Newbie 855 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I think Kerrigan investigated me or imkingdavid. Everyone else he expressed some sort of suspicion, but yet didn't gun after anyone hard enough to make me think he had a guilty investigation.

I have no way to prove that he investigated me and not IKD though. But he did defend me for me.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Also with the caveat that Kerrigan may have decided to express suspicion on someone he had an Innocent result on, to make it seem like he wasn't a Cop.

Post 350 rules out CthulhuDreams as the person he investigated though. Just read it and you'll see what I mean.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:45 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

I would have expected a push if he had a guilty on day 2 - his meta is not being backwards in coming forward.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Y »

I didn't see that coming. Neither saint nor foilist. Hitting both the doc and the cop two nights in a row? Not good.

Mafia probably knew we had a cop, so they tried to gun him down. I'd expect that from some one with good skill.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

It's not probably, they knew exactly after we lost the doc what we had - because the setup would have given them a mafia roleblocker if there was a cop.

But more importantly - how did you not see lynching foilist coming when you were voting for him?
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Zhero »

Agreed that Kerrigan probably had an innocent result, and based on Day 2, Ald and ikd are the most likely choices. My guess is he investigated ikd after the sudden hammer on Day 1, but that's really just idle speculation.

Don't have a lot of time today, hope to do a re-read tonight or tomorrow.
-Zhero
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Y »

CthulhuDreams wrote:It's not probably, they knew exactly after we lost the doc what we had - because the setup would have given them a mafia roleblocker if there was a cop.
You can never assume they noticed. They might have missed it.
CthulhuDreams wrote:But more importantly - how did you not see lynching foilist coming when you were voting for him?
This is exactly what I was talking about. You are very persistent in understanding something different than other players' intentions.
Of course I saw the lynch coming. I was the one to push it. I was sure he's scum and him being town got me by surprise.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Y wrote:I didn't see that coming. Neither saint nor foilist. Hitting both the doc and the cop two nights in a row? Not good.

Mafia probably knew we had a cop, so they tried to gun him down. I'd expect that from some one with good skill.
So you think I'm scum? Just spit it out if that's what you're trying to say. I'm a terrible PR hunter though. I can give links.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Y »

When I want to say something, I just do.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Yeah, I realised afterward you meant him flipping town - my bad.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Y »

Mod: Can we have a mass prod?
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Yeah, unless we start posting we're just going to get railed
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Sorry -- I've had a lot on my plate lately. I'll try to get to this game on the weekend, if that's okay.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Zhero »

Man, work hit me harder than I thought it would... doesn't seem I've missed much; we need more activity than this here.

Having everyone post a list of reads might be a good starting place, at least to get some information out there.

Y - pushed hard for a mislynch yesterday, and tunnel-visioned somewhat in the process. I have a spotty read on him, he's somewhat dodgy around questions. I'm interested in where he stands now.

Cth - Still a bit iffy about his pushing a YC lynch while laying the groundwork for a foilist lynch Day 1, moreso now that both targets have flipped town.

Soc - Wish there was more to read, especially Day 3. His Cth accusation is long-established, but the addition of Y is unexplained. Further details would be nice.

Ald - Reads fairly pro-town to me. Seems to fade in and out a bit; hopefully he'll have something for us once the weekend hits.
-Zhero
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Socrates »

Sorry I haven't been giving much attention to this game. I'll try to get up a formal case tomorrow.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 am

Post by hohum »

prods going out.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Okay, at the moment I think that the scum are just giggling as we destroy ourselves, so I don't like lurking.
Y - pushed hard for a mislynch yesterday, and tunnel-visioned somewhat in the process. I have a spotty read on him, he's somewhat dodgy around questions. I'm interested in where he stands now.
Not sure what I think - pushed heavily for a kill which while it was a bum kill is an actual gameplay statement.

Soc - Wish there was more to read, especially Day 3. His Cth accusation is long-established, but the addition of Y is unexplained. Further details would be nice.[/quoted]

Fingered me at the start of day 2 then didn't participate further. Didn't even vote - quite heavy lurking. Quite strange as he was totally convinced it was me... why not even try to sell the case?

Zhero himself has much the same behaviour, except less certainty and more participation.
Ald - Reads fairly pro-town to me. Seems to fade in and out a bit; hopefully he'll have something for us once the weekend hits.
Loves one liner posts which probably limits engagement with the game, but has made a series of pertinent remarks and is generally involved in the investigation.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Y »

Now that foilist turned out town, Soc seems much less scum to me.

I'm really confused at the moment and I'm not sure who might be scum, but my top suspect is Ald. He seems to post very little and seems jumpy whenever some one says anything that might be considered as scum accusation against him.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Y wrote:Now that foilist turned out town, Soc seems much less scum to me.
And your reasons for this are?
Y wrote:I'm really confused at the moment and I'm not sure who might be scum, but my top suspect is Ald. He seems to post very little and seems jumpy whenever some one says anything that might be considered as scum accusation against him.
I have posted more than you have. If you mean "quality," then I'd say that while I often post one-liners they're always pertinent to the game. And if you're talking about 428, 432, and 433 then frankly when you mentioned that you thought that someone with experience might be scum, you're directly implicating me since obviously you're not saying that you're scum, so you must mean that me (the SE) is. Who else here is particularly experienced, might I ask? If there isn't anyone else but me and Y, then it's pretty clear that you WERE accusing me in 428, Y.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Oh, and a list of reads? Okay:

Y: I've been having a bad feeling about him all game, but I can't actually find anything really wrong in his posts.

Socrates: I like his posts, but he's also lurking.

Zhero: Like Socrates except I don't like his posts as much. They're less substantial IMO.

CthulhuDreams: I want to see what Socrates is going to say before I commit to a particular read.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Y »

My case against Soc relied on two things:
1. His vote against CD after doing the same thing.
2. The way he seemed to pair with foilist.

The first point was cleared and well explained, the second is null, since foilist isn't scum.

Could you please quote the post were I said "Experienced"? IIRC, I said "Some one with good skill", which could be any one. Experienced or not.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Who do you think has good skill?
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Zhero »

CD wrote: Not sure what I think - pushed heavily for a kill which while it was a bum kill is an actual gameplay statement.
I don't know what you mean by an actual gameplay statement here.. I'm parsing the sentence wrong or something.
CD wrote: Fingered me at the start of day 2 then didn't participate further. Didn't even vote - quite heavy lurking. Quite strange as he was totally convinced it was me... why not even try to sell the case?
He did vote you, right at the start of the day (post 251). He listed some reasoning then, and a bit more in post 336, but I agree that there's not much push. Still very interested to hear what he's got now.
Y wrote: ...and seems jumpy whenever some one says anything that might be considered as scum accusation against him.
Do you have any examples of this other than the recent skill/experience arguement?
-Zhero
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm waiting for Y's reply to 446 and Socrates.

Mod: Prod Socrates and Y
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Y »

CthulhuDreams wrote:Who do you think has good skill?
If I knew, I'd be voting some one already.
Zhero wrote:Do you have any examples of this other than the recent skill/experience arguement?
Y, Post 11 wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:I'm basically an IC filling an SE slot just so you know.
So you're the scum IC then? (Joke. All roles are distributed randomly)
Alduskkel, Post 15 wrote:It's not a very good joke, Y. It doesn't make any sense for you to say that an IC in and SE slot is scum.
A joke has no real sence to it. Why to be deffensive?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”