Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by CSL »

foilest, he claimed.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Mcgriddle has already claimed townie. I'm thinking if I should hammer.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by CSL »

Jack, even though deadline isn't until 5 days until Christmas, but we are just going to keep getting nowhere if we keep letting him appear more scummy. Sorry, McGriddle, you have potential, so keep playing more games. ;)
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Jackabomb straps Mcgriddle into a random chair with strange wires. "This is an electric chair. Don't aske where I got it. Our corrupt town hall buys some strange things with our tax money. Hope you had a nice life"

Vote: McGriddle
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by CSL »

That's hammer. McGriddle, I hope you had fun at this game. Technically, you are out of this game, so go ahead and sign up for another!
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by cades »

CSL wrote:Cades, please please PLEASE get an avatar...
it is the blank one, don't you see it :wink:
and anyway, to McG, I'm not an expert, but it doesn't matter how experienced you are, there is no way to not sound scummy. there isn't a secret code, unless you don't talk at all, as you notice, the people who haven't posted, haven't got voted.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

The only way to sound notscum is to sound town. It's fairly simple and you get the hang of it after a while. I must say, this game has had, so far, some of the quickest wagons and by far the quickest D1 I've ever seen.

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Okay, now that I am hammered I feel it is only fair to tell you that I really AM a townie, and you just made a mistake :) good job everyone.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by CSL »

Well, mistakes happen. I got lynched in 824, because I acted very much the same you did, McGriddle.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I don't really think this makes any member of the wagon scummier or less so. All the reasons people used on this wagon were rather valid, despite his town-ness.

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Twilight, whoop! I think it has become abundantly clear that the mod is the scum and we should lynch him imediately.

Sorry you got lynched McGriddle. I went down pretty quick on day two of my first game. My friend then joined the sight and won as scum against albert b. Rampage, which of course did wonders for my confidence.

See you next time mate.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Vote: Zorblag

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Vote: Zorblag
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

I don't like the way the hammer happened at all. CSL and Jackabomb were way too eager for my taste. I don't like their interactions at all. CSL #109 puts at L-1 and demands a claim, Jackabomb #121 after the claim asking if he should hammer, CSL giving him permission in #123, and then the hammer in #128. All this happened while foilist wasn't aware that there had been a claim, and at a time when it was in the middle of the night for both Dimaba and me. Neither of the early voters had posted since before Cades put McGriddle at L-2. I'm not liking the play there at all. If McGriddle is indeed town, at least one of Jack and CSL is scum.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, I appear to have been missing. My apologies but the good news is that I'm found again now. Let me look at the votes get caught up. If you're in twilight it will end shortly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

McGriddle: 5: MichelSableheart (10), dimaba (11), cades (18), CSL (19), Jackabomb (20)
dimaba: 1: brother (14)
Cades: 1: McGriddle (17)

Not Voting: Crimmy, foilist13

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

McGriddle, townie
is lynched day one.

It is now Night One. Deadline for submitting night actions is 4:00 PM EST/1:00 PM PST on Monday, December 7, 2009.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Zorblag »

Night One has now ended.

brother, townie
was killed night one.

It is now day two.

Vote count 2.0

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not Voting: cades, Crimmy, CSL, dimaba, foilist13, Jackabomb, MichelSableheart

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST on Monday, December 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 am

Post by CSL »

Jack, I didn't tell you to hammer, I said if you wanted to. Since you obv did.
FoS: Jackabomb
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Crimmy »

Wait, wait, wait.
First of all, both CSL and Jack were too eager to go for the kill.
I said I wanted to go easy BECAUSE I needed to think, and I wanted others to think as well. The deadline was Dec. 20, so why rush it?

Also, your text said "if you wish...". But the context indicates you gave Jack
permission
to hammer. Also, you specifically waited until Michel, Foilist and myself were off to go for the kill, forcing the twilight to start.

And now you're trying to save your own rear by throwing Jack in front of the bus?

Both you AND Jack are fingered.

FoS: Jackabomb and CSL
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

Post by foilist13 »

@CSL - You sir are a hypocrite.

I'm going to do a bit of rereading, and come out with my day two opinions.

Right now I'm wondering why Brother was killed, since he only posted maybe three times, and was solely concerned with Dimaba. This makes Dimaba look scummy in my eyes, as he could easily be scum trying to protect himself. Or maybe the scum did it to throw us that way, or maybe Dimaba did it to make us think the scum was trying to throw us that way, or maybe the scum did it to try and make us think Dimaba did it to try and make it look like the scum did it to make it look like Dimaba did it to throw us that way.

Oh my God, it's WIFOM.

Anyways, yeah, I'm going to do some rereading.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by dimaba »

foilist13 wrote:Right now I'm wondering why Brother was killed, since he only posted maybe three times, and was solely concerned with Dimaba. This makes Dimaba look scummy in my eyes, as he could easily be scum trying to protect himself. Or maybe the scum did it to throw us that way, or maybe Dimaba did it to make us think the scum was trying to throw us that way, or maybe the scum did it to try and make us think Dimaba did it to try and make it look like the scum did it to make it look like Dimaba did it to throw us that way.
:lol: Ah, the endless circle of blame...

Anyway, if I may defend myself... From what I have read the general response after my debate with brother was that we were most likely two townies going at eachother. In other words, brother's arguments against me didn't put me at risk of a lynch. I have no reason to suspect that he would have been able to put me in that position on day 2, so I don't see why I would have felt a need to kill the guy.

Also off to do some re-reading, now that I've finally got some time for it.
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Crimmy »

The problem, good sirs, is that you're looking at dimaba, who has stayed low for quite a while, and looking away from CSL and Jackabomb.

Sure, if you wanna go for dimaba, you've got an enormous WIFOM. I'm still thinking we should worry about Jack and CSL. They were too eager to end the day, one of the two is now being contradictory, and apparently, the other follows the first's orders.

Now, I hope you won't hate me for this, but I beg of all of you to WAIT, and I mean
WAIT
until at least the 27th to post your votes. Otherwise, this will happen again.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by CSL »

Crimmy, I made a mistake I never seem to get off of. I will indeed wait until the 27th to vote.

But, Crimmy, begging is scummy. If you said ask, instead of beg, it wouldn't look as scummy.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Crimmy »

[quote="CSL"]Crimmy, I made a mistake I never seem to get off of. I will indeed wait until the 27th to vote.

But, Crimmy,
begging is scummy
. If you said ask, instead of beg, it wouldn't look as scummy.[/quote

I'm sorry, what?

I can just sense it. You're trying to take the heat off from yourself by throwing (if you'll excuse me) stupid accusations at me. This does indeed reek of scumminess, since you just made a completely illogical and random post to make me look guilty.
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Crimmy »

EBWOP:
I deleted a "]" thing. (I don't know what it's called.)
Here's what I meant to say:
CSL wrote:Crimmy, I made a mistake I never seem to get off of. I will indeed wait until the 27th to vote.

But, Crimmy,
begging is scummy
. If you said ask, instead of beg, it wouldn't look as scummy.
THAT is scummy?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”