PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:09 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@DDD: Is that a policy lynch then? I'd prefer a replacement at this point seeing as we're only 3 pages in, if we assume he will flake.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@DDD: Is that a policy lynch then? I'd prefer a replacement at this point seeing as we're only 3 pages in, if we assume he will flake.
Sure, call it that if you like. Seriously, I had a large normal game a few months ago where the entire scum team was extremely apathetic about playing and yet none of them replaced out. Why? Because players usually enjoy being scum and feel an obligation to the role more than they do as a random townsperson. So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 am

Post by nhammen »

Vote CountTorqez (3): el simo, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Josh Lyman
muh316 (2): Wulfy, julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe (1): PaltryExcuse
eleven knives in a throat (1): Scott Brosius
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): Sweep
Josh Lyman (1): eleven knives in a throat
Chinaman (1): Torqez
No Lynch (1): muh316
Not voting
(1): Chinaman

with 12 players remaining, it takes 7 to lynch

Prodding el simo;eleven knives in a throat;Josh Lyman
eleven knives in a throat
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am

Post by eleven knives in a throat »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure, call it that if you like. Seriously, I had a large normal game a few months ago where the entire scum team was extremely apathetic about playing and yet none of them replaced out. Why? Because players usually enjoy being scum and feel an obligation to the role more than they do as a random townsperson. So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
People enjoy playing as scum more than town, so we should lynch apathetic players? :?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 am

Post by muh316 »

DDD i think your just pushing torqez for no reason.
unvote
vote DDD
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure, call it that if you like. Seriously, I had a large normal game a few months ago where the entire scum team was extremely apathetic about playing and yet none of them replaced out. Why? Because players usually enjoy being scum and feel an obligation to the role more than they do as a random townsperson. So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
Is this common everywhere? I mean, from what I've read town are just as likely to lurk as scum. It depends on the player.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@DDD: Is that a policy lynch then? I'd prefer a replacement at this point seeing as we're only 3 pages in, if we assume he will flake.
Sure, call it that if you like. Seriously, I had a large normal game a few months ago where the entire scum team was extremely apathetic about playing and yet none of them replaced out. Why? Because players usually enjoy being scum and feel an obligation to the role more than they do as a random townsperson. So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
I agree with the sentiments; however, I'm not sure that it justifies a vote on Torqez.

I am honestly befuddled by muh's reaction to this.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by el simo »

Sorry, been out of the loop, spilt milo on my keyboard, utterly destroying it despite my best efforts to repair it, so I didn't have easy posting options for two or so days. Got one now though, somewhat obviously.
muh316 wrote:SO i have a question for all of you. What are your experiences with mafiascum. Have you played in other sites? or are you still a newbie.
This is my second game on this site, but I've been playing this game on forums for three or so years now so I'm not too bad.
Torqez wrote:But atm, I'm getting bored of Mafia (going through a phase :() ...so i'd be willing to try anything for the sake of variety!
Sounds like you'll be a liability to the town even if you are town. Everyone not voting Torqez should be now for his uselessness.
Uselessness? He said he was in a
phase
of boredom with Mafia. How does this imply that his is useless? He even stated that he is willing to try new things, ie he is playing and he is going to keep playing and not be useless.
Josh Lyman wrote:let's lynch the admitted useless one.
Again: not useless, bored. Also, not admitted, accused.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:As to this recent discussion I shouldn't have to point out that there's no guarantee that we have a cop and that no lynching is almost always the wrong decision based on statistics let alone the information lynch provides.
^ this, see: wiki
I disagree. There are too many external factors that we can't assess to take into account when accounting for someones forum activity. Also, that is a huge stretch. Funny too, I've never seen someone try to lynch someone for possible future behaviour.

I
unvote
and
vote: DDD
for possible future scummy actions. :lol:
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Torqez »

Scott wrote: Why is it too early? Do you really think someone is going to swoop in and quicklynch you? Why are you panicking at an L-3?
I'm not panicking, the tone of my post was a bit of a sarcastic nature - sorry if you didn't get it. This was emphasised by me saying I'm almost at L-2.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Nope, fully advocating it, let's kill Torquez here and now.
lol, care to state your reasons again?

PaltryExcuse wrote: @DDD: Is that a policy lynch then? I'd prefer a replacement at this point seeing as we're only 3 pages in, if we assume he will flake.
Theres no signs of me flaking at all :? I am fully committed to this game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
Or providing you with an excuse to mislynch? Pre-emptive cover for future? lol
el simo wrote: Sorry, been out of the loop, spilt milo on my keyboard
loool...so this wasn't a lie :P
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by nhammen »

Vote CountDebonair Danny DiPietro (3): Sweep, muh316, el simo
Torqez (2): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Josh Lyman
muh316 (2): Wulfy, julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe (1): PaltryExcuse
eleven knives in a throat (1): Scott Brosius
Josh Lyman (1): eleven knives in a throat
Chinaman (1): Torqez
Not voting
(1): Chinaman

with 12 players remaining, it takes 7 to lynch

Prodding Chinaman

Torqez would have been prodded as well, but he posted 30 minutes before it was required.

I have had to prod 4 players today. I am not pleased. If this continues, the deadline may be moved up a few days.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Torqez wrote:
I'm not panicking, the tone of my post was a bit of a sarcastic nature - sorry if you didn't get it. This was emphasised by me saying I'm almost at L-2.
Ok next time write it with a smiley or something. :)

I think the whole replacing/not replacing deal with scum being less likely to replace is completely null and not what we should be basing lynches on.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I'm here.

As far as DDD being scum and trying to mislynch Torq, I find it hard to believe. I don't think scum-DDD would push that like he has this early playing scum. It's more of a town move IMHO.

As far as any scum-tells going on, I don't see anything from anyone at this point to make me cast a serious vote on anyone at this time to be honest.

If it was deadline and I had to vote someone on the other hand, it would prolly go to muh for p79. I would also like to point out that Sweep is a very close second for my vote. I say this because he random votes DDD then votes him for real again later on. I don't really agree with the lynch of Torq that DDD is pushing for, but I don't see scum-DDD pushing for that lynch so I'm inclined to think both as town. I would like to hear more from Sweep at this time and Muh on there votes for DDD and if they think scum-DDD would really push this hard for a mislynch as scum.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Wulfy »

DDD's move isn't necessarily town or scum. One, I can attest that scum players do have a trend of being more obligated to a game than a townie *on average*, but at the same time, his move could be the necessary first step to lurker lynching later on. However, I think DDD's point does stand that simply excusing lurkers is* scummy and would not only warrant pressure (or votes toward a lynch based on reactions) but if the pressured person were to be scum, the defended lurkers would also be implicated. I think that based on his current position, DDD's alignment would be read as slightly more town than before his attack, but that validation couldn't be reached due to town reaction and premature thoughts. Perhaps a little more development next time, hm?

In other news, muh's attack on DDD looks a little jumpy and a lot under reasoned. Why would you suggest DDD is more likely to be scum based on his position?
w:l:d
2:3:0
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 am

Hey Josh Lyman, I saw you /in for another game,
after the prod went out
. Hows about you play in the game you're already in first?
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Chinaman »

eleven knives in a throat wrote:Hey Josh Lyman, I saw you /in for another game,
after the prod went out
Wow, I didn't even know he was in this game. He is in another of my games and is as active in that game on the first page as he is here in 4 pages.

On the flip side of this coin, this game is pretty slow atm and I think it's JL's decision to play however many games he can handle. It's still early so null-tell atm. I would however, like this game to start to take off soon though. (darn weekends)

DDD - Is your full reasoning for wanting to lynch Torq due to him saying he was getting bored with Mafia in a post of his and then drawing the conclusion this means he is prob-scum because only scum would stay in a game when they are getting bored with Mafia during that time?

JL - Why are you voting Torq?

Sweep - What are your thoughts on recent discussion. Still happy with your DDD vote?
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Chinaman wrote:JL - Why are you voting Torq?
I voted for him because he admitted (to my way of thinking) that he was bored with Mafia and wasn't going to contribute much. No matter what he specifically, actually,
said,
that's how I interpreted it.

He has since been more active, therefore:

unvote
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

JL, what are your own opinions of your activity in this game?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Josh, I was hoping you'd response to this:
eleven knives in a throat wrote:
Josh Lyman wrote:Three posts, no content. I tend to agree with D3 -- let's lynch the admitted useless one.
"tend to agree"? That's not a phrase people normally use when they agree with
one
person on
one
point. It's an indirect way of stating your thoughts, (as opposed to the more direct "I agree with D3",) and that's a sign that you know your thoughts are wrong.

In fact, I looked through Josh's finished games. Admittedly the sample size is small, but I noticed in one of his scum games, Mini 799, that he used several indirect thoughts (mostly in the form of "so-and-so doing such-and-such is pinging my scumdar") whereas in his town games he's more direct with his thoughts.

Unvote
Vote: Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

julienvonwolfe wrote:JL, what are your own opinions of your activity in this game?
I will admit I'm not playing this game as well as I could be. I attribute this to inertia -- the game got going pretty quickly and I meant to come and post, and then there was more to reply to, and the longer I waited the more there was to reply to, and so on. Like a snowball.

I know I have to do some heavy lifting to redeem myself, and that (hopefully) will come real quick.

eleven:
I'm sure you'd love to have a response to that. I'm working on one. Really. (Don't hold your breath.)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Was in Pittsburgh most of the last two days, will re-read early tomorrow and have thoughts.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Chinaman wrote:I'm here.

As far as DDD being scum and trying to mislynch Torq, I find it hard to believe. I don't think scum-DDD would push that like he has this early playing scum. It's more of a town move IMHO.

As far as any scum-tells going on, I don't see anything from anyone at this point to make me cast a serious vote on anyone at this time to be honest.

If it was deadline and I had to vote someone on the other hand, it would prolly go to muh for p79. I would also like to point out that Sweep is a very close second for my vote. I say this because he random votes DDD then votes him for real again later on. I don't really agree with the lynch of Torq that DDD is pushing for, but I don't see scum-DDD pushing for that lynch so I'm inclined to think both as town. I would like to hear more from Sweep at this time and Muh on there votes for DDD and if they think scum-DDD would really push this hard for a mislynch as scum.
This entire post seems to defend DDD. Is this based on meta or a gut feeling?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Wulfy »

Paltry, and I say this since I'd rather let the JL play out before commenting on it, I think Chinaman's statement of "I don't think
scum-DDD
" indicates previously playing with a DDD before.
However, I would like to know that if you do have meta or previous experience, did his play then seem like it was toward his alignment's favor in hindsight? (Actively saving partners in his argument, casting doubt (chainsaw), remaining unattached or pursuing the lynch of his partners?)

If gut feeling what about his play initiated your gut read?
w:l:d
2:3:0
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by nhammen »

Prodded Sweep
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:20 pm

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Is this common everywhere? I mean, from what I've read town are just as likely to lurk as scum. It depends on the player.
Town are more likely to flake than play a game they’re cold on, scum is more likely to smother a game in non-participation even if they’re cold on the game. Torquez opened the game making pre-emptive excuses for lazy scum behavior, instead of waiting for it to happen and damaging the game we should lynch them instead.

~~~~~
Torqez wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Nope, fully advocating it, let's kill Torquez here and now.
lol, care to state your reasons again?
Sure, you’re scum.
Torqez wrote:
Theres no signs of me flaking at all :? I am fully committed to this game.
There’s also little active participation from you other than a general distress at the vote count and trying to divert attention from yourself.
Torqez wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
Or providing you with an excuse to mislynch? Pre-emptive cover for future? lol
It’s certainly a reason to lynch you. To mislynch you? Well I’d have to wait for a flip before that was even possibly true.

~~~~~
Chinaman wrote:
eleven knives in a throat wrote:Hey Josh Lyman, I saw you /in for another game,
after the prod went out
DDD - Is your full reasoning for wanting to lynch Torq due to him saying he was getting bored with Mafia in a post of his and then drawing the conclusion this means he is prob-scum because only scum would stay in a game when they are getting bored with Mafia during that time?
There’s also little active participation from him other than a general distress at the vote count and trying to divert attention from himself. Oh and he tossed around some OMGUS’, that was useful.

~~~~~
PaltryExcuse wrote:This entire post seems to defend DDD. Is this based on meta or a gut feeling?
I’d say it’s based on reality.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Town are more likely to flake than play a game they’re cold on, scum is more likely to smother a game in non-participation even if they’re cold on the game. Torquez opened the game making pre-emptive excuses for lazy scum behavior, instead of waiting for it to happen and damaging the game we should lynch them instead.

~~~~~

[
Do you think people are less likely to replace out as power roles as well? Or just scum. Either way, I think this part of the case on Torquez is reading into null-tells too much.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”