Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 am

Post by farside22 »

The Oranges and Lemons Vote count

Hewitt - ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger - Hewitt, Farside22, Scien

Not Voting: Nikanor, Maemuki, ODDin, XofElf. Benmage

Lots of love
Haylxxx

Apparently I skimmed post. i had my case pushed aside as weak and EB is a hypocrite for saying I skimmed when many a player has posted a case on EB.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Also, apparently your best response to my refuting your arguments is sarcasm and herd mentality.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 am

Post by farside22 »

ElectricBadger wrote:Also, apparently your best response to my refuting your arguments is sarcasm and herd mentality.
Where is your defense of the others who brougth a case against you?
Right you skimmed it and demanded others bring things to your attention
Hypocrital and snarky was all I saw of your defense from what I wrote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

I think we're waiting on ODDin/Xofelf/Mae to bring anything to the table...

And maybe a vote from Nik.

EB should be L-2...i unvoted cause i really want to hear from ODDin. After that i'm ready to let him hang even without the other 2. Not sure whens Mae's V/La is up...and still nothing from Xofelf....terrrrrible.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:40 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Hypocritical? I think there's a wee difference between missing some points towards me on a skim and asking for them to be pointed out and trying to lynch someone without bothering to examine the case.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

ElectricBadger wrote:Hypocritical? I think there's a wee difference between missing some points towards me on a skim and asking for them to be pointed out and trying to lynch someone without bothering to examine the case.
I honestly don't feel you read my case. You call it skimming and I feel your just ignoring the points you can't answer and admitting to the one thing you cant' deny.
At this point you could have gone back to read both ben and scien's case against you and it seems your just stalling.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Okay, so now to give reasons for my list. I think I'm better at finding town than at finding scum. Seriously. :S

Maemuki:
Mae has been giving me the inquisitive townie vibe all game. This is mostly a gut read, but I'll put enough stock into it to call Maemuki town.

hewitt:
I was a bit suspicious of hewitt until just recently, to be honest. The thing that changed my mind about hewitt is his recent frustration. It looks pretty genuine to me, and frustration is a towntell. This is only a borderline town read, though.

Benmage:
His predecessors have given me no reason to suspect him, and Benmage himself has given me nothing but reasons to think of him as town. I get a solid town read from Benmage.

Scien:
Scien is looking like exasperated town to me at the moment. He's being tunneled on by farside, who seems determined to get Scien in the noose no matter what he says. Scien recent arguments (I skimmed through them) are looking pretty similar to the ones in another game I was in with him in which he was town. Town read.

farside:
farside simply can't stop tunneling on Scien. She keeps hammering him over nothing, waiting for him to say something that can be interpreted as scummy, then looking town when she calls him scummy over it. Scummy.

ElectricBadger:
I don't really know what's so scummy about this guy (aside from lurking and the LaL hypocrisy). Since his lurking is scummy and since people I think are town seem to hate him so much, I'd be willing to lynch this guy.

ODDin:
Again, other than recent lurking when asked questions, I don't see what's so scummy about him, but I'll go with Benmage's intuition here and put him down as scum.

xofelf:
Lurker, etc. Really just scum by process of elimination, but the lurking certainly isn't helping her case.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:13 am

Post by farside22 »

farside: farside simply can't stop tunneling on Scien. She keeps hammering him over nothing, waiting for him to say something that can be interpreted as scummy, then looking town when she calls him scummy over it. Scummy.
Some of this is just WIFOM. Your making it sound like I'm waiting for him to trip up. When I pointed out his backtracking people just go meh to it what more can be said? He argues, I agrue back. I found 2 times he back tracked statement I find that scummy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Benmage »

I think the list was pretty strong and a decent stance from his PoV. I dont agree with everything. I do however enjoy some of the support.

Uhm for more concrete things on ODDin. There is what a appears to be a double standard between himself and farside as as well as obvious statements by Scien that he blatantly ignores, after condemning Mae for not being able to read everything.....Now there's this out of the blue lurkerness once some pressure is applied to him. (i understand rl...but wow was this timing "convenient"). I think he comes back thursday or friday....so we twiddle our thumbs till saturday.

@MOD
Xofelf whats the deal?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Benmage wrote:Uhm for more concrete things on ODDin. There is what a appears to be a double standard between himself and farside as as well as obvious statements by Scien that he blatantly ignores, after condemning Mae for not being able to read everything.....Now there's this out of the blue lurkerness once some pressure is applied to him. (i understand rl...but wow was this timing "convenient"). I think he comes back thursday or friday....so we twiddle our thumbs till saturday.
I saw Oddin online today. :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 am

Post by farside22 »

*added note: Oddin is responding to his other game all day today and ignoring us.
Any thoughts on this?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Meh, he said he'd be trying to read bits and pieces...so if hes trying to stay caught up, good. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and even wait till Saturday so if he didnt have time to catchup he will...after that..we give him hell :twisted: .
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Benmage »

farside22 wrote:*added note: Oddin is responding to his other game all day today and ignoring us.
Any thoughts on this?
Oh word..i'll look at that..thats dick
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Benmage wrote:Meh, he said he'd be trying to read bits and pieces...so if hes trying to stay caught up, good. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and even wait till Saturday so if he didnt have time to catchup he will...after that..we give him hell :twisted: .
I would too had I not noticed he was active in his other game and responding there.
It's lurkerish especially as he's being questions and grilled but ignoring it all. I'm not overly fond of people asking for a possible replacement because they are not as active just leaves a bad taste.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:54 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Aside from the fact I disagree with several of your picks, Nik, I'm more than a little astonished that three of your four scum are only there by elimination or on the word of others. Not sure how you can have such solid town reads in a game where not a single scum has died, and yet you're apparently willing to carry out a fairly critical lynch without any of your own reasoning.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Benmage »

farside22 wrote:
Benmage wrote:Meh, he said he'd be trying to read bits and pieces...so if hes trying to stay caught up, good. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and even wait till Saturday so if he didnt have time to catchup he will...after that..we give him hell :twisted: .
I would too had I not noticed he was active in his other game and responding there.
It's lurkerish especially as he's being questions and grilled but ignoring it all. I'm not overly fond of people asking for a possible replacement because they are not as active just leaves a bad taste.
Ya grrrr....i dont want to tip toe on the lines and rules of mentioning other games....but maybe others should simply lookup Oddin on search and do their own research.

Lets just say hes tomorrows lynch, just based of the disrespect for this game, and the
purposeful
disregard to post in this game.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:Aside from the fact I disagree with several of your picks, Nik, I'm more than a little astonished that three of your four scum are only there by elimination or on the word of others. Not sure how you can have such solid town reads in a game where not a single scum has died, and yet you're apparently willing to carry out a fairly critical lynch without any of your own reasoning.
He's actually not voting you. But I agree, he should be.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 am

Post by hewitt »

ElectricBadger wrote:Aside from the fact I disagree with several of your picks, Nik, I'm more than a little astonished that three of your four scum are only there by elimination or on the word of others. Not sure how you can have such solid town reads in a game where not a single scum has died, and yet you're apparently willing to carry out a fairly critical lynch without any of your own reasoning.
I completely agree with this. That analysis was totally lackluster and quite frankly, kind of scummy. It's completely unhelpful too. You're going off all our work basically.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Benmage wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Ya grrrr....i dont want to tip toe on the lines and rules of mentioning other games....but maybe others should simply lookup Oddin on search and do their own research.

Lets just say hes tomorrows lynch, just based of the disrespect for this game, and the
purposeful
disregard to post in this game.
Yes doing a profile search does wonders when noticing real lurkers and not just people that are not here. :lol:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
hewitt:
I was a bit suspicious of hewitt until just recently, to be honest. The thing that changed my mind about hewitt is his recent frustration. It looks pretty genuine to me, and frustration is a towntell. This is only a borderline town read, though.
This is news to me. Everyone says it's typically AtE, but whatever.
As for the rest of your post I didn't find one thing in which you say why you find X player scummy. It is indeed a process of elimination but nothing in your post points to why player X is town vs why player Y is scum.
The only 2 people you seem to have a point on was me and scien.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Benmage »

Whats wrong with some of Nik's read...sure they're repetitive reads, but that doesnt fault them...especially when its coming from someone whose catching up in the game.

The Scien/Farside read is relatively standard(save differing town/scum opinions)

The Mae read was actually quite different, but seems to be more a gut read of his.

He lists the quick points against EB. So....

His reasons against ODDin are most strong! :P not really...but still i already re-highlighted for him.

Has everyone even made the player analysis i asked for?

Has EB?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Benmage wrote:I think the list was pretty strong and a decent stance from his PoV.
What was strong about it? It's filled with gut reads and suspicions without evidence.
Benmage wrote:Whats wrong with some of Nik's read...

He also dismisses them as evidence, but states he's willing to lynch just based on the opinions of others, which is horrid at any point but especially when town barely outnumbers scum. Pure distancing.
Benmage wrote:Has everyone even made the player analysis i asked for?

Has EB?
Hmm? What did you want analyzed?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:I think the list was pretty strong and a decent stance from his PoV.
What was strong about it? It's filled with gut reads and suspicions without evidence.
The player analysis werent meant to give evidence but rather illustrate stances, and in that sense i think he did so effectively...thus i used "strong" and his "PoV".
ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:Whats wrong with some of Nik's read...

He also dismisses them as evidence, but states he's willing to lynch just based on the opinions of others, which is horrid at any point but especially when town barely outnumbers scum. Pure distancing.
He doesn't dismiss them. He uses the word 'aside'...that means he recognizes those as scummy behavior, but i guess not enough on their own...but he still suggests hes for the lynch based off those supporting it...which is viable. Note he isnt voting.
ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:Has everyone even made the player analysis i asked for?

Has EB?
Hmm? What did you want analyzed?
A player analysis. A quick overview, or opinion on all the living players in the game. So we can read where you stand. It doesn't need to be concrete or evidenced backed. Just something brief we can see and understand and maybe spur discussion/inquiry after wards.

Like what i did, what Scien did..what Nik just did...sorta what farside did.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 am

Post by farside22 »

I just gave a short brief on the 4 I find the scummiest. I started the longer one but keeping things brief doesnt' seem to be in my nature.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Benmage »

farside22 wrote:I just gave a short brief on the 4 I find the scummiest. I started the longer one but keeping things brief doesnt' seem to be in my nature.
so it seems :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”