PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

For clarification, if the PoV is used, is the vote count reset?

Yes
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:44 am

Post by farside22 »

coup d'etat clue's

As you go outside the house after the nominations announcement you notice a few things you didn't see out here before.

First laying all on the ground is a big sheet that says
Puzzle 2
along with is:

On the table outside is another paper that says puzzle 1 next to some action figures.

Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:17 am

Post by pablito »

As for reasons stated for nominating kmd. I think the zwet nomination is a null read. I don't think that's enough reason to really link zwet with kmd. I don't think that mafia would be so bold this early on to want to nom a scum partner and hold so fast to it. especially with someone who has quite a bit of attention this early on. While I think that keeping in mind scum partnerships when putting out nomination possibilities is a very smart idea, I think it's too early to do it before anyone has had their role revealed. I can see kmd's reasoning for zwet being hoh. It wasn't ideal situation, but I don't think it was misguided. However, as for the reasons on kmd's thoughts on paltry. Well, kmd has reasons and that's a good thing, but so far I've been having mostly pro-town vibes from paltry. Overall, I'm not so sure that kmd is the best choice for nomination right now.

As for zwet. I can see people's reasons for wanting him up and I can't necessarily disagree. It will put fire underneath zwet.

I don't think sens is helping the town at all, but I think he's had some good points in the past as well. But asking to be replaced clearly puts us at a disadvantage this close to deadline. The timing of it all is a bit hrmph. Not so sure what to think of it in the end. With a replacement, we get a fresh view, but I remember replacements in the first big brother mafia game ended up faring very badly for town because so much weight was put on predecessors' actions in light of deadlines.

I acknowledge Snow_Bunny's responses to my language post, but I'm very dismayed still by Snow_Bunny's contributions to this point. Ditto Sironigous. and to some point zwet as well.

Damn. I didn't read deadlines and was still writing up this post up before nominations were made. Grrr. Ok, new post coming up soon with nominations in mind.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 am

Post by saberwolf »

I don't see the case so much on KMD, so I'll
vote: Sensfan
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

As I said before, I wasn't looking at either of these two for lynching at all. Because of this, I am definitely contemplating using the PoV. One thing that is holding me back, is if the town needs this later, we've lost one use of this. On the other, if scum has it, it doesn't help the town anyways.

@Sly: Who would you put up if I used the veto?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:17 am

Post by saberwolf »

PaltryExcuse wrote:As I said before, I wasn't looking at either of these two for lynching at all. Because of this, I am definitely contemplating using the PoV. One thing that is holding me back, is if the town needs this later, we've lost one use of this. On the other, if scum has it, it doesn't help the town anyways.

@Sly: Who would you put up if I used the veto?

This sounds either really selfish, which is anti-town, or scared scum because he has one or even two of his buddies up for eviction. I'd hazard a guess and say sensfan.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:19 am

Post by SlySly »

PaltryExcuse wrote: @Sly: Who would you put up if I used the veto?
That would depend on which one you took off the block.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

As for Puzzle 1, that's Lego Star Wars, either 1,2 or the Complete Saga. I don't know that part.

Puzzle 2 looks like skinny jeans.

As saber said, I don't see a case on KMD, so I'd vote for Sens. However, I'll wait untill Paltry has decided if he wants to use his HoH. And Crazy, yes it was what I was talking about then.

PM your guess for the coup. One guess per week.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP: It's either 2 or the complete saga.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

saberwolf wrote:This sounds either really selfish, which is anti-town, or scared scum because he has one or even two of his buddies up for eviction. I'd hazard a guess and say sensfan.
This is laughable.
A) I've told Sly and town, in advance, that I'm thinking about it.
B) I've been a firm defender of independent thought in this game, and its importance.
C) Sly was the only one who nom'd kmd, and then he's up. How could you not see that as selfish?
D)
saberwolf wrote:I rather stick to my pursuit of non meta and have you guys lynch me for my scummy behaviour then to generate meta as HoH and be NKed later. I don't give a shit about you guys, it's only about surviving as long as I can on my own for me. Yeah, it's anti-town, I admit it, but then again, I already said I don't give a shit.
Accusing me of selfishness in comparison to this is insane.

This constant guessing about scumbuddies is getting old when we haven't even seen a single flip of scum.
SlySly wrote:That would depend on which one you took off the block.
I'd have to decide which one I felt was less likely scum.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:43 am

Post by SlySly »

PaltryExcuse wrote: I'd have to decide which one I felt was less likely scum.
I think they are both scum. I think you already know which one you want taken off the block. I just think you are delaying revealing which one and I also think I know why.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

PaltryExcuse wrote: This constant guessing about scumbuddies is getting old when we haven't even seen a single flip
of scum.

All flips help in some way.

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

animorpherv1 wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: This constant guessing about scumbuddies is getting old when we haven't even seen a single flip
of scum.
All flips help in some way.
Misinterpretation: of COURSE every flip gives us information. Speculating constantly on scumbuddies should wait until a later point when we do have more information. Scum flips lend much more to who could be scumbuddies as we have a confirmed scum.

I'm thinking of vetoing kmd. I'm getting a pro-town read, despite him pressuring me in particular. He's got the wrong interpretation of my play, but he's got the right way of looking for scum.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

And in case it wasn't obvious, I want both of them off the block. I don't think either of them is scum at this point.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 am

Post by SlySly »

PaltryExcuse wrote: I'm thinking of vetoing kmd. I'm getting a pro-town read, despite him pressuring me in particular.
I'm thinking saber might be on to something. kmd's pressure could likely be distancing and your desire to veto could be wanting to take your scumbuddy off the block.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:03 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Please explain one thing to me:
kmd is scum because of his relationship to zwet. Therefore zwet and kmd are scum.
Llama and kmd have a connection, making Llama scum.
kmd attacks me, I show an interest in using the veto on him: I am scum.
That's 4 scum on one team.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am

Post by farside22 »

The diary room:
Saberwolf: This should come to no surprise my vote is for sensfan.

Nominee's SensFan/Kmd vote count:

Sens (1) saberwolf
Kmd (0)

Votes due December 14th, 8:40am PST.

Note: Diary room comments are just flavor for the game
Last edited by farside22 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 am

Post by SlySly »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Please explain one thing to me:
kmd is scum because of his relationship to zwet. Therefore zwet and kmd are scum.
Llama seemed protown to me other than his bogus reason for supporting kmd. Now, you wanting to take kmd off the block makes me think maybe I was wrong about Llama and you are the 3rd scum on the team. That would also make sense of kmd trying to distance from you. You shouldn't have showed your ace in the hole. No one was onboard with my kmd pick and no one was going to support it. You showing nervousness about him being there and wanting to use 1 of the 2 possible POV's in this game on him, is giving weight to my theory.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SlySly wrote:Llama seemed protown to me other than his bogus reason for supporting kmd. Now, you wanting to take kmd off the block makes me think maybe I was wrong about Llama and you are the 3rd scum on the team. That would also make sense of kmd trying to distance from you. You shouldn't have showed your ace in the hole. No one was onboard with my kmd pick and no one was going to support it. You showing nervousness about him being there and wanting to use 1 of the 2 possible POV's in this game on him, is giving weight to my theory.
Or it is the much simpler reason of: I think you are wrong. I think this is town vs. town. And I put myself on the line to prove it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sly wrote: You seem to think that everything is going to work out perfect for the town every step of the way and that making scum acting players pay for their actions is going to be as easy as it is in any old regular game of mafia. I don't see it that way.
The first part about everything being perfect, no. The part about making scummy players pay, yes. It's not always easy, but it can be done. The only way seemingly protown players are evicted is if the HOH nominates them which puts a target on the HOH's back. Just sayin'.
Sly wrote:If Llama is scum, the connection I sense is a point against you. Obviously if Llama flips town, that wouldn't be a point against you and I would have to reevaluate my position.
Thanks for proving my point I guess?
Sly wrote:The problem with your position is that it relies too much on everything working out perfectly every step of the way. I can only see scum trying to convince the town that it will work out so well.
No, my position of pushing scummy players as scummy doesn't rely on anything. It's just how mafia works.
Snow_Bunny wrote:I actually don't find Sens' request for replacement scummy. More like a childish attitude, but that's all. Why, I have found myself in that exact position in the past (though I never requested a replacement), and I can sort of understand that.
^This. I've seen Sens do this as town (Yaw's large normal) and scum (my Twilight game). Honestly, this is more similar to what he did as scum, but in Yaw's game, he did do something like this as town.
SlySly wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Reminder to the HOH. Looking for a replacement for Sens
farside22 wrote:

Please post in bold your nomination by Dec 7th 4:40pm PST
Once you place 2 nominee's in bold you can not change your mind.
Thank you.
Oh crap. Time snuck up on me...

nominate: kmd

nominate: Sens

zwet and saber are easy enough targets for the next HoH. kmd is the person I feel is the craftiest scum, so I want to put him up against someone that I feel gives him the best shot at being evicted.
:roll:
PaltryExcuse wrote:Please explain one thing to me:
This is my issue with Sly. The points against me rely on other people being scum. If Zwet, Llama, and Paltry are town, the only point Sly has is that I play well as scum which is a BS point and makes me more of a policy lynch than anything.

--------------------------

Who does everyone want as the next HOH? I'm not going to just take who everyone says, but I want input. I'm leaning Snow-Bunny.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'd like to, but I doubt I'll get that, so I would like to say Llama.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Why me, Kmd?

Bit busy now, will post something useful later, when I have time.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:44 am

Post by saberwolf »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
saberwolf wrote:This sounds either really selfish, which is anti-town, or scared scum because he has one or even two of his buddies up for eviction. I'd hazard a guess and say sensfan.
This is laughable.
A) I've told Sly and town, in advance, that I'm thinking about it.
B) I've been a firm defender of independent thought in this game, and its importance.
C) Sly was the only one who nom'd kmd, and then he's up. How could you not see that as selfish?
D)
saberwolf wrote:I rather stick to my pursuit of non meta and have you guys lynch me for my scummy behaviour then to generate meta as HoH and be NKed later. I don't give a shit about you guys, it's only about surviving as long as I can on my own for me. Yeah, it's anti-town, I admit it, but then again, I already said I don't give a shit.
Accusing me of selfishness in comparison to this is insane.

This constant guessing about scumbuddies is getting old when we haven't even seen a single flip of scum.
SlySly wrote:That would depend on which one you took off the block.
I'd have to decide which one I felt was less likely scum.
of course I'm a hypocrite, otherwise I wouldn't be maintaining my anti-town behaviour :P
Show

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Why me, Kmd?

Bit busy now, will post something useful later, when I have time.
Because I have no idea who you'd nominate, so it would force you to either pick two players or let the town guide you. Either way, it helps town get a read on you.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I'm surprised and angered I wasn't chosen.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”