hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by hewitt »

SlySly wrote:The thanks I get for saving someone's neck!!! rofl!!
It shouldn't have been a case of "saving" my neck. It should've been a case of you nominating the two scummiest players that we all wanted to get rid of it at this stage in the game.
Kmd4390 wrote:Hewitt, I find the use of the word "pawn" weird next to the names you list.
I would expect and hope SlySly would be evicted however if for some reason public opinion changed and SlySly was saved I would not mind any of those three being evicted. Basically I guess anybody is a pawn against SlySly but I would rather not risk losing a player who I think is more helpful and more likely to be a floater.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't consider a nomination a pawn if there is a reasonable chance that they will be evicted. Any of your "pawns" could easily be evicted against Sly.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by hewitt »

Kmd4390 wrote:I don't consider a nomination a pawn if there is a reasonable chance that they will be evicted. Any of your "pawns" could easily be evicted against Sly.
And I would have no problem with that, in Big Brother the pawn gets evicted quite often.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by SlySly »

SlySly wrote: The thanks I get for saving someone's neck!!!
rofl!!
It was a joke. How can obv-sarcasm be missed so easily. Notice the bold part? I've already stated that being HoH puts a bullseye on your back from the people who disagree with your actions. It is the nature of the position. I won't be the last HoH to get a bullseye on their back based on their actions, just wait and see.

-----------------------------------------
Snow_Bunny wrote:What were you expecting with your scummy actions? Be declared safe town for the rest of the game?
You may not agree with my methods, but I have done nothing other than try to put scum on the block with each of my 3 nominations.

As long as I am alive in this game, you can rest assured I will participate in every phase that is happening, unlike what you have done. Non-participation has someone on the block right now based on the reasoning of majority suggestion, keep up your non-participating ways and you may find yourself on the block as well. Let's not forget that you have had a few players looking your way suspiciously, too. Your choice to not participate in phases of the game is not helping your safety in any way. Non-participation, as the majority suggestion reasoning suggests, = anti-town.

Ever watched BB? Things can change in the blink of an eye from what everyone is expecting. No one is safe from eviction, including me, you and everyone else. There is still a POV, and the coup d'etat left and you never know who the evictee will put in power and who the new HoH will put on the block. Just because they say something, doesn't mean that is how it will end up.

-----------------------------------------
Kmd4390 wrote: Sly, so we agree that the veto being used quickly was probably wrong, correct?
Yes. It was a hasty decision to use at that point and it killed discussion.
Kmd4390 wrote: Because I thought your issue was the fact that it was used. If it was the speed of it, I can see that. Although that seems more like a playstyle thing than a scumtell.
The discussion of kmd vs. Sens would have made it more clear if it needed to be used at all. If the discussion made it clear one of you were town and the other was scum and the scum was being voted out, there would have been no reason to use it at all, unless of course the POV holder was scum and had to get their buddy off the block. Calling the quick use "playstyle" could be a cover for Paltry. Paltry had POV at the start of the game. Assuming Paltry is scum, the plan of using it quickly if any buddies were put on the block to prevent such information being revealed, could have easily been discussed with the person being saved from the block instructed to present the exact "playstyle" argument that you have presented. Not likely, but it is possible. There are some very smart people that play this game and they just happen to be thinking ahead scum sometimes. If the discussion revealed you were both scum, there would have been no reason to use the POV, unless, like stated before, the POV holder was scum and using it to save a buddy. If the discussion revealed you to both be town and the person the POV holder was planning to save was not getting the votes to evict, there would be no reason to use it.
Kmd4390 wrote: Sly, how the hell have you "saved Hewitt's neck"? You nominated him (well..Sens) for eviction.
See above. Hewitt is on the block now, he is far from safe, but I will be surprised if he is voted out over DisCode the way he most likely would have been if I put him up against Llama.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sly wrote:Non-participation has someone on the block right now based on the reasoning of majority suggestion
What majority suggestion?

------------

Ok, I get what you are saying about the veto.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Sly wrote:Non-participation has someone on the block right now based on the reasoning of majority suggestion
SlySly wrote:
slysly wrote:
Replacement suggestions and reasoning so far:

Llama(1)
- SlySly (tunneling, lobby for waste of POV, ignoring questions)
zwet(2)
- Mr. finch (non-participation, useless), animo (non-participation, useless)
saber(1)
- hewitt (policy lynch, suspects won't be helpful)
snow_bunny(1)
- saber (no reason given)
animo(2)
- Llama (crap he pulled), Crazy (ani voted Sens due to Sens replacement request)
siroginous(1)
- pablito (saying a bunch of nothing, push for specific plan earlier)
3 votes by reason of not helpful or non-participation, 4 if you cound pablito's "bunch of nothing" reasoning.
No other suggestion vote reason had more than 1 vote.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Sly - Please will you define non-participation and for me?

Bear a couple of things in mind though:

1. I am GMT based. When most of you are online I am in bed or heading that way.
2. I am doing my best - if that'snot good enough then please let me know and I will step out so another floater can replace me.
3. I have posted to the best of my ability in every 24 hour period since the game started. I am trying to keep up. I do not often manage to get access (or time) to read and post in the same break from work so am limited to reading at lunchtime and posting in the early evening (my time).
4. When people have banter going such as you, Hewitt and Llama it's really hard to break into that conversation and get yourself heard.

I gave what I thought were reasonable reasons for voting who I thought would be best as nominees and because they didn't agree with what you thought they are useless?

@Hewitt - you obviously missed my last post too. I said (paraphrasing) "when Sens was up I would vote for him. Now I am not sure." I also said that I would put Zwet up. I truly believe that it better to have a player that participates whether scum or town than one who is absent. It creates discussion which is always good.
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Crazy »

All this BB-talk is annoying me. This is not Big Brother; this is mafia where people are lynched in the style of Big Brother.

The DisCode nomination also stinks; I'm thinking that I'll put up Sly if I'm HoH tomorrow. He just needs to be replaced.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for... at this point I'm slightly leaning towards hewitt... because there's nothing terribly scummy about DisCode, and I want to give his replacement a chance. Also, I find hewitt mildly scummy... though I don't exactly remember why.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:37 am

Post by SlySly »

Crazy wrote: All this BB-talk is annoying me. This is not Big Brother; this is mafia where people are lynched in the style of Big Brother.
If you don't like flavor, don't sign up for theme games. This is Big Brother Mafia. It is a combination of both games, period. You can't separate them.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Mr Finch »

The DisCode nomination also stinks; I'm thinking that I'll put up Sly if I'm HoH tomorrow. He just needs to be replaced.
What makes you think you'll be HOH tomorrow? Somebody saying "if I'm evicted I'll nom xxx" doesn't mean you'll get it. Unless you know otherwise of course.
there's nothing terribly scummy about DisCode, and I want to give his replacement a chance. Also, I find hewitt mildly scummy... though I don't exactly remember why.
There's nothing particularly town about DisCode either. Replacement? What about giving Hewitt a chance?
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Nominee bv310/Hewitt vote count:

bv310 (1) Kmd4390
Hewitt (0)

Deadline is Monday Dec 14, 5:00pm PST

Note: DisCode has not picked up his prod and zwet needs to be replaced.
I have one replacement in mind which I will use for Discode today.
Last edited by farside22 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:08 am

Post by farside22 »

bv310 replaces DisCode
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SlySly wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
SlySly wrote:
slysly wrote:
Replacement suggestions and reasoning so far:

Llama(1)
- SlySly (tunneling, lobby for waste of POV, ignoring questions)
zwet(2)
- Mr. finch (non-participation, useless), animo (non-participation, useless)
saber(1)
- hewitt (policy lynch, suspects won't be helpful)
snow_bunny(1)
- saber (no reason given)
animo(2)
- Llama (crap he pulled), Crazy (ani voted Sens due to Sens replacement request)
siroginous(1)
- pablito (saying a bunch of nothing, push for specific plan earlier)
3 votes by reason of not helpful or non-participation, 4 if you cound pablito's "bunch of nothing" reasoning.
No other suggestion vote reason had more than 1 vote.
What are you talking about? No one with more than 1 vote on this list was even nominated. I see Zwet and Animorph with 2 votes and I see Hewitt and DisCode on the block. (And technically 2 is plurality, not majority)
SlySly wrote: If you don't like flavor, don't sign up for theme games. This is Big Brother Mafia. It is a combination of both games, period. You can't separate them.
No it isn't. It's a mafia game first. It just happens to be a Big Brother theme.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: What are you talking about? No one with more than 1 vote on this list was even nominated. I see Zwet and Animorph with 2 votes and I see Hewitt and DisCode on the block. (And technically 2 is plurality, not majority)
You are ignoring the reasons. The reasoning is what I went with. 3 made it majority over plurality.
Kmd4390 wrote:
SlySly wrote: If you don't like flavor, don't sign up for theme games. This is Big Brother Mafia. It is a combination of both games, period. You can't separate them.
No it isn't. It's a mafia game first. It just happens to be a Big Brother theme.
Yes, it is. It is a combined game, not one first and then the other. The name of the game is Big Brother Mafia. Point me to another game of mafia that has POV and coup d'eta. This is not called Mafia with touches of Big Brother.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:34 am

Post by bv310 »

Dang. I replace in and I'm under suspicion and nominated for eviction already. :P

I'll give the next hour or so to reading all 27 pages. Wish me luck.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Crazy »

Sly wrote:If you don't like flavor, don't sign up for theme games. This is Big Brother Mafia. It is a combination of both games, period. You can't separate them.
This is a mafia game that uses Big Brother mechanics to determine how people are lynched. That's it. Big Brother strategies, on the other hand, are completely irrelevant here, since the goal of this game is to elimate all opposing factions, while the goal of Big Brother is simply to not be evicted.
Mr Finch wrote:What makes you think you'll be HOH tomorrow? Somebody saying "if I'm evicted I'll nom xxx" doesn't mean you'll get it. Unless you know otherwise of course.
I didn't mean to imply I thought I'd be HoH; I was just saying that as a way to express my suspicion.
Mr Finch wrote:There's nothing particularly town about DisCode either. Replacement? What about giving Hewitt a chance?
DisCode's early posts seemed rather pro-town. But then so did SensFan's, I guess. Like I said, I'm kind of on the fence.
Sly wrote:You are ignoring the reasons. The reasoning is what I went with. 3 made it majority over plurality.
Then why not put up zwet over DisCode? Or at least someone that people actually voted for. DisCode flaked from the game; that's something else entirely.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 am

Post by SlySly »

Crazy wrote: Then why not put up zwet over DisCode? Or at least someone that people actually voted for. DisCode flaked from the game; that's something else entirely.
I wanted to put Llama up but I felt that would just get hewitt evicted. Since hewitt has seem pretty pro-town to me since he has joined the game, I didn't necessarily want to see him evicted. So, I looked through what Llama had said and put up the person who he said he wanted in power for seemingly no good reason. When asked about it by kmd, Llama ignored the question. Saying DisCode flaked as opposed to him lurking is pure, unprovable speculation WIFOM. DisCode was as guilty as zwet for the same things zwet was being persecuted for and I just chose to go with the guy that seemed to have a connection to the guy I really wanted on the block.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:13 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'd like to get bv310's opiniions on everyone currently playing (and the people they replaced, if applicable)
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:50 am

Post by saberwolf »

animorpherv1 wrote:I'd like to get bv310's opiniions on everyone currently playing (and the people they replaced, if applicable)
Trying to seem town by adding filler. He already stated he was gonna catch up and offer opinions.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 am

Post by hewitt »

Mr Finch wrote:@Hewitt - you obviously missed my last post too. I said (paraphrasing) "when Sens was up I would vote for him. Now I am not sure." I also said that I would put Zwet up. I truly believe that it better to have a player that participates whether scum or town than one who is absent. It creates discussion which is always good.
That's why I'm nominating SlySly against a player like zwetschenwasser if I were to get picked as the next HoH.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

saberwolf wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:I'd like to get bv310's opiniions on everyone currently playing (and the people they replaced, if applicable)
Trying to seem town by adding filler. He already stated he was gonna catch up and offer opinions.
I missed the opinions part. I saw he was gonan read through.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Crazy »

Sly wrote:I wanted to put Llama up but I felt that would just get hewitt evicted. Since hewitt has seem pretty pro-town to me since he has joined the game, I didn't necessarily want to see him evicted. So, I looked through what Llama had said and put up the person who he said he wanted in power for seemingly no good reason. When asked about it by kmd, Llama ignored the question. Saying DisCode flaked as opposed to him lurking is pure, unprovable speculation WIFOM. DisCode was as guilty as zwet for the same things zwet was being persecuted for and I just chose to go with the guy that seemed to have a connection to the guy I really wanted on the block.
Going off of an associative tell for the first vote is very weird. Especially since your main reason for thinking Llama is scum was his relation to Kmd and Sens (in regard to his explanation for his vote for Kmd as HoH, which you didn't like)! I think you're spiraling a bit out of control here with your whole "DisCode is tied to LlamaFluff, and LlamaFluff is tied to Kmd, and since Kmd is scum, that means LlamaFluff is scum, so DisCode is also scum." And all this without Kmd even flipping scum yet!

As for DisCode flaking, yes, he did flake. The evidence that he flaked is in the fact that he got replaced. He was not lurking, he just plainly disappeared.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 am

Post by SlySly »

Crazy wrote: Going off of an associative tell for the first vote is very weird.
It is better than going off of nothing which is what 11 out of 13 wanted me to do.
Crazy wrote: I think you're spiraling a bit out of control here with your whole "DisCode is tied to LlamaFluff, and LlamaFluff is tied to Kmd, and since Kmd is scum, that means LlamaFluff is scum, so DisCode is also scum." And all this without Kmd even flipping scum yet!
Think what you want. I put a list of my suspicions up to create discussion and watch for reactions and connections. They created all 3. I read what I saw and placed up who I thought was scum based on what had been said up until the time I confirmed my picks. I suspect kmd far less than I did at the time I nominated him and I suspect Llama far more. That is in no way to say that kmd is cleared as town to me yet, but he seems to be actually doing some scumhunting, where others who yell louder aren't.
Crazy wrote: As for DisCode flaking, yes, he did flake. The evidence that he flaked is in the fact that he got replaced. He was not lurking, he just plainly disappeared.
He wasn't replaced when I nominated him. WIFOM.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by bv310 »

Working on it, although the mild drunk I'm heading towards may lead to some spelling errors. (sorry, finals week and everybody's finished for a few days)
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Firstly, to answer your question on why I got a town-read on SensFan:
A) He wanted to use a previously successful strategy in order to help out the town.
B) Upon catching up, SensFan took on the most likely candidate at that time for HoH. This is either really ballsy scum, or truthful town.
C) A support of either you or KMD was logical to me at that point, although I thought KMD was wrong, he did satisfy what I wanted in an HoH: thinking and scumhunting. Wrong interpretation, but a good choice for people who weren't me if they believed his case.

I didn't really agree with the reasons he was scummy that I saw as given:
A) He was deliberately lurking until he got the prod. That's ridiculous.
B) His emotional quitting was because he was scum. As I said before, ballsy scum or honest town. Ballsy scum who doesn't have the backbone to keep to his own claims? It doesn't seem likely. Honest town that didn't think things through? More likely.

Overall: Pro-town read.

About what I've missed recently:
I would've preferred a zwet or ani nom, but I'm in no position to complain due to my departure. What I have seen is that the current HoH has nominated two people who were being replaced and were not in a position to defend themselves.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”