Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:27 am

Post by Mr Finch »

sneaking one in from work...

@Sly - you already have my nominations and having done Meta on Saber I am even more happy with them.

@Saber and Ani - Please answer my question from post 322.
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I still want to know from siro what posts I'm ignoring and what questions I'm not answering.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:36 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Snow_Bunny wrote:while sir is voted due to his number talk, which I find to be a distraction (also, the certainty he uses when putting down scum in numbers is rather odd). There's also a general scum read from him. Many posts, not much content.
Elaborate please

Anyways, I guess I will "lock in" my saber/zwet nom, although im actually not 100% sure I would throw my vote in on saber.

I would really of liked to see something from whoot/Grandi going into a deadline for this since I really was not a big fan of what was going on there, but there is a big space in that spot where content (or lack of without impending replacement) appears in everyone elses. I dont want to go into a "X or Y" situation with too little information, as there are other days. I do prefer a nom of him to about half the players in the game thoug.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Crazy »

One interesting thing about this game is that from any townie's perspective, 6/13 of the other players are scum. That gives a really big margin of error, I say, which should make it easier to scum-hunt.

First, SlySly is HoH; I find him somewhat scummy, but nominating him would be useless today. As well, saberwolf seems to have PoV, but he's not one of my suspects, anyway.

Now despite both Snowbunny and zwet being really scummy, I think these quotes show genuine ignorance of the setup, and thus are a town-tell (not solid, though):
Snowbunny wrote:I vote for saber and siroginous. The first is rather obvious, while sir is voted due to his number talk, which I find to be a distraction
(also, the certainty he uses when putting down scum in numbers is rather odd).

zwet wrote:Scum will obviously pick two town if they're a HoH early in the game.
My first vote will be
Vote: Mr Finch
. Reasons are his OMGUS against Llama for pressuring him into changing his vote, and I don't like this attitude towards saber, either:
Mr Finch wrote:Do you really not care that you are the top of the hitlist? I don't really are if you are sum or not. I want you gone, you are being a pain in the ass. If you are town then you are doing a really bad job of it. If you are scum (which I think you are) then you are just being an ass to your scumbuddies.
My other vote will be a
Vote: animorpherv1
, though it's mainly a gut read and I have to leave in 2 minutes so I can't explain right now.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:01 am

Post by saberwolf »

Mr Finch wrote:

@Sly - you already have my nominations and having done Meta on Saber I am even more happy with them.

This is major LOL

If you truly did do a meta search on me, you definitely would not have said what you said, and you would have posted a lot more.

I'm sticking with my finch vote.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:04 am

Post by saberwolf »

regarding 322:

1. Gut read. Most ppl know that while I almost never try to scumhunt, my gut is fairly accurate.

2. You play anti-town. You aren't concerned with finding scum. The whole time you've claimed you wanted certain people gone, town or scum it doen't matter to you, and you're just looking for majority votes now.

3. Because you're not town
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 am

Post by SensFan »

saberwolf wrote:
Mr Finch wrote:

This is major LOL

If you truly did do a meta search on me, you definitely would not have said what you said, and you would have posted a lot more.

I'm sticking with my finch vote.
A meta search on you is enough to lynch you if the Mod told us you were Town.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mr Finch wrote: Please can someone post EXACTLY why they think I am scum?

Have you ever gotten that feeling that although they are doing the right thing,something just doesn't vibe right? That's it. Your vibe is off.

And sorry I forgot to answer. I never saw it.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 am

Post by farside22 »

pablito replaces Grandi effective immediately.

Also note I have not done a vote count as many are not bold. If you wish me to keep a tab on nominations then bold your nom's for me.
Thanks
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

wait, what are we voting FOR?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Mr Finch »

saberwolf wrote:regarding 322:

1. Gut read. Most ppl know that while I almost never try to scumhunt, my gut is fairly accurate.

2. You play anti-town. You aren't concerned with finding scum. The whole time you've claimed you wanted certain people gone, town or scum it doen't matter to you, and you're just looking for majority votes now.

3. Because you're not town
Your gut is wrong. As is the gut of everyone else that has the "gut feeling" or "vibe". You admit you "almost never try to scumhunt". What the hell is the pount of you playing then? And you accuse me of not trying to hunt scum?

You want to play the meta game then? OK. I read three pages of Open 184 and you posted more in those three pages than you have in this whole game.

You reckon I am not concerned with finding scum? That is absolutely what I am concerned with. Certain people? No, just you. You seem to be playing so many games that you can't concentrate on them. I feel that it is this game that is suffering because of it and I don't like it.

VOTE: Saber and zwet
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Mr Finch »

animorpherv1 wrote:wait, what are we voting FOR?
Wanna go read the rules?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I did. But I stll sort of don't understand why we are voting for POV, if saber already has it?

Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Mr Finch »

We're not. It's nothing to do with POV - we have no control over it. We're nominating two people to evict. HOH (SlySly) has the final decision on which two people to choose but hopefully he will listen to the wants of the house and put up those two people with the most votes.

We then have 7 days to vote which of the two potential evictees will leave the house/game.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Thanks.

I'd like to
vote: zwet
right now for sure.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Nomination votes:

animorpherv1 - (1) crazy
Mr.Finch - (1) crazy
saber - (2) MrFinch, SensFan
zwet - (2) MrFinch, morph
SlySly - (1) Sensfan

Votes are based on what I found in bold only.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by SlySly »

mod: i have the nomination suggestion voting handled. :)
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by pablito »

/confirm

Heh. I replace Grandi. I was happily surprised when I was lurking on the website and managed to see big brother mafia playing, so I signed up for replacement. I always wanted to see how it would be on the other side of things and am grateful that farside decided to tweak and improve the setup and run it. Plus from experience I knew that lots of replacements were needed and I knew I was reading the game anyway.

As such, there's quite a few things that have been missed from perspective for the most part. Mostly inconsequential things that will eventually be seen after the first eviction, but it's helpful to remember these things in this first eviction as well anyway.

The biggest thing is that there are fixed deadlines, and they are not easy deadlines to make - especially if there are lurkers/replacements. They come by quicker than you think. The next thing is that the evictee chooses the next HoH...that's the biggest mechanism of the game. It's a self-correcting mechanism for HoH. Lynched mafia are exposed and still have to choose a power player and send an implicit message about their HoH choice. Townies still have the chance to get townies in power (or consequently the executed townie can get a certain person up by choosing the right HoH). A mafia hoh can't be very conspicuous or else leads will be given. With forced choices being a big part of this game...I'd expect some bussing or in-fighting to occur as a distraction. I could probably speak ad nauseum about the setup and what to expect, but I think what you guys crave most is my opinion on who to nominate, so I'll get to that right now.

nominate: sironigus and snow_bunny

Sironigus is my first suspect. I expect mafia to be more ambitious in trying to control the atmosphere of the game early on. If they can control the voting methods or whatnot, they can help their advantage and look helpful. Thus, Sironigus was the first one to concretely suggest that the HoH not necessarily listen to the town. While others hinted that the HoH should not be a sheep, Sironigus put it into suggestion format. The intent seems good...that Sironigus wants to see the HoHs input without the players running the entire show during that timeperiod, but in honesty, it's tough to be the HoH and not show a single bit of input at the same time. HoH puts you in the public eye more than usual and having the power gives the town the opportunity to test you out. So to suggest a concrete plan that allows the HoH to go against the will of the town (especially right after Mr Finch announced that this is particularly what could lead the town into failure)... I have to see this as suspicious. Furthermore, I'm surprised Mr Finch didn't call Sironigus out so early. Especially if I read this post carefully enough.

When Sironigus is called out for talking about independent thought, then backs off quite quickly into obscurity. Sironigus seems to be laying back so early for thinking that he had a nice little suggestion going on early. Says a lot of words without really having a stance on anything. Also, there's this weird post in which Sironigus asks for clarification on something about lurkers...and it almost reads as if Sironigus is defending against a future allegation that he himself is a lurker.

Snow_Bunny is the other suspect I have at the moment. In the HoH application, she was the only one to admit that she'd throw control to the nomination process. The language that she used when describing how she would try to go against the town if she didn't trust the top two nominations...well it was quite defeatist. I'm just not sensing good vibes about that. Plus I think gut feelings are the most important part about mafia, at least for my game. I tend to view players who put control into external forces (to the point where no control is asserted) as scummy. This language goes to that extent. Others can have the same viewpoint and I will respect the decision, but the language she used goes beyond the threshold for me. I find the language to be scummy.

FOS: anyone who has not nominated saber solely for thinking he has POV
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Did you just FOS yourself? Cause it sure reads that way...
Show

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

strawman...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:09 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@pabs:

I think you just fos'ed yourself. Either wayu, why nominat someone when he has PoV and will just get rid of himself, unless you have PoV, say now.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

pablito wrote: Snow_Bunny is the other suspect I have at the moment. In the HoH application, she was the only one to admit that she'd throw control to the nomination process.
The language that she used when describing how she would try to go against the town if she didn't trust the top two nominations
...well it was quite defeatist. I'm just not sensing good vibes about that. Plus I think gut feelings are the most important part about mafia, at least for my game. I tend to view players who put control into external forces (to the point where no control is asserted) as scummy. This language goes to that extent. Others can have the same viewpoint and I will respect the decision, but the language she used goes beyond the threshold for me. I find the language to be scummy.
Wtf are you talking about? You are nominating me basely solely on language? Please post exactly (quote unquote) what part of my language you don't like?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:33 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Post 323:
PaltryExcuse wrote:I have the veto this week, so if you're worried about Saber having it, you need not do so anymore. I'll post on who I'd like to nominate later.

Question: Is the POV more pro-town or pro-scum?
As it says on the rules of the POV, the current holder chooses who gets it the next week if it isn't used. Do you want someone you find scummy to decide where to have it anyway?
And seriously, saber lightly implied he may have it. I TOLD you all I have it.

@zwet: Who strawmanned who? Elaborate, please.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:21 am

Post by pablito »

I didn't nominate saber because he's not in my top 3 suspects. that's the reason I have for not nominating him. But there's a few people that probably would've nominated him if they didn't think he had pov. hence, the people who solely did not nominate saber because they thought he had pov. I have my other reasons for not nominating saber. I didn't fos people who didn't nominate saber. that'd be stupid to fos everyone who didn't nom saber. I guess I said it in a confusing way.

snow bunny. I can point it out to you later. but I'm about to take a three hour drive. I'll post it later. I love looking at language and yours was clear to me. It implied absolute external locus of control in the hoh application.

Also, I'm glad we finally got it clear that saber never had pov. I'm surprised it took that long.
Sup, later.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Just a reminder to the HOH.

farside22 wrote:
SlySly as current HOH you have 7 days to nominate 2 people you wish to see up for eviction. How you do this is solely up to you.
Please post in bold your nomination by Dec 7th 4:40pm PST
Once you place 2 nominee's in bold you can not change your mind.
Thank you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”