Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Glork »

Cyberbob wrote:
Glork wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
Glork wrote:I would be remiss if I did not. I would *MUCH* rather scrutinize everything and decide someone is protown later than ignore potential scumtells in a player's behavior. That's how I've always played, and it's worked for me in the past. I'm not about to change it for you or anyone else.
Inductive logic FTL
Huh? We're discussing an aspect of my playstyle. How does inductive logic have anything to do with that?
"It's worked for me in the past, therefore it will work for me in the future" is pretty much the very definition of inductive logic.
:rolleyes:

Cyber, this might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a mafia game ever. There's a reason that mafia strategies exist, and it's because they give players better odds of winning. To reduce my scrutiny of your play to "inductive reasoning" is to attack the use of strategies and playstyles regardless of their nature. If you want to continue this discussion, make a thread in Mafia Discussion after this game ends.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Ray, there are people who still haven't posted in the thread entirely, but you're focusing on Vaya? Sounds like "easy chainsaw" mentality.

Today, Cyber; tomorrow, Ray (if he flips scum for obvious chainsaw, which is going to happen).
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Riceballtail wrote:Ray, there are people who still haven't posted in the thread entirely, but you're focusing on Vaya? Sounds like "easy chainsaw" mentality.

Today, Cyber; tomorrow, Ray (if he flips scum for obvious chainsaw, which is going to happen).
I've asked for prods/replacement for those that haven't posted at all.

Vaya
has
posted and
has
pretty much
only
made a bandwagon vote on an easy bandwagon with actually no reasoning behind it (unless you count "what merk said is soooo good" as reasoning). Seriously, this is
the most noteworthy
thing that vaya has done the
entire
game. That's a
huge
scum tell for me.

Ummm... this isn't a very good chainsaw if
I'm going after the only ones that haven't made a case

All it does is, tbh... nothing.

Oh, btw, RBT.

Remember that time in pokemon mafia where I was defending sociopath while attacking you?

Remember how you were mafia and claimed "I'm coming after you for chainsaw" that game?
don't you feel silly now?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Glork wrote:Cyber, this might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a mafia game ever. There's a reason that mafia strategies exist, and it's because they give players better odds of winning. To reduce my scrutiny of your play to "inductive reasoning" is to attack the use of strategies and playstyles regardless of their nature. If you want to continue this discussion, make a thread in Mafia Discussion after this game ends.
cool story bro
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Devestation »

Cyberbob wrote:
Glork wrote:Cyber, this might honestly be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in a mafia game ever. There's a reason that mafia strategies exist, and it's because they give players better odds of winning. To reduce my scrutiny of your play to "inductive reasoning" is to attack the use of strategies and playstyles regardless of their nature. If you want to continue this discussion, make a thread in Mafia Discussion after this game ends.
cool story bro
Vote Cyberbob

That was just totally useless in every possible way.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Empking »

Dev: Vote worthy?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Devestation wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
cool story bro
Vote Cyberbob

That was just totally useless in every possible way.
Glork himself recognised that that line of discussion is more suited for Mafia Discussion than this game thread; I refer you to the last sentence of the paragraph.

I've just about run out of different ways to say "you think you're smarter than you actually are".
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Cyberbob wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Also @Everyone - why have people been ignoring my posts?
Don't worry, if anyone has an ounce of intelligence that trend is soon to be broken given the following paragraph:
Wickedestjr wrote:Vaya has only made three posts. None of them have been that helpful. However, having said that, I don't think Vaya would have come out of nowhere to jump on the most popular bandwagon if she was scum.
Why?

RayFrost wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Also @Everyone - why have people been ignoring my posts?
They are bad.

Poor reasoning, etc.
That means they should be ignored? Just because you thinik they are bad, doesn't mean you don't have to respond.

xRx wrote:1: RBT has been more helpful (or at least attempted to more helpful) than SB in my opinion. 2: Oh, look at how SB doesn't pay me any attention, then as soon as I vote her she goes digging for stuff to vote me. OMGUS-like behavior. 3: Also, I believe I implied that Vaya was scummy, but hadn't posted enough to get a real read on, WHICH IS WHY I CHOSE TO VOTE FOR SB.
1: So? Why does that indicate that she is town? Also, what exactly gave you a townier vibe from RBT?

2: The points she brought up against you were things that occurred after her previous post.

3: Where did you say that? Here you said;

xRx wrote:Aaaand I just iso'd Vaya. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Unvote, Vote: Vaya

Really? A post from over a week ago stating you'll get caught up in the next few days, then a reasonless vote on Cyberbob, then a post calling for more Cyber votes?
and that post seemed like you actually thought she was scum.

Glork wrote:QFT, basically. So you're saying it's okay for someone to lurk for nearly an entire MONTH contrbuting NOTHING, then hopping on the bandwagon of the day? Where did you learn to play Mafia?
It is anti-town for her to do that, but I'm not bothered by it.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:35 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:@People who are voting me: What's exactly so scummy about my posts? I said I had something on Cyber, then Merka posted things about Cyber that rose my suspicions enough to a vote.

Funny thing, MM has gone into lurking. Hmm... Something smells bad... Scummy++.

Cyber is yet to defend himself. And that excuse of town deserving to lose is not good. Scummy++.

xReck voted Vaya for basically lurking, and yet he ignores MM's sudden lurking. He's even hypocrite enough to say that my reasons to vote for Cyber are convenient, when he doesn't have a real reason to vote for Cyber. When he placed his vote, he said he couldn't post the reasons atm, but then he never posted them at all. Next thing he did after voting him was pushing for his lynch. Still no reasons.

I still want a Cyber's lynch, but I'd be happy to lynch xReck any time soon.
I'm not lurking, I'm one of the more active players in the game. Taking a break for a couple of days is not lurking.

The difference between me and Vaya is I've claimed and Vaya hasn't...

Unvote:
Vote: Vaya
FOS: Snow_Bunny
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Kise »

Unvote: Vaya
:?

Will vote when I read up. How was Thanksgiving, all?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I'm not lurking, I'm one of the more active players in the game. Taking a break for a couple of days is not lurking.

The difference between me and Vaya is I've claimed and Vaya hasn't...

Unvote:
Vote: Vaya
FOS: Snow_Bunny
Convenient. You decide to "take a break from the game" just after you claim due to lots of pressure on you. Really convenient.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Devestation »

Er, you won't get a definent conclusion from that argument, Snow_Bunny.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Convenient. You decide to "take a break from the game" just after you claim due to lots of pressure on you. Really convenient.
He also chose to take a few days off during Thanksgiving weekend, during which many people were on V/LA. Did that thought ever cross your mind?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Wickedestjr wrote:Why?
Because it's one of the most god-awful things I've ever seen. "It's too scummy to be scummy!!!" is not good in any way shape or form and you should be drawing a lot more suspicion than you currently are.
Wickedestjr wrote:It is anti-town for her to do that, but I'm not bothered by it.
lol
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Glork wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Convenient. You decide to "take a break from the game" just after you claim due to lots of pressure on you. Really convenient.
He also chose to take a few days off during Thanksgiving weekend, during which many people were on V/LA. Did that thought ever cross your mind?
No. I don't have Thanksgiving here in my country, and thus that didn't crossed my mind. Also, he took more than the weekend, mind you.

Going away when you are under pressure is not look good in my eyes. Period.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
Glork wrote:
No. I don't have Thanksgiving here in my country, and thus that didn't crossed my mind. Also, he took more than the weekend, mind you.

I didn't go away. I'm tired of people that accuse others of lurking that are less than active themselves... :roll:
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by RayFrost »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
Glork wrote:

I didn't go away. I'm tired of people that accuse others of lurking that are less than active themselves... :roll:
ITT SB is a hypocrite and furthers the hole of obv scumminess.

ITT MM actually makes a good point.

ITT I keep track of things and tell people ITT
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Pads »

Checking back in after the holiday weekend. I'll be posting something more substantial at some point today.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wickedestjr wrote:
xRx wrote:1: RBT has been more helpful (or at least attempted to more helpful) than SB in my opinion. 2: Oh, look at how SB doesn't pay me any attention, then as soon as I vote her she goes digging for stuff to vote me. OMGUS-like behavior. 3: Also, I believe I implied that Vaya was scummy, but hadn't posted enough to get a real read on, WHICH IS WHY I CHOSE TO VOTE FOR SB.
1: So? Why does that indicate that she is town? Also, what exactly gave you a townier vibe from RBT?

2: The points she brought up against you were things that occurred after her previous post.

3: Where did you say that? Here you said;

xRx wrote:Aaaand I just iso'd Vaya. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Unvote, Vote: Vaya

Really? A post from over a week ago stating you'll get caught up in the next few days, then a reasonless vote on Cyberbob, then a post calling for more Cyber votes?
and that post seemed like you actually thought she was scum.
1: Are you really asking my why helpfulness = pro-town? What kind of question is that?

2: Were they, now?

3: Are you completely ignoring my following post?
green shirt thursdays
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Riceballtail wrote:Ray, there are people who still haven't posted in the thread entirely, but you're focusing on Vaya? Sounds like "easy chainsaw" mentality.

Craplogic. Chainsaw is a null tell until the person defended flips scum.

If not for the continued existence of Cyberbob (who probably isn't in your scumgroup), I would be voting you right now. However...

MFoS: Riceballtail

On the other hand... *reads Cyberbob as scum in Commie Mafia more carefully*... while Cyberbob wasn't as emotional there as he is here, dear gods his summary posts there are JUST like his ones here. (Including one very early this game where my first read was a town PBPA. Oops.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Wait, so you're saying that it's obvious Cyber is scum, and because of that, I should wait to find Ray scummy for chainsawing? By your own wording, you are also thus full of craplogic.

We both think it's a chainsaw.
We both think Cyberbob will flip scum.
I'm being more aggressive in scumhunting than you, because I'm trying to find ties, not wait for information to be given to me by a mod. It does tend to cause problems when I have a bad read, but that doesn't stop me from finding multiple scum D1. Your hesitancy to look into that tie is noted.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Can someone summarize the Cyberbob case?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

My read on cyberbob has nothing to do with me finding how quickly and easily certain players jumped onto the wagon scummy.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Tarhalindur wrote:On the other hand... *reads Cyberbob as scum in Commie Mafia more carefully*... while Cyberbob wasn't as emotional there as he is here, dear gods his summary posts there are JUST like his ones here. (Including one very early this game where my first read was a town PBPA. Oops.)
Whoops, guess that means I have a fairly consistent style of writing PBPAs..............

Seriously. Watching you guys run around feeling so happy with your AWESOMELY SWEET READS is actually pretty funny.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Cyberbob wrote:If I get lynched and flip town it won't be because your scumtell kind of sucks, amirite? It'll be because "he was legitimately scummy!!"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”