Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I actually believe the VT claim. Ugggh. Or do I? It seems earnest and I feel like scum trapped in a corner would come out with a power role claim instead of a VT claim. *mind explodes from the WIFOM*
Unvote, Vote: Snow Bunny

If we can't get another decent wagon going before deadline, I'll hop back on Cyber.
green shirt thursdays
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Cyberbob wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:If you asked a question to someone you wouldn't want them to answer it? And that was hardly the only justification for my vote. Admittadly, the case against you isn't what I'd call strong, but a no lynch is certainly not preferable at this point, and you seem the scummiest to me.
Nice false dichotomy. There are lots of players in this game besides me, and there are a number of days yet before the deadline.
Sure, but they aren't as scummy as you, so it's not a false dichotomy.
Cyberbob wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Your over-defensive reactions don't suggest a vanilla townie about to be lynched, they suggest scum about to be lynched. In your own analysis, you don't list bandwagoning bad enough to be scummy, so why would other players vote for a lurker or bandwagoner over someone that they actually find to be acting scummy in their posting?
Have you considered signing up for some more newbie games? Just saying.
Way to not answer my question. Again.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Cyberbob »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Sure, but they aren't as scummy as you, so it's not a false dichotomy.
Incorrect.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Way to not answer my question. Again.
Nah, I was just being a bit oblique about how I answered it. Lurking and bandwagoning is every bit as "actively" scummy as whatever the hell it is I'm accused of doing (
I did give an explanation for my sketchiness in the early game, by the way
).
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

Tarhalindur(0) -
Vaya(1)
- Socrates
Devestation(0) -
SensFan(0) -
WarWound(0) -
xRECKONERx(0) -
Snow_Bunny(2)
- RayFrost, xRECKONERx
Riceballtail(0) -
Socrates(0) -
Wickedestjr(0) -
muh316(2)
- Empking, Raivann
Kise(1)
- Cyberbob
Glork(0) -
Empking(0) -
RayFrost(1)
- muh316
SolemnJ(0) -
Merkabah(0) -
MonkeyMan576(1)
- SolemnJ
Cyberbob(9)
- Merkabah, Vaya, Riceballtail, Snow_Bunny, Wickedestjr, Tarhalindur, Devestation, Pads, MonkeyMan576
Pads(0) -
Slicey(0) -
Raivann(0) -

Not Voting(5)
- SensFan, Slicey, WarWound, Kise, Glork

With 22 alive, it is 12 to lynch.
Deadline: 7/12/09
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: Cyberbob
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Cyberbob »

I could live with a Snow Bunny wagon, especially given just how many of you idiots are falling for that deadline hysteria.
Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh hey Glork, still into the mystic-veteran-of-mafia-never-gives-away-his-secrets deal?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Glork »

No. I just think you're likely enough to be scum that you need to be lynched today.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Glork wrote:No. I just think you're likely enough to be scum that you need to be lynched today.
I'm sure you won't have any problems with giving some reasoning of your own that can be analysed by others in later days then. :)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Glork »

Does "I don't buy your excuse for your scumminess" work? I honestly have nothing else to say about it. I'm not being cryptic or deceptive or "mystic" as you put it. I just think there's a 75-80% chance that you're scum, which is plenty for me to lynch on D1.

There. I explained.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by muh316 »

Im sorry about everything but im a really slow reader and I have a bigger brother who keeps bothering me while im trying to read.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Glork wrote:Does "I don't buy your excuse for your scumminess" work? I honestly have nothing else to say about it. I'm not being cryptic or deceptive or "mystic" as you put it. I just think there's a 75-80% chance that you're scum, which is plenty for me to lynch on D1.

There. I explained.
You haven't actually said anything about why you think I'm scummy in the first place, so no. You haven't "explained", and if I was anyone else in this game (except scum) I'd be pressuring you and everyone else who has basically said jack squat about your reasons for hopping on the wagon to cough up the goods.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Glork »

Cyberbob wrote:
Glork wrote:Does "I don't buy your excuse for your scumminess" work? I honestly have nothing else to say about it. I'm not being cryptic or deceptive or "mystic" as you put it. I just think there's a 75-80% chance that you're scum, which is plenty for me to lynch on D1.

There. I explained.
You haven't actually said anything about why you think I'm scummy in the first place, so no. You haven't "explained", and if I was anyone else in this game (except scum) I'd be pressuring you and everyone else who has basically said jack squat about your reasons for hopping on the wagon to cough up the goods.
Glork wrote:I should probably get on that.

1) Your response to the whole 'getting people out of RVS' stage. You called it distinctly protown, which is ridiculous. The RVS resolves itself in every single game, and the only purpose that posting to truncate RVS is so that you can say "look, I was being protown." You did exactly that, which is minus points.

2) Your earliest suspicions were... convenient. Extremely convenient. MonkeyMan and Swimmer. I've come to loathe both wagons, and I have especially come to loathe the people who claimed suspicion of both players. I'm not sure where the additional Wicked suspicion came from, but it seems like the token third option. You call wicked "just plain bad" in addition to Swimmer, vote for Swimmer, and then don't mention Wicked ever ever ever again (except to respond to one of his questions much later).

3) Your continued push of the Swimmerwagon. I think it's apparent by now that Swimmer had no idea what he was doing. He was an alt (and a bad one at that), mucked up some stuff, and got himself replaced. But I now think he became the easy victim here, and you looked like you were trying to put a Swimmerwagon over the crest to Swimmerlynch.

4) Your Kise vote. Coattails, and it came just as that Swimmerwagon you loved so much started to lose steam. It was a convenient time to move your vote, and you did so in convenient fashion. Like with Wicked, once nobody bit on the Kise suspicion, you kind of ignored it forever and ever.

Mostly, I sense a general lack of consistency in your posts. Whatever *did* happen to your suspicion of Wicked? Whatever happened to your suspicion of Swimmer? Of Kise? You seem to jump from one thing to a next without any sign that you're still considering what you said in you previous couple of posts. That's a sign of a scumbag, and it's well worth my vote.

I will say that I am somewhat put off with the ease by which everyone else started stated to suspect you. However, I have somewhat come to accpet that this town is very bandwagonny by nature. I chanted and cheered CyberScum for like a page and a half, and then Merk made a post that outlined like ONE point against you, and suddenly you're the flavor of the day. Had the exact same thing not happened to Monkey and to Swimmer already, I would have hopped off your wagon faster than you can post "lynchbait." Maybe I'm just desensitized, or maybe I think that there's something more solid in this than anything else. I don't know. And frankly, I don't care. But I like where my vote is. And as tempting as the Snow_Bunny wagon is, I don't see reason to move my vote just yet.

I'm just going to leave that here. You even RESPONDED to the RVS thing, as I remember it. I find it deliciously ironic that you're sitting here calling people "scummy or stupid town" when you apparently have no idea what the fuck you read or posted just a few pages ago.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

90% of that is crap made up out of thin air and confirmation bias. I was
hoping
to try and get something with an ounce of actual thought out of you this time around, but alas - it seems that is not going to happen.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Glork »

First of all, what's "confirmation bias"? I don't think I've ever heard that term before.

Secondly, how is "your behavioral patterns indicate that you are scum who was jumping onto convenient wagons" made up out of thin air? Do you deny that you joined the MM wagon, then joined the Swimmer wagon, then continued to push Swimmer, then followed me onto Kise as the Swimmer wagon lost momentum?

You can throw a mountain of words at me, but it doesn't change that your behavior has been demonstrably scummy. Since people actually brought points against you, you've acted huffy and irritated. You have resorted to insulting the town, rhetoric such as "deadline hysteria," and you did the bare minimum as far as giving out your suspicions of each player.

Shameless and repeated bandwagoning, appeal to emotion in lieu of actual defense, and insluting and uncooperative behavior. How is this *NOT* scummy?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Raivann »

Speakin of the swimmer wagon, how bout we pick that one up again 'eh?

Swimmer was scummy and got replaced by Wysp. Wysp saw his role pm and didn't even post. Now Muh is scared to make a content post.

I too am believin Cyber's VT claim, Let us lynch Muh.

@Pads- What about swimmer's post 123 was nOObish?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Glork wrote:First of all, what's "confirmation bias"? I don't think I've ever heard that term before.
I'll let Wikipedia handle this one, as I'm coming up on 24 hours without sleep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Confirmation bias (or myside bias) is a tendency for people to confirm their preconceptions or hypotheses, independently of whether or not they are true. People can reinforce their existing attitudes by selectively collecting new evidence, by interpreting evidence in a biased way or by selectively recalling information from memory.
Secondly, how is "your behavioral patterns indicate that you are scum who was jumping onto convenient wagons" made up out of thin air? Do you deny that you joined the MM wagon, then joined the Swimmer wagon, then continued to push Swimmer, then followed me onto Kise as the Swimmer wagon lost momentum?
Glork wrote:You can throw a mountain of words at me, but it doesn't change that your behavior has been demonstrably scummy. Since people actually brought points against you, you've acted huffy and irritated. You have resorted to insulting the town, rhetoric such as "deadline hysteria," and you did the bare minimum as far as giving out your suspicions of each player.
Why do you call "deadline hysteria" rhetoric when that's exactly what it is? People forget (or choose to ignore) the fact that 4 or 5 days is a lot longer than it may seem at first glance.
Glork wrote:Shameless and repeated bandwagoning, appeal to emotion in lieu of actual defense, and insluting and uncooperative behavior. How is this *NOT* scummy?
I don't think you, or anyone else in this game, is in any position to be using bandwagoning as a reason. Just saying. :)

The appeal to emotion stuff is quite literally all I've got. How can I possibly use logic to get across the point that university exams held the bulk of my attention span during the first few days of gameplay? Would you like me to post a screenshot of my exam timetable as evidence?

As for the insulting and uncooperative behaviour, that's a null-tell. Don't tell me you've never seen town players indulging themselves in a little verbal fencing before.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Raivann »

Glork wrote: Secondly, how is "your behavioral patterns indicate that you are scum who was jumping onto convenient wagons" made up out of thin air? Do you deny that you joined the MM wagon, then joined the Swimmer wagon, then continued to push Swimmer, then followed me onto Kise as the Swimmer wagon lost momentum?
then..
Cyberbob wrote: Secondly, how is "your behavioral patterns indicate that you are scum who was jumping onto convenient wagons" made up out of thin air? Do you deny that you joined the MM wagon, then joined the Swimmer wagon, then continued to push Swimmer, then followed me onto Kise as the Swimmer wagon lost momentum?
wut?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Merkabah »

Ok, just read the last 8 pages and I'm fully caught up now. Cyberbob still needs a major lynching. If he flips scum, xRx needs to immediately afterward. Reck seems to be coming up with any excuse he can to get off the wagon even though
reckoner wrote: Well, this will be certainly interesting. I still think we should lynch Cyberbob, and I'm not quite seeing the logic behind NOT lynching him.

I really despise pretty much everything Devestation has posted in this game, and if he's not scum I'd eat his many many hats.

I have some other thoughts, but those can wait until we see the Cyberbob flip, which is all the more this day needs.

-VPB
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Raivann wrote:wut?
That was a mistake on my part with the quote tags. I'll answer the paragraph now:
Glork wrote:Secondly, how is "your behavioral patterns indicate that you are scum who was jumping onto convenient wagons" made up out of thin air? Do you deny that you joined the MM wagon, then joined the Swimmer wagon, then continued to push Swimmer, then followed me onto Kise as the Swimmer wagon lost momentum?
No, I don't deny doing that stuff. What I do deny is that it was done simply because it was "convenient".
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Merkabah wrote:Ok, just read the last 8 pages and I'm fully caught up now. Cyberbob still needs a major lynching.
If he flips scum, xRx needs to immediately afterward.
Reck seems to be coming up with any excuse he can to get off the wagon even though
See, now it's this kind of thing that you guys should be latching onto as well. VPB is pretty blatantly trying to set up a double lynch - I would say that he thinks I'm part of a different scum group than him and that xRECKONERx is my buddy in the same group.

I'm predicting one of two things here: either the only person to respond to this particular post will be VPB with a predictable NO U-type denial, or someone else will come up with some stupid "oh yes I see.... DIE CYBERSCUM" post.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Socrates »

See, now it's this kind of thing that you guys should be latching onto as well. VPB is pretty blatantly trying to set up a double lynch - I would say that he thinks I'm part of a different scum group than him and that xRECKONERx is my buddy in the same group.
But, but, that doesn't make SENSE. If he thinks Rec is your buddy, then he genuinely thinks that both you and REC are scum and actually believes what he is saying are valid tells. Weak.

Sure, merk could feasibly be scum, but this is (probably) multiscum, so that doesn't do anything to undermine the points levied against you.

Also, I have no reason to think merk is scum at this point so yea.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Socrates wrote:But, but, that doesn't make SENSE. If he thinks Rec is your buddy, then he genuinely thinks that both you and REC are scum and actually believes what he is saying are valid tells. Weak.
Another (more likely IMO) possibility I forgot to mention before is that he doesn't actually think we're buddies, but is just going for a cheap Day 2 lynch if I flip scum. I mean, it's a moot point because I won't - but still.

Basically my point is trying to set up easy lynch combos is anti-town play whether you're town or scum. "i dont think X player is scum therefore I wont ever criticise anything they do evar!!!" doesn't make for a very successful town.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Cyberbob wrote:Basically my point is trying to set up easy lynch combos is anti-town play whether you're town or scum. "i dont think X player is scum therefore I wont ever criticise anything they do evar!!!" doesn't make for a very successful town.
Like an un-CC'd Cop who led you to a guilty scum?

Just sayin'.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

CC? o_O

These acronyms and contractions are getting a bit ridiculous.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”