Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

Genocide (Darklight, Esme, Olio)
1 Korais (mith)
1 Olio (Blackberry)
1 Roland (Flay)

19 to lynch

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:27 am

Post by mith »

19? ~snerk~

Ok, I can not answer whether I can talk to anyone at night. I can, however, do this:
the mods wrote:Almost every character on the cast list in Good Omens will be included in the game. Only two will be omitted.
Of course, that doesn't mean only characters on the cast list will be included.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:28 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm here and I'm catching up, but I wanted to do something I would have done this morning if I were still alive. Below is the Dramatis Personae from the front page, edited based on the information we have, as well as with my best guesses as to alignment. Obviously, not all of these need necessarily be in the game, and the alignments aren't necessarily right, but we're far enough in that I think it's informative. Note also that there are only 15 named roles remaining, despite the 19 living players, so we probably have a decent supply of Atlantans and what-not still out there. I think I have some of the fifteen identified by action and word, as I'm sure many of you do, as well. Of the nineteen, we have four almost-certain scum left, as well as Metatron (a possible SK), TSNCA Pulsifer (the fuzziest of my yellows, possibly misguided scum, possibly a mediocre cop (getting scum results on witches)), and Sister Mary Loquacious (mafia cop, in my book, and the one of the yellows I think is most likely to be scum). Those aren't bad odds, although it still relies on them doing some more going after one another.

Also, 19 to lynch, DS? I hope not.

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

SUPERNATURAL BEINGS
God
(God)
Metatron
(The Voice of God)
Mole (
Aziraphale
, An angel, and part-time rare book dealer) was run over, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1
Aelyn,
Satan
(A Fallen Angel; the Adversary), died night 4
Mastermind of Sin (
Beelzebub
, A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1
Hastur
(A Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Ligur
(Likewise a Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Stewie (
Crowley
, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 2

APOCALYPTIC HORSEPERSONS

Gaspode (
DEATH
) was lynched, and discorporated, Day 2
War
(War)
Famine
(Famine)
Peachy,
Pollution
(Pollution), was lynched day 3

HUMANS

Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer
(A Witchfinder)
Anges Nutter
(A Prophetess)
mepmuff (
Newton Pulsifer
, Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private) was run over, Night 2
PeaceBringer (
Anathema Device
, Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent) was crushed by fish, Night 3
Coron (
Shadwell
, Witchfinder Sergeant) was burned, Night 3
Madame Tracy
(Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium)
Sister Mary Loquacious
(A Satanic Nun of the Chattering Order of St. Beryl)
Mr. Young
(A Father)
Fuldu,
Mr. Tyler
(A Chairman of a Residents' Association), was enveloped by fire, and died, night 4
A Delivery Man

THEM

ADAM
(An Antichrist)
Porro (
Pepper
, A Girl, and member of Them) died of malnutrition, Night 1
Wensleydale
(A Boy)
Internet Stranger (
Brian
, A Boy, and member of Them) was burned, Night 1

Dragon Phoenix (
Atlantisan
, Townie) was mod killed, Night 3.

Dog
(Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier)
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:34 am

Post by Fuldu »

roland, I absolutely think the argument that you are participating poorly because you should have bought the book is total crap, but it does surprise me a lot that you can't find it in bookstores. They are (have?) reprinting a new edition this year, so I've been seeing a lot more copies at the bookstores that I go to as companies try to empty out their warehouses of old editions. It's usually shelved with Gaiman rather than Pratchett, and not always in sci-fi/fantasy. Gaiman is apparantly considered actual literature by some bookstore owners.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:49 am

Post by Fuldu »

Now that I've reread today, I see that several of the things I thought I knew were mistaken, which gives me an excellent idea of which two named characters aren't present in the game. It's so obvious now that I think of it, I'm actually angry I didn't think of it sooner. Hint: There's a very specific reason they aren't in the game.

I also see that Genocide Heart is pushing pretty hard for the lynch of someone who has apparently been tied to me. I can't really allow that to stand, can I?
vote: Genocide Heart
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:36 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: rolandofthegrey, Vote: Genocide Heart
. More later probably after I correlate with Fuldu II's color-coded cast list, but we're never gonna get to 19 (:roll:) without my vote...

Dragon Slayer, thank you for finding replacements and continuing to give this game life. But could you please, please, pretty please replace FD's name in the second post with mine? Shanks. :mrgreen:
Retired as of October 2014.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:40 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

Fuldu wrote:I also see that Genocide Heart is pushing pretty hard for the lynch of someone who has apparently been tied to me. I can't really allow that to stand, can I?
vote: Genocide Heart
Have you read my previous post? The one where I unvote you and claim I am far less suspicious? It may, perhaps, provide new and wonderful information invalidating your point. Also, why do you have God in green instead of yellow?

Alnd Blackberry admitted that he was not entirely caught up or informed, and then made a bandwagon vote anyway. This is an action which does, indeed, suck. However, since the alternative is that he's evil and trying to get some posts and a vote up while still lurking in spirit, I'm trying to be gracious when I assume it's just poor play. This game is confusing me mightily, and I assume it's even harder for replacements.

And I'm still not sure about Mith. Right now I place him somewhere along a spectrum of A Delivery Man to The Metatron, which pretty much encompasses every role in the game.

His hints are weird... He's suggested that he's not in the dramatis personae, that his ability conforms more to the character's name than the character's actions in the book, and it's also one of his favorite character. That, and we have the actual kill description which involves a delivery truck full of fish.

Of course, it might be best to just leave the issue unresolved and go after roland or blackberry or someone. Roland, probably.

Which means, really, it comes down to how accurate I think Pooky is. Shame I'm not decided on that either...

But since Mith is contributing much more than roland, missing with roland wouldn't be as bad as missing with Mith.

Or I could just vote for blackberry...

Goddamit, indecision sucks :(
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Genocide Heart wrote:Have you read my previous post? The one where I unvote you and claim I am far less suspicious? It may, perhaps, provide new and wonderful information invalidating your point. Also, why do you have God in green instead of yellow?
It may, perhaps, provide new and wonderful information invalidating my point, but as it happens, it doesn't. If we were not who everyone thinks we are, then there would presumably be a decent sized set of other players, i.e. those with the roles we are believed to have, who would know that to be the case. Unless they were exhibiting grossly poor play, they then would also have voted for one of the three of us. None of this happened. That you continued to push for this lynch even when no support materialized for it suggests that you want to get rid of the characters you think we represent, and therefore are scum.

I have God in green because he was not working for the Apocalypse in the book. His ways were ineffable, but on my interpretation, his support was solidly behind Adam in whatever choices he decided to make. The same cannot be said about Metatron, hence the yellow.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

At least I'm trying to participate, which I can't say for a large number of the people in this game. :?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:14 pm

Post by mith »

If we were not who everyone thinks we are
I think I've gotten lost, with all the replacements. Definitely need to reread after jury duty tomorrow.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:56 pm

I was attempting, in that post, to state that I was at fault and retract my arguments. That would be exactly the opposite of continuing to push for your lynching.

And lack of immediate support, with the number of lurkers and yesterday's deadline, was hardly a reason to give up a possible lead. (The roleclaim rules also complicated counterclaiming.) However, now that there has not only been a lack of support but also and more importantly evidence which clearly contradicts my suspicion, I have withdrawn.

I've made my accusations and they've been proven incorrect. Now I'm going to go accuse someone else as soon as there's a potentially valid and logical reason for me to do so. Hopefully I'll be right this time, if not I'll look at the other options and try again.

And I'd suppose the fact that the world did not, in fact, end is evidence that God is good. I'm not entirely sold on His innocence, though. If I recall (Didn't bring the book with me, but will replace it if it becomes necessary) His motives and objectives are left just a little bit unclear. God is tricky like that, mysterious ways and such.
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:03 pm

Post by mith »

Unvote: korais, Vote: GH

Day's dragging as usual, and it doesn't look like anyone is interested in voting korais.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:21 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline Saturday 8PM US Eastern Time.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Annoyingpest
Annoyingpest
Townie
Annoyingpest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:06 pm

Post by Annoyingpest »

Hi I'm here to play I'm just taking my sweet time to catch up... I started reading from Page 1 but... I think i'll just start on 20 and work my way up.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Still happy with my vote. Is there a way to ensure that our supposed-cop and supposed-vigilante don't hit the same target at night?
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:10 pm

Eh, given more thought, and I think I'm gonna
Vote: Blackberry

It's not the nicest thing to do since he's apparently not here until the weekend, but that doesn't really matter and the theories for roland or mith seem more wrong the more I think about them.
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Post by mith »

Mr. Flay, I wasn't planning on killing unless I have a good reason to, or we are nearing an endgame.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wait -
Dragon Slayer, deadline THIS Saturday?
Just checking... and can we get a vote count before that time, so we know how close we are to being able to lynch?

mith - good point, I'm just finding a target-rich environment right now, but maybe that just means it's a good thing I'm not the vigilante. :roll:

While I agree with Blackberry being pretty scummy, the short time frame left to us and his absence make it very unlikely we can trigger a lynch on him. I'm still not convinced he's not just a newbie, anyway. Maybe a night will prove otherwise...
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:33 am

Post by olio »

I'm writing this with my friends computer as my graphic card stopped working. I should get new one next week, but before that I can't access internet from my home. My apologies.

with joy, Olio
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I'm back from vacation.

I am not pleased that GH has decided to target me, but then again he is in a pretty tight spot. I continue to keep my Olio, for the same reasons as before. I believe he is a horseman.

I would also like to state that I am not scum and that I am a mason role. I'm assuming I am aloud to say that because I didn't disclose which role I am.

Annoyingpest - if you are replacing PitBull I would appreciate if you confirmed my mason role.

~ Blackberry
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:20 pm

Blackberry wrote:I'm back from vacation.
Most excellent
Blackberry wrote:I am not pleased that GH has decided to target me, but then again he is in a pretty tight spot. I continue to keep my Olio, for the same reasons as before. I believe he is a horseman.
Especially with a deadline it's imperative that I vote, and I can't really bandwagon on myself. You're simply the top of my list, a position the flimsy argument against olio contributes to.
Blackberry wrote:I would also like to state that I am not scum and that I am a mason role. I'm assuming I am aloud to say that because I didn't disclose which role I am.

Annoyingpest - if you are replacing PitBull I would appreciate if you confirmed my mason role.
1. PitBull has not been replaced. Annoyingpest is replacing The Machine 86 who was replacing KingEnigma (Confusing, ain't it?.)

2. What the hell? How many masons does this game have anyway? All but one (possible) witchfinder are dead and we supposedly have the Them covered. Who are you going to be, the rest of the resident's association? Goddam game has too many masons...
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Blackberry wrote:I would also like to state that I am not scum and that I am a mason role. I'm assuming I am aloud to say that because I didn't disclose which role I am.

Crap. Assuming that DS was talking about *this* Saturday like it appears, we're too late to switch, but I'm thinking it's time to test someone of the Masons, any Masons.... :evil:
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:23 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Should have said 10 to lynch (as it had on previous vote counts). 19 was the number of players still alive. ( :shock: )

*Cue cheap exciting music*
*raise lights*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thank you for watching Channel 666, your primary source for Apocalypse related news, and welcome to our evening show. It seems half the town has turned in early tonight, with activity meeting almost a standstill. However, there were still enough active voters to bring a lynch candidate to their impending doom. A search of Genocide Heart's house brings authorities to the conclusion that he was in fact,
Ligur, (Likewise a Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell).
Hopefully this is a continued sign of good luck for the town. That's all for tonight, tune into our morning show tomorrow.

*fade out*

It is Night 5, choices please.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Still missing a few, send em in or we'll move on without.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:03 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

*Raise lights*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Good morning, it is 8AM on day 5. Two tragedies occurred lat night. What investigators believe to be a dog was found burned almost beyond any recognition. The owned has not been identified and has not stepped forward. Our scene reporter has the update on the other terrible event of last night.
Locus Cosecant, dog, was found killed night 5.

Nondescript Reporter: Well the town has become painfully used to death recently, however that doesn’t lessen the shock of finding yet another person murdered.
Madam Tracy (RolandoftheWhite) died night 5.
Back to you blonde anchorwoman.

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thanks for watching, tune into channel 666 for your evening show, later today.

*fade out*

It is now Day 5, by my count it’s 9 to lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”