VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mods, you need deadline extension and massive prodding

Not so much to save myself, because that won't be necessary and I'm not getting lynched today, but rather to save this damn game...which is apparently also bleeding out.

I have some things to address when I have some time...but porkchops's "case" is not one of them, so don't hold your breath.

Confid, d3x and nachomamma....if you're still around this game, get in here and vote Ecto so we can move forward.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: vpb

benmage, will you join us?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, since you guys are being lazy and can't see the forest for the trees, let me point some important things out for you.
Ecto wrote:I've also heard it said that my shot came out of the blue or something like that. Well why would I shoot Vi of all people if I were scum? I know wifom yadayada, but seriously, why? Out of the blue? Because I had, what, 2 votes at the time? IIRC?
Well, first, this is factually incorrect. You had 3 votes on you at the time. More importantly, however, is the fact that there a significant amount of pressure building toward your lynch. Allow me to demonstrate:

Ectomancer shoots Vi in post 413 on page 17 with this reasoning:
Ectomancer wrote:Bah, I (and we) need the answer to this for a couple reasons anyhow.

shoot Vi
Which sounds rather aribtrary considering the posthumous mega post case he claimed to have on her. Now, even if you believe that Ecto actually had his case in mind when he shot her (which I don't), let's look at the three or so pages before that shot was fired and see what people were saying about Ecto.
Vi wrote:It wounds my soul to move my vote from Ectomancer-scum, but I can hop onto an Amished wagon.

Unvote: Ectomancer
Vote: Amished (L-5)
Clearly Vi still thought you were scummy.
VP wrote:I also used my current reads for some personal PoE and I've come to the conclusion that we need to be lynching in the following group to hit scum:

benmage
Porkchop
ectomancer
pwnz

Out of those, benmage is still my top pick, but I would definitely back an ectomancer lynch if there is interest.
don johnson wrote:*yawn*

unvote, vote ectomancer

*sips beer*
ConfidAnon wrote:
VP Baltar, 376 wrote:
I have some other stuff to comment on here sometime today, but I had a major realization this morning about Amished. I don't have plans to reveal it at this time, but I'll just say that I'm not down for his lynch. I can see where people are coming from, but I think it's the wrong course of action at the moment. I also used my current reads for some personal PoE and I've come to the conclusion that we need to be lynching in the following group to hit scum:

benmage
Porkchop
ectomancer
pwnz

Out of those, benmage is still my top pick, but I would definitely back an ectomancer lynch if there is interest. Yeah yeah, what's the case you say. I'll get to that today hopefully (after I catch up in yet another game I'm seriously behind in), but just thought I would put those thoughts out there for now.

I can reveal my PoE if a majority of people are interested, but I will ONLY do that if it is a majority thing.

I agree with this list. Two things: 1. What does PoE stand for? (Not asking you to reveal what yours is, just don't get the acronym.) 2. Could we get a vote count?
benmage wrote:My lynch preference would probably be:

VPB
pwnz
nacho/ecto....i dont have a good read on either of these, i'd probably have to read both in iso if a wagon started on either to see if i'd agree or not...but some general feelings and overview has me disliking both.

I think everyone should drop a lynch preference, see where we stand.
Vi wrote:
Ecto wrote:
blah blah blah blah
no comment necessary that I haven't said a couple of dozen times already
And Vi has nothing to say to you because she thinks you are so scummy.
Vi wrote:*messes up the vote count*

Unvote: Amished
Vote: Ectomancer (L-4)
ben wrote:We voting are shooting?

Even without rereading nacho/ecto post 385 makes me down.
Vi wrote:It would be more accurate to say that I keep changing back to Ectomancer due to him providing new and increasingly more awesome reasons to be lynched while providing essentially no redeeming value.

If you believe this assessment is in error, please say so. Otherwise, join the wagon.
Sotty wrote:As for a lynch preference I currently run Amished, ecto, nacho/porkchop. Amished reasons should be clear, ecto doesn't seem to be willing to do anything over these last few pages.
Amished wrote:I should just shoot VP to prove myself right.

Luckily, we have another candidate; and I don't disagree with anything that Vi has said against Ecto.

Unvote
Vote: Ectomancer
And then BLAMO, you shoot Vi. I strongly encourage town players to go look at pages 15-17 (mostly 16). This is where every single one of these quotes comes from and it clearly shows that support of an Ectomancer lynch was being fomented. Some of the above quotes are stronger than others, but all of them are in a negative light of him and they were coming from a fairly wide spread of players. This is why it is clear to me that Ecto is scum. He saw his lynch coming and figured he may as well kill a town player before he bit the dust. What is suprising to me is that people have allowed him to walk away from this...which is why I think people like Porkchop and Ben are likely scumbuddies. Coming up with a case after the fact doesn't do anything to make me feel better about him (not to mention his case is awful).

Now, allow me to point out Porkchopexpress' glaring contradiction while I'm pointing out things.

In his post where he votes me, he attacks me for going after benmage:
porkchop wrote:To begin with, you accused him of following wagons with no original thought (Iso 17) and then, after Ben’s reply when he points out that you’ve done the same thing on the Confid wagon, you focussed on his mistake-riddled NM8 vote and his eagerness to vote before Confid “has even had a chance to explain himself”...(etc)
But when I was first pointing out how ben was jumping on wagons he didn't understand back on the nacho wagon, Porkchop was eager to "borrow" my reasoning as an attack on ben himself.
porkchop iso 3 wrote:I don’t like that Benmage doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the very little play that has transpired so far. I really don’t like that he doesn’t seem to be paying attention to the details of the bandwagon that he joined. This was a pretty huge gaffe for a simple memory failure. He ignores Ecto entirely (even though he quotes a link to Ecto’s argument) and then possibly tries to hide his band-wagoning behind my band-wagoning.
Porkchop is also making the allegation that I am hypocritically attacking ben for not adding "original thought" to the wagons I've been on. While that is not what I was attacking ben over (I attacked him for not UNDERSTANDING the reasons presented against people and voting anyhow), let's look at what porkchop said earlier about ben and myself when the whole Confid wagon was happening.
Porkchop wrote:I’m not entirely sure what you [benmage] are expecting Confid to come out and defend himself against, if he has already explained his actions and you’ve done nothing (beyond voting) to challenge that. You are either voting because you think his play is demonstrably scummy or because you’re trying to pressure him into explaining his actions. Your words say you’re doing one thing, but your play says another. (
Unlike, say, VP you aren’t actually doing any of the due diligence in attacking the response, you just act like you are.
) Reeks of opportunistic scuminess.
My how the tables turn when the wagons change.

Other things I will address from Porkchops voting post on me.
Porkchop wrote:Trying to lynch someone you believe to be town (but is gunning for you) is horrendously bad play, worse than just shooting them even.
What? Getting town killed is bad any way you put it. At least with trying to get someone lynched, the rest of the town acts as a buffer against someone's obvious OMGUS behaviour.
porkchop wrote:Telling someone to act on their suspicions (if they have any) isn’t scummy.
Bullshit and you know it.

Ecto telling ben and dj to essentially shoot it out is outrageously scummy. Ecto isn't agree with one or the other being scummy, he's simply the pre-pubescent poindexter on the outer ring of the crowd shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

That is not good for town and I'm most certainly not "misrepresenting" Ecto in this manner.
Porkchop wrote:Frankly, I don’t know why Vi claiming Vanilla while she was wounded is such an important detail. Are you telling me that you’d expect scum to have given up their alignment because they were wounded (even before Confid revealed himself)? Was that were your town read of Vi came from? Simply that there’s no reason not to believe a deathbed claim?
Scum often give up their alignments after they are dead. I don't think anyone expected Vi to be healed and unless the scum have a doctor on their team, they most certainly would not. I think being able to read deception in peoples' posts is a fine skill that many players on MS lack. Vi's claim and frustration were both very honest. And no, generally speaking, there isn't much reason not to believe a town deathbed (or twilight) claim. What legitimate benefit does a scum receive from fakeclaiming town when he or she believes they are dead?
Porkchop wrote:I don’t think it was an incorrect explanation of Vi’s play but I had a town feeling coming from Vi based off of the gun/bad shot talk
So if you had a town read off of her bad shot talk, why should I doubt her claim? You're not even being consistent in the same post any longer.
Porkchop wrote:Some of the hardcore buddying between Sotty and VP has me slightly suspicious of her.
hardcore buddying? really? I'm not allowed to have a town read on her? Also, what do town reads on each other mean until you actually know someone's alignment? Absolutely nothing. I don't see how you can be slightly suspicious of her when you don't even know what my alignment is.

TL,DR

Ecto had a massive incentive to shoot Vi (his main detractor) when he did. Review pages 15-17 and you'll see that his wagon was gaining major steam.

Porkchop seems to change his opinion in this game very conveniently. When Ecto flips scum, this is where people should be looking for his buddy.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

so should i vote ectomancer, then?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote: vpb

benmage, will you join us?
Godddddamnittttttt

Thats my main suspect, and you all keep running around.'

I'll vote VPB, or any of the 4 lurkers.

unvote vote vpb
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

don wrote:so should i vote ectomancer, then?
I think so. There are actual scummy reasons to vote him. As opposed to my wagon, which is on the grounds of "HERRRRRRRRRRR AHHH DURRRRRRRRRP, WIN DA GAME VPB."
YOUR AD HERE

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Benmage »

^^That is such a false misrepresentation which why you've never allieviated the pressure on you, you keep falling back to that one (true) statement.

Btw, when is the deadline? 3 days? Mods :arrow: :cry: :?: :!: :!:
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote: Porkchop is also making the allegation that I am hypocritically attacking ben for not adding "original thought" to the wagons I've been on. While that is not what I was attacking ben over (I attacked him for not UNDERSTANDING the reasons presented against people and voting anyhow), let's look at what porkchop said earlier about ben and myself when the whole Confid wagon was happening.
Have you yielded yet that i fully understood why i was voting ConA?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

No, I don't believe you understand much of what has happened to this point, but Ecto is oozing scum and needs to be dealt with. You live to fight another day you waskly wabbit.
Benmage wrote: Btw, when is the deadline? 3 days? Mods :arrow: :cry: :?: :!: :!:
But I do agree with this.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ben what do you think of VP's post 627? You seemed to just ignore it. As for me I am happy with my vote on Ecto. We desperately need some mod power too :?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:No, I don't believe you understand much of what has happened to this point, but Ecto is oozing scum and needs to be dealt with. You live to fight another day you waskly wabbit.
First of all i'm not even asking about a general understanding of the game...which is what i infer when you say "to this point"...which is simply off. I'm talking about my single vote on ConA. You dont think I understood why I voted ConA. Alone...Singly...Yes, or no for that.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote:Ben what do you think of VP's post 627? You seemed to just ignore it. As for me I am happy with my vote on Ecto. We desperately need some mod power too :?
Where did i ignore it? I even steal a quote from it in 632...i read it... :?: lol
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote ecto

you're all scummy. his flip should clear some things up. if he's town then both sotty and vpb are scum. if he's scum then someone should shoot me tomorrow before you lynch benmage.

sorry ec, you know i love ya. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ben wrote:I'm talking about my single vote on ConA. You dont think I understood why I voted ConA. Alone...Singly...Yes, or no for that.
ben, let me reiterate my problem with your vote. You posted all of the information you would have needed to find ConA suspicious and said you weren't quite clear on the case so you would do a reread. Then after that reread you magically understood and put your vote EVEN THOUGH you had already read the reason that most people were voting him.

My view is that you didn't need additional context of a reread to understand the reasons for voting Confid. That is why I said I don't feel like you understood the arguments. You needed a reread and to see other players' reasons for voting before you understood why you wanted to vote. That's what bothers me.

I think that is clear.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ben I mean the huge chunk of it directed at Ecto. What do you think about what VP said about him? Why are you unwilling to vote Ecto?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Benmage »

VP,

This is frustrating so its the last time i'll do this circle. But i said it was peculiar. I wanted ConA on my read of him alone to explain further.

Looking at the other votes, people all voted for the same "peculiar" thing i saw.

Then reading Amish i noticed this:
Amished wrote: It's a sure sign of scum not wanting to vote for somebody (buddy, town, either way works; initially leaning towards town).
I hadn't seen it like this....people read things differently, amish's perspective brought to light this. I liked it. I joined the wagon to speed the interactions of ConA in explaining his peculiarity.

Besides if I had known the votes from the get-go were on ConA for his peculiar statement, I would've voted him on that basis alone in my first post after readin ConA....I wanted to get the info out of him, bottom line...and voting seemed the fastest way to get a response.

And whats happened to ConA sine than....he more or less fell off the radar completely...i bet if we started voting him, he'd come back.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote:Ben I mean the huge chunk of it directed at Ecto. What do you think about what VP said about him? Why are you unwilling to vote Ecto?
VP makes some decent points...a lot of people showed distaste for ecto prior to his shooting. The shot obviously took me off guard. Hence my iso read of him.

VP dismisses the case, for it being after the fact....I dont. In fact i think its more townish as scum would be more careful and try to convince others before acting hastily...at least thats what i think....oh wifom.

No i dont want to vote ecto, just cause his wagon seems popular. VPB is my main suspect, i want to see him lynched.

However i despise inactivity and will vote any of the 4 lurkers.

Note: I clearly wont let the deadline hit without and lynch, and will even hammer if need be in the last few hours. But when is the deadline :?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@ben-fine. I don't really want to argue with you about it anymore anyhow. I'm far less sure about you now than I am about Ecto, which is where my vote is.

I moved on a long time ago and I suggest you do the same.
YOUR AD HERE

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

Benmage wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I dont. In fact i think its more townish as scum would be more careful and try to convince others before acting hastily...at least thats what i think....oh wifom.
so you basically wanted to lynch me earlier even though i was more likely town than scum?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Ectomancer »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote ecto

you're all scummy. his flip should clear some things up. if he's town then both sotty and vpb are scum. if he's scum then someone should shoot me tomorrow before you lynch benmage.

sorry ec, you know i love ya. :)
That's ok, though I think it is foolish ot lynch
anyone
right now with all the absences. Don't kill Confid tomorrow unless alot of killing goes down. I don't think you are barking up a wrong tree necessarily, but conservative on that one at least ok?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In fact, like I said earlier, you really need to just shoot me if you plan to lynch me. At least then the lost will speak before nightfall.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

Ectomancer wrote:
That's ok, though I think it is foolish ot lynch
anyone
right now with all the absences. Don't kill Confid tomorrow unless alot of killing goes down. I don't think you are barking up a wrong tree necessarily, but conservative on that one at least ok?
deal. i wonder if anyone has the balls to hammer early?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
Benmage wrote:I dont. In fact i think its more townish as scum would be more careful and try to convince others before acting hastily...at least thats what i think....oh wifom.
so you basically wanted to lynch me earlier even though i was more likely town than scum?
Explain (quote fixed?)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

Benmage wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
Benmage wrote:I dont. In fact i think its more townish as scum would be more careful and try to convince others before acting hastily...at least thats what i think....oh wifom.
Explain (quote fixed?)
no. you. you wanted me lynched earlier after i shot. according to this logic i was obvtown. we may have covered this already.

why don't you just hammer?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hrmm. Alrighty. I'm the GunSlinger. Really sorry I hit town, but I seriously thought Vi was scum this game.
I've also been tempting you to shoot me because I've also got reason to believe that I'm harder to hit than at least some of you blokes. I figured if you saw some bulletproof you might think townie, but bleh. That just means you will need to lynch me.
But. I'm still counting against scum, if there are 3, then kill me and it will be 3-6 with a nightkill tomorrow and I don't necessarily believe my own line about them not having guns. it could be 3-3 real quick. Keep me around a day. I'll be good. I actually did not plan to shoot tomorrow, as I stated.
You can at least count on my reasoning, and right now the only way I stand any chance is to find scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”