Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Scien »

[This is still catch up mode, forgive me if I ask a question that you covered]
Charlaton wrote:Probably ought to be looking at everyone "for behavior", even as vague as that is.
Who said I wouldn't. I was merely saying that saying that I should totally ignore NK information because of the vague fear of 'it's too early' is meh. I can have suspicions based on that information, and I would go as far to say that it isn't unhealthy.
PapaZ wrote:Troll (obv)
Scien
ODDin

No issues with ABR/Amished at this point.
Again, I caught no probing in my direction yet, and yet I make your top3 list. Why, please.

Also while I am thinking of it, could you explain your griefs with me VP. Right now all I have is 'he is vaguely making me feel a bad vibe', and I don't recall much probing from you up till now. Both your concerns and PapaZ's seem... odd... considering neither of you really questioned me yet.
VP wrote:Well I guess Raskol won't be sticking out the rest of the day. This hurts my soul a bit, but I don't know if I can lynch a player slot that has been vacated.
Er... out of some feeling of fairness or what? If you honestly think him your top suspect, why does the replace matter?
Crypto wrote:One of {AGar, ODDin, VP Baltar} should be lynched today for not being on the Sando wagon.
Oh?
Crypto wrote:[To VP] Why are you so quick to distinguish my comment as idiotic rather than as scummy?
Yes indeed why?
VP wrote:Because I don't jump to conclusions from one poorly-thought out theory.
Er. So instead you completely wrote off his actions? Please tell me you considered what his motives may have been... especially from someone replacing what seems like 2 seconds ago was your biggest suspect.

BTW my opinions on the Crypto subset thing is meh... and it could be used to focus his targets if he is scum... I believe it as bad play if he is a townie, but you guys can fight about that for now. At the moment I didn't have a overly negative view towards Raskol and you guys are mainly fighting about what Crypto's stance means, which is cool. Have at it.

I do think he has points outside this, but I am still curious about VP.

I know its mainly self-interested, but you have done nothing to interrogate me even though I am suddenly giving you a bad feeling that you can't explain. Suspicion without trying to clear it up = suspicion that is furthering your goals somehow. Tell me why I am wrong.

Your end of day voting... er... policies(?) still strikes me as odd.

Post 515 was unaddressed and contains most of my points before this big Crypto fight stuff.

I do agree with Crypto that it is odd that he replaced what was your biggest suspect (judging from your vote), and when he comes in with a move that you apparently disapprove of (judging from the long fight now), you immediately shrug it off as newbie instead of probing it for scumminess. This actually is a fairly big black mark for you since I was mildly suspect of you before now.

VP
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 am

Post by ODDin »

crypto wrote:I was unaware I need a case for a suspicion.
LOL
crypto wrote:What about it?
He voices actual suspicions and seems connected to the game. He's doing more than he probably could've if he wanted to continue lurking. It also looks more like how I remember him from games he was town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Scien wrote:Also while I am thinking of it, could you explain your griefs with me VP. Right now all I have is 'he is vaguely making me feel a bad vibe', and I don't recall much probing from you up till now.
So, what's your point? I don't have to probe anything about you to have a feeling about your play in this game. It's not like I'm pushing for your lynch without putting out a case. If I feel you have been scummy enough that I want you lynched, I'll bring a full case. Don't worry.
Scien wrote:
VP wrote: Well I guess Raskol won't be sticking out the rest of the day. This hurts my soul a bit, but I don't know if I can lynch a player slot that has been vacated.
Er... out of some feeling of fairness or what? If you honestly think him your top suspect, why does the replace matter?
er...out of actually trying to lynch scum. I posted my case and Raskol didn't respond to any of it, how am I supposed to judge his actions from there? Maybe he had a good explanation for the things he did that I just wasn't seeing. That is why I asked him to stay until the end of the day at least and give an account for himself. I wanted to hear his responses and see if my suspicions were grounded. That's how scumhunting works. Lynching a replacement solely on the actions of their predecessors is probably one of the worst things you can do unless it was something blatantly scummy.
Scien wrote:Er. So instead you completely wrote off his actions? Please tell me you considered what his motives may have been... especially from someone replacing what seems like 2 seconds ago was your biggest suspect.
It was a stupid question when crypto asked it and it remains so when you repeated it.
Scien wrote:At the moment I didn't have a overly negative view towards Raskol and you guys are mainly fighting about what Crypto's stance means, which is cool. Have at it.
I'm not fighting with him really, just pointing out that his arguments are not a logical way of scumhunting. His approach seems noobish rather than scummy, but I'm not a very good judge at finding noob-scum because of their predispostion for bad ideas regardless of alignment.
Scien wrote:I know its mainly self-interested, but you have done nothing to interrogate me even though I am suddenly giving you a bad feeling that you can't explain. Suspicion without trying to clear it up = suspicion that is furthering your goals somehow. Tell me why I am wrong.
^This is you being over-sensitive about people suspecting you.
Scien wrote:Your end of day voting... er... policies(?) still strikes me as odd.
Wow, that's amazingly vague. Explain to me how my end of the day voting was not logical given my explanation.
Scien wrote:Post 515 was unaddressed and contains most of my points before this big Crypto fight stuff.
I thought i had addressed everything you said, but I'll look back after this post.
Scien wrote:I do agree with Crypto that it is odd that he replaced what was your biggest suspect (judging from your vote), and when he comes in with a move that you apparently disapprove of (judging from the long fight now), you immediately shrug it off as newbie instead of probing it for scumminess. This actually is a fairly big black mark for you since I was mildly suspect of you before now.
I don't believe Crypto said anything of this nature actually. I'd like you to explain my motivation as scum for carrying out the actions you are accusing me of. I don't understand why it's a "fairly big black mark" or how it would help forward any goals as scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

From Post 515:
Scien wrote:
VP wrote: I don't really want to get into this again because it is pointless by now, but I still feel I was correct.
I wasn't really trying to get you to go into it again. I just hold it as a meh moment, and it is part of the reason for my current views towards you.
k
Scien wrote:
VP wrote:
You mean the shit wagon against confirmed town SC? Sure.
Heh. Hindsight is fun. You didn't know that he was town at the time, in theory, however.
So it would be impossible for a town player to think a wagon was bad at that point because he or she doesn't know alignments for certain...that's completely ludicrous.
Scien wrote:Some other motive, I don't know what yet. I personally think the PapaZ argument sounded a bit... er... awkward we'll say. But I guess that comes from me reading between the lines. What I took for a granted implication in his 'lol scum' post, you seemed lost from to the point that it made you suspicious. Manipulation or just not seeing the situation, well I guess we will see soon enough.
See, I get sick and tired of people on this site making nebulous accusations. What were you "reading between the lines" exactly? What could I have been 'manipulating' by saying "wtf" to a one liner from PZ? The more you reach like this, the less I'm liking you and I can't tell if it's because your scum or if it's because you're distrust me after our last game together.
Scien wrote:
VP wrote: lol, I was? Where? I have barely mentioned PZ today.
Well that probably flys since it was a quiet day until recently. When I wrote that note I was talking about you post 36 in iso. I should say that 'on PZ immediately' or whatever I said would be incorrect at this point. Even though one of your first big points was against him today, but you quickly looked elsewhere...
What big point? I never made a big point against PZ. Please quote that. Also explain how me looking at suspects other than PZ makes me scummy.
Scien wrote:
VP wrote:VP wrote:
PapaZ was not a legitimate lynch candidate when I was going on my V/LA at the end of day 1. It was going to be Sando or Amished. No lynch should never be an option on Day 1 and I like to do what I can to make sure that isn't going to happen. As I've already explained, I started to have misgivings about lynching Sando after my long dispute with him and his frustration began to feel more honest, so I put my vote on Amished, who I felt more confident about.
Theory smoke? And yes I agree with the theory smoke, but my confusion is more than what you are suggesting with the theory talk. If you have time to come change it before deadline, why not leave it where your suspicions lie. You said you would be back by the time deadline approached. However, you decided that your strongest suspect is not good enough anymore and subscribe to an end of day either/or? I see this as a bit funny and worth looking at. Why am I wrong?
I don't understand what "theory smoke" you are referring to. No lynches on Day 1 are bad...that's not theory, that's common sense. That's why you're wrong.

All in all Scien, I fail to understand any of your suspicions and I don't understand how, from a town perspective, you are perceiving any of the things you are presenting as being scummy.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:51 am

Post by AGar »

crypto wrote:ODDin, what are your reads on AGar and VP Baltar?
ODDin wrote:It has no mathematical basis (the chances to hit scum randomly in each group are equal at best)
It's not about that. I trust my ability to hit one goon out of a pool of three players a lot more than my ability to hit one or two goons out of a pool of six or seven players.
This highlights the bulk of what I want to address: how are you so sure that a scum player was on the wagon AND not on the wagon? How can you be sure that all three weren't on it, or that any of the three were? Got extra info for us?

@Troll: I didn't have a number two to fill the slot, no.

I do now. Crypto.

His general attitude since coming in has really rubbed me the wrong way. The information he is so confident in having just shouldn't be there. His assurances that scum are amongst myself, ODDin and VP isn't something I think he'd be so confident in without information.

I'm probably going to be lynched tomorrow, I guess that's not going to change. That's fine. I haven't played the best game, and it's a pretty fair reasoning to lynch me.

Just take time to make it to the deadline before hammering so a gameplan can be figured out for tomorrow.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:Albert B. Rampage isn't playing how I'm used to for him but this is a different game setting than I've seen before.
What does this mean?

Also, why is Ojanen higher on your list than Charlatan? Reading your synopsis of the game, I would have expected their positions to be switched.
crypto wrote:I can examine all players and still focus on a small group. I'll certainly give a little more focus to that group when I'm short on time.
I would actually like you to comment on some people in this game who are not ODDin. You haven't really said much about anyone else since replacing in. What are your thoughts on how Day 1 went down? Who do you find scummy for reasons more than "not on a lynch wagon"?
crypto wrote:Yes, actually, I read/skimmed twenty-one pages in one night to replace into your precious fucking game, which you weren't even fucking participating in a week ago, with four days to your precious fucking deadline. I had zero reason to build a case on AGar when (a) he was already a popular lynch choice and (b) I wanted to walk the line between him and Zorblag as my top suspect before Zorblag posted his long-awaited analysis. If you really feel the need to make me, crypto, build a case on AGar, then I will, but I see zero motivation to do so.
I really hate that you're saying "I don't have to contribute because the person I want to get lynched is already likely". I mean, if that's not a scum mentality, I don't know what is.

I want your case on Zorblag before he posted please.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Scien »

VP wrote:I don't have to probe anything about you to have a feeling about your play in this game. It's not like I'm pushing for your lynch without putting out a case. If I feel you have been scummy enough that I want you lynched, I'll bring a full case.
Meh. Fair. I thought you listed me in a top 3 scum. But going back to look for it, apparently I was mistaken.

My question about not probing in my direction while being on a top 3 scum list still stands to PapaZ though.
VP wrote:er...out of actually trying to lynch scum. I posted my case and Raskol didn't respond to any of it, how am I supposed to judge his actions from there? Maybe he had a good explanation for the things he did that I just wasn't seeing. That is why I asked him to stay until the end of the day at least and give an account for himself. I wanted to hear his responses and see if my suspicions were grounded. That's how scumhunting works. Lynching a replacement solely on the actions of their predecessors is probably one of the worst things you can do unless it was something blatantly scummy.
I still have questions over this. You believed him scum enough to place a vote. You had questions out true. But you believed him scum. The response to the replace is to remove your vote? How is that trying to lynch scum?

Yes, you lost the opportunities to see reactions to your points on your target. That sucks. But you suspicions should remain no?

And no, I wasn't claiming you should blindly lynch your target if that is what you are implying. I am claiming that you had a vote for pressure, you supposedly had suspicions of the player slot. Your response to the replace was a vote removal? Why? Why not keep it there to add pressure to your future discussions?
VP wrote:It was a stupid question when crypto asked it and it remains so when you repeated it.
See this just sits with the unvote to. The player slot is something that you supposedly were HUGELY suspicious of like 2 days ago. But the replace has you removing your vote, and apparently your suspicions too. You trust the replacee enough to not look at something that could easilly have scum motives, and instead write it off? This is not a stupid question, it doesn't make sense to me that you would not be critical of the replacee.
VP wrote:Wow, that's amazingly vague. Explain to me how my end of the day voting was not logical given my explanation.
I already have. If you have time to come change your vote before deadline, why not leave it where your suspicions lie. You said you would be back by the time deadline approached. However, you decided that your strongest suspect is not good enough anymore and subscribe to an end of day either/or? I see this as a bit funny and worth looking at. Why am I wrong?
VP wrote:I'd like you to explain my motivation as scum for carrying out the actions you are accusing me of. I don't understand why it's a "fairly big black mark" or how it would help forward any goals as scum.
Heh, you would like me to lay out WIFOM. Cool... cool. First step of avoiding a trap is knowing of it's existence I suppose.

One possible motive. You were adding pressure on someone that eventually replaced. Seeing that they replaced, you lost the nerve to follow through and risk the town seeing you push towards a townie lynch. The replace was a good time as any to remove your vote and 'look elsewhere'.

Less negative on playstyle motive? You realize it is getting towards end of day, and that your target is not going to be the lynch. You need to free vote up so that you can press towards people with more townie interest on them. Replace came along and gave you a good excuse to remove your vote and lose your suspicions.

Why it is a black mark for me at the moment? I don't understand it. Raskol was the top of your scum list. You just went back and reread day 1 and he was a topper of your list, you were in the process of pressing in his direction. However he replaced, and you remove your vote and start treating the slot much less critically. I don't understand the town motive for that, if you are truly trying to catch scum.
VP wrote:So it would be impossible for a town player to think a wagon was bad at that point because he or she doesn't know alignments for certain...that's completely ludicrous.
I really have to go into theory? Wagon's are tools. Pressure helps get real reactions out of people. It doesn't matter if the target was good or bad really. The pressure is the goal.
VP wrote:What were you "reading between the lines" exactly? What could I have been 'manipulating' by saying "wtf" to a one liner from PZ?
Well, sense he was talking about the NK, I was reading between the lines that him laughing was at the NK, most likely? Because it seemed to be a push from scum to make the town look at him.

What was the manipulation? You took a post of his that seemed to be a lame off the cuff comment post and turned it into a declaration of him making no sense. "That post of PapaZ is a big WTF?", while me and others could see what he was talking about? Ok... maybe you truly didn't get it. Or maybe you wanted to toss suspicion his way and were using the situation.
VP wrote:What big point? I never made a big point against PZ. Please quote that. Also explain how me looking at suspects other than PZ makes me scummy.
I messed that up again. One of your first points against someone today was PZ... but we are talking about an observation I made and turning it into a full fledged case point at this point in time, and it was never meant as such. It was just something I was looking at.

Also, I never said you looking at others was scummy. That was another observation. I was saying your first point against someone in day 2 was PapaZ. Then you moved on, so meh...
VP wrote:I don't understand what "theory smoke" you are referring to. No lynches on Day 1 are bad...that's not theory, that's common sense. That's why you're wrong.
This: "No lynch should never be an option on Day 1 and I like to do what I can to make sure that isn't going to happen."

But the theory wasn't my point.

You were on PapaZ. You supposedly had him as your main suspect. But were going to be away towards end game. But back in time for deadline. You change your vote to the developing either/or anyway, and say that when you get back you will change it if necessary?

PapaZ is your main suspicion. You will be back to help prevent the no-lynch before deadline. You switch anyway, are you trying to tell me you thought without your switch at the time, we would have no-lynched? Meh.

My last post had a fail vote at the bottom of it.

Vote: VP
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 am

Post by crypto »

VP Baltar wrote:I really hate that you're saying "I don't have to contribute because the person I want to get lynched is already likely". I mean, if that's not a scum mentality, I don't know what is.

I want your case on Zorblag before he posted please.
VP Baltar wrote:So, what's your point? I don't have to probe anything about you to have a feeling about your play in this game. It's not like I'm pushing for your lynch without putting out a case. If I feel you have been scummy enough that I want you lynched, I'll bring a full case. Don't worry.

AGar wrote:I do now. Crypto.
Omgosh, crypto, you suck so much!
His general attitude since coming in has really rubbed me the wrong way.
lol
The information he is so confident in having just shouldn't be there. His assurances that scum are amongst myself, ODDin and VP isn't something I think he'd be so confident in without information.
*bangs face on keyboard till forehead splits* I posted my source of info. It's experiential. You're trying to construe it as me making an incredibly stupid scum slip, and that premise is incredibly ... well, stupid.
This highlights the bulk of what I want to address: how are you so sure that a scum player was on the wagon AND not on the wagon? How can you be sure that all three weren't on it, or that any of the three were? Got extra info for us?
Oh, so you think
all
scum were either on or off the Sando wagon?

Will try to get some AGar points up tonight. Sort of lacking in motivation at the moment.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:15 am

Post by AGar »

crypto wrote:
AGar wrote:I do now. Crypto.
Omgosh, crypto, you suck so much!
Yep.

crypto wrote:
The information he is so confident in having just shouldn't be there. His assurances that scum are amongst myself, ODDin and VP isn't something I think he'd be so confident in without information.
*bangs face on keyboard till forehead splits* I posted my source of info. It's experiential. You're trying to construe it as me making an incredibly stupid scum slip, and that premise is incredibly ... well, stupid.
Yep. I'm trying to construe you that way. Damn right. Because it looks that way.
crypto wrote:
Oh, so you think
all
scum were either on or off the Sando wagon?
Uh, no. I was questioning your information and how you were so sure. Nice try though.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:20 am

Post by crypto »

Yep. I'm trying to construe you that way. Damn right. Because it looks that way.
Go back and read. I was very clear about why I think what I think.
Uh, no. I was questioning your information and how you were so sure. Nice try though.
Again, go back and read. But if you agree with me that all three scum weren't either on or off the wagon, then why is it even a problem for you?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 am

Post by AGar »

crypto wrote:
Go back and read. I was very clear about why I think what I think.
Again, go back and read. But if you agree with me that all three scum weren't either on or off the wagon, then why is it even a problem for you?
Because I don't "agree" with you. I can't say whether they were all on or off. I don't know. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by BigBear »

Sorry guys, Just got done writing a paper. Vote count will be coming shortly. Also,
Deadline is 12/10/2009 at 11:59 PM EST.

[/color]
Vote CountODDin - (3) - AGar, Charlatan, Ojanen
Zorblog - (1) - Papa Zito,
Crypto - (1) - ODDin
AGar - (4) - Albert B. Rampage, VP Balter, Crypto, Zorblog
VP Balter - (1) - Scien

Not Voting
Last edited by BigBear on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Scien »

AM?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Ojanen »

ODDin wrote:To be frank, it still doesn't make sense to me that PZ meant the second wave, but I'll take his word on it.
In which make it doesn't make sense to you and why did you decide to unvote despite of that?
ODDin wrote:And as promised
vote: crypto
Can you expand on what you meant by the "as promised" here?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Ojanen »

EBWOP
-"In which way doesn't it make sense" etc
-Strike the second question, it's a reading fail from me.
(Yeah, 4AM posting seems to be a bad idea.)
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by ODDin »

Ojanen wrote:In which make it doesn't make sense to you and why did you decide to unvote despite of that?
I don't think PZ was lying when he said he was referring to the second wave. It doesn't *completely* doesn't make sense to me - I can see, if I really try, how he was referring to the second wave. What I mean is that I don't feel my initial assumption was a wrong one to make and that it was reasonable for me to understand what he was referring to correctly.
So, if he says he was referring to the second wave, it seems the logical thing for me to believe him.

(I hope I'm making sense with this myself now, I'm pretty tired ATM)
Ojanen wrote: Can you expand on what you meant by the "as promised" here?
At the beginning of that post I said I was going to vote for crypto, but I voted at the end of the post as per BB's request. That was my "promise".
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I have the feeling that a lot of players are starting new lines of discussion and suspicion when we're at only a day from deadline. I need a TL;DR version case on crypto from ODDin and case on VP from scien with the main reasons highlighted. Save me -and the town- the work of bridging the reasons you vote for crypto with the reasons we should vote for crypto. I am not about to make a gut decision at this juncture but if you're going to put up a new case I want to know that 1) your reasons make sense and 2) you are believable and not trying to get a deadline no-lynch.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I mean crypto / VP. No favoritism going on here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Scien wrote:Again, I caught no probing in my direction yet, and yet I make your top3 list. Why, please.
And you're awfully nervous about it, aren't you?

VP, I saw Raskol do a lot of pushing at ekiM and SC before looking at Sando, so I don't buy your case.

Zorblag's big post didn't wow me.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, the positions of Charlatan and Ojanen as first and second guess for town aren't really that far apart but I did intend the order that I gave. In my brief thoughts I chose to focus a bit more on what stood out for Ojanen which is that she hasn't stood out which is mildly surprising but as I said I like what she's done and the lack of attention from others isn't a reason to suspect her at this stage in the game so much as it's worth noting for the future. I also didn't bother noting in the last post that I like how Ojanen has pushed me a couple times; it feels about right for someone who hasn't played with me before and on topics that are worth pushing on.

Regarding Albert B. Rampage, I've only played with him in newbie games before so I expect a bit of a different approach to this game then I've seen from him in the past. In those other games he played the role of an agitator or a catalyst. He's not afraid to play abrasively and directly against the expectations that people have to get reactions. I'm not seeing that in this game but I've seen him play as both town and scum in the newbie games so the lack of that behavior isn't much of an indicator on it's own. What might be is that I believe that he must have been interested in joining this game from the start. BigBear had him ready as a potential replacement from the first time it got raised in game as an issue. I know that with his first post he said that he was going to be V/LA for the next week or so but even taking that into account I don't see the engagement that I think I'd expect. A part of that is going to be the game itself which has an off pace but I tend to think that an interested town Albert B. Rampage would be raising more dust than he has.

All of that is just looking at my expectations and energy levels though and it doesn't take any game connections into account yet so I didn't want to push at it just yet with my last post.

@AGar, you don't seem to have had much of an issue with Raskol that I can see looking over what you've posted. Am I right in thinking that Crypto has made himself the number two suspect in your eyes just with his own play since entering the game?

@everyone, I should be around tomorrow evening should my vote be needed to make a lynch happen but right now it's where I want it to be.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Ojanen »

AGar wrote:I'm probably going to be lynched tomorrow, I guess that's not going to change. That's fine. I haven't played the best game, and it's a pretty fair reasoning to lynch me.
Not really able read this as a strong alignment tell either way in itself but if you look at this
AGar early D2 wrote:3. There should probably be way more pressure on me since I have not really contributed as much as I would personally have liked to in this game. It actually pisses me off that no one has come after me for anything yet, because I gain reads that way. :(
Where's the guy who supposedly strives under pressure, where's the reads and reactions t your wagon?
There's a dissonance here to him currently flapping around somewhat phlegmatically, hate the defeatism.
If he's scum, he's taking it too peacefully, I would guess some bussing to have taken effect already in that case.
If you're town, fight dammit, get content out.
AGar wrote:Just take time to make it to the deadline before hammering so a gameplan can be figured out for tomorrow.
Especially if you want this, take the passive language out please.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Ojanen »

crypto about the wagon with 3 scum wrote:This was the exception. It should be noted that we had to rush a wagon at the deadline in order to avoid a no-lynch, and that most townies were so lazy and the town performance overall was so lackluster that the mafia could've gotten away with murder (and they did). [shrug] It is what it is.
crypto, how would you compare that wagon to the Sando wagon in terms of deadline rush?

Did you read the complete game before deciding to concentrate on the off-wagon voters btw?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Ojanen »

570 was provoked btw by the fact that I was expecting severely more as reactions and conclusions when the initial reactions to the votes were of this type
AGar to crypto voting him wrote:LOL.

That is all for now.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Ojanen »

VP Baltar wrote:
Scien wrote:
VP wrote: PapaZ was not a legitimate lynch candidate when I was going on my V/LA at the end of day 1. It was going to be Sando or Amished. No lynch should never be an option on Day 1 and I like to do what I can to make sure that isn't going to happen. As I've already explained, I started to have misgivings about lynching Sando after my long dispute with him and his frustration began to feel more honest, so I put my vote on Amished, who I felt more confident about.
Theory smoke? And yes I agree with the theory smoke, but my confusion is more than what you are suggesting with the theory talk. If you have time to come change it before deadline, why not leave it where your suspicions lie. You said you would be back by the time deadline approached. However, you decided that your strongest suspect is not good enough anymore and subscribe to an end of day either/or? I see this as a bit funny and worth looking at. Why am I wrong?
I don't understand what "theory smoke" you are referring to. No lynches on Day 1 are bad...that's not theory, that's common sense. That's why you're wrong.
VP, Scien's referencing the fact that you unvoted PZ before going V/LA 4 days before DL while saying you'll probably vote Sando when you drop in closer to it. I think you remember wrong the vote situation though, it was Sando 4 and four others, including Zito, at 2 votes, Amished wagon wasn't born yet really. (for the record don't really find this scummy regards to VP but you two seem to be talking past each other on this point)

Why do you think crypto is a noob? His join date is less than a month away from Zito's, Seral's and mine for instance, and he's played plenty.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Scien »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I need a [...] case on VP from scien with the main reasons highlighted.
I'll throw everything I am currently looking at out here, even the weak stuff:
  • Made a big fuss about the PapaZ 'wagoning for wagoning's sake' stuff in early day one. He could have also been trying to limit the wagon's effectiveness. When I mentioned this possible limiting last time the defense from VP was 'You mean a wagon on a confirmed townie? Ya I did that.' (paraphrased). He had no way of knowing it was townie at the time though. Still weakish on my part, he might have just wanted to pressure the other side when he questioned PapaZ. He also might not have seen through the bandwagon tactic, and griefed at what would have then looked to be an outright lie. But meh

• Throughout day one, he bounced between PapaZ and Sando, which is fair. Before going on vacation he plants his vote on Amished because 'PapaZ is not going to get lynched today', with a promise to come back before deadline and help solve any no-lynch scenario by voting for Sando if necessary. My griefs here are that his main suspect is supposedly PapaZ. Yes he is going on vacation, but seemed relatively sure that he would be back (he never made a defense yet saying he moved his vote to the developing either or just in case he didn't get back). He still moves his vote to the either/or. It strikes me as odd. He will be back but he moves his vote from his claimed top suspect? Sounds like using his vacation as an excuse. When asking about this, he tossed a bit of 'a no-lynch is something to be avoided at all costs' theory smoke at me. I agree that no-lynches are something to avoid, but that was not in my complaints against him, or my discussion towards him.

• In early day 2 he pulled the 'I don't understand what PapaZ is doing' card again. PapaZ was obviously commenting on the NK, given with a meh type post. I say obviously because I am not the only person to 'read between the lines' on that post. This is a weakish point, because I can't prove he was doing this just to toss suspicion PapaZ's way, or if he legitimately didn't understand what PapaZ was talking about.

• Late in day 2, he comes in and says he has reread day 1 and decided to move Raskol and Agar to the top of his scum list (I assume me moved them with a comment like "My biggest conclusion is that there is almost certainly scum between Raskol and Agar, if not both of them.") He then proceeds to pressure Raskol. While pressuring, Raskol replaces and VP removes his vote (claiming that he is "trying to lynch scum" when asked about it later). Crypto comes in and immediately expresses a tactic that could easilly have scum motives. VP writes this off as newbie and not scummy. VP seems to effectively lost his suspicion when he moved that vote.

• He pressures me to layout WIFOM, in the case of what could be prompting him to act this way, "what exactly are the possible scum motives?" I give a couple, but do realize that it was WIFOM. I don't think he has been back to call me out on it yet. We will see if he tries to.
PapaZ wrote:
Scien wrote:Again, I caught no probing in my direction yet, and yet I make your top3 list. Why, please.
And you're awfully nervous about it, aren't you?
Dang right I am. I make your top three, and you have not even really asked a single question my way all game? Odd. You are considering your all main suspects right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”