Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote: sotty7

p.s. cobalt is now obvtown.
after post 792, you write this...ok.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Cobalt wrote:vp where yo vote at kid
It's coming tomorrow. I need to do some thinking first, but it's likely to land on don.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Cobalt wrote:calling the confirmed doc obvtown
how insightful
you are not confirmed as doc. you are obvtown because you wouldn't have pulled the wincon move as scum. no way. it would have been way too risky as the only reference you would have possibly had to a town win condition would have been a mod supplied fakeclaim whcih it would have been foolish to rely on as accurate if it even contained a win condition to begin with. as it is i think you are telling the truth.

792 is there to show cobalt that players make mistakes(he did. he never should have claimed his role like that). most likely, confid was trying to throw scum off the scent for a nightkill. claiming "doctor" outright draws a bullseye on your back, whereas letting players decipher what a "healer" is runs a better chance of being left alone for wifomic reasons during the night.

anyhoo. not everyone on my wagon can be scum and as tempting as it is to point the finger at those of you stupid enough to think i am scum it has become painfully obvious that one among you knows i'm town and has implied so on more than one occasion and has recently attempted to avoid the obvious and inevitable dj wagon. that player also happens to be the player who drew the lone FoS from our confirmed scum ecto.

anyone want to hazard a guess?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Cobalt »

HELLO SCUM I AM A PROTECTIVE ROLE, PLEASE NK ME
I am fine going 1 for 1 with dj.
hatersgonnahate.gif
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Cobalt wrote:HELLO SCUM I AM A PROTECTIVE ROLE, PLEASE NK ME
I am fine going 1 for 1 with dj.
you're completely missing the implication here.

why do you think i'm scum?

you're not going one for one with me. if i am lynched and you are nk'd(as town) we will have traded three townies for scumecto.

important point to remember and look out for is the fact that the sheriff is in cahoots with the cowboys. sheriff probably has power. maybe a better kill percentage or something?

why does noone accept the possibility that vp was bussing ecto? ecto was shot and on his way to being lynched when vp took the shot he did(which apparently killed him instantly). sheriff is probably a good shot. wouldn't ya think?

you are foolish to think one scum is enough for day one. if its not sotty or vp then i would vote no lynch today. this game is starting to make more sense, however, it appears that all the townies are either lurking or stupid.

why on earth would scumdj buddy scumecto in a game where everyone is apparently armed and capable of killing?

scum would most likely be distancing as much as possible in this setup. that should be obvious.

sotty/vp baltar/ ectomancer

^^ quite the allstar scum team.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i've gotta check out for a while.

vp: if you are not scum with sotty and ecto, and i am not scum with sotty and ecto, who is scum with sotty and ecto?

cobalt: if i am town, then who is scum? if i am scum, then who else is scum?

benmage: are you sure you're not scum?

porkchop: why are you voting me? it doesn't seem like a very linear thought process to contemplate the scumminess of four players, ask a question or two, and then vote one of them with no reasoning and without the answers to your questions. i was already the leading wagon, why put it out of reach if you're not sure?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

lol, want me to double check?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Cobalt »

it's pretty obv VP is town
sotty and benmage are prolly scum.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:it's pretty obv VP is town
You're still baffling me...how did this conclusion get drawn to? I didnt follow your vote brigade...i told you, you were incorrect.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Benmage wrote:
Cobalt wrote:it's pretty obv VP is town
You're still baffling me...how did this conclusion get drawn to? I didnt follow your vote brigade...i told you, you were incorrect.
I'm sure I had a good reason.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm thinkin one of the non contributors must be scum.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Cobalt »

put yo money where yo mouth is
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

don wrote:important point to remember and look out for is the fact that the sheriff is in cahoots with the cowboys. sheriff probably has power. maybe a better kill percentage or something?

why does noone accept the possibility that vp was bussing ecto? ecto was shot and on his way to being lynched when vp took the shot he did(which apparently killed him instantly). sheriff is probably a good shot. wouldn't ya think?
^classic scum-grasping-at-straws-as-they-head-to-the-gallows (SGASATHTTG) theory.
don wrote:vp: if you are not scum with sotty and ecto, and i am not scum with sotty and ecto, who is scum with sotty and ecto?
Sotty's not scum. My educated guess is that the scum team is a mix of don/ecto/porkchopexpress/d3x.

Anyhow, dj's weak attempt at scumhunting confirmed my suspicions.
Unvote, Vote: don johnson

Let's get this claim and lynch done today people. No sense in dallying until deadline.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

L-2, btw
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 am

Post by Amished »

@Sotty: I'll get to you and the mistakes that you agreed with. Don't know why I'm bothering since Ecto is dead and *confirmed scum*, but I will.

@VP: I looked back over your (relatively) recent posts, and I haven't seen anything that you said that would make you suspect d3x/PCE other than they were lurking. You can't deny that they're consummately easy targets, and you haven't really said much against them. What I see from you is that Cobalt/deadline got you into a sticky situation and you didn't know how to act.

(/me points to the ... "fear mongering" (not the term I'd want to use) about how if I was dead we might be close to lylo/mylo and the vote for no-lynch. Specifically the close to lylo BS I've used as scum (and only as scum) without actually checking.)

However, I have faith in hohum's modding (though not his activity at times) and that I would very much assume that they have a vanilla claim or whatever they wanted; and pm quoting/usage can't really clear anybody. Also, the shooting could have a random element to it (somewhat supported by the wounding/gutshot/missing that's happened thusfar) so dj could just be an initiate cowboy or missed. As such, dj's initial shot of Vi was for bad reasons; and now that we have ecto flipping scum (and Vi attacking both E and DJ at the time) I can see some scum motivation for killing a partner (with E/DJ part of the scumteam).

Also, we need a lynch.

Unvote
Vote: don_johnson[/b

Bolding is messed up on purpose; I want dj to claim today. If he doesn't; this is definitely where it's going.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Sotty7 »

PorkchopExpress Post 764 wrote:In other news:
@Sotty: What are the flashes of town you saw from dj?
It is mostly a gut thing, which is why I keep going back and forth on him. Post 69 and 70 in his ISO recently. He goes from bad play to showing me that there is potential for him to be town. I don't have an issue with his lynch though, mainly because he will always be a question for me.
Amished Post 814 wrote:@Sotty: I'll get to you and the mistakes that you agreed with. Don't know why I'm bothering since Ecto is dead and *confirmed scum*, but I will.
You know what this can wait for now. I just wanted to see if I was wrong or not with Ecto's attempt at a case.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Amished wrote:@VP: I looked back over your (relatively) recent posts, and I haven't seen anything that you said that would make you suspect d3x/PCE other than they were lurking. You can't deny that they're consummately easy targets, and you haven't really said much against them.
Nah, not necessarily. PE for me is largely based on my previous experience with him as town and I would definitely say he is playing a very different game here. He's coming across as overly cautious and overly quiet, which is not what I'm used to from him. I'm not even sure why you are referring to him as an "easy target" really. He is a very competent, though less well known, player.

d3x, while absent, doesn't have a very good track record in this game either. I never really felt that his excessive tunneling of nacho made him look particularly town, and now we do have at least some town points in nacho's favor for shooting ecto (though it could have been a bus, as ecto's lynch did seem a bit inevitable). I do vaguely recall getting town vibes from d3x over something early on, but I can't remember what it was at the moment and would have to reread him. I'm surprised to see you defending him considering you were calling him third party earlier. At any rate, he's being replaced and we'll see what happens after that.
Amished wrote:What I see from you is that Cobalt/deadline got you into a sticky situation and you didn't know how to act.
lol, what? I was in a sticky situation? That's news to me. Do elaborate. What makes you think I "didn't know how to act"?
Amished wrote:(/me points to the ... "fear mongering" (not the term I'd want to use) about how if I was dead we might be close to lylo/mylo and the vote for no-lynch. Specifically the close to lylo BS I've used as scum (and only as scum) without actually checking.)
How is a no lynch beneficial to scum in that situation? That doesn't even make sense. Also, as I pointed out to benmage, we clearly have people among us who would shoot without hesitation in the morning. It may be day 1, but we're actually on day 2 at this point given the deaths already and we have no clue what will happen tonight. If there is an SK or vig about and two town members get killed plus people start shooting in the morning, town would be in a very bad position very quickly. Had you actually died and flipped town, I'd rather have just acted as that being the lynch and not killed anyone else for today. I fail to see how that would be beneficial to the scum in your eyes.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'm vanilla.

my scumhunting is not as bad you make it out to be and i am surprised that you, vp, don't see what i'm getting at.

and no, pointing out that the town's sheriff is in cahoots with the mafia is not "grasping at straws".

i'm fine with being lynched as long as you're all comfortable with a town flip.

vp: you don't see any significance of an ectomancer game where he is scum and goes about voting several players but only laying out one FoS on an actively lurking player who seems to know everyones alignments before they flip? whatever. good luck.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Cobalt »

dj, who is scum if sotty flips town?
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You suggesting I'm the sheriff based on nothing is very much grasping at straws. To suggest that I bussed Ecto when I'm pretty much the reason his wagon got off the ground in the first place is grasping at straws.
Don wrote:vp: you don't see any significance of an ectomancer game where he is scum and goes about voting several players but only laying out one FoS on an actively lurking player who seems to know everyones alignments before they flip? whatever. good luck.
I don't see how Sotty has known everyone's alignment before they flip. Where is your evidence for that? Sounds a lot like the bullshit ecto was trying to accuse me of with respect to Vi.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I will admit to basically ignoring Don when it has come to his votes on me. He really hasn't built anything in the ways of a case. I am also just coming off a game were we were basically day masons and he drew a lot of attention his way in a some what similar fashion. The really truly scummy thing about him to me was his weak hop on and then hop of Ecto's wagon. The rest of his play, I am sorry to say, feels like my experience with DonTown.

The FOS thing is also pretty ridiculous. In my opinion at least.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Benmage »

VPB which game with PE?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Ben

Newbie 832
Open 164

Off of the top of my head. I feel like there was another one too, but I can't remember. Maybe not.

Anyhow, in both of those games he was so town he was killed Night 1. He was pretty agressive and present in both. I'm not seeing that same fervor here, but I've never seen him as scum either.

Take it for what it's worth I suppose.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

cobalt wrote:dj, who is scum if sotty flips town?
that's not how it works. you answer my questions first.
vp wrote:I don't see how Sotty has known everyone's alignment before they flip. Where is your evidence for that? Sounds a lot like the bullshit ecto was trying to accuse me of with respect to Vi.
random votes d3x. still trying to lynch him.

iso 11 is a bit of a fence sit in regards to vi.

iso 14, another vi fencesit.

iso 15, benmage is "pooorly reasoned townie". obv no flip on ben yet, but it seems he is being accepted as town by most. either way, seems like another fence sit. also, fence sit on don vs. confid.

iso 16, no real explanation or "review" of confid/don, but an obvious question.

iso 17, don is "town" playing poorly.

iso 18, unvotes confid the healer. funny how confid was his main suspect up until now, but the don/confid argument didn't seem important enough to review as she said she would.

iso 19, not buying vpscum "at this point". = fencesit. finally votes amished. ignores my comments of her being scum. vp and ben are now town along with confid and don.

as of iso 20, sotty 7 has half the field as town. that's a pretty good fuckin read.

iso 24, lays out the amished case. i can't figure out what differentiates poor town play from amished's play. the main thrust seems to be the "third party" talk.

iso 25, lacks conviction in the case. "i'll try and convince you."

iso 26, against going nightless but will bow to majority. = fencesit

iso 27, ecto is "horrible" for shooting vi.

iso 28 ecto's case on vi is "good", retracts earlier statement.

iso 29 fencesit on vi, ecto don and ben are "town".

iso whatever. AtE. i think i've messed the numbers up here.

iso 31, vi and amished are scummy, but amished is still top. but she won't shoot.

iso 32, vi is town.

iso 35, starts asking for d3x's opinion on arguments. please note that sotty has promised to review two arguments and not followed through.

uh oh. voting ecto after the vi flip. hard to understand as she seemed to continually state that both vi and ecto were town.

iso 36, can you see it yet? he is arguing from the perspective of there being a town vp.

iso 38, nacho or d3x

here sotty wants to give vi credit for her play up until vi started accusing sotty. kind of odd. kind of omgus.

also, being completely hypocritical in her d3x request:
sotty wrote:As for d3x, he is pretty much active lurking IMO he hasn't committed on the whole Vi/ecto/VP thing yet and seems to be very content to sit back while the rest of us battle it out.
for someone who never committed to a side in any argument in the game, this statement makes little sense.

fought the "nightless" idea very weakly for most of the game, but doesn't seem to question nacho's shot one bit. odd seeing as how nacho was one of his top two suspects not too far back and also seeing as how nacho's play was no better than d3x's down the stretch.
sotty wrote:I read the game you linked for meta and gave you the benefit of the doubt.
for someone who has the time to read a whole nother game, you seriously had difficulty taking sides and reading this one.

now dj and ben are ecto's partners.

iso 49 when did amished become "town"?

iso 50 and 51. don is town.
vp wrote:You suggesting I'm the sheriff based on nothing is very much grasping at straws. To suggest that I bussed Ecto when I'm pretty much the reason his wagon got off the ground in the first place is grasping at straws.
^^ any evidence to back this up. how is it "grasping at straws? you shot a dying man. if he was your scumbuddy then he was of very little use to you. its actually a pretty genuine point here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 am

Post by don_johnson »

also,

vp: if you are town, please realize i am not gunning for your lynch today. i am more concerned with sotty. if you are not the sheriff and you are a townie with an excellent shooting ability, you should have little to fear. in short, if you are town, i ask that you at least consider my case against sotty. i think her consistent fencesitting and pushing of other(less vocal) players for points she herself has not lived up to is indicitave enough that she may be ecto's partner.

my set up speculation is 2 cowboys and a sheriff against the town, btw. otherwise we could have three cowboys and the sheriff could be a "traitor" role, but given the killing mechanics i think that would unbalance the game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”