Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by muh316 »

vote sando

---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 1125):

Sando - 4(Kaiveran, charter, hiphop, muh316)
muh316 - 3(The Inquisition, Empking, peanutman)
crypto - 2(Sando, Kreriov)
Trumpet of Doom - 1(crypto)

Not Voting:Trumpet of Doom, mask man, Pyromaniac

It takes 7 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Sando »

Um, I think you guys are missing the point of my 'crypto did it more than me' posts. His defence of Bigmc is only part of why I find him scummy.

My point with those posts is that charter is looking extremely scummy. He's making an argument against 1 person while ignoring another person who did the same thing or worse. When 2 people do the same thing that is scummy, then if you choose to ignore 1 of them while tunneling another, you look extremely scummy yourself.

I'm attacking charter, not crypto, with those posts.

I'll post more later tonight.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by charter »

I really have nothing more to post until Sando is dead. I guess if Peanutman doesn't bus in his next post, he will all but confirm himself as scum. But even if he does bus Sando, he's probably still scum. There's no need to drag this game out any longer.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by hiphop »

Sando- I believe you don't have a leg to stand on.

Attacking charter is not a good thing, because charter is town.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Scigatt »

A Kaiveran replacement is forthcoming.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by Sando »

So charter thinks going after pom on D1 over bigmc is scummy:
charter wrote: He never got on board day one with bigmc, always preferring Pom
Which he subsequently voted me for.

However, on D1:
charter wrote: I think Pom is actually scummier, but bigmc is a good lynch.
charter wrote: Let's lynch Pom.
charter wrote: Empking, why not vote for Pom?
charter wrote: Let's lynch Pom. Two more votes will do it.
Charter is the person who deliberately leaves the bigmc wagon to pursue pom in post 667, and despite claiming that he wants to lynch bigmc but can’t because the wagon has stopped, when Pyro votes him only 3 posts later, charter stays with the pom lynch who is now ‘actually scummier’. He had a perfect opportunity to go back to the person he claimed to think was scummy, yet avoided it for a pom wagon.

Crypto, well crypto deliberately defends bigmc for the entirety of D1 (see my first post of D3), his ‘vote’ on bigmc is incredibly weak, in fact he states in the same paragraph as his vote that Pom is the obv scum of the game, and that bigmc should ‘humor him’.

Crypto contradicts his own meta read on bigmc:
crypto wrote: As someone who was in BMC's last game with him, I can say that he was much more indecisive then than now.
crypto wrote: and he has shown plenty of trepidation about mistaking newbie town for newbie scum, which is a natural evolution after deliberately lynching newbie town when he was scum last game.
So bigmc is apparently much more decisive in this game but is showing plenty of trepidation…

Early on D2, crypto went very, very hard for WW, despite stating prior to the end of the day that he didn’t really find WW all that scummy, and justify’s it as a policy lynch. A policy lynch less than 24 hours into D2 based on pretty much nothing is incredibly weak.
crypto wrote: Sando, you did not fucking know that Pom was a townie before her flip.
This is a clear scum-slip from crypto. You cannot accuse someone of being scum and then claim that they didn’t know someone was town. Scum know exactly who town is (at least in a single scum team game). The only way that crypto would know that I didn’t know Poms alignment is if crypto is himself scum.
crypto wrote: Where did you say this during day 1?
Can you stop talking to me please? You said you weren’t going to talk to me until the end of D3, and it’s bliss.
Sando post 452 wrote: Bgmc, quite possibly scum, certainly up there
hiphop wrote: Sando- I believe you don't have a leg to stand on.

Attacking charter is not a good thing, because charter is town.
Thank you for your well reasoned approach to this game, kindly get back in your box or post something substantive. Merely bandwagoning with literally no reasoning other than ‘I know that charter is town and even though you’re not voting him, merely questioning him is scummy’ is pretty stupid.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Sando, shut up about how scummy crypto is for the moment. crypto can only be scum if muh is scum.

In fact, I think I'll
Vote: Sando
for continuing to push why crypto is scummy. Pyro's 1022 is a bit worrying (read as
FoS: Pyromaniac
), and I still think we need to lynch hiphop at some point, but Sando's worse.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Kreriov »

Ok, well, I agree with Trumpet.

Unvote

Vote: Sando

At some point I might be willing to entertain the idea that Crypto and muh are scum who cooked all this up. That will be a LOOOOONG time, a few mislynches, and a dead jailkeeper who is not muh first. With no counter claim, I see no reason to disbelieve muh. Which, by definition, makes Crypto town. (I will also point out that a CC fight right now undeniably favors the town, which makes my belief in muh's claim that much stronger.)
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:20 am

Post by charter »

Last chance for scummy people to stock up on town points. I see Trumpet already has. Mask man and Pyro, the window in closing fast.

Pretty sure Sando is L-1, really don't care if he claims, if he claims cop, it will just out the real cop. No need for that to happen. Someone hammer.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 am

Post by peanutman »

Skimmed through the thread just now and I will
unvote
now until I can get a better read with the recent developments. However, there's something in my gut that says that Sando might be onto something regarding Charter. Will take the time to reread this evening and look to confirm this feeling I have or update my reads.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 am

Post by crypto »

I believe Sando is now at L–1. I was going to wait a little, but I'm in
a bloodthirsty
an impatient mood, so I'll hammer if you guys (especially charter) really want it right now.

Scroll past the second line break for why Sando is scum. (The first half of this post is mostly rebuttal to his latest garbage argument.)
Kreriov wrote:(I will also point out that a CC fight right now undeniably favors the town, which makes my belief in muh's claim that much stronger.)
Yup. Scum already have their backs against the wall. We can afford to mislynch one claim and then drill the other the next day.

Sando, bigmc's trepidation about a scummy player simply being a newbie has nothing to do with his overall decisiveness in this game. I went over that a long time ago. My assertion that he was being cautious about his read of A SINGLE PLAYER does not contradict my assertion that he was IN GENERAL playing more decisively than in another game. Stop raising dead points that have already been proven wrong. It's making you look less like a stubborn townie and more like desperate scum. I did have a town read on bigmc for most of day 1, though toward the end it fell back to a null read. It became clear after BMC opportunistically attacked me on day 2 that he was scum, because his arguments were in clear contradiction to earlier posts and, IIRC, to his own past experiences. Changing reads is not a scum tell, as you should know by now.
Sando wrote:This is a clear scum-slip from crypto. You cannot accuse someone of being scum and then claim that they didn’t know someone was town. Scum know exactly who town is (at least in a single scum team game). The only way that crypto would know that I didn’t know Poms alignment is if crypto is himself scum.
What the hell are you talking about? I have not been accusing you of being scum. Use your brain. Read my rebuttals. Lose your stupid argumentation. I've been clinging to a tentative town read on you for a long freaking time. Your persistent sophism is making it more and more difficult. I said you didn't know Pomegranate's alignment because you were trying to use my mislynch of Pomegranate against me, which is supremely idiotic in the first place because townies mislynch ALL THE TIME. If they didn't, scum would NEVER win. Come on, man.
Sando wrote:Can you stop talking to me please? You said you weren’t going to talk to me until the end of D3, and it’s bliss.
If I don't talk to you, you give me crap. If I do talk to you, you give me crap. Make up your mind or replace out or tell the mod to mod-kill me or
something
, please. But yeah, "Bgmc, quite possibly scum, certainly up there" was the only thing you said in favor of him being scum all game, and you spent the rest of day 1 arguing with SerialClergyman over the SC/charter/muh/BMC fiasco. So this one quote looks to me like you basically planted a soft suspicion of BMC for later reference. You gave few or no reasons for BMC being scum, and then you essentially took his side during that debate. Smells like faux scum hunting to me. Oh, and hiphop is right: charter is a blindingly obvious townie.

Okay. I'm now leaning scum on Sando. I thought his stubbornness was a town tell, but his arguments are awful, redundant, ignorant, etc. That's not scummy on its own, but ... well, observe the text wall summarizing Sando's play throughout the game. Fun stuff.

Day 1
  • Announces suspicion of both
    bigmc109
    and
    muh316
  • Gives no reason for suspicion of bigmc
    other than a one-line jab in this post.
    But in the same post he partially excuses bigmc by applying the newbie card.

• Mentions reluctance to lynch bigmc due to bigmc's activity.

• Votes muh because of muh's lurk-lurk-lurk-wagon-wagon pattern of activity. Note that this is a completely legitimate reason to suspect muh.

• Sides against SerialClergyman and charter about
    bigmc
    and
    muh
    . Advocates a muh lynch.
    Opposes a bigmc lynch.
The blue obviously pertains to muh, the red and orange to bigmc. The blue supports a muh scum read. The red supports a bigmc scum read. The orange either opposes a bigmc scum read or expresses indecision about bigmc's alignment or expresses reluctance to lynch bigmc – some form of non-bigmc-scum sentiment. Which certainly isn't scummy
on its own
. The catch, reason the wishy-washy bigmc sentiments are scummy, is that Sando gives hardly any reason for suspecting bigmc, and definitely no reason at all for suspecting him to any major degree. He just throws a soft FOS out there. The baseless bigmc suspicion coupled with the actual distaste for a Sando lynch when things get serious (i.e., when the bigmc-scum sentiment gets popular) spells out faux scum hunting on Sando's part, and, again, implies that Sando was simply laying an egg he could hatch (okay, horrible metaphor) if bigmc did get lynched and flipped scum. Sure enough, when that happened, Sando went back and reminded us that he suspected bigmc, even though in reality he hardly suspected him at all.

Night 1
  • SerialClergyman is killed. (Obvious statement is necessary, sorry.)
  • On day 1, Clergy expressed a sneaking suspicion that Sando was scum, and that suspicion hinged largely on the assumption that bigmc would flip scum. That is to say that Clergy as strongly considering that Sando and bigmc were scum buddies.
  • I had considered before that either bigmc or Sando might have been scum on the basis that they would want to kill Clergy, a major attacker, but scum tend not to be so blatant with their night kills, and it was possible they were setting bigmc up to be mislynched on day 2. However ...
  • Bigmc's motivation is now obvious, but Sando's is more cloak-and-dagger: Sando was worried that Clergy, who knows him in real life, was in the middle of figuring him out. Clergy would be intensely dangerous to keep alive because his knowledge of Sando's character is more intimate than ours – it'd be one thing if he had a town or null read on Sando, but a scum read would make it really, really dangerous. It makes even more sense now that bigmc has flipped scum, because that means bigmc and Sando might actually be teammates, and to have left Clergy alive when he was clamping down on at least two scum out of three would've been a
    huge
    leap of faith.
  • TLDR: Sando and bigmc both had very strong motivation to kill off Clergy early on.
Day 2
  • Sando pursues a case against me. If anything, it's pro-town at first, but (in my opinion) it descends into sophism on many fronts.
  • Really
    weak vote for Kaiveran in between being rabid for my lynch. :lol: Cognitive dissonance, much? That's a
    Fail
    in the scum hunting – pretend scum hunting, that is – department. I actually giggled a little at how silly this was when I saw it while rereading Sando's iso. a minute ago. Townies don't go from being all over one person's lynch to lazily voting for a lurker.
  • I don't know how Sando, town or scum, might think he could maintain such an argument over the long term. Bearing that in mind, and considering that muh's jailkeeper claim is honest ...
Night 2
  • Muh protects me. Nobody dies. That means I was targeted. We've already established this, but just for reference.
  • Going back to day 2. Theoretically, Sando might've been onto something with his attacks on me, but his argument was false, horrible, redundant – all those adjectives I've already used. I struggle with the notion that Sando might really continue to believe his own case, and I can't imagine that he wasn't reaching exhaustion over the whole thing by the end of day 2. He was fighting a losing battle.
  • But more importantly than the above: I got a whole lot of credibility when bigmc flipped scum. It'd be next to impossible to persuade the town that I'm mafia when my case against bigmc proved to be well founded. Freely busing on day 2 when there are four times as many townies as mafiosi is the dumbest maneuver bigmc and I could have concocted if we were scum buddies. There was no need for it at all; the mafia could have effortlessly pursued much easier targets without the con of losing one of their precious few members.
  • So that's a huge point in my favor. The problem for Sando is that I was his only major target during day 2. His case was already weak, and it lost a lot of credibility with bigmc's scum flip. For Sando, the easiest way out
    by far
    would be to night-kill me and wag his tongue on day 3 about his shock that he was so wrong about my alignment, etc., etc.
  • Had the night kill gone through successfully, Sando would be clear of the whole mess, and the kill wouldn't have made him look suspicious because it's generally a stupid move for a mafioso to kill off his top suspect. It's a huge waste of the
    previous
    day's effort, and it means the mafioso has to force himself to do more fake scum hunting the
    next
    day.
  • TLDR: Had Sando targeted someone else at night, he'd be able to get two relatively easy townies killed in rapid succession: first, his night kill target, and second, me. The snag was that between Sando's shitty case and bigmc's scum flip, I was becoming a difficult lynch. Hence the night kill, which would not make Sando suspicious for reasons explained above. The kill was Sando-scum's best course of action.
Day 3
  • Since I'm still alive, Sando is railroaded into dragging on the crypto-scum case. He's also smeared suspicion over to charter.
  • And he's wavered between finding muh scummy and thinking there are scum on muh's wagon. Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha ...
TLDR: There is no TLDR. This post has broken my attention span's back. I'm up for a hammer whenever, though it'd be nice of Sando popped back in to claim some power role that's not even in the setup, or whatever.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:41 am

Post by crypto »

Oh, and that was a really slick OMGUS by peanutman on charter. I mean, really,
reeeaaaally
slick.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Sando »

Fair enough re me, I was pretty exhausted last night and just failed to remember that there was no kill last night and what that meant re JK.

Unvote, Vote: charter

Hiphop has absolved everyone of responsibility for a townies lynch (and this was before I was a retard and missed the obvious), I find this fairly scummy. By the way that statement by me isn't predicated on you believing I'm town, he specifically stated that even if I flip town no blame will be prescribed.

VT btw.

I'm not entirely sure why doing something as stupid as pushing crypto is really all that scummy, but meh, it was pretty stupid, fair cop.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 am

Post by charter »

Crypto, you could have saved yourself a whole lot of time and just posted =======[].

That said, Peanut has dug a nice comfy grave in the plot next to Sando.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 am

Post by crypto »

Day 3, Scene 3

crypto:
I am Ripper ... Tearer ... Slasher ... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength ... and Lust ... and Power!

Sando:
Woe is me! I somehow was so tired I blanked out on muh's claim and the
entire
conversation that ensued, and for some boneheaded reason I didn't even wonder why people were switching their votes from muh to me. Have mercy on me, crypto, my lord, for I am innocent! You are truly a lion among men and I was a fool for daring to oppose you. Also, I am scum.

charter:
Crypto, you could have saved yourself a whole lot of time and just posted =======[].

crypto:
=======[].

Vote: Sando.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 am

Post by crypto »

snarksnarksnarksnarksnark
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by muh316 »

sando confess. You are dead. It matters no more who you are to you.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by crypto »

(Bites off entire fingernail.)
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by muh316 »

ITS KILLING ME! HURRY I WANNA KNOW WHO SANDO IS
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Final D3 Vote count:

Sando - 7(Kaiveran, charter, hiphop, muh316, Trumpet of Doom, Kreriov, crypto)

muh316 - 2(The Inquisition, Empking)
charter - 1(Sando)

Not Voting:mask man, Pyromaniac, peanutman

Sando is lynched D3. He was a Townie.

I'll look into getting replacements I need and then I'll probably give an extended NA deadline.
Last edited by Scigatt on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Scigatt »

dramonic replaces Kaiveran.

The 96-hour NA deadline start now.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Scigatt »

After a long restful night, you get together for a wholesome day of lynching, but you immediately spot the corpse in the middle of town.

After a quick autopsy, you find out it's
muh316, Jailkeeper, killed Night 3.

With 11 players alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch someone. It will take 4 votes to lynch at deadline.
Last edited by Scigatt on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:12 am

Post by hiphop »

Since that lynch didn't go as planned. Let's look at possible scum on sando's wagon. Trumpet of doom, dramonic(kaiveran), and kreriov. We should not let people lurk to end game. We should lynch Trumpet of Doom.
Trumpet of Doom
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 am

Post by mask man »

Morning all. hiphop, you forgot a word in your last post.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:44 am

Post by hiphop »

vote trumpet of doom

Thanks mask man.

Is that all you that you will say?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”