Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

As for not wanting the full claim, I figured today if DJ was alive he would have to answer both what his night actions were and why he didn't full claim. If he didn't have a good reason, swell, we lynch him.

I can see reasons why a town power might want to soft claim instead of full claim.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by semioldguy »

In my read, no, you didn't. You were around and posting, but looked more like you were prodding the two involved in the fight rather than choosing a side. Eventually you kind of chose a side (only to fence sit a little bit on it again later). You were not taking a strong enough stand in my opinion in relation to your presence in the thread during that time. The side you eventually chose was the one I interpreted to be the wrong side... though I really don't want to unearth that monster and discuss why I think each side was right and/or wrong.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by semioldguy »

The reason don_johnson gave for withholding that role info was crap though. In one of his supposed reason he proposed that if there were a roleblocker then if he revealed that he was a cop he would then not get his ability. News flash to don_johnson... he claimed having a power role. If there was a roleblocker, he was getting it anyway regardless of which role he had/claimed.

I endorse full-claiming or no-claiming. I don't think soft-claiming ever outweighs the reasons town shouldn't soft-claim.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Huh.

I thought DRK was being a bit overly defensive but more than that I really didn't understand why ConfidAnon was being so unreasonable. And given that, DRK's defensiveness seemed justifiable. That opinion of the events didn't really lend itself to me taking a strong stance.

My reads yesterday were murky. Call that fence sitting if you want, but it was hard day 1 to get strong reads on people. With a Confid and DJ flipping it is better, but this has not been a fun environment to scumhunt in.

I didn't really see the great benefit of a full claim rather than a soft claim. Sure, it becomes a little easier to fake claim if you happen to hit town power, but more likely that's not going to happen. And soft claiming can mess with the mafia's heads.

And I'm inclined to let claimed cops live, especially day 1. They are relatively easy roles to scrutinize and on day one you aren't really going to have much to grill them on.

DJ's reasons for soft claiming weren't the best, but I could believe he had them from town.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Basically I just thought he was an idiot.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Looker »

Maybe he was just confused, Sanjay.

Also, has there ever been a time where town consecutively lynched scum with no mislynches the entire game? Is that possible?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@BB
I linked this post because it's too long to reasonably quote. In this post, your only comment about my defense is that you didn't like part of it, yet by the end of the post, you unvoted me and voted SJ. Is there something there I'm not getting? Also, it'd be nice if you could elaborate on what you didn't like about my post.
SOG wrote:So far Sanjay is my top suspect.
Apart from the facts (yes I know that's going to sound a little weird), what do you think of SJ? I ask this because, while I agree he had some play at the end of Day 1 that looks bad in hindsight, I got a very townie feeling from him Day 1 in general.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@DeathRowKitty
I had a scum read on him fairly early on. He was the first player I suspected in my read. I had my scum read on him before I even got to the end of day interactions. I didn't get a town read on him. I honestly don't see the towniness in him that others have said to have seen.

@Looker
The last large theme game you were in with me was a perfect game for town, not a single mislynch. We lynched scum every day in Percy's Stars Aligned.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Sanjay »

When would you say you started to suspect me, semioldguy?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by Looker »

semioldguy wrote:@DeathRowKitty
I had a scum read on him fairly early on. He was the first player I suspected in my read. I had my scum read on him before I even got to the end of day interactions. I didn't get a town read on him. I honestly don't see the towniness in him that others have said to have seen.

@Looker
The last large theme game you were in with me was a perfect game for town, not a single mislynch. We lynched scum every day in Percy's Stars Aligned.
I suck at convincing people, but I strongly believe Sanjay is DJ's partner. Whether or not one of you (SOG or BB) is Sanjay's partner as well, I don't know. But I'm fairly positive Sanjay is DJ's partner.

And regarding that theme game: That was only possible because they reeled in the big wigs. That'd never happen with newbs like myself. I'm still trying to swallow the "No Self-Hammering!" rule.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by Looker »

O, and can psychology be used as evidence to support a case? So far, I'm currently doubting it not only due to WIFOM but to general inaccuracy.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Go for it.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Kreriov »

Vote Count

BigBear (2) - Sanjay havingfitz
eleven knives in a throat (2) - Furry Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia (3)
- eleven knives in a throat archaebob DeathRowKitty
Sanjay (2) - BigBear looker

Not Voting: semioldguy

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: Friday 11 Dec @ 11pm EST
Last edited by Kreriov on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Looker »

Kreriov: Sanjay has two votes, sir
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Looker »

archaebob's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1981374#1981374]Post 1088[/url] wrote:wait, u guys hold up. we need to figure out immediately what we're doing about ZazieR. my guess is that he's pretty much about to replace out (@ ZazieR - which is really shitty, btw, given how difficult this game has already been for Kreriov). if he doesn't either replace out or start posting soon, i strongly recommend an instant bandwagon on his ass.
- Dismissed as playstyle though I have no meta or references to corroborate.
archaebob's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1987240#1987240]Post 1136[/url] wrote:Yes, I'm here Looker.

I don't think you guys understand how absolutely insane this thread is, from a replacement's perspective.

My vote is on Knight of Cydonia because I don't buy his eleven knives vote.
- I think Sanjay is the single point of failure. I'm suspicious of KoC, but through Sanjay. Similar to circuitry and electrical engineering...crap.
- What exactly don't you buy about his vote and what would it take for you to join the Sanjay wagon?
Looker's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957910#1957910]Post 926[/url] wrote:
don_johnson's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957689#1957689]Post 923[/url] wrote:i'm winning the lynch race with 36 hours until deadline. i am just trying to help.

looker: why is it an either/or between me and drk? what about the recent events has you thinking this way? why are you voting KoC?

furry: waiting on your bullshit "i'm waiting to see one thing" bullshit. spew anytime.

oh shit. didn't see shrine is getting replaced. my bad.

mod: requesting deadline extension.
I believe your partners are unwilling to bus you and I believe KoC is one of your partners.
- As I stated, I'm already suspicious of KoC.
Looker's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1959512#1959512]Post 988[/url] wrote:Bad things happened tonight, so this is kinda jisted.

Current suspicions: Sanjay & Don_Johnson as Mafia

Therefore,
unvote
vote Don_Johnson

Sorry for the lack of words
- However, I'm more suspicious of Sanjay. We need a Sanjay lynch, unless, of course, we can somehow confirm Sanjay as town. Yeah, we need a Sanjay lynch. That'd make things better.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:46 am

Post by BigBear »

Grandmother just passed away and the viewing and funeral are on friday and saturday, which leaves a lot of traveling for me in the next few days, I will be out until Sunday evening. And I will get back to everyone's questions then.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:56 am

Post by BigBear »

Grandmother just passed away and the viewing and funeral are on friday and saturday, which leaves a lot of traveling for me in the next few days, I will be out until Sunday evening. And I will get back to everyone's questions then.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:07 am

Post by havingfitz »

BigBear wrote:
Condolences BB.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
eleven knives in a throat
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by eleven knives in a throat »

On Mon Nov 23, 2009, eleven knives in a throat wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Bullshit. That vote was my first post of the day.
:roll: your
other
DRK vote.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I didn't "give meta excuses" - I said he was fitting his meta of actively not playing to a meta. I later commented that he was looking more and more scummy.
I don't see where you commented that. Not that it matters, actions speak louder than words.
Saying
you found him scummy when you didn't
do
anything about him is scummy.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Oh, and refusing to answer any of the many questions raised by Raskol's somewhat scummy play? Great. That's not scummy at all. ¬_¬
unvote; Vote eleven knives
So you switch over from your big crusade on DRK to me because I can't read Raskol's mind.

Makes perfect sense.
All of his posts in the week and a half since:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Pro-lurker.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Gogo gadget bandwagon! ¬_¬
Knight of Cydonia wrote:This game is dying because questions like ^^^ ain't getting answered.
Knight of Cydonia, more like Actively Lurking to Avoid a Fight of Cydonia. (I know you all appreciate clever wordplay, but please, hold your applause. A vote for lurkerscum will suffice.)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Sanjay »

What do you think about the other wagons, Mr. Knives?

Are you a one suspect at a time kind of guy or are there other players who've caught your fancy?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Furry »

This is going to be one of those games where someone getting replaced makes the case on them go *poof* isnt it?

Look at the move from BN to BNs attacker.
Look at the him trying to push policy lynch over scummy lynch.
Look at his jump off DJ wagon to not voting.

The look at no one wanting to lynch him today.

If you need me I will be retching in the corner
Temporary unretired alt
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by eleven knives in a throat »

Sanjay wrote:What do you think about the other wagons, Mr. Knives?

Are you a one suspect at a time kind of guy or are there other players who've caught your fancy?
I don't think the evidence against either you or Bear is damning. I really haven't found anyone except KoC suspicious this game.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Looker »

So are we deadlocked then? Cuz I'm good with my Sanjay vote. Nothing against you, of course, Sanjay, you're cool and everything (you helped me out in the beginning - thanks), but your clever personality does nothing to alleviate suspicions.

Suspicions
DJ, Sanjay, and quite possibly KoC. It wouldn't be the first time I've suspected him so if Sanjay isn't applicable, I'd rather go KoC than EKT. But of course, I'm going to ride this one out and stick with Sanjay. He's my fav :wink:
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Aw shucks, you sure know how to make a guy feel special.

Remind me again why you don't like BigBear as a lynch candidate? Is it just because I suspect him?

You asked about a Furry lynch earlier today. Is that something you are interested in?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Sanjay »

(It is not something I am interested in, by the way. I don't remember if I answered that.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”