Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

To tracker: I have played many IRL games, but online I am a newbie. This is my first game (altough I have modded a game :P). What about you? How many have you played?

And I would prefer to get a Lynch rather than a no-lynch. We ARE a bloodthirsty mob, afterall :P
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

So many questions... why? why do insist on knowing everyone's opinions on everything?

I never played online, but my favourite role offline was always scum, I liked the power.

My least favourite role was plain townie, I prefered other town-aligned roles because of their powers.

You didn't answer my question from the previous page: what is your mafia experience? How many played, what roles, win/lose?
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

tracker wrote:
CommieX wrote:@Tracker: Just so we're clear:
tracker wrote:just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
Announce your findings.
my "findings" in this case would really not be of much use as we're on page 3 d1, basically what i meant by my "findings" where my thoughts and what i found "interesting" and stored away for future reference, I would prefer to save them for later, but if you and 2 others ask I will reveal them.

Mod: What happened to toonfighter?
Hey, I'm here.

2 people have asked, and I ask too: Show us your findings
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

Me? I have no big findings. I only know what I said in my posts. I suspect a bit of tracker, because of his questioning, and, coincidently (sp?), of CommieX, for his presure on tracker.

About the rest, the waters are still very muddy. Maybe tomorrow they'le be clearer
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

So many accusations...

I know I have been lurking a lot, but I have read the topic. I just don't know what to post.

About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.

About tracker (again):

He said he had a lot of findings, about a lot of people, but he never posted them. He said he could post on Sundays, but nothing yet. Suspicious...

About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...

About Gayle seems townie, and I agree with him on a lot of things he said.
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Toon Fighter wrote:About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.
I think that the quesiton was criticizing IKD, not you. He's mentioning the fact that tracker being late in his response is nothing in compared to a poster who has only posted 4 times and admitting to waiting things out, so to speak.
Maybe. But even then, he is (was) strongly accusing tracker. If IKD seems inclined that way, why not try and convince him further? If IKD is alredy thinking about changing his vote, why not say "I agree, tracker is suspicious. Vote him"? It just seems odd in my opinion.

The fact that tracker's stalling is small compared to my stalling may be true, but that was not the only thing that made him suspicious. It is another thing that makes him suspicious.
Toon Fighter wrote:About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
Secondly, rampant suspect change can be scummy I believe. It makes the poster look as though they are searching for the town-consensus rather than scum (as town should not be afraid of being wrong per se, but afraid of not doing anything). However, a willingness to accept you have the wrong person (open-mindedness) is important.
You're right. But how do we distinguish scum from an "open-minded" townie?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

And the plot thickens...

Now, tracker votes for RPG, while accusing Gayle in his post. A few more contradictions, and RPG seems to have kicked his argument.

What I think, from my newbie prespective, is that IKD and tracker are scum, and IKD threatned to vote tracker to seem less suspicious (and it could trigger another vote or two on him, lynching him). tracker accused IKD for similar reasons, and didn't vote for him for the same reason. [Also, IKD ignored RPG's post completely (possible ninja, looking at the time they were posted)]

About my accusations on CommieX, dunno, just had a hunch, and didn't like his post.

I may be wrong, but...

vote: tracker
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

Tracker is now at L-1, but in his last post he seems very calm, and just trying to create more time. What does that mean? Also, he said he would analyze me and others during the week, but only posted about NCJ so far.

About NCJ, he may casted his vote because of tracker's mistake, but he was alredy attacking him beforehand. His action didn't look suspicious on my opinion.

@Mod: isn't it time for a vote update?
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

The day has been getting slow... With NCJ missing, what can we do? It's useless to keep building cases against him. It didn't bring him bak, and doesn't seem it will.

If you are so certain he is scum, maybe we should be looking into his supposed partner. It likely isn't tracker, as NCJ voted for him when he was at L-2. It likely isn't PE, after the strong arguments between the two (or maybe it IS him, WIFOM). Who is it? RPG? Gayle? Me?

IKD changed suspects again. Just noticing it.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

imkingdavid wrote: 3)
TF wrote:IKD changed suspects again. Just noticing it.
?
I voiced a Finger of Suspicion on Gayle, but my vote is still on NCJ. At what point did I change suspects?
Is it illegal now to have more than one person under your radar? Truthfully, I am suspicious of everyone here, and you should be as well. The fact that I don't have an FoS on everyone just shows that some are more suspicious than others to me.
A vote doesn't tie you to only being suspicious to that person; you can and should look at others at the same time.
About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
(post 115)

After that you removed vote from me, voted NCJ and FoS Gayle.

About 2), I never voted or accused NCJ. Only the rest of the town did. I have nothing against the bandwagon, and that is why I didn't try to refute it, but I have nothing to add aswell.[/quote]
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

New analysis (sp):

PaltryExcuse, tracker, imkingdavid, Gayle, RPG*Twilight (the players who voted for NCJ) are likely innocent, as they could have voted for tracker (who was also at L-1/L-2 for a lot of time). We even got confirmation on RPG, after his death.

Now, the players remaining are CommieX, me and Canada. Logic dictates that one of them is Mafia.

I alredy had suspected CommieX in the early game. Canada just seems to be too absent from the game when NCJ was being accused. So...

Vote: CommieX
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I know about bussing, but if I were mafia, I would support the existing bandwagon against tracker rather than start a new one. It would be a lot easier and I wouldn't lose a scum partner in the process.

When scum sees a player like tracker, seen as a suspect by a lot of the village, and alredy with 3-4 votes, I think they would vote for him.
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I never defended him. In my post, I supposed he was scum (like the rest of the town was thinking) and analised the game from that POV. I posted my thoughts on who might be his scum partner. I, however, wasn't sure we was scum, and that was why I didn't accuse him. I just assumed he was I went on from there. What would the implications be if he were scum?

Also, even if you interpret that post as me defending NCJ, why would I do that if I knew he was scum? I would know that, if he were lynched, he would be outed, and I would be looking suspicious if I defended him (however, this can be seen as WIFOM, and is not a good defense strategy).
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Hey, I'm still here. For now,
unvote

I was on the spotlight a few days ago, but it seems that now the main suspect is HP, or the artist formely known as canada.

I could post my analisys of him, but everything has been said alredy. What I find interesting is that he hasn't really tried to defend himself. Sure, he posted Sun post 243, but he hasn't posted since, and it seems he was just waiting for the fade to go away, or for the village to find another suspect. That kinda seems to have worked, as Gayle got a vote, and PE unvite him (SirPent voted for someone, but we don't really know who).

Maybe he is away (or he has limited acess on workdays), but he seemed so active on his first days in the game... Why did he disapeared?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

To me, SirPent seems just like a newbie Town. Gayle seems town aswell. HP keeps missing.

I agree with PE regarding IKD. That does seems suspicious (more wishy-washy). Why vote Gayle? Tracker's vote seems less relevant, because of everything that happened day 1.

FoS: IKD
FoS: HP

As for votes, that seems a bit unnecessary, as Gayle self-lynched.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

PE, who seemed the only rational person on the Town, was NK. Just before he died, he accused both tracker and IKD.

1) tracker/IKD is Mafia, and killed the person who was most suspicious of him

2) somebody else is Mafia and killed PE to make it look like 1) is true

Now, lets analyze SirPent's move again. He claimed cop, started a bandwagon on Gayle, got him lynched, then confessed he just didn't like Gayle, and finally jumped on PE accusation on tracker and IKD. Yesterday I said that SirPent was likely a newbie Town, but this could all have been just a move to get us to think he was newb. Plus, now we have the confirmation that Gayle was innocent.

If we review the votes in the first day, we will see that CommieX, the player that SirPent replaced, kept on the tracker bandwagon, and, as HP pointed out, was one of the two players (including me) that couldn't have Lynched tracker when they had the chance (as they were alredy voting for him).

Because of the reasons pointed above, I vote:
SirPent
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

vote: SirPent
(the code didn't work on the previous post)
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

How can you (SirPent) guarantee that? Plus, now you made two posts, changed votes with a one-liner when IKD posted. That seems scummy.

You are still my top 1 suspect, and nothing you did today changed that. It even increased with your quick vote change.
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

SirPent wrote:the real cop or doctor should claim at this point
Why? To get killed by the mafia the next night?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

for now,
unvote
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

ikd, say something! Defend yourself! Why did you get so inactive after qax42 accused you? If you were town you would have counterclaimed, so I'm very inclined to believe qax42. Also, you were very active before his accusation, and you never posted afterwards.

I would like to see you defend yourself before I hammer or not... But if you don't post before Monday 23h59, I will hammer you.
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

He can't hammer now, there is only one vote on you.
~Toon fighter~
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

As Nicodemus said, unless something is very weird, either IKD or qax is scum. So, why are we wasting time here not lynching one of them?

Vote: IKD

And, if he flips town, lynch qax tomorrow. This game is basically won.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”