Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:32 am

Post by SensFan »

Where else have you heard the word bussing, without the meaning?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

SensFan wrote:Where else have you heard the word bussing, without the meaning?
Reading other games.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:08 am

Post by SensFan »

Under what context had you seen the word bussing to mean what you thought it meant?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I just thought it was OK to suggest scumpairs in Day 1.
Now I know it's not.
FLASH OF GREEN
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by jee »

Sens, I'm not sure how you are getting this whole arguement just because someone used a word, and you think they didn't know what it meant. There's no proof... let it go.

Scum pairs can get suggested whenever, its just kind of ridiculous to be pointing them out early in the game because everyone attacks everyone. There isn't an easy way to find a pair with so little to go on.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Ellibereth - 1 (SensFan)

Not Voting - 4 (Deer, jee, Mr Finch, RPG*Twilight, Tuberkulos)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Thursday, December 24.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Having read and re-read this game I have realised that my play so far has sucked. I apologise.

From what I have seen on my re-read, SensFan is tunelling. Exactly as Jee states it's a word. Let it go. There's now been 7 pages of posts with you going on about it.

Now, I looked back at the very first page where Sens OMGUS RVS'd (supposedly) for DLA and DLA ended up dead.
SensFan wrote: My job is to make sure you guys don't get hung up on trivial details like that. It had nothing to do with defending Eli in specific, more just pointing out why the whole logic of attacking Eli is wrong.
Hello, Kettle, this is pot calling...

So, as people seem to be so fond of saying, I am playing a gut feeling -

Vote: Sensfan
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 am

Post by SensFan »

I know it looks like nothing to you guys, but trust me. I've played in countless Newb Games, and I know a slip when I see one. I'm 99% positive she's Scum.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Sorry, this has bugged me the whole game and I am surprised that Elli hasn't corrected it already:
SensFan wrote:I know it looks like nothing to you guys, but trust me. I've played in countless Newb Games, and I know a slip when I see one. I'm 99% positive
He's
Scum.
Of course this assumes that Elli really does have a winky and isn't lying scum!

Back to the game, that's what you said (in more words) about DLA and he flipped town.

Ok, it might be a scumtell, but from what I have seen so far it's not a huge tell for someone that has mostly been said to have a pro-town attitude. We can't discount the theory that he may be scum as there's two dead townies and no dead scum.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 am

Post by SensFan »

Mr Finch wrote:Sorry, this has bugged me the whole game and I am surprised that Elli hasn't corrected it already:
SensFan wrote:I know it looks like nothing to you guys, but trust me. I've played in countless Newb Games, and I know a slip when I see one. I'm 99% positive
He's
Scum.
Of course this assumes that Elli really does have a winky and isn't lying scum!
Whoops, my bad :oops:
My buddy's girlfriend is named Elli, so with the way Elli's name is shortened, I assumed you were a girl. My mistake!
Mr Finch wrote:Back to the game, that's what you said (in more words) about DLA and he flipped town.

Ok, it might be a scumtell, but from what I have seen so far it's not a huge tell for someone that has mostly been said to have a pro-town attitude. We can't discount the theory that he may be scum as there's two dead townies and no dead scum.
I think you're mixing things up. DLA was scummy because he was going out of his way to be obnoxious and useless. Elli has dropped a slip, and from my experience playing with countless Newbs, I know a slip when I see one.

The fact he used the term bussing without knowing what it meant means he saw it somewhere in a context that wasn't clear what it meant. I don't think he would get that mix-up if he actually read a game, I think it's vastly more likely he was reading about tips for playing as Scum and came across the term.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Elli has dropped a slip, and from my experience playing with countless Newbs, I know a slip when I see one.
As our resident IC I will have to bow to your "slip knowledge". I don't necessarily agree with it but accept it.

I have to admit that with the absolute lack of posting from all of us, I have absolutely no idea to go with suspicions of scum.

The following is for my benefit as much as anything! (re-read/scan from start of day 2

Jee - I am fairly happy that he's pro town. Has stood up to my pathetic attempts at stirring him up and has given reasonable answers. This post quote:
You make it seem like you were attacking Elli, and Elli needed to defend him/her self or you were gonna threaten a vote.
Attacking Deer or defending Elli?

Deer - Lots of questioning of others without answering himself. Avoiding? Lurking? Finals?

Kami/Tuber - two posts so far from Tuber, not a damned thing to go on. Suspecting Deer as scum right now?

Elli - A couple of people believe scum (Sens and Deer) with some questioning from Jee. Seems to have gone to single line posts instead of explained discussion.

RPG - Null tell so far. May be pro-town. Gut feeling says suspecting Sens, though may be purely hypothetical. Hasn't posted since Monday when he said he'd re-read and would be back later. Maybe work got in the way again. may be lurking.

Sens - most vocal, led the charge on DLA and now Elli.

Finch - Definitely pro-town - trying hard to participate! :)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 am

Post by SensFan »

Mr Finch wrote:Sens - most vocal
Just pointing out that this is more important than you may realize. If I'm the most vocal, it's not unusual for me to commmit the most 'scumtells', due to sheer volume of content.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:55 am

Post by jee »

SensFan wrote:I know it looks like nothing to you guys, but trust me. I've played in countless Newb Games, and I know a slip when I see one. I'm 99% positive she's Scum.
That may be true but we can't just charge into another mislynch with only that.
SensFan wrote:The fact he used the term bussing without knowing what it meant means he saw it somewhere in a context that wasn't clear what it meant. I don't think he would get that mix-up if he actually read a game, I think it's vastly more likely he was reading about tips for playing as Scum and came across the term.
How is this a fact? Where does he admit to using the word without knowing what it means. You assumed he did, asked him what it meant, and Elli produced an answer that was correct. And in my opinion, he was using it correctly.
See below

From Elli:
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much? Unvote, Vote jee
in reference to me voting for Deer without explination. He thought I was trying to attack a teammate in order to distance myself from him, and thats how he called it. IT ISNT ANYTHING TO GO FROM. Unless you can explain yourself how this is FACTually a slip up. Other than that, it's just another accusation in Mafia.
Mr Finch wrote:
jee wrote:You make it seem like you were attacking Elli, and Elli needed to defend him/her self or you were gonna threaten a vote.
Attacking Deer or defending Elli?
1. Can you make sure you tag the quotes with names? I got confused for a second. Its this just in case you didn't know:

Code: Select all

[quote="Name"]fasjdlfadf[/quote]

Thanks. You may have known that and just forgot, but just sayin.

2. It was an attack on Deer. Deer said he was waiting for a defense from Elli, without ever attacking Elli himself. It threw up a red flag for me. Possibly a buss in my opinion. Yes, I said it... a buss.
SensFan wrote:
Mr Finch wrote:Sens - most vocal
Just pointing out that this is more important than you may realize. If I'm the most vocal, it's not unusual for me to commmit the most 'scumtells', due to sheer volume of content.
That may be a reason he pointed it out. But as far as I'm concerned, All of your content is either

1. Pointing Elli out because of his use of the word 'buss'

OR

2. Arguing with DLA and eventually getting him mislynched. (Although I agree, he definately wasn't helping the town in any way)

So all of your 'content' (tunneling) isn't going to clear yourself as town.

I think we should all go through and post our top 2 suspects as of right now.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

I'm going to post tomorrow, this week have been a hell. I usually post more frequently and hopefully this game wont be an exception (from here on).
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by SensFan »

jee wrote:
SensFan wrote:I know it looks like nothing to you guys, but trust me. I've played in countless Newb Games, and I know a slip when I see one. I'm 99% positive she's Scum.
That may be true but we can't just charge into another mislynch with only that.
SensFan wrote:The fact he used the term bussing without knowing what it meant means he saw it somewhere in a context that wasn't clear what it meant. I don't think he would get that mix-up if he actually read a game, I think it's vastly more likely he was reading about tips for playing as Scum and came across the term.
How is this a fact? Where does he admit to using the word without knowing what it means. You assumed he did, asked him what it meant, and Elli produced an answer that was correct. And in my opinion, he was using it correctly.
See below

From Elli:
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much? Unvote, Vote jee
in reference to me voting for Deer without explination. He thought I was trying to attack a teammate in order to distance myself from him, and thats how he called it. IT ISNT ANYTHING TO GO FROM. Unless you can explain yourself how this is FACTually a slip up. Other than that, it's just another accusation in Mafia.
Because that's not bussing, its distancing.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Deer »

@Mr. Finch - Finals. Sorry, so much studying. ugh.

@Sens - In my opinion, Elli used bus correctly, as jee said. Kind of confused on your logic, but I still have a bad feeling about Elli, based on early activities d1, especially the "bandwagon" during the RVS stage.

@Elli - care to explain said "bandwagon"? i didn't feel like you gave adequate reasoning during d1.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by SensFan »

Deer wrote:@Sens - In my opinion, Elli used bus correctly, as jee said.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The right term would have been distancing, not bussing. You can't bus someone on page 2.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Yeah, I'm a boy. :P Been too lazy to correct it. I don't really mind though.

@Sens:
We're going to get nowhere with you calling it a slip, when it's just a misuse of wording. Clearly jee/deer also don't understand what it means that well. I respect your experience, but you're just wrong this time.
deer wrote: @Elli - care to explain said "bandwagon"? i didn't feel like you gave adequate reasoning during d1.
Elli wrote: In general, about the early bandwagon thing. No one was getting quick lynched. Why the heck would mafia quick hammer?? It's like screaming to everyone , "Hi! I'm scum!"
Would I have minded if there was a quick lynch? No, we would have just caught the scum.

All in all, I feel all the arguments saying it's scummy are all wrong, and I won't be replying about it again unless someone comes up with someone drastically new.
I'm tired of people saying an early bandwagon is scummy. It's not. I would do it again. Fin.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

jee wrote:It was an attack on Deer. Deer said he was waiting for a defense from Elli, without ever attacking Elli himself. It threw up a red flag for me. Possibly a buss in my opinion. Yes, I said it... a buss.
How the heck does the above have anything to do with bussing.
FLASH OF GREEN
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by jee »

SensFan wrote:Because that's not bussing, its distancing.
Its bussing that indirectly leads to distancing. You can buss someone non any page. You can attack your scum partner at anytime.

@Elli, because Deer acted like he was attacking a Elli. But the thing is, he never attacked him until now.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

So okay guys, I really hate to do this in mid-game, but RL has gone full throttle and I am moving tomorrow. There will be a huge V/LA there, so I just as soon get replaced, and not have it linger. That's what's been keeping me away, it's been sudden, therefore hard to know IF it was going to happen, or when.

So again, my apologies, for this is not my way of participating. Good luck to all!

In short: MOD: replace me. Thank you.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

quick (naughty)post before work starts:

1. Jee - Yeah, I know about quoting and usually get it right, apologies! I agree, we can't go for a potential mislynch with just Elli's "slip".
Jee wrote:in reference to me voting for Deer without explination. He thought I was trying to attack a teammate in order to
distance
myself from him, and thats how he called it.
I think you used the right word here (bolded). However, I think there's a fairly thin line between distancing and bussing. I am not 100% on the terms and this is my interpretation:

Distancing
- disagreeing strongly with a potential scum partner to make you seem town when the other player is seen to be scum by other players.

Bussing
- outright attacking of the other player going as far as voting for them in an attempt to protect yourself.

@RPG - thanks for letting us know, I hope things pick up for you and you have a great festive season.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Looking for a replacement for RPG*Twilight

totallynotmafia replaces RPG*Twilight
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:43 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Hi guys I'm totallynotmafia!

This is my first game ever so you'll have to bare with me, I've read through a couple of other games though while I've been waiting so I think I have the general gist of it. I'll read through the game first and then try to offer some ideas.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Welcome! Good luck! Scum!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”