Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Andrew Lemarchand wrote:
Stuart wrote:Hate to break it to you but not all discussion is pro-town.
I didn't say that all discussion is pro-town, but your style of complete non-discussion of the actual issues that matter is most definitely anti-town.
What issues are those?
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

I know you won't address them, but your reasons for being convinced that Emile is scum would be a good start.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Andrew Lemarchand wrote:I know you won't address them, but your reasons for being convinced that Emile is scum would be a good start.
What was your reason for bringing it up then? And in the manner you did? More importantly if this is the only issue I'm avoing why is 'issues' plural in your post?
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm

It was a foolish endeavor to finally convince you that your actions are nothing but anti-town. Our current discussion is only bringing me closer to hammering you, which I don't want to do at this time, so I'm done getting nowhere with you.
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by Claude Lefevre »

@Stuart: please explain in one sentence why claiming to be bulletproof would be a good thing for town.

You say you don't understand my FoS's. I thought I explained everything in post 120. Anyway, to make it clearer, I think you, (ex-)Edward and Jamie look all scummy. Since Jamie was possibly fishing 4 your role, it is an AUT-AUT situation: either you are scum or Jamie is. There. I also want to make it clear that you are my FoS, and your claim, which I do not buy, either (see question above), is making you look worse.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

False dilemas suck. Also, would you have had me lie about my claim instead? I am at L-1 after all.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Leon's last post wrote:Yeah, I had plans to come back and post more after taking my shower. I'll do so in a bit.
Spencer's question directed towards Leon wrote:I'd like to hear more from Leon about what he thinks on the people on the bandwagon if he thinks there's scum gunning after Stuart. It's a fairly easy wagon to jump on, I'll admit, but I don't like how he completely waffled in 100.
It would be really great if you responded to this question. Or anything.
Unvote, Vote: Leon

It should be blatantly obvious by now that saying anything directed towards Whyte will provide nothing for the town to work with. I still would like him dead, but if there's any plan for salvaging day one it in ignoring him completely.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Edit: "It will be in ignoring him"
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

Stuart Whyte wrote:flavour = I was trusted with some super secret new armour thats immune to sonic weapons and painted it like everyone else's diving suits.
No such "secret" stuff.

I think he is still at l-1 so why not force a clame? get that we can lynch from that. I have to run, I will post more latter!
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Tracey Morris »

Is Stuart still alive? Are we seriously still having this conversation? There is no point in keeping him alive. He has provided zero information that is worthwhile to the town; he is scummy and anti-town; and we have been pulling teeth from him for the past four or five pages. He is a liability to the town whether he is scum or town. There is no way to move past this. Stuart is anti-town; anti-help; anti-progress; anti-scumhunting; and anti-everything. The simple fact that someone has not hammered him is mind boggling.

Suppose we keep him alive. Do you really want someone to waste an investigation on him? Do we really want to keep him alive to endgame before we tackle the massive WIFOM moment?

I guess the only question is this bullet proofness and the laser whatever. I would assume that bullet proof typically means immune to night kill, so I would think that that would remain the same.

String him up. If I have to read even one more page of this nonsense I am going to scream.

On another note, I am eagerly awaiting Leon's response, too. He must have been excessively dirty for a shower of this duration:
Leon Dreyfus wrote:
Tracey Morris wrote:
Leon Dreyfus wrote:I don't oppose lynching Stuart, but from the look of it I'd say that he is the "easy" target. Meaning that scum are trying to push his lynch.
So what does that say about your half commit, non binding attitude to his lynch? You couldn't be more of a fence sitter. Your not getting in the way of his lynch is duly noted; as is your contradictory suspicion of anyone that is attacking him as an easy target.

IGMEOY: Leon Dreyfus
Yeah, I had plans to come back and post more after taking my shower. I'll do so in a bit.

Your post is dismissed.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 am

Post by malthusis »

The pressure had been growing on Stuart over lunchtime: He called a fellow aquanaut an alien for no reason (at least, not any obvious one) and when questioned about it, refused to tell why. After multiple rounds of questioning, he was still stubbornly holding his reasons back, and the rest of the group was starting to lose their patience with him. Even after saying he had some new experimental armor on did not lessen his fellow aquanaut's suspicions of him. The situation has now reached a climax as several aquanauts are ready to lynch him for his actions alone, not even worrying whether he is an alien scum or not....

The Fourth Vote Count of Day 1:

Jaime Marcelle:2 (Otto, Claude)
Gerhard Krause:1 (Leon)
Stuart Whyte:5 (Igor, Gerhard, Tracey, Jaime, Emile)

Emile Buchard:1 (Stuart)
Leon Dreyfus:1 (Spencer)

Not Voting:2 (Orski, Andrew)

Reveal:2 (Jaime,Andrew)
Not Reveal:0

Undecided:10

Notes:

1.Leon is getting prodded. Orski will be prodded later today...
Last edited by malthusis on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Not unlynchable, and my rank in Captain. This is all I've been approved to say.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 am

Post by malthusis »

Orski asked for replacement :roll: . I'll try to get one as soon as possible...
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:I've pmed the mod some questions. I'm waiting on him for answers. I had initially assumed I was only nk immune, but given the lynch flavour and the wording of my pm I might also be unlynchable(how cool would that be) I doubt it though. When he responds I'll answer. Also, I'm ignoring the question because only 3 people have agreed to my terms, there are 11 in the game, get the number up to 7-8 and I will talk.
Now why would you be unlynchable? With your role you can pretty much just live forever. I'm assuming the role about being immune to sonic weapons was just a mistake on the maods part (assuming your caim is true).

Claude- Please answer my question. Is possible softfishing the only reason you have for FoSing me or is there more out there?

Also in reply to the votecount. Didn't Andrew unvote?
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@Jaime - Spencer did. He decided to go after Leon for some answers, and Andrew was never on the wagon, because he would have been the hammer vote, and he wasn't ready to do that.

The Leon question is interesting, but I can't imagine what sort of scummy answer he could possibly come up with to get us to lynch him rather than Stuart. I'd like to hear what he has to say, but I have no intention of unvoting.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Tracey Morris wrote:
Claude Lefevre wrote:Anyway, my FoS's remain for the moment Jamie&Edward OR Stuart.
I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around a logical conditional FoS like this, especially when you've already put a vote on one side of that condition. I'm going to think about this later tonight.
Claude - looking at your interesting FoS, it appears that you have suspicions about both (Jamie AND Edward) OR (Stuart). From what I can tell, your suspicion about Edward is based on his "plan," and your suspicion about Jamie is because of his "role fishing." How are these related? They seem independent of each other, and I would normally read it as that, except you placed the conditional OR between them and Stuart, meaning that both of them must be suspicious together. What is the connection?

Second, why is it either both of these two people or Stuart? What is the connection between those two and Stuart? Logically speaking, if Stuart gets lynched and flips town then you will be more suspicious of both Edward and Jamie. How will your feelings be about Jamie and Edward change if Stuart flips town? If he flips mafia?

I find it especially intriguing that you also voted (in the same post) for one of your FoS's, giving that side of the conditional more scummy-ness/suspicious-ness.
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Guys. I've contacted Malthusius and talked to him. He knows I'm going to be away and requested I put so in my alt sig. As I did, but I thought it would be better I posted to tell you in case you didn't notice. I'm going to be AWOL, a way on life, for a few days. Things have happened and seem to pile up all at once. Sorry, I'll be back hopefully in a few days.
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Emile Buchard »

Gerhard Krause wrote:Bullet proof? Ok, 1) I don't buy that at all.

@Those who have played X-Com is there some invincible hero? I doubt it.
Well, there is powered armour in regular X-COM, and I'm sure there's something like that in TFTD. Possible one-shot immunity?
Tracy wrote:Is Stuart still alive? Are we seriously still having this conversation? There is no point in keeping him alive. He has provided zero information that is worthwhile to the town; he is scummy and anti-town; and we have been pulling teeth from him for the past four or five pages. He is a liability to the town whether he is scum or town. There is no way to move past this. Stuart is anti-town; anti-help; anti-progress; anti-scumhunting; and anti-everything. The simple fact that someone has not hammered him is mind boggling.
I love you. There is no reason on earth for Stuart to be alive right now. If he's lynch-immune that would make him virtually immortal, which I don't think the mod would do.
This is a signature. It represents things that you say when you have nothing better to do.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Emile Buchard wrote:I love you. There is no reason on earth for Stuart to be alive right now. If he's lynch-immune that would make him virtually immortal, which I don't think the mod would do.
This post troubles me. A lot.

Emile - do you have any reason to suspect why Stuart is targeting you?

Emile - what will you think if Stuart flips town?

Stuart - assuming for the moment you are town, if Emile is lynched are you actually going to help the town in scumhunting? Is your lack of providing any reasonable case unique to Emile, or is this something we could expect the rest of the game? Granted, I'm not saying your answer is going to change my opinion of you, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this lunacy.

Stuart - is you keeping your "secret" benefiting the town? If so, how?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Gerhard wrote:@Jaime - Spencer did. He decided to go after Leon for some answers, and Andrew was never on the wagon, because he would have been the hammer vote, and he wasn't ready to do that.
I meant unvoting Orsky/Edward. As of his post 10 Andrew has no vote on anyone unless I missed it yet the vote count says his vote was on Orsky.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Yeah, I've actually unvoted twice for Edward/Orski after Edward was replaced. I wanted to give Orski a chance to catch up and see what his response was to Edward's plan.

@mod - Am I unvoting incorrectly?

Oops, I didn't notice for some reason. Changing the VC right now.....
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Tracey Morris wrote:
Emile Buchard wrote:I love you. There is no reason on earth for Stuart to be alive right now. If he's lynch-immune that would make him virtually immortal, which I don't think the mod would do.
This post troubles me. A lot.

Emile - do you have any reason to suspect why Stuart is targeting you?

Emile - what will you think if Stuart flips town?

Stuart - assuming for the moment you are town, if Emile is lynched are you actually going to help the town in scumhunting? Is your lack of providing any reasonable case unique to Emile, or is this something we could expect the rest of the game? Granted, I'm not saying your answer is going to change my opinion of you, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this lunacy.

Stuart - is you keeping your "secret" benefiting the town? If so, how?
My method of play is not isolated to Emile. I don't know what 'secret' you mean?
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Ok, you're just playing dumb now. This is stupid. Can we ignore Stuart or hammer him? One or the other, but he's not even trying to play the game at this point.

Oh wait, he's only at L-2 now. Ok, can we please put him back at L-1? It is clear that he is not interested in either scum hunting, or defending himself, and we can only be left with assumption that he either does not care about the game, or is a jester.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Stuart Whyte wrote:My method of play is not isolated to Emile.
So say we lynch Emilie today. Tomorrow you are going to vote someone else and not explain it or offer any reasoning?
Stuart Whyte wrote:I don't know what 'secret' you mean?
Seriously? Are you being intentionally difficult? Your "secret" of why you are voting for Emilie.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Tracey Morris wrote:
Stuart Whyte wrote:My method of play is not isolated to Emile.
So say we lynch Emilie today. Tomorrow you are going to vote someone else and not explain it or offer any reasoning?
Stuart Whyte wrote:I don't know what 'secret' you mean?
Seriously? Are you being intentionally difficult? Your "secret" of why you are voting for Emilie.
I have no intention of giving reasons for any votes I make in this game.

I wasn't being intentionally difficult. I've said my condition for revealing why I don't want to reveal my reasons behind a vote many times now, so I assumed you were talking about something else.

@Gerhard: I'm both scum hunting and defending myself, just because I'm not doing either like you would doesn't change that I am.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”