Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Iguana wrote:Actually I have Grimmy as town and lean Krei town.
The second group there I would be happy with a lynch of Toro, Nik and hohum, in that order. Would bet the game on those three lynches hitting at least one scum.
Why on Grim and Krer?

Why does yabba take precedence (although I'm mightly concerned with that post being TODAY instead of information last night :tinfoil:) over a 1/3 shot at the worst for scum?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Riddled with bullt wounds doesn't really imply a multiple, but I take your point on the singular side with the WWI veteran.

On the other hand, if the mod is applying individual flavours to each mafioso, then the singular just implies it was a singular mafioso that is doing the kill.

I have a better understanding of your point, but feel that having different flavour for the one person role is very unlikely, and I think that my suggestion that strangle/choked is mafia makes a lot more sense.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think we're gonna digress far more than I'd like because I think you're town misreading this implication but choked to death and strangled to death REALLY sound like the same kill flavor altered slightly. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Iguana »

SpyreX wrote:
Iguana wrote:Actually I have Grimmy as town and lean Krei town.
The second group there I would be happy with a lynch of Toro, Nik and hohum, in that order. Would bet the game on those three lynches hitting at least one scum.
Why on Grim and Krer?
Grimmy I have gone over. He looks really town to me so far in this game, even with hardly any content. I just cant really explain it good. Kre doesnt fit too well with anyone I think is scum, so I am going to bank on SOME of my scum reads being right making him town. However almost the entire wagon on him WAS town so I dunno as much since I thought it was mostly still living players when I wrote that.
Why does yabba take precedence (although I'm mightly concerned with that post being TODAY instead of information last night :tinfoil:) over a 1/3 shot at the worst for scum?
I think yabba is the best bet I can explain in an acceptable manner. If I could just open fire, I would pass him up for super gut Toro without question. Im going to go with what I can get done safely today, although if people are down for a Toro lynch im not even going to hesitate to go along.

Obviously the SCl lynch is still stupid. SCg should really move his vote.

Standard stuff says Shot-Scum Strangle-SK, not important either way though.
Sheep in wolves clothing
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Wheeeeeeeeee.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:48 am

Post by yabbaguy »

although I'm mightly concerned with that post being TODAY instead of information last night
I have an idea... but what do you make of this? Also curious to hear what you have on Grim/Krer.

Not sure what to make of Iguana's vote on me, actually. Iguana, your last points on me were quite a few posts ago if I read them correctly, so I'm not sure what you're basing it off of.
Nikanor wrote:Wheeeeeeeeee.
The worst counterargument is a lack thereof.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Kreriov »

Is is just me or does the whole SK flavor is shooting/suffocating argument between SpyreX and Serial just a bit over the top? I certainly suspected both yesterday and now maybe I am reading to much into it, but I just feel it is a staged argument to appear active and participating while really not doing much but interjecting a bunch of WIFOM into our thought processes.

Well, even though Serial hammered, I agreed with him and wanted Sabre hammered. I cannot really fault Serial for it. (Oh, and Yabba, I guess I was a bit rambling. Here is the short form. I thought Sabre made a mistake then tried to cover it up by claiming it was a gambit. At the time, I felt it was so stupid it couldn't possibly have been planned and THAT was one reason why I thought he was trying to cover up a mistake. I guess it was just plain stupid.)

Anyway, I still think that SpyreX jumping on Sabre's wagon was scum taking advantage of an easy opportunity. He might have been 'convinced' by later arguments, but that initial move seemed pretty scummy to me.

Vote: SpyreX
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Iguana »

Nikanor wrote:Wheeeeeeeeee.
Weeeee need you to vote or make a case. I would suggest bussing Toro or Yabba.
Sheep in wolves clothing
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Combined forces of new job and university pretty much drained 99% of my time and strength to write and contribute here. I'll try to actually be useful the first moment I'll have some free time and energy to play this game, which should be tomorrow (hopefully).
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What about MY initial move was so scummy there Krer?

Unvote, Vote: Nik

Weeeeee
Show

Proud member of BaM
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Vote Count 20:

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Nikanor - (2) yabbaguy, SpyreX
yabbaguy - (1) Iguana
SerialClergyman - (1) StrangerCoug
SpyreX - (1) Kreriov

Not Voting (9) –
Nikanor, Col.Cathart, Grimmy, SerialClergyman, Head_Honcho, skitzer, hohum, Toro, Blastinus

Notes:

* Searching for replacement for Blastinus and Toro.
* Deadline for the end of Day Three is on Tuesday, December 22 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Iguana wrote:Obviously the SCl lynch is still stupid. SCg should really move his vote.
Hey, Iguana, are you actually going to scumhunt, or are you just going to keep saying stuff without backing it up? You've posted little to no reasoning for your thoughts today.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Can I just point Kreriov that it's spelt "saber", not "sabre"?

Iguana claimed she's explained to Coug, but I still don't think that's the case.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Interestingly, the actual item itself can be spelt sabre or saber. I would normally spell it sabre and I feel that's more classically correct than (I think) the Americanised 'saber' - much like meter and metre. But since you're using his name, it's probably better to use his spelling.

Now that the pansy grammar discussion is out of the way, it's time to play what SC calls BALLS OUT MAFIA.

That's when you stop pissing about and put your minimals on the line.

We have had two lynches on your standard lynchbait players. Everybody has patted themselves on the back and commisserated about the town's luck, and told each other why they had to happen. And there's a metric fuckton of scum amongst that crowd, cackling because they now have 6 town players down without so much as a juicy competing wagon or claim for the town to analyse.

And now there's a limpwristed push towards lurkers? Or Nikanor, the third incarnation of the lynchbait anti-town player? (despite the fact he is acting against my town meta of him).

Bugger that. Balls out mafia time. We are not getting steered into another 'what if' lynch of an anti-townish player that may or may not being mafia. We are going to psyche up, come to play and rock the kasbah, and we're going to do it by lynching StrangerCoug.

His previous incarnations were scummy, he's been scummy. He had the time to attack me yesterday and didn't. I gave this response to him afterh e asked why I hammered
Fair question, but the answers are through my posts.

A. He remained acting like an idiot and asking people to lynch him rather than posting anything of worth.
B. The mod denied a replacement request.
C. No other viable wagon looked possible.
D. His alignment being confirmed will hopefully get some backing to my theories.
It was three minutes after he posted.

He's now sayign that he was at work and needed to think about it, and it was only the next day that he decided I was scummy.

That's rubbish. A much more likely outcome is that he waited till night, his scumbuddies wanted to take out the likely SK so he thought he'd come out swinging to try to pre-empt any issue.

The full case on him that I posted is here: viewtopic.php?p=1986420#1986420

So enough is enough. I'm not defending lurking, I'm not even defending anyone specifically, because the town is fractured and so busy getting steered towards lynchbait and lurkers and the like they don't know which way is up. It's time to get a good old fashoined solid wagon up, and SCoug is as good as any.

Get it done. Balls out mafia.

Spy - if you join I'll waive your 10 bucks.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Color me interestedish.

Got some bullet points for a brotha?
Show

Proud member of BaM
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:11 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Fair question, but the answers are through my posts.

A. He remained acting like an idiot and asking people to lynch him rather than posting anything of worth.
B. The mod denied a replacement request.
C. No other viable wagon looked possible.
D. His alignment being confirmed will hopefully get some backing to my theories.
It was three minutes after he posted.

He's now sayign that he was at work and needed to think about it, and it was only the next day that he decided I was scummy.

That's rubbish. A much more likely outcome is that he waited till night, his scumbuddies wanted to take out the likely SK so he thought he'd come out swinging to try to pre-empt any issue.
I don't lie about my schedule. I try to be in bed by 8:00 PM MST, my alarm goes off at 4:30 AM, my workday assuming no overtime is from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and I don't get on from work. Calculate how much time that gives me before accusing me of waiting for it to be night.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

SerialClergyman wrote:

This part really rubs me the wrong way. Its stretching and I dont buy it, but i am not placing a vote because i still want to check out...
The full case on him that I posted is here: viewtopic.php?p=1986420#1986420
More thoughts next time, but that really jumped out at me when i checked in this morning.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Kreriov »

@SpyreX - Well, lets see, for about 10 pages of the game you were all over MS. You were convinced he was the SK. (Oops, your bad, right?) Then when Sabre pulls his crap, this is all you have to say when you hop on his wagon.
SpyreX wrote:... did he just scumclaim and vote himself?

Unvote, Vote: Saber

Note: I'd still prefer to lynch Sable the SK, but.
Weaksauce.

Now, I will admit I found MS being killed by the SK (and yes, it think him being suffocated was the SK kill) was weird. Why would the SK kill the guy many already thought was the SK? I only bring this up because I am afraid the answer might be that YOU are the SK trying to take the heat of of YOU. Either way, SK or scum, your vote on Sabre was very opportunistic.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, I'm the SK because I was was wrong about Sable and my vote shines as a beacon of opportunism in that shift?

Did you read past that vote?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Kreriov »

Yes, I did. Why did you not justify your vote better until much later on? Basically Serial 'blew' Sabre's gambit by pointing out how easily you jumped wagons. (After which Sabre suddenly says that 'was his plan all along'). The initial point Serial made is correct, however. Sabre presented an easy target and, it seems to me, you took it. Only after Serial (and I) point this out do you really try to justify the jump. If you are really worried about my lone vote on you, feel free to continue to defend yourself, but expect me to be looking for more scum.
Kreriov
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Ok, I still don't have much free time, but I tried to re-read day 2, and make some notes...

And the main observation is: I still cannot understand that SK kill. During D2, Clergyman (at least I think it was him), pointed out, that SK will be more likely to hunt for mafia during the night. This is a good point, so I read the thread to see, if anyone was really against MSH. And... I'm still nowhere. Scoug voted for him, but quickly retracted, as he realized his reasons weren't really good. Spyrex was voting for MSH... Because he thought, Michel was the SK. D'oh. Also MSH had an argument with Yabba, but that was more Michel attacking Yabba, not otherwise.

So yeah, this trail is dead, unfortunately. As soon as I'll catch up with my other games, I'll try to read those walls from Michel to see something more than pointless discussions with Spyrex.

And so, back to the scumhunt we go... I gotta check Flava's reads on people and see if he was suspicious of someone specific. I didn't check his case on Kreriov, who had a vote from FF at the end of the day, so I'm not going to push this topic until I'll actually read the arguments.

Flava was also one of the supporters of Pom/Hohum lynch. Me too, since early D1. I don't really think, hohum's 'forgetting' about the game is such a towntell. I had a game here already, when one of the scum 'forgot' about the game (or did he?) which helped him ride to the coast to LyLo, and eventually hammer, because not much of people even bothered to take a good look on him.

Bottom line: Pom's behavior screams 'scum!' to me. Hohum did nothing to change my opinion. And now Flava, one of the Pom lynch supporters, is dead.

vote: Hohum

I hope this time people will pick this one up. I know it may look like another 'easy lynch' but my gut just cannot let this one be.

Though, I'll check the thread again, when I'll have some time, especially Flava on D2. Maybe this will open my mind for more options.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Col.Cathart wrote:Flava was also one of the supporters of Pom/Hohum lynch. Me too, since early D1. I don't really think, hohum's 'forgetting' about the game is such a towntell. I had a game here already, when one of the scum 'forgot' about the game (or did he?) which helped him ride to the coast to LyLo, and eventually hammer, because not much of people even bothered to take a good look on him.

Bottom line: Pom's behavior screams 'scum!' to me. Hohum did nothing to change my opinion. And now Flava, one of the Pom lynch supporters, is dead.

vote: Hohum

I hope this time people will pick this one up. I know it may look like another 'easy lynch' but my gut just cannot let this one be.
You succeeded at least in part on getting people to look at your post this time, if only because I forgot hohum was in the game. I await any results from further probing.

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by skitzer »

LA due to massive snowstorm. I need to reread yesterday, because a bunch of people (me included) were engrossed in saberwolf, and there was a lot of other stuff that happened too.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Arg, never got back to you.

But an underwhelming response nonetheless.

Bullet points are:

* Foilest was scummy as. Look at him in iso or in my original case.
* SCoug has only attacked easy targets, including two who have flipped town already.
* He has pushed a pro-town image by making obvious comments but has done very little hunting or pushing.
* Had a little hiccup where he joined MSH's wagon for no reason then unjoined it.
* Came out D3 with a significantly different attitude towards me.

-----

Grimmy and anyone who thought my questioning his schedule was harsh - I accept there is a line you don't really cross and you have to take people talking about their real lives at face value.

However, there had been a series of posts leading up to the crucial post and SCoug's latest post directly before that crucial post was
3 minutes
before i made it. So either he just asked a question about me hammering then wandered off before I gave my response, or he saw the answer but decided to wait until night to work out how to deal with me.

I know it's lame to question how he said his day went down, and it could well be true, but at the very leasti t's suspicious timing.

Also, can we PLEASE not assume that the mafia are shooting people. It's possible, but in my opinion significantly less likely than smothering/choking. If the night kill doesn't make sense, perhaps it is because you are looking at them from a mixed up manner. The mafia killing MSH makes perfect sense. The SK having two different kill flavours that I have mod confirmation was intentional does not.
I'm old now.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Kreriov »

Unless you are the SK, right Serial?
Kreriov

Return to “Completed Open Games”