Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vote Count, Day 3
hiphop ( 1 ) - Sotty7
shotty to the body ( 2 ) - popsofctown - SpyreX
fhqwhgads ( 1 ) - RayFrost
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - Pads
Idiotking ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 6 ) - Xylthixlm - roflcopter - Shotty to the Body - RedCoyote - idiotking - fhqwhgads

RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - zakeri - hiphop - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to reach a majority.
Majority reached. Plurality will be lynched at 3:45pm EST Friday, December 4th

fshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess you're lynching RayFrost. I think most of you are making subtle mathematical errors when you calculate the pros and cons (Not xyl, i think he has them right but just feels really dependent on nightkill and discussion info for some reason) of leaving someone from a different faction alive long enough to kill people from different factions. Thoughts like "lynch the claimed scum" show a lack of attention to the details of what really happens in a mafia game and make me suspect some of you refused to think critically about the decision.
roflcopter wrote:we are lynching rayfrost, and i would ask everyone not voting for him to stop being stupid. the daykills were fun while they lasted, but its time to get real.
I disagree with the merits of the lynch, and non-Ray lynch wasn't something I pushed [only] out of a sense of fun, it was in a desire to win.

If you think it stupid in the more serious sense, well, it's a terminal condition so don't bother asking for change.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

RC sure feels like he went way over the top on his last post. Especially that last line.

If pops has a case of the stupids, well I do too.

Unvote, Vote RayFrost

I still would have rather bagged a scum. Now, if this was some TECH GAMBIT and he flips scum well more the fool me.

Its not happenin' though.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Final Day 3
hiphop ( 1 ) - Sotty7
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - popsofctown
fhqwhgads ( 1 ) - RayFrost
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - Pads
Idiotking ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 7 ) - Xylthixlm - roflcopter - Shotty to the Body - RedCoyote - idiotking - fhqwhgads - SpyreX
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - zakeri - hiphop - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 14 )

The town gathered for another lynch. Though they hadn't lynched a mafia member yet, they were confident that today would be the day. At least, that is, until the admittedly psychotic serial killer announced his presence. The town though, unsurprisingly, that though he wasn't mafia, he sure was scum.

RayFrost the Serial Killer was Lynched

His Role PM:
Serial KillerYou are a third party Serial Killer. You win when all other parties are destroyed. You come up INNOCENT to cops.

You are immune from being shot if there are 13 or more players left alive.* Note: you may still be lynched!
If there are 12 and under players alive, you wear a bulletproof vest that can take one bullet.

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

You MUST kill by the 800th post of the game if Day 1 goes that long or a kill will be randomized for you. I won't ask you first, so you must send in your PM by the 800th post. Otherwise, all killing is optional.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
2. I put up the kill when I see the PM.
3. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
4. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
5. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Any night roles need to PM me their choices within 48 hours, so by 3:45pm EST on Sunday, preferably before.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:25 am

Post by zoraster »

When we first started their campaign against the Mafia, there had been 25. Now there were only 13. Everyone agreed that was a lot of bloodshed for only three days. But our determination was not wavering. We would lynch again. But first, we would sleep and hope for a bloodless night for once.

We were out of luck.

Roflcopter, the Sane Cop was killed.

You also find out that crypto was the backup cop

Cop PMYou are a Town Cop. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you attempt to investigate one player. If you are sane, Mafia come up as Guilty. Town come up as innocent. Third parties come up as innocent. Godfathers come up as Innocent. Millers come up as Guilty. Traitors come up as guilty. If you are insane, ALL of these are reversed.

You have a randomly chosen 50/50 chance (using random.org) of being Sane or being Insane.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Day 4 starts immediately. The deadline is December 18th at 4:30pm EST
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 am

Post by zoraster »

Just for reference, I sent out the following message to all players still alive.

PMWe had a little lull of activity from some players, so this is a general message that Day 4 is beginning. The deadlines from here on will be fairly short (12 days today, 10 for each future day), so make sure to keep the activity levels up and if you want someone prodded, please don't hesitate.

I hope it's been exciting and fun for you so far. Good luck with the rest of the game.

Love,
Zoraster

CCed: All
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

ouch, rofl got shot. The insane/sane dynamic zoraster did is interesting, there is no "bad" outcome, both are equally informative and only need be confirmed. It's a pretty good bet he had enough time to figure out what he was though, so y'all should go back through his posts.

I say "y'all" because [I'm southern and]
I'm going LA for a bit, exam week
. Sorry, I know we only get 12 days, but I will be back in time for the latter days, I promise.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I just wrote a few notes on a post-it note as I looked over the game; I don't have any posts to quote. The great thing about rofl being the killed and flipping Cop is he is so very clear and concise in almost every post. It goes without saying that all players should go back and at least read over rofl for D2 and D3.

I suspect that he invested EP/fhq, elvis, or charter (post-conversion). During D3 he mentions several times that fhq is "very, very town", it was eerie how quick he was able to focus in on elvis during the beginning of D2, and he did a virtual 180 on charter after D1. I'm pretty sure he never invested Idiotking, Spyrex, me, or hito.

With this flip, I'm really going to give fhq some town credit.

Somewhat like pops, I'm going to be gone. I'm only going to miss tomorrow though, I need to finish up one paper and I have one more test to do. I should make my next post sometime Tuesday.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

Overall I agree with RC's results. No way he investigated the group above.

Of all the possibilities, I'm leaning hardest on the investigation being fhq.

Expect my shotty business in the nearest of futures. That and Pads.

Unless, of course, a vig wants to be a helper.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:24 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm also gonna ISO-read rofl here. I do agree that I'm getting the feeling of EP/fhq being the investigation, but I also think he might have tried to leave results a bit more subtlety.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:58 am

Post by hiphop »

You guys are wrong Rc is the confirmed town.
roflcopter wrote:
unvote

turns out rc is indeed town, sorry about the mixup. charter had me going with his claim.
It isn't just this one. Look at his vote of rc and onward. He even voted charter in his first post of day 3. Meaning he had a guilty on charter.

It was an rc/ charter invetigation.

fhq can still be scum.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I dunno, to me that reads as not investigating RC OR charter and believe charter's vig claim until he was daykilled. Wasn't that post rofl's first one after the charter daykill?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

RedCoyote Post 1606 wrote:I suspect that he invested EP/fhq, elvis, or charter (post-conversion). During D3 he mentions several times that fhq is "very, very town", it was eerie how quick he was able to focus in on elvis during the beginning of D2, and he did a virtual 180 on charter after D1. I'm pretty sure he never invested Idiotking, Spyrex, me, or hito.
Having just ISOed rolf I can agree with this. Knowing he was the cop now makes it pretty clear that he investigated Elvis on night one. Night two is a little harder to figure out. I don't think he investigated either charter or Red though.
roflcopter Post 1244 wrote:charter, if you're for real real and not for play play, shoot redcoyote tonight

unvote, vote: hiphop
If rolf had a guilty on charter why would his vig claim sway his mind and get him to unvote? I don't buy it. Also if he had a guilty/innocent on Red he wouldn't have voted him and then unvoted him in the middle of the day.
roflcopter Post 1262 wrote:
unvote, vote: redcoyote
roflcopter Post 1293 wrote:
unvote

turns out rc is indeed town, sorry about the mixup. charter had me going with his claim.
His posts inbetween were heavily pushing Red as scum and wanting to lynch him. I think it is pretty clear he didn't investigate either charter or Red at this point.

I think he got an innocent either on xyl or fhq.
roflcopter Post 1298 wrote:now that charter is dead and confirmed scum, i'm willing to lynch hito based on this snippet alone:
hito wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but rofl's case on charter kind of seems like a pretty similar argument to the one that was made against Mae.
but for the time being i'm sticking with my idiotking vote.
if xyl and/or rc want to switch to a hito wagon i'll jump.
roflcopter Post 1329 wrote:zakeri, vote for someone

pops,
xyl is a pretty solid lock for town right now

having replaced e-pengin,
fhq is also very very town
, despite the fact that he really needs to be posting more
For me it is a toss up between xyl and fhq, but I am leaning more towards xyl being the choice because rolf seemed convinced that e-pen couldn't be scum after the imag flip so I don't think he would have wasted the investigation.

More to come after I make supper.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

First post of day 3. Case on charter.
post 1223 calls charter scum.
post 1244 Tells charter to shoot rc.
roflcopter wrote:guys we need to lynch redcoyote
roflcopter wrote:turns out rc is indeed town, sorry about the mixup. charter had me going with his claim.
roflcopter wrote:i sincerely hope redcoyote will accept my helping him lynch idiotking as an apology for trying to lynch him just now
That is just day three let's look at the first post of day 2.
roflcopter wrote:redcoyote i'm about 50/50 on at this point
It is quite obvious. He didn't know if he was sane or not. He didn't want to push for the death of a townie. He investigated rc night one and charter night 2.

Sotty- Ever heard of a insane cop? He would have voted rc, if he believed charter was town
night 1- He gets a innocent on rc.
night 2-He gets a guilty on charter.
He votes charter. Charter claims. Believes charter, therefore he believes he is insane, so he votes rc. Charter dies, rofl now knows that he is a sane cop. Does this make sense? However rc can still be an sk or the godfather. And right now he looks very much like an sk.
vote rc

mod your links on page one are messed up. Day 3 starts twice.

Fixed. thanks
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

What? That does not make sense at all. So you are voting RC primarily because you think rofl got an
innocent
result on him? Do you have any other reasons you think RC is an SK?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

What do we know?
We know that sk's are innocent. We believe that whoever killed charter must have an anti-town role. We know that charter claimed vig. We know through the posts that everybody believed him. We know that rofl told charter to kill rc tonight. If you were an sk and rofl had told charter that you are to be killed tonight, what would you do? I know what I would do. It may be wifom, but it is very much logical. Coupled with rc's previous behavior, rc must be the sk.

Who do you believe is scum?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Okay, thanks for providing the full reasoning. However, if we're going to accept the idea of two sk's, they are both anti-town and presumably both afraid of a vig. RC would have a reason to shoot charter, yes, but so would any sk who believed in the vig claim.

As for who I believe is scum: I haven't abandoned my line of thought on scum-IK, but it goes briefly into remission until the day begins proper. (I don't like actively going for people at the start of the day; I'd rather see how they act when there's not so much pressure.) Zakeri needs to post. I'm going to iso-read Sotty now as well; I have a neutralish read on her but it's the same read I had in our last game where she was scum, so it's worth prying a bit. I really like town-xyl right now as well, so I'm probably going to look into whoever he aims for.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Eh. I can see your point Hip Hop, about the investigations at least. But I believe he chose to investigate Elvis on night one. Do you have any evidence to suggest he would have picked Red
over
her as a night one choice? Also, what previous behavior are you talking about specifically with regards to Red?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by hiphop »

hito- no vote?

Sotty- what are you waiting for?

Also based on day 2- yes, it is conceivable that he targeted elvis, but I have to take into accout that he voted rc
after
charter claimed, and he unvoted rc charter
after
charter flipped. Why else would he do this? I asked him why twice, yet he never answered. Don't you think it is conceivable that he didn't answer me, because he didn't want to reveal his role.

As for rc- Why do you think I was voted for him day two and day three? Did I not express myself when I voted? He doesn't have many posts day one, look at his posts and decide for yourself. Based on rc's iso, what do you think?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Someone remind me who the scum are
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I think hiphop is on the money about RedCoyote/charter being two of roflcopter's investigations.

I note we only had one night kill last night, which makes sense if the third kill night 1 was another day/night killer.

If zoraster put in a godfather and/or miller in addition to the random sanity and third party roles coming up innocent, I'm going to skin him with a rusty knife. No pressure.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:I'm going to skin him with a rusty knife. No pressure.
This was hyperbole by the way.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by zoraster »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I'm going to skin him with a rusty knife. No pressure.
This was hyperbole by the way.
Good. I would hope you'd use a properly sterilized knife.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I don't think RC was one of the investigations. Early in D3 roflcopter voted for RC as well as called for him to be vigged/NK'd. Only after the charter flip did he decide RC had to be town.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Idiotking wrote:I don't think RC was one of the investigations. Early in D3 roflcopter voted for RC as well as called for him to be vigged/NK'd. Only after the charter flip did he decide RC had to be town.
So... he had opposite results on RC and charter, and thought that RC was scum and charter was town. When charter came up scum he realized that he had them backwards.

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Idiotking »

But the flip was for that he was a sane cop. Why would he automatically think he was insane?

Am I missing something here?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”