Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Damn alternates.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by ortolan »

Fourth vote count

Josh Lyman (6): MacavityLock, imaginality, Budja, Fuzzyman, Chinaman, BloodCovenent
Fuzzyman (1): Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny (1): jasonT1981
Budja (1): Josh Lyman

Not voting (3): ConfidAnon, Netopalis, Locke Lamora

7 to lynch

I'm assuming that's your alt, BC?
Last edited by ortolan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I am not liking Lyman's wagon at all. Too quick, too scummy.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Snow_Bunny wrote:I am not liking Lyman's wagon at all. Too quick, too scummy.
What do you suggest then?
ortolan wrote:

I'm assuming that's your alt, BC?
Yep
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

BloodCovenent wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:I am not liking Lyman's wagon at all. Too quick, too scummy.
What do you suggest then?
Unvote, vote: Budja

^More of those.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:@Budja: Your vote might be just a bit more than a random vote, but still, it is there. I don't like "I random voted in a wagon!" either.
Why not?
When you throw in a random vote in a forming serious wagon, you are just being opportunistic.
MacavityLock wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Why do I think fuzzy voted for a no-lynch? The hell I know. I only know that he did something I consider a scumtell. And that's enough.
Does context play any role in your scumhunting?
Please explain, as currently I am not understanding what you want to ask me (and neither how that question has any relation with what you quoted.)
Budja's 70 is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. 1) Budja's vote on Fuzzy was clearly not random, as he quite specifically explained why he voted. So, why was this vote opportunistic? 2) You said that you consider Fuzzy voting No Lynch a scumtell. Why didn't you examine the context of said vote? As Budja said, and I agree with, it was very clearly an attempt to leave the RVs.

Snow_Bunny, on another note, we've now had a player do the same wagon-jumping as Budja, only far more egregious. Chinaman
random
-voted Fuzzy on page 1 (4th vote), and has now jumped to the Lyman-wagon (5th vote). SB, is this opportunistic? Is it scummy? Is it scummier than Budja? Why haven't you commented on it?

(By the way, welcome BC.)
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

MacavityLock wrote: Chinaman
random
-voted Fuzzy on page 1 (4th vote),
How does some one's random vote happen to be the fourth vote on some one?

And thank you. 8-)
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

BloodCovenent wrote:
MacavityLock wrote: Chinaman
random
-voted Fuzzy on page 1 (4th vote)
How does some one's random vote happen to be the fourth vote on some one?
Take a look at Chinaman's Fuzzy-vote post. It's quite clear that Chinaman had no legitimate stated reason for it, therefore I called it random. I obviously don't know his actual reason for the vote, but of course there probably is one. The point I was trying to make is that between Budja's Fuzzy-vote and Chinaman's, Chinaman's should be more likely to trigger
Snow_Bunny wrote:When you throw in a random vote in a forming serious wagon, you are just being opportunistic.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Budja »

@Macavity, glad were on the same page then.

@Snow Bunny, you are wrong :P. Until you have come up with a better point, I'm not going to bother defending myself now.

#2 is now BC.
You call out the early Josh wagon votes as opportunistic and then tack your vote onto the wagon. Thats quite hypocritical.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by Chinaman »

p15 was indeed random and meant to be funny due to this game. L-3 means the same to me as L-6 so I didn't think much of SB getting onto Budja for his. Now that you point it out though Mac, your point makes sense.

on the other hand...

Budja's p83 has a slight feel for buddying up to Mac.

My vote on JL will remain till he shows back up and has caught up. I am not willing to remove it just because he's at L-1. Would give the idea that someone could just stop posting to get out from under the spotlight. I will however ask that nobody hammer him till he's had a chance to do what he said he will do.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 am

Post by imaginality »

Budja's 83 misses BloodCovenant's point as I see it, which is not that all the votes on Josh are opportunistic, just that (BC thinks) Budja's one in particular is. It's not hypocritical for BC to think that Josh is scum and Budja might be bussing him, and to vote Josh.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Talilan »

Fifth vote count

Josh Lyman (6): MacavityLock, imaginality, Budja, Fuzzyman, Chinaman, BloodCovenent
Budja (2): Josh Lyman, Snow Bunny
Snow_Bunny (1): jasonT1981

Not voting (3): ConfidAnon, Netopalis, Locke Lamora

7 to lynch
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Would still very much like it if Josh could answer my question.

BC: if you would like either of them lynched, why Josh instead of Budja? Do you think Josh is just more scummy?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

MacavityLock wrote:
Budja's 70 is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. 1)
Budja's vote on Fuzzy was clearly not random,
as he quite specifically explained why he voted. So, why was this vote opportunistic?
This post has something for you:
Budja wrote: @Snow,
my vote on fuzzy was only a bit better than a random vote.
Josh's wagon is superior so I changed. I changed because I agreed with Macavity's case.
It was NOT clearly random. Either that, or Budja is lying at his convenience. Opportunistic in either case.
MacavityLock wrote: 2) You said that you consider Fuzzy voting No Lynch a scumtell. Why didn't you examine the context of said vote? As Budja said, and I agree with, it was very clearly an attempt to leave the RVs.
You can believe that, but I'm not 100% sure. I say no-lynch votes are bad almost always, you say that there's no problem with that one.
MacavityLock wrote:Snow_Bunny, on another note, we've now had a player do the same wagon-jumping as Budja, only far more egregious. Chinaman
random
-voted Fuzzy on page 1 (4th vote), and has now jumped to the Lyman-wagon (5th vote). SB, is this opportunistic? Is it scummy? Is it scummier than Budja? Why haven't you commented on it?

I didn't notice that (possibly because I'm getting a better vibe from his posts than from Budja's). But now that you mention it, it is quite opportunistic. However, I still find Budja the scummiest. His contradiction on his stance regarding Fuzzy's vote ("a bit better than random" and "was weak, but not random"), the questions he asks to different players (I find this a common tactic among scum), opportunistic, and general scum vibe are the major points against him.

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Chinaman »

SB: I think your missing one important thing here. You DID ask us for more votes on Fuzzy. Did you expect that not to happen? I mean, you're a girl and I'm a nerd (a married one luckily, but still). I do what girls tell me to do and it's possible others do too?

*Girls dig that right?*

All kidding aside, part of your prosecution of Budja is for doing as you told him. You do have other points on him though, so I'm not going to say your being hypocritical at this point, but I think what we need to do at this point is A: wait for JL to respond to his wagon and B: really weigh who is the scummier. I personally am not getting a huge scum reading on Budja, but I've been known to be wrong before.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Budja »

Snow wrote:His contradiction on his stance regarding Fuzzy's vote ("a bit better than random" and "was weak, but not random")
"a bit better than random" = "was weak, but not random".
Further clarification: better than random means not random but not strong either.
My "opportunism" is misjudged, and since when is asking questions scummy?

(I know I said I wouldn't but I can't help myself).
China wrote:B: really weigh who is the scummier.
Lets not narrow down our options here.
imaginality wrote:Budja's 83 misses BloodCovenant's point as I see it, which is not that all the votes on Josh are opportunistic, just that (BC thinks) Budja's one in particular is. It's not hypocritical for BC to think that Josh is scum and Budja might be bussing him, and to vote Josh.
Eh, true I guess.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Locke Lamora wrote:Would still very much like it if Josh could answer my question.

BC: if you would like either of them lynched, why Josh instead of Budja? Do you think Josh is just more scummy?
Well, specifically I felt that this post was more of an overreaction. Mostly from noob-scum. I don't see noob town speaking so confident about something that would be at the worst a null-tell, but in my opinion it's more of a town tell.

But I also find Budja scummy because of how fast he jumped on the wagon with little questioning. And in this post he says that Fuzzy's post came off as forced, well not the post but the whole gambit. Which it really wasn't, Fuzzy would have to explain his actions at one point in time, it just felt a little early from my point of view.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Budja »

@BC, what about Snow Bunny then? She was pretty sure the no-lynch vote was scummy.

@BC, the gambit was weakly played. I thought it plausible for it to be scum trying to look protown by leaving the RVS, without taking much risk. (Yes, a weak case)
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Snow Bunny did not vote after the No Lynch vote.

I will not deny the gambit was weakly played. But how doe you automatically associate that as being scum? And taking little risk. If anything these types of gambits put a lot of pressure on the author until people understand the nature of the action.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Locke Lamora wrote:I find Josh's appeal for mass-prods particularly odd. Josh, did you receive your role at the same time as the thread was opened? I certainly didn't get my role PM 9 days ago, so unless you were given yours a lot earlier, how do you justify trying to draw attention to players for not posting when the game hadn't even begun?
I got my role PM several hours prior to this post. I hesitate to be more precise in order to avoid a modkill for quoting mod communications.

But about two reality days had passed prior to my requesting prods. Other than this one question for me in two posts (compared to my fifteen), do you have any other scumhunting to do? Perhaps not. Perhaps you're actively lurking.[/url]
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

@Mod: Can you prod Fuzzyman, please?

yes

- ortolan
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by Budja »

@BC, I saw it as possibly scum attempting to perform a townie action, removing the risk early is a bit over-cautious.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Budja wrote:@BC, I saw it as possibly scum attempting to perform a townie action, removing the risk early is a bit over-cautious.
In that case, are all self votes and no lynch votes in the RVS, specifically given from scum? And are they really anti-town even though they yield information and start discussion? I can't see scum-fuzzy doing it because it would attract too much attention at him, like it did on page 1. Most town players do not have much to lose, that's why in actions taken like fuzzy's, it only makes sense for town-fuzzy to have done it.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

This game needs more activity..... it's four pages in and it feels like it's been forever!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 am

Post by imaginality »

BloodCovenant, post 97 wrote:Most town players do not have much to lose, that's why in actions taken like fuzzy's, it only makes sense for town-fuzzy to have done it.
I wouldn't say it
only
makes sense for town to do it - scum don't have to fear page 1 attention too much either. Especially given your point (which I agree with) that it's not particularly anti-town anyhow.

I see that kind of early-game gambit as being something akin to the quizzes that other players use to get out of the 'random vote stage'. Instead of "Question 1: What do you think of no-lynch votes?" it's "Here's a no-lynch vote for ya. What do ya think about this?"
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”