bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

A day without posting does not qualify as being really quiet, CKD. And considering SW's play since my last post, I'm very happy with my vote. The only defense I'm seeing for SW is that his play is too anti-town to make him scum, and that is one of the worst WIFOM defenses I've seen.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

saberwolf, please refrain from discussing ongoing games.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by saberwolf »

ZEEnon wrote:
saberwolf, please refrain from discussing ongoing games.
sorry
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
GinzkeyPlatz
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by GinzkeyPlatz »

saberwolf wrote:
Scum: Bigmc and Lynx

It's easy to see, game over.

Make sure one of these two is lynched at some point when I'm gone.
You're acting like your lynch is a sure thing now. Are you going to act normal from now on or just keep teasing us? I need to know if I should just hammer you now so you're not a liability later on.

I think you are right that multiple scum are on your wagon but why them specifically? Do you think they are on the same scum team?
curiouskarmadog wrote:someone tell me why scum would act like saber...they want to fit in..they want to go unnoticed..they want to look town....does it surprise me that saber doesnt seem to have any friends here? no. Pretty sure he is town....really it is WIFOM, but there are other people that are scummier if you look between the lines.
I don't agree with this logic. The bet has seemed to influence his playstyle over anything else, because he has to keep joining games he otherwise wouldn't. So he is probably acting this way with any role to get killed in his games faster. All we have to work with is straight odds, which are still pretty good.

But what do you mean other people are scummier, though? Do you think saberwolf at least looks somewhat scummy?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Budja »

I'm still a bit torn with Saber. I agree with Ginz ^. He may be trying but he is probably apathetic to his lynch regardless of alignment.
The good thing about this setup is that there is probably scum on his wagon no matter what his alignment is. I'd rather pick off one of the more opportunistic voters today.

@Lynx, yeah your right, I voted for BigMC because I liked CKD's case. I'm not having a great time picking scum out.
Lynx wrote:Saber's defense concerning his flipping town doesn't excuse his behavior. Just because you've flipped town in other games does not even remotely influence the outcome of this game. They're not related and really have no place in this.
The don johnson defense again :P.
It is awful logic but pretty null as a scumtell IMO

FoS: hewitt
, that turnaround was a bit dodgy.

BigMC, hewitt, MR are good lynches.
Then Saber, then everyone else.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Lowell »

I'm turned around on saber. For whatever reason I'm convinced he's town.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by hewitt »

Budja wrote:
saberwolf, considering everything that's going on in all our games, was my turnaround unexpected?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by saberwolf »

hewitt wrote:
Budja wrote:
saberwolf, considering everything that's going on in all our games, was my turnaround unexpected?
I have no idea what you are talking about :?
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

GinzkeyPlatz wrote:You're acting like your lynch is a sure thing now. Are you going to act normal from now on or just keep teasing us? I need to know if I should just hammer you now so you're not a liability later on.
This is how he acted the last time I played with him (actually in this same setup). He got wagoned, attempted a gambit and resigned himself to his lynch and gave his thoughts. He was VT.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Budja »

@Scott, was this during the "bet" or after?

@hewitt, appealing to saberwolf probably isn't your best bet :P.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

1-2 pages behind....will hit today or tomorrow...need to get my modded game out of night first.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

As far as I know it was before.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Scott Brosius wrote:
GinzkeyPlatz wrote:You're acting like your lynch is a sure thing now. Are you going to act normal from now on or just keep teasing us? I need to know if I should just hammer you now so you're not a liability later on.
This is how he acted the last time I played with him (actually in this same setup). He got wagoned, attempted a gambit and resigned himself to his lynch and gave his thoughts. He was VT.
So how did the setup go last time?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I'm not sure what you mean.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 am

Post by saberwolf »

I was VT and scott was seer if I recall. Town won.
Show

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Yep
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

I meant I've never played this setup before and I was wondering what to expect. The closest I've played is 6:3:3 nightless and that was one big clusterfuck, imo. Weren't you also in that game Lowell?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
GinzkeyPlatz
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
GinzkeyPlatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by GinzkeyPlatz »

unvote;
Vote: Memorable Raindrops

He certainly had an opportunistic vote and has been absent from all other discussion. There are 5 scum but he seems okay with only having 1 suspect to end the day. Its an easy and convenient way for scum to play and I'll keep thinking that until he starts playing pro-town.

Right now I can believe that hewitt's vote was influence by multiple games with saberwolf and a growing frustration, so it doesn't feel as unnatural.

My current stance is that I hope saberwolf will take the game more seriously if he lives one or more days. I think he will if he realizes he's stuck with us.

bigmc I'm torn on right now. The timing of his vote doesn't bother me anymore, but his "actual scum hunting" in post 95 looks like a stretch to me. It looks like bigmc essentially calls saberwolf's attack on Lynx scummy because has a difference of opinion. But I also have bad vibes on curiouskarmadog. This is something I will have to sort out. :?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote Count:

saberwolf:
Memorable Raindrops, bigmc109, Paradoxombie, dank, Lynx The Antithesis, hewitt
bigmc109:
curiouskarmadog, Budja, Lowell, saberwolf
hewitt:
Scott Brosius
Memorable Raindrops:
GinzkeyPlatz

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: December 23rd, 2009 at approximately 10 p.m.
Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Memorable Raindrops »

GinzkeyPlatz wrote:
unvote;
Vote: Memorable Raindrops

He certainly had an opportunistic vote and has been absent from all other discussion. There are 5 scum but he seems okay with only having 1 suspect to end the day. Its an easy and convenient way for scum to play and I'll keep thinking that until he starts playing pro-town.
It's convenient for me because I don't know what else to say. I keep up with my games and I'm not much of a scum-hunter. I'm actually very new to this type of game, and given that I have had one real game of experience (my join date was back then, but school swamped me and I never played a game). That one game of experience is ongoing, and I just got lynched (I joined this game afterwards.)

Anyways, I keep up with my games, but I usually don't have much to say.

Right now, I think Saberwolf is worth lynching. Why? He came into this game and made himself stand out. To me, personally, it was annoying. All of this bet stuff, all of this "lynch me, I've self-hammered before, look at my other games where I played this way and came up town, oh you guys will be sorry, wait no this is just a bet." So much meta, and honestly I am going to plop my vote there and feel GREAT. And then he just says "UNVOTE VOTE X, never mind, UNVOTE VOTE X Because the other wagon isn't gaining, YOU ARE MY OTHER PICK."

In addition: Considering there are two separate ""scum groups," why would Saberwolf say "game over, X and X are scum??"
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by dank »

He came into this game and made himself stand out.
Why is this scummy? Why would mafia stand out?
To me, personally, it was annoying.
Does annoying you make someone mafia?
"lynch me, I've self-hammered before, look at my other games where I played this way and came up town, oh you guys will be sorry, wait no this is just a bet."
Why is this something scum would say?

I understand that you're new here, and the fact that you have so few posts on the site calls for a bit of leniency, but you're going to need to explain why you're doing what your doing. Your vote on saber looks horrible, and you have not contributed much at all since then. You try to offer an explanation here, but I did not find it very revealing. Answering the above questions will help.

In addition- who else do you suspect?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Lowell »

Paradoxombie wrote:I meant I've never played this setup before and I was wondering what to expect. The closest I've played is 6:3:3 nightless and that was one big clusterfuck, imo. Weren't you also in that game Lowell?
I was there. All I remember about that game is that I was great in it.
Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 pm

dank wrote:
He came into this game and made himself stand out.
Why is this scummy? Why would mafia stand out?
His discussion was distracting; at least I thought it was. It made discussion seem really casual and off-topic, and the game got to be confusing.
To me, personally, it was annoying.
Does annoying you make someone mafia?
It was annoying, and the fact that he can get away with this (and reportedly has in other games) bothers me. He keeps telling us "I'm town when I do this, remember my past games?" It doesn't help me judge his play in this game, because he could try to maintain his "perfect scum record 6-0" by playing and using his meta to his advantage.
"lynch me, I've self-hammered before, look at my other games where I played this way and came up town, oh you guys will be sorry, wait no this is just a bet."
Why is this something scum would say?
It sounds panicky and seems to use AtE (appeal to emotion) -- something I learned about in my last game.

In addition- who else do you suspect?
I don't suspect anyone at this point. The people that kept unvoting (I'll have to look back at who did what) and trying to start another wagon looked scummy to me (trying to get attention of Saber). Saber has been trying to start a wagon on anyone else other than him with little to no reasoning as well. However, you could argue I haven't used any reasoning -- > maybe I haven't.
Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:36 pm

EBWOP: I pressed Submit too early. Standing out and making a first impression the way Saber did makes it (imo) easier for him to get away with more later in the game (or so it seems.) I think that is Mafia-like, because he will probably be able to ride his way to the finish.

I think he's worth a lynch because, well, 5 out of the 12 players here are "scum--whether they be werewolves or mafia." I'd give it a go anytime, the way he plays. And all of his mentioning of his Meta... "Hey you, look at my other game (meta)." That is another story.

Annoying + distraction + hindered discussion + too much meta together equals good lynch
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Memorable Raindrops wrote:
In addition: Considering there are two separate ""scum groups," why would Saberwolf say "game over, X and X are scum??"
Scott Brosius wrote:
So I fail to see how this is part of your argument.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Open Games”