Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

RayFrost wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote: @hiphop: Ray is still sitting shotgun to infinis for me.
As in I'm next to infinis in scumminess or...?
Not so much, just on my radar. I have to reread RC.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Infinis wrote:
roflcopter wrote:...
and charter is the better lynch because infinis was setup by too many people yesterday to be killed today, and i prefer to do things the difficult way.
I have to take back all (well, maybe just half) of the profanity I've spewed at the monitor reading your tunnel vision attacking play style.

So what about my last post of Day 2? Who was I attacking? I didn't get to finish the discussion because Vi shut it down. Vi obviously thought I was attacking her, which in a sense I was but only in making a case against someone else. Someone who either was either a) playing the White Knight defending a damsel in distress or b) Scum trying to gain townie points by looking like part a)

Do you now see why I pointed out all those Vi posts? Vi is a woman, clearly. So why didn't
pops
jump in and say "hey Vi, pads deserves your respect or any of the other people Vi smeared?" And who was the hammer on Mae? And who knew he and his scum buddies would have more than enough ammunition on me today for Mae's mislynch, thereby creating a second mislynch?

Vote: Pops

Shotty to the Body wrote:
roflcopter wrote:because i say so. that's enough, isn't it?
Not for me, charter's always been a little durp durp with his focus and Vi flipping town definitely hurts him, but why does that make him a better lynch/daykill then infinis? Especially since tow of infinis "scum" flipped town last night. I know we get two lynches so this is sort of a moot point, but bleh.
My early case on sigma, really? That's your justification, well looks like we have gullible town or
scum
So..... your case on me is that I play hall monitor inconsistently, I'm scum?

If there's no reason for the sudden RC wagon besides interpreting his last post as rolefishing, I'm perturbed at all of you. There's better cases here. It's not black and white out and out rolefishing, and who charter killed is the first thing I wanted to know too because it seems that makes it easy to scumhunt. (mafia theorists greater than me are welcome to inform me it's not proper to reveal the kill, but I'm saying i empathize)

@what-if-charter-is-sk: well the he's a dead one soon. If he last any longer than an outed vig should last, we lynch him. I don't think accepting his claim does any damage right now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by hiphop »

Two things
Sotty7 wrote:His attacks on me were really bad and with me being so wrong about Sigma I am happy to join Xyl
for now
with my good read.
Is the "for now" part still valid? If it is, has it grown into a permanent situation? If both answers are yes, who is second?
roflcopter wrote:charter, if you're for real real and not for play play, shoot redcoyote tonight
If you want charter to shoot rc tonight, why are you pushing for his lynch now?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

hiphop wrote:If you want charter to shoot rc tonight, why are you pushing for his lynch now?
i realized that charter is not guaranteed town, just guaranteed not mafia. if he's an sk he can't necessarily be trusted to shoot the scum. therefore i'd rather just lynch rc now.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm currently not sure why rofl has decided to abandon his good strategy of reading back over the thread for connections, as it proved very successful in linking imaginality to elvis. Maybe hiphop wants me lynched to feel as though he's accomplished something in this game? He's been kind of so-so for me all game, but I'm not prepared to push for either of their lynches. Additionally, of everyone who I have had early scum predictions on, 3 of them have came up town, with hiphop being the fourth.

---

elvis' posts 78 & 295, in addition to sigma's last couple of posts had me really convinced he was scum. Everyone elvis called out in 295 has came up town, so I feel like we must continue to press on with her. She had to have mentioned her partner at some point.

elvis on hito, 345
elvis on Idiotking, 807
imaginality, 456 wrote:Gut reads:

Town

charter, hito, Infinis, Pads, Red, SpyreX,
elvis

Shifting from Scum to Town

hiphop,
Vi
, pops

Neutral

Everyone not mentioned

Shifting from town to scum

crypto
, Ray,
sigma

Scum

Penguin,
CSL
Maemuki
, IdiotKing
rofl, 918 wrote:
conclusions

elvis is scum. lynch her now please.
mae is very likely scum.
idiotking is very likely scum.
spyrex is still in the might be scum category.
---

elvis talked almost exclusively of crypto during D1. You can literally read through her in isolation, as I did, and find that she didn't talk in depth about a great many people. Going with the same strategy that connected imaginality to her, I'd say our two best bets at this point are hito or Idiotking.

The case against hito is coupled with imaginality calling him town in post 456. It's likely that at least one more in that town list is scum, given how many town have flipped in the rest of the list. hito was one of the few other people that elvis even mentioned. The case against Idiotking is based more on the fact that elvis was hard up to lynch Idiotking at the end of D1, perhaps as a distancing tactic. This case is couple with the fact that Idiotking attempted to separate himself as much as he could from the CSL lynch here, here, and here. rofl was right to conclude that Idiotking should be on our short list of high suspects in post 918, a post with which I agreed.

Neither player has been particularly active, and I've come out on separate occasions at one point or another with positive things to say about both of them. hito has been playing very cautiously, which can been seen as a good or a bad thing. Every post he makes it seems as though he is walking on eggshells, trying not to cause too much of a fuss but trying to make sure he has a post every couple of days. Idiotking has been largely absent for the past few pages, which strikes me as odd. In conclusion, I think we need to stick to the strategy that has actually gotten us somewhere in this game.

vote: Idiotking
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

RedCoyote wrote:Everyone elvis called out in 295 has came up town, so I feel like we must continue to press on with her. She had to have mentioned her partner at some point.
"This strategy has had a 100% failure rate, so we should keep trying it."
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Does that mean you think hito and Idiotking are guaranteed town?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Everyone elvis called out in 295 has came up town, so I feel like we must continue to press on with her. She had to have mentioned her partner at some point.
"This strategy has had a 100% failure rate, so we should keep trying it."
yeah i noticed that too, though rc is right that idiotking needs to die. its probably just a desperate attempt to bus for town cred.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by roflcopter »

RedCoyote wrote:Does that mean you think hito and Idiotking are guaranteed town?
wow loaded question
soi soi soi

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It's my experience that scum tend to mention their partners at some point, so I don't buy the idea that we should just stop looking at people elvis mentioned as possible suspects because of townflips.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by roflcopter »

RedCoyote wrote:It's my experience that scum tend to mention their partners at some point, so I don't buy the idea that we should just stop looking at people elvis mentioned as possible suspects because of townflips.
its my experience that scum tend to try to set up town lynches in such a way that they can go on to lynch more town afterwords.
soi soi soi

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Day 3: Attack of the red herrings.

Can't we just do it the old way guys?

I'll even lynch Budja now if the reasoning doesn't start with a conspiracy theory. I think this stuff is just getting silly.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

lol at 1285
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by Pads »

Checking back in after the holiday weekend. I'll be posting something more substantial at some point today.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Ok, my catch up is up to crap. Wasn't able over the weekend. What I need for quick reference are current claims please. If someone would oblige me, that would earn them town points :P
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

fhqwhgads wrote:Ok, my catch up is up to crap. Wasn't able over the weekend. What I need for quick reference are current claims please. If someone would oblige me, that would earn them town points :P
charter has claimed vig who killed crypto

that's all the claims.

now get back to reading.
don't you feel silly now?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 am

Post by zoraster »

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

We interrupt your regularly scheduled scumhunting to bring you this breaking news: It's daytime, but remarkably there have been two unrelated deaths.
[Mod Note: This means two different killers, the reports are just being lumped together]

Infinis the Vanilla Townie was killed

charter the Mafia Roleblocker and ex-Traitor Vigilante was killed

Some clarification to charter's role: Charter was a traitor vigilante who could shoot each night until recruited but the mafia did not know who he was and he did not know who the mafia was (both were informed of the others' existence but not who). He was recruited by the Mafia one night, became a Mafia Goon but was actually the backup Roleblocker, so with imaginality dead, charter became the roleblocker.

We return you to your normally scheduled lynching

Day 3 Continues. Vote Count will be updated shortly.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:32 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 3, Post killings
hiphop ( 3 ) - Sotty7 - SpyreX - RayFrost
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 3 ) - hiphop - Xylthixlm - roflcopter
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 7 ) - fhqwhgads - hitogoroshi - idiotking pads zakeri - Shotty to the Body - popsofctown
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 4pm EST
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote

turns out rc is indeed town, sorry about the mixup. charter had me going with his claim.
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

unvote

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

i sincerely hope redcoyote will accept my helping him lynch idiotking as an apology for trying to lynch him just now

vote: idiotking
soi soi soi

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm so confused.

Have I made any good reads this game?
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Pads »

Well, an iso read on charter indicates that he was pretty much playing for the scum from the beginning, most likely under the assumption that he'd eventually be found. He got rid of folks that were likey the strong town players in his opinion, banking everything on being discovered by the scum. The natural reaction I had to this thought was that he probably advertised himself to someone who was looking for him and did not just leave it up to chance. The fact that he was picked up in just two (possibly one) night(s) of searching lends credit to this theory.

Unfortunatley, though, I can find no clear evidence of him doing this, but I wanted to throw it out there in case anyone sees something I missed.

Alright, where were we yesterday...

hitogoroshi wrote: I mean, I don't know about you, but I certainty can't neatly categorize who I want lynched and even if I could, I certainty wouldn't to continually re-post my thoughts in a nice bundle and give the scum a big old "HEY - PICK A TOWNIE FROM THIS LIST AND EARN MY MISLYNCH" sign.
'Who I want lynched' will never be a black and white topic, but at any point if you ask me (and most other people, I believe) who I want lynched at that moment, I bet I can come up with a few names. Folks who wait around for 100% assuredness or 'irrefutable evidence' are newbs or scum. Townies aren't supposed to know. But they
are
supposed to have suspects and, when the time comes, they
are
supposed to be decisive.

As for the 'pick a townie' sign, since the alternative to that scenario is everybody keeping their opinions of who they suspect to themselves, or people making their opinions hard to review for those who are re-reading through posts trying to find where they stood at the time, I find both your implication, and your attempt to make my action look as bad as possible to be scummy.

Furthermore, this is fear-mongering. A townie having other townies on their scum list is the natural result of a game of mafia. Mislynches, also, are a natural result of a game of mafia. It's something to try and avoid, of course, but it's not something that I should fear to the point of inaction. Your comments imply that you feel that I should be so worried about providing scum with the names of townies I would be willing to mislynch that I should be evasive, and unclear about who I find scummy. What?! Thou art scum.

hitogoroshi wrote: Scum are the ones who have their minds made up before the day starts, and to me the quick pair of lists strikes me as really scummy.

So, which is it? Do scum know what they're going to vote for at the beginning of the day, or do they jump on the mislynches that townies advertise in their posts?

The answer, of course, is that they can do either. But that realization defeats two of your three points against me. If scum are willing to jump on a mislynch provided by another townie, then sticking to your suspects is not a scum tell, it's a null tell. If scum focus on the folks they decided to mislynch the night before, then people who list their own suspects are not being anti-town for sharing their own opinions.

Your third point against me is your gut, and that is not something I care to try and defend against.

Again, I want to point out, that on Day 1, you had nothing to say to me when I attacked you. But on Day 2, after SpyreX threw a vote on me, you immediatley vocalized. You are shrinking away from conflict, you are attacking those who state their opinions (and by association, defending those who don't state their opinions), and you have but two votes in this whole game, both for highly dubious reasons.

Mine I've already covered, but for Hitogoroshi's earlier vote, I offer for the town to read these three posts.

Post 378

The last two sentences are amazing examples of scumspeak.

Post 388

Reminds me of Bill Clinton's impeachment testimony.

Post 460

After attacking EP for voting without adding something, he justifies his own vote by saying it doesn't need a case because EP's action was so bad.

That does not look like town talking to me, and I highly encourage all readers of this to join me in:

vote: hitogoroshi

Couple other notes. SpyreX goes on the back burner until hito flips. Hiphop hurt himself a lot yesterday, but there's a tinge of new player in the air. Going to re-read him before I cast a yea/nay to his wagon.

I assume we're all back from 'caught in the crossfire' land and we all accept that we have but one mafia. I said previously that Idiotking was likely scum if we had just one mafia, I need to look at that again, too.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

now that charter is dead and confirmed scum, i'm willing to lynch hito based on this snippet alone:
hito wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but rofl's case on charter kind of seems like a pretty similar argument to the one that was made against Mae.
but for the time being i'm sticking with my idiotking vote. if xyl and/or rc want to switch to a hito wagon i'll jump.
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:now that charter is dead and confirmed scum, i'm willing to lynch hito based on this snippet alone:
hito wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but rofl's case on charter kind of seems like a pretty similar argument to the one that was made against Mae.
but for the time being i'm sticking with my idiotking vote. if xyl and/or rc want to switch to a hito wagon i'll jump.
I seriously, seriously need to do some iso reads, and I don't have time right now. I'll get back to you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”