it for the lulz! The lulz!
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Wulfy »

muh316 wrote:BUt imagine this.
We get two people out of the story. Ten people remaining.
Then we get info from the cop.
8 people we know of. If cop is lucky then only one scum remanining and it will be easy enough to find the remaining one.

Or we can just play cop. everyone states that they are cop and says who they have investigates last night. There will be only one right answer and it will be beneficial to us.
Bad idea.
PaltryExcuse wrote:Or we could talk things out a bit, make an educated decision, perhaps still be wrong, and then get information from the cop...because according to the rules, there may be sanity issues. So we could get inaccurate information from the cop.
Good idea.
muh316 wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:Or we could talk things out a bit, make an educated decision, perhaps still be wrong, and then get information from the cop...because according to the rules, there may be sanity issues. So we could get inaccurate information from the cop.
Man why do i always forget that. Guess Im used to newbie games
Newbie games are bad due to following the cop ideas. Most games punish that, so just learn that is an absolutely awful idea.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Wulfy »

julienvonwolfe wrote:And Wulfy, following the cop in newbie games? 50% of newbie games don't even have a cop, of course.
Some novices still come out doing it, as shown above by muh's reasoning for his horrid suggestion.
Scott Brosius wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Torqez wrote:Holy crap! 4 votes (L-3) and another one saying he'd prefer to lynch me?... That's almost an L-2 way too early. :shock:
Why is it too early? Do you really think someone is going to swoop in and quicklynch you? Why are you panicking at an L-3?
Are you planning to answer this Torquez?

Also a no-lynch based on a potential investigatory role when we are not in an open setup is bad.
Do you consider nolynch to be a good move in guaranteed cop scenarios?

@wolfe: What if DDD is mafia, how does that affect your thoughts?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Wulfy »

DDD's move isn't necessarily town or scum. One, I can attest that scum players do have a trend of being more obligated to a game than a townie *on average*, but at the same time, his move could be the necessary first step to lurker lynching later on. However, I think DDD's point does stand that simply excusing lurkers is* scummy and would not only warrant pressure (or votes toward a lynch based on reactions) but if the pressured person were to be scum, the defended lurkers would also be implicated. I think that based on his current position, DDD's alignment would be read as slightly more town than before his attack, but that validation couldn't be reached due to town reaction and premature thoughts. Perhaps a little more development next time, hm?

In other news, muh's attack on DDD looks a little jumpy and a lot under reasoned. Why would you suggest DDD is more likely to be scum based on his position?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Wulfy »

Paltry, and I say this since I'd rather let the JL play out before commenting on it, I think Chinaman's statement of "I don't think
scum-DDD
" indicates previously playing with a DDD before.
However, I would like to know that if you do have meta or previous experience, did his play then seem like it was toward his alignment's favor in hindsight? (Actively saving partners in his argument, casting doubt (chainsaw), remaining unattached or pursuing the lynch of his partners?)

If gut feeling what about his play initiated your gut read?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by Wulfy »

julienvonwolfe wrote:This game is so boring. The only interesting thing is DDD vs Torqez, and I don't have any reads on them either way.

The other players need to chime in.
Thanks for fixing the problem by stating the obvious.
muh316 wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:What do you mean there is not much to discuss? How is this different from other games?
In my other games, a strong discussion usually began with one person talking about no lynch(which i did) after in one human day we would put in about 4 pages a day.
You've gotta be yiffing kidding me. Why not try a new approach and analyze the existing discussion instead of playing from the sidelines. From my experience, the main event is more fun than being unheard.
Josh Lyman wrote:
eleven knives in a throat wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Town are more likely to flake than play a game they’re cold on, scum is more likely to smother a game in non-participation even if they’re cold on the game.
Do you have any numbers to back this up? I doubt flaking rates are noticeably different between town and scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Torquez opened the game making pre-emptive excuses for lazy scum behavior, instead of waiting for it to happen and damaging the game we should lynch them instead.
:shock: We should lynch him now instead of waiting for scum behavior? How can that possibly be a good idea?
We are not exactly waiting for scummy behavior from Torq. He's admitted he's bored with Mafia, and if he's
that
bored, why enter a game? Why stay in a game? Why admit it in-thread? This is just too unusual to be pro-town.

I know I said he's been more active, so I moved my vote, but --

Wait. Just had a thought.

eleven,
why are defending Torq so vehemently?

vote: eleven
Anti-town isn't necessarily scum.
julienvonwolfe wrote:Well, partly to see what comes of it and partly to try and inject some life into this game:

unvote, vote: Torqez
That's an awful idea because you're obviously blindly following the heaviest wagon. As a result:
Unvote; Vote julien

*I realize China has a legitmate point on Torq now*
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Wulfy »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Wulfy, mind elaborating on how I was 'blindly following the heaviest wagon'? What do you mean by 'heaviest'?
Most votes, though I could have been mistaken.
Josh Lyman wrote:EBWOP: I think generally, only town replaces out except in highly unusual circumstances.
Hm...I disagree. I know from friends of mine who have modded games that unusual/interesting/etc roles are just as capable of replacing out. *shrugs* I think it's pretty null.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Hm... I didn't think about the potential ploy by wolfe to undo all progress by re-entering the RVS, but you could be correct.
I can say much more on the matter until he responds.
as for Don, Welcome, I do hope some fresh insight will inject a bit of life into this game as well. Please, do post all thoughts as unabridged as you can.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Wulfy »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
Wulfy wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:Wulfy, mind elaborating on how I was 'blindly following the heaviest wagon'? What do you mean by 'heaviest'?
Most votes, though I could have been mistaken.
You are indeed. The only vote on Torqez at the time of my vote was DDD's, according to the votecount five posts above my vote.

It wasn't random at all. I am following DDD's logic to see what comes of it. So far, nothing makes me want to stop following DDD's logic - except perhaps for muh, who I was previously voting, and is now lurking.

Initially I was feeling askance about Chinaman, but they seem to have improved their posting.
DDD's logic is validated by what exactly? Or rather, what convinces you to his way of thinking.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Hm... well don, that could be a serial killer type ploy and there is also the chance that your scum who conveniently won't be shot at or will be jujst before town is about to lose. Honestly, you're claim does little to affect my opinion of you and while town might make the same play, it doesn't help your position with player view points no matter your alignment. (I stop at that rather than circular logic because this form of thinking could be contrived to see him as scum, town, or null. I choose null since both scum and town could think this is a good move and so it means nothing despite whatever plans they have.)

Don, while I see your point of China's scum slip, I could use a little more. Also, I don't like how you say you have other suspects but don't mention them. I would at least like to know your reasoning on why they (specific or not) are less deserving of your vote than Chinaman.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Wulfy »

@Paltry: Where do you plan on getting more info regarding DJ? Ask more question.

Muh, say something relevant.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Wulfy »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Wulfy wrote:@Paltry: Where do you plan on getting more info regarding DJ? Ask more question.

If you see something I'm missing feel free to go at it.

The only thing I would like clarified is why you aren't giving Chinaman the benefit of doubt. Meaning, if you agree with most of what he says why does one comment sway your opinion on the matter?
...?
You're clearly mistaking me for someone else. You have yet to explain how you plan on getting more information out of DJ and I am voting wolfe not Chinaman. Noting one scummy statement was noted by ANOTHERPLAYER (DJ) isn't really refusing benefit of the doubt. However, your unbelievable reaction here looks really scummy, maybe you and chinaman are partners? And his absence forced you to try and protect him because of DJ catching a "slip."

Unvote; vote Paltry

I amy switch to a larger bandwagon, but I just don't like this play.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Wulfy »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Wulfy wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:
Wulfy wrote:@Paltry: Where do you plan on getting more info regarding DJ? Ask more question.

If you see something I'm missing feel free to go at it.

The only thing I would like clarified is why you aren't giving Chinaman the benefit of doubt. Meaning, if you agree with most of what he says why does one comment sway your opinion on the matter?
...?
You're clearly mistaking me for someone else. You have yet to explain how you plan on getting more information out of DJ and I am voting wolfe not Chinaman. Noting one scummy statement was noted by ANOTHERPLAYER (DJ) isn't really refusing benefit of the doubt. However, your unbelievable reaction here looks really scummy, maybe you and chinaman are partners? And his absence forced you to try and protect him because of DJ catching a "slip."

Unvote; vote Paltry

I amy switch to a larger bandwagon, but I just don't like this play.
That question was for
DJ
, and he has already answered it above. Just because I'm not pursuing DJ as you want me to doesn't make me scum. Depending on DJ's actions, and his comments through the rest of the game, I'll judge him as I would any member of unconfirmed status. What exactly are you hoping for?

Secondly,
today
is
the deadline
. We need a lynch.
So, you quote me to talk to another player without indicating any change of direction in your post?

O...kay...sure...

unvote; Vote Josh

Though I still don't like Paltry at all. Hopefully tomorrow will kick start.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”