saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Hewitt: I promise you, as soon as this bet is over, I will give you a run for your money, and will ping you as scum day one so fast you won't even get time to type /confirm :)
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Budja »

Saber, could you tell me what this bet actually is?
(sorry guys, I know its distracting us and I won't mention it again.)
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by dank »

hewitt- what made you change your mind? Your post a few pages (122) back was:
If I wanted to lynch saber I would be voting him. I don't think we should be putting pressure on saber because it's A) annoying B) is going to take up a large part of the day probably and C) means that any player that has a reputation for acting anti-town (zwetschenwasser, Empking, Mastin) should be pressured like this and it's honestly going to do nothing to help or progress the game in a healthy manner.

However, I do understand why people would put pressure on saber, he is acting anti-town. But just because I understand it does not mean I agree with it.
You went from wanting to look past it to not condoning it. Why?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by hewitt »

In the past 24 hours I've had a lot of exposure to saberwolf, we're now in at least three games together and I learned the extent of why he plays anti-town and why just within this past hour and it really bothers me.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
GinzkeyPlatz
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by GinzkeyPlatz »

Paradoxombie wrote:There's a reason saber says his play avoids NKs. Because it is better for scum than town.
His scummy-looking gambit strategy looks ideal for a mafia that doesn't have a kill. If he was a werewolf, the seer might target him early on, so I do not think he is a werewolf, at least. But as a mafia he's also trying to avoid a werewolf night kill, so he might be in the mafia.

His strategy could have been made as either town or scum alignment since he pulled this scummy routine as a townie just last week to find scum on his wagon. But I am concerned that he's trying to defend with past games at this point, because we don't know if he is the same player as in the previous game.

So I think the only reason he would do this as town is hoping to get lynched and see if we can find scum on his wagon. And just enough of me believes he likes that high risk, high reward strategy to try it again. I don't want to vote him for that feeling, and because I also think he made some good observations, like posts 115 and 117, when he goes out of this mode and tries to play normal.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote Count:

L-1
saberwolf:
Memorable Raindrops, bigmc109, Paradoxombie, dank, Lynx The Antithesis, hewitt
bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog, Budja, Lowell
Memorable Raindrops:
Scott Brosius, saberwolf
Lynx The Antithesis:
GinzkeyPlatz

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: December 23rd, 2009 at approximately 10 p.m.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

bigmc109 wrote:Really? Because I think you and CKD are trying a little too hard to make my mistake look like a scum move. Fishy? Maybe. Scummy on its own? Hell no.

FoS: CKD & Dank
This post reeks of OMGUS
dank wrote:hewitt- what made you change your mind? Your post a few pages (122) back was:
If I wanted to lynch saber I would be voting him. I don't think we should be putting pressure on saber because it's A) annoying B) is going to take up a large part of the day probably and C) means that any player that has a reputation for acting anti-town (zwetschenwasser, Empking, Mastin) should be pressured like this and it's honestly going to do nothing to help or progress the game in a healthy manner.

However, I do understand why people would put pressure on saber, he is acting anti-town. But just because I understand it does not mean I agree with it.
You went from wanting to look past it to not condoning it. Why?
And this is one of the best posts yet. I was not satisfied with hewitt's answer either.

I think given the timing of his vote and the sudden change of heart to put SW at L-1 makes hewitt my top suspect at the moment.

Unvote
Vote: hewitt
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by saberwolf »

This is where I self hammer ftw :P

Don't worry, I won't do it.

Budja - I made a bet with animorpherv1. I had to sign up for all games that needed players. I had to play every single one and not flake. If I flaked, Ani got to make my avatar for 2 months. If I successfully play all my games, I make his avatar for two months. One of the loopholes in our deal I've been exploiting. I can't flake if I'm lynched. Luckily for me, I've got a town role in every single game I entered, making it easier to gambit. The hilarious part is I tell every single game about this bet at some point. Every single one of them end the same. You guys are gonna say "Oh, that's fine, but this game is different. He was town in all the other games, but he's def scum in this one". You will then porceed to lynch me, and I will flip town. Then you'll be like "damn, he was telling the truth, just like the last 8 games". But it's fine, because the whole goal was to either draw scum out with my scummy gambits, or die in the process, making it win-win.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

more bigmc votes...notice he is so quiet now.....someone tell me why scum would act like saber...they want to fit in..they want to go unnoticed..they want to look town....does it surprise me that saber doesnt seem to have any friends here? no. Pretty sure he is town....really it is WIFOM, but there are other people that are scummier if you look between the lines.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:24 am

Post by saberwolf »

unvote; vote: bigmc109

nobody seems to support a MR lynch, and mc is right up there with him, so switch time it is.

dank, you've been one of my more outspokern defenders, yet you still decide to keep your vote on me...why is that?
Show

dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 am

Post by dank »

I believe I spoke out against your lynch in one post many pages ago, does that make me one of your most outspoken defenders?

Since then, you've brought up your record and pranced around about how invincible you are with this smokescreen of yours, and i've explained why I chose to vote you. What exactly is your question?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 am

Post by hewitt »

Scott Brosius wrote:And this is one of the best posts yet. I was not satisfied with hewitt's answer either.

I think given the timing of his vote and the sudden change of heart to put SW at L-1 makes hewitt my top suspect at the moment.

Unvote
Vote: hewitt
I don't imagine that you could understand unless you're in all these games with me and saber. I'm pretty much promoting his lynch in every game I'm in right now, this is one of the few times I'm seriously promoting a policy lynch until this stupid bet thing is over.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:45 am

Post by dank »

I hope you realize "you just don't understand!" isn't a very convincing defense. Unless you explain in much more detail why you changed your mind about saber, I see your vote as an opportunistic wagon jump (or perhaps even a bus). You've lurked all day refusing to have input on anything, then finally jump in without any justification to place an L-1 vote. I think saber's top priority for today, but you're not far behind.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 am

Post by hewitt »

dank wrote:I hope you realize "you just don't understand!" isn't a very convincing defense. Unless you explain in much more detail why you changed your mind about saber, I see your vote as an opportunistic wagon jump (or perhaps even a bus). You've lurked all day refusing to have input on anything, then finally jump in without any justification to place an L-1 vote. I think saber's top priority for today, but you're not far behind.
I don't really care that you think it's opportunistic, to me my vote on saber is for personal reasons that I have pretty clearly stated and if you're going to ignore them that's not my problem that's yours.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 am

Post by dank »

where did you clearly state them? Please quote the clearly stated reasons.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:59 am

Post by hewitt »

hewitt wrote:In the past 24 hours I've had a lot of exposure to saberwolf, we're now in at least three games together and I learned the extent of why he plays anti-town and why just within this past hour and it really bothers me.
And then saber explained the bet.
saberwolf wrote:Budja - I made a bet with animorpherv1. I had to sign up for all games that needed players. I had to play every single one and not flake. If I flaked, Ani got to make my avatar for 2 months. If I successfully play all my games, I make his avatar for two months. One of the loopholes in our deal I've been exploiting. I can't flake if I'm lynched. Luckily for me, I've got a town role in every single game I entered, making it easier to gambit. The hilarious part is I tell every single game about this bet at some point. Every single one of them end the same. You guys are gonna say "Oh, that's fine, but this game is different. He was town in all the other games, but he's def scum in this one". You will then porceed to lynch me, and I will flip town. Then you'll be like "damn, he was telling the truth, just like the last 8 games". But it's fine, because the whole goal was to either draw scum out with my scummy gambits, or die in the process, making it win-win.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

saberwolf wrote:The hilarious part is I tell every single game about this bet at some point. Every single one of them end the same. You guys are gonna say "Oh, that's fine, but this game is different. He was town in all the other games, but he's def scum in this one". You will then porceed to lynch me, and I will flip town. Then you'll be like "damn, he was telling the truth, just like the last 8 games". But it's fine, because the whole goal was to either draw scum out with my scummy gambits, or die in the process, making it win-win.
Wow you sound like a petulant little kid saying how we'll all regret what we did to you. I wouldn't regret your lynch even if you were a jester. I'm glad you're happy to get out of this game because you're obviously not wanted.

Town points to whoever hammers!
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:20 am

Post by hewitt »

Paradoxombie wrote:I wouldn't regret your lynch even if you were a jester.
Well in that case I would. Basically then we would've lost and that would suck.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 am

Post by saberwolf »

I would love it if one of the other games with hewitt I was a jester...just sayin ;)
Show

Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Memorable Raindrops »

THAT bet deal is making this game confusing (and annoying to read), and I'm patiently waiting for saber to be lynched.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Saber's defense concerning his flipping town doesn't excuse his behavior. Just because you've flipped town in other games does not even remotely influence the outcome of this game. They're not related and really have no place in this.

Saber, why are you voting BigMc

CKD, why would you claim Saber is town? What has he done so far this game that is even close to a townie play? Being Blatantly scummy does not clear him as town. Too scummy to be scum is illogical especially for Saber. Is there more to the BigMC case besides the missing of the vote?

I'd like to hear more from Budja, Lowell.

I feel like Budja and Lowell are riding the BigMC wagon while CKD does all the pushing.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 am

Memorable Raindrops wrote:THAT bet deal is making this game confusing (and annoying to read), and I'm patiently waiting for saber to be lynched.
Why would you just be waiting? This shows me a lack of hunting.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 am

Post by saberwolf »

Scum: Bigmc and Lynx

It's easy to see, game over.

Make sure one of these two is lynched at some point when I'm gone.
Show

Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am

saberwolf wrote:
Scum: Bigmc and Lynx

It's easy to see, game over.

Make sure one of these two is lynched at some point when I'm gone.
And this is because I'm asking someone to show me what else he has done scummy?

You truly are brilliant saber. What points did you actually present against BigMC when you voted him? I believe you just hopped on the largest wagon in comparison with your own, scum.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 am

Woah sorry for triple post there. My computer's being annoying.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot

Return to “Completed Open Games”