Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Claude Lefevre »

guys I am not posting much for the next 24 hours: job crap... sorry about that. for the moment I have just 2 observations:

1) On Spencer's question to Leon: it is a silly question, sorry but I have to say it. On a late day 1 wagon there can easily be scumpeople even if the target is scum.

2) @Tracey: There is no strict relation between Jamie and Edward, but they are both scummy to me and they never attacked each other; on the other hand, none of them seems likely to be scumbud with Stuart. So I thank you for your observation: my FoS is better described by:

Jamie OR Edward OR Jamie&Edward OR Stuart

also: I didn't consider the fact that a SK may exist...

Sidenote: even though I am not voting you right now, Stuart, I cannot find anything in your next posts that would convince me you should be spared... Don't you see that a day 1 claimed bulletproof is useless to town? If you were town, you should have just claimed nilla: it's not like we can test your claim, anyway...

You will agree that, since we have to assume you are not new to this game, it is pretty natural to think that you are faking this.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Claude Lefevre wrote: You will agree that, since we have to assume you are not new to this game, it is pretty natural to think that you are faking this.
I wont agree to this. Why is it natural to think that?
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Tracey Morris »

Claude Lefevre wrote:2) @Tracey: There is no strict relation between Jamie and Edward, but they are both scummy to me and they never attacked each other; on the other hand, none of them seems likely to be scumbud with Stuart. So I thank you for your observation: my FoS is better described by:

Jamie OR Edward OR Jamie&Edward OR Stuart
Okay thanks. Your original FoS makes much more sense about them not being scumbuddies together.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

As some of you may know I can only post in the morning and afternoons...

I read up to where I am posting now and I want to ask:
why have we not zapped Stuart yet?
he is being very anti-town, and doing so on his own will. Having lynch proof arm is not a good idea from a mod point of veiw wrecks the game if you know what I mean. As for the actuall x-com counter part the closest thing is Powered, which can still be a one hit kill at close range (has happend to me). As for being a cpt. Since we only have maybe 12 peeps we can just go on a mission and one of us will be upgraded to cpt. So stop the BS and die already!
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

very quick post (due to access limitation, but it's not like I'd have much more to say now, anyway).
Stuart Whyte wrote:
Claude Lefevre wrote: You will agree that, since we have to assume you are not new to this game, it is pretty natural to think that you are faking this.
I wont agree to this. Why is it natural to think that?
Because claiming bulletproof is pointless. It is not more verifiable than "nilla town", although it gives the impression that you are sincerely sharing info about your role. And even if you were a bp, which I do not believe, you are no advantage at all, now. Scum would simply save you for lylo.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Mod: Can we say the exact reason why we're going to be V/LA and exactly how long we'll be gone? Or is that too meta?

Lynchproof is both speculation, and confirmed not part of his role. Stop talking about it.
Claude wrote:On Spencer's question to Leon: it is a silly question, sorry but I have to say it. On a late day 1 wagon there can easily be scumpeople even if the target is scum.
How does that make it a silly question? All it means is that if Whyte flips scum, there is still a chance Leon's answer could be right anyway.

If you take a look at Leon's voting history, he has been playing it safe. Voting only when he's certain, never less. He even unvoted when the focus moved to Whyte, but never bothered to vote anyone else and instead distanced himself from the Whyte Wagon.

The question is meant to pick up from something he said and get him to target some people.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

:Waves at Claude:

Hey, over here. I still haven't received an answer to my question even though I've asked it twice. Is possible softfishing the only reason you have for FoSing me?
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

Jamie, sorry, I thought I answered, but u r right, I didn't. Yes, it is my only reason for voting you. It is a stronger reason than many others (for instance it is a stronger reason than meta-fishing, which was invoked earlier in the game), in my opinion. And asking someone if their role is X early in the game is always anti-town. Moreover, I do not see much pro-town activity in your posts.

Spencer: I agree, Leon has been playing it safe. But I still don't see how the question would help. Anyway asking is never a problem, as long as it is not scummy, and your question is not, I just don't see its point.

Whatever. I guess I cannot post what time it is here (meta restrictions), but I really gotta go. During weekend I hope I will have a lil more time.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

Now that I have confirmation that my earlier vote has been retracted,
Vote: Stuart Whyte

We're getting nowhere with our questions to him and most other discussion has stalled. We need a lynch to give us some info and Stuart is by far the best candidate.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Please don`t hammer untill much closer to deadline. There is still information to be had. For example:
@everyone on my wagon: If I'm lynched and come up town who will you suspect because of it?
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

Answer: no one because you won't pop town. Also this topic will never get closed for nights, so why should we keep you around? you are at l-1 your current claim is that you are a cpt. with lynch proof armour and won't make a case on anyone. their are two things wrong with this:
1) no-one can be lynch proof it undermines the whole reason of lynching (plus inside x-com there is no scuh thing that lets you take unlimmited shots. The best stuff can get you one shoted from the back or front anyday).
2) Not making cases is anti-town at the core.

I don't want to sound lynch-o-happy but this can't stand.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Igor Schultz wrote:Answer: no one because you won't pop town. Also this topic will never get closed for nights, so why should we keep you around? you are at l-1 your current claim is that you are a cpt. with lynch proof armour and won't make a case on anyone. their are two things wrong with this:
1) no-one can be lynch proof it undermines the whole reason of lynching (plus inside x-com there is no scuh thing that lets you take unlimmited shots. The best stuff can get you one shoted from the back or front anyday).
2) Not making cases is anti-town at the core.

I don't want to sound lynch-o-happy but this can't stand.
You don't think there are any scum on my wagon? I bet 1-2 are. There should be a method for determining who they are.

I didn't claim to be lynch proof. My claim went like this:
Me: I'm pullet proof
Someone: what the flavour?
Me: My armour is immune to sonic weapons
Someone: but we lynch with a sonic weapon
Me: let me check with a mod I doubt I'm unlynchable though
Me: Yep I'm not unlynchable.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:25 pm

1) no-one can be lynch proof it undermines the whole reason of lynching
Me wrote:Lynchproof is both speculation, and confirmed not part of his role. Stop talking about it.
Seriously. Stop talking about it.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

So you now claim nk proof, after not reading that we lynch with sonic weps... at l-1 you will mostlikly have one or two scum on the wagon but I would first look at the people off the wagon as possible scum buddys (if you flips scum). If you flip town I would look inside the wagon because most inside would be scum. If you do flip town I would almost be willing to say that all the scum are on yo wagon because you are a very good target.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Igor Schultz »

topic of your stupid claim is getting old... last chance why are you voting who you are and why can't you tell us. Be honest.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 pm

the topic of his claim has been old and stupid since two pages ago. Keep up, boy.

The problem with the Bandwagon on Whyte is that anyone can jump on it with little to no repercussions. yes, there are scum on the wagon, but at this point it's impossible to tell the differences between town and scum on there. Lynching him would be almost as anti-town as letting him live and lynching someone else.
Tracey Morris
Tracey Morris
Townie
Tracey Morris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Tracey Morris »

Spencer Remmington wrote:Lynchproof is both speculation, and confirmed not part of his role. Stop talking about it.
Just a point of order: it isn't confirmed. The confirmation is from an alleged conversation between the mod and Stuart.
Stuart Whyte wrote:Please don`t hammer untill much closer to deadline. There is still information to be had. For example:
@everyone on my wagon: If I'm lynched and come up town who will you suspect because of it?
I think you are qualified to answer this question as well: who do you think is scum on your wagon? And why?

Also:

Vote: Reveal
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Spencer Remmington wrote:the topic of his claim has been old and stupid since two pages ago. Keep up, boy.

The problem with the Bandwagon on Whyte is that anyone can jump on it with little to no repercussions. yes, there are scum on the wagon, but at this point it's impossible to tell the differences between town and scum on there. Lynching him would be almost as anti-town as letting him live and lynching someone else.
I again get the impressoin that you know I'm town.

@Igor: I know I'm town so humour me here. Which 2-3 on my wagon do you think are scum atm(assuming I'm town)?

@Everyone: I'd also like to hear from everyone else who they think is scum on my wagon should I be town.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Tracey Morris wrote:
Spencer Remmington wrote:Lynchproof is both speculation, and confirmed not part of his role. Stop talking about it.
Just a point of order: it isn't confirmed. The confirmation is from an alleged conversation between the mod and Stuart.
Stuart Whyte wrote:Please don`t hammer untill much closer to deadline. There is still information to be had. For example:
I think you are qualified to answer this question as well: who do you think is scum on your wagon? And why?

Also:

Vote: Reveal
I've already given my opinion on using wagons against oneself as a means to judge alignment. I will use the information gained from this question to offer my final opinion before I die(Yes, wishful thinking aside, I'm fairly sure I'm getting lynched, just trying to make the best of it)
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

The issue here is that it is too easy for everyone to hide behind Stuart's wagon. Whether or not a scum player would choose to be on it is actually WIFOM. Scum sees a super easy wagon, and he then has the luxury of either pushing the wagon through, or staying off it, knowing the candidate will probably be lynched anyway. The problem with Stuart is that he has been
so
anti-town that scum don't have to be on his wagon to get him lynched.

This is all assuming he is town, which I do not believe. However, if he does flip town we need to be careful not to let the people off the wagon off the hook, since at this point I think that that would be an even easier place for scum to hide.

Can we please get either some new info or the hammer? The conversation is going in circles, and Stuart has made it clear in plain english that he has no intention of putting up anymore information. He even said
he will never give any reasons behind any votes, ever during this game

Talking about Stuart has become futile. Lets get up some content about other players, or end the day here, because this case clearly isn't going anywhere.

Now to take some of my own advice, Otto only has 6 posts, and none on recent pages. He is quite easily skating by and is not on the Stuart wagon. I think it is going to be too easy for scum in later days to point back here at day 1 and say "look, I wasn't on the Stuart wagon, so I can't be scum. Scum would push the easy lynch." Either he is inactive, or actively lurking waiting for the day to blow over with no thought given to him.

No one else stands out too much right now, mostly since Stuart's play has overshadowed anything we might have gained from day 1, however I encourage players to look, but honestly I don't expect them to find anything.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Otto Ulbreicht wrote:Hi guys, I would just like to apologize for my absence.

I am currently wrapping up the end of my semester. As such, I've been swamped in projects and assignments, and now am currently doing final exams. I have to study for tomorrow mornings, and I got one the next day too, so I'll post scattered bits until friday, when I can hopefully pull back up.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

I failed with the scattered bits, but I'm too busy right now to deal with this in full detail. I'll evaluate the BW soon enough.
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Atm my top scum suspects:

Scum: Gerhard Spencer Emile

I'd like a response from everyone on the matter before my lynch please.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Stuart wrote:Atm my top scum suspects:

I suppose it would be futile to ask why?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Gerhard Krause wrote:
Stuart wrote:Atm my top scum suspects:

I suppose it would be futile to ask why?
completely.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”