Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Well, I say we lynch JL. I bet THAT would get this game going. I would also bet that he would flip scum. I really don't like that after the AtE (which btw is on mafiawiki and easily accessible to find on your own), he promises he hasn't given up and will read through and post comments (said in his post on the 8th of Dec)....well, he hasn't. I personally think he's trying to ride out this wagon by letting us rip each other apart and cause our own mislynch. I don't like it. I have a wife and 2 kids and yet I find time to keep up with games. I will also say he has posted today (December 10) in another game I am in with him yet hasn't read up on the wopping 4 pages of this game enough to comment?

More votes on JL plz. Also, more posts from those who haven't posted recently...you know who you are.

For those who haven't posted as of late, and want to come in with "I'm following along, just have nothing to say" crap...don't. Instead, answer this. If you aren't voting JL, why not? If you are voting JL, what's your own personal reason for doing so?

There, you all have something to answer that might be worth something.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Uhg. I'll apologize now for saying he hadn't posted in here today (the 10th). He in fact has....it just worth anything to me and was forgotten instantly.

JL: Did you re-read through this game? If so, was that little bit toward LL all you had to go on for hunting for scum out of all 4 pages?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Still alive, still needing to catch up. Sorry, due to finals and my other game picking up, I've not had as much time. Expect a good post within 24 hours.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

My thoughts on Lyman is that he's a town playing poorly. His wagon formed way to quick for him to be scum.

In the other hand, we have budja, obvscum, who needs to be lynched.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Netopalis wrote:Still alive, still needing to catch up. Sorry, due to finals and my other game picking up, I've not had as much time. Expect a good post within 24 hours.
Well, according to
Chinaman
's logic, you should be lynched for paying more attention to another game than this one. :roll:
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Chinaman »

More strawmanning from the JL. Lynch now pls.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Also, I'd like to point out real quick you totally ignored my p101 where I apologized for saying you hadn't posted recently and asked you a few questions. I'll add another for you to answer: Any reason you feel you don't need to answer my questions?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:29 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Snow_Bunny wrote:My thoughts on Lyman is that he's a town playing poorly. His wagon formed way to quick for him to be scum.
That's not true. He could still be scum. I've had a wagon form on me really fast while I was scum before, I think I had seven votes by page two of the game. I'm dead in it now, but it's ongoing. So that's all I'm gonna say.

Your reasoning is false, Just because it was a fast wagon, does not guarantee that he is town.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Josh: so that establishes that when you said this:
Josh Lyman wrote:We need to hear from the following players, who have not posted AT ALL since the start:

@mod: PLEASE PROD the following, all of whom have not posted since the opening of the thread: 9 days now.

ConfidAnon
Netopalis
Grandi
Locke Lamora

NINE days? Really now. Four of you? Perhaps our entire scumteam is there. Not sure yet.
you had actually received your role PM less than 48 hours earlier. I'm trying to figure out how you get the start of the game wrong by a whole week when you'd only got your role PM a couple of days before. Just forgetting isn't really an excuse. Why did you forget? Were you frustrated? Desperate?

Snow_Bunny: so you think there's more than one scum on Josh's wagon? Do you think anyone other than Budja jumped on 'too quick'?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Chinaman, you do realize that you're calling for more Lyman votes while he is unclaimed at L-1?
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Chinaman »

Lol, no I didn't. I was trying to be cute like SnowBunny, tbh. On the otherhand, don't let that mislead you....I do want JL swinging by days end.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:55 am

Post by imaginality »

Josh should claim.

If Josh flips scum today, I'm going to be looking hard at Snow_Bunny tomorrow.

In other news:
jasonT1981, iso post 2 wrote:I still cant decide if Josh is out and out scummy or just a rabbit caught in the headlights and not knowing how to react.
jasonT1981, iso post 2 wrote:I'd like to hear a bit more from Josh before I decide if I am going to vote him, I would like others like an explanation for his prod requests so quickly, and also for his grave appeal to emotion in the 'lynch me then' saga. I find 9/10 times it is usually scum who do that.
In the same post you say you can't decide if Josh is out and out scummy, you call him out for doing something that you think ~90% of the time comes from scum?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Chinaman wrote:Uhg. I'll apologize now for saying he hadn't posted in here today (the 10th). He in fact has....it just worth anything to me and was forgotten instantly.

JL: Did you re-read through this game? If so, was that little bit toward LL all you had to go on for hunting for scum out of all 4 pages?
I haven't, actually, thoroughly re-read yet. I'm frustrated, which, if I were a better player, I would not allow to affect my play. However....
Chinaman wrote:Also, I'd like to point out real quick you totally ignored my p101 where I apologized for saying you hadn't posted recently and asked you a few questions. I'll add another for you to answer:
Any reason you feel you don't need to answer my questions?
I did have a post written yesterday when connection problems prevented it from posting. Let's see if I can remember what I said for next post.

Also, you irritate me. See above answer.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

As for my role: I am a essentially Vanilla Town. I have a screenwriter's name (whom I can't recall, and don't want to risk quoting PMs).

However, I have this one-shot thing where I can almost kill someone. It's worded very oddly to me, and it's almost a one-shot vig, but not quite.

If you all would like to spare me one more Day, I will certainly take suggestions on who to kill. I will announce who I will kill prior to in order to prove myself.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, I didn't like the Lyman wagon either, but he's claimed, so the town should unvote regardless. His claim is one which is easy to substantiate.

Budja's play does look odd...He consistently follows the crowd and seems to be trying to agree with everyone to the point that it stands out a bit. However, I'm not really ready to vote yet - I want to hear from him before I do. Budja: Please post your thoughts on each player in the game and why you suspect anyone you suspect. The quality of your answers will determine whether I vote for you or not.

Also, I have a gut read on Locke Lamora as scum. However, since it is nothing more than a gut...it deserves no further mention.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

Unvote

I am puzzled about how you can 'almost kill' someone, Josh. Are you able to go into more detail about that or do you think it is better to keep it vague to keep scum guessing?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Budja »

I'd like Lyman to elaborate on his claim. (Run it by the mod first if you are unsure)

@Net,

Josh: Scummy <- initial uncertainty, AtE, call for prods.
Locke: "meta" scum read. (dexter mafia)
Net: "meta" town read. (ongoing unfortunately)
Snow Bunny: Mildly Town
Macavity: Town, agree with pretty much all he says
Snow_Bunny: null - mildly town. I obv. disagree with her reasoning but if Josh town -> Snow likely town IMO.
jasonT1981: no read
ConfidAnon: no read
Chinaman: uncertain, leaning newb-town. Still a bit of a opportunistic feel.
Fuzzyman: town
imaginality: leaning town
BloodCovenent: null

So yeah, a lot of town reads but that doesn't really concern me. It narrows down my search.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Locke Lamora wrote: Snow_Bunny: so you think there's more than one scum on Josh's wagon? Do you think anyone other than Budja jumped on 'too quick'?
Quite possibly, though I don't know how. Maybe China, but I'm not sure.
Chinaman wrote:Lol, no I didn't. I was trying to be cute like SnowBunny, tbh. On the otherhand, don't let that mislead you....I do want JL swinging by days end.
Right. Weak excuse for an attempt of a quick hammer. And, tbh, you just can't be cute like me. :P

Josh's claim is just odd. I don't know, one doesn't say "I'm a Vanilla Townie, except for this ability!" I don't like that claim, and even it is testable it says nothing about Josh's alignment.

Budja, elaborate your thoughts further, please. Also, I'm twice in your list. I know you are happy trying to blend as town, scum, and imma let ya finish, but please correct that.

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote:Well, I didn't like the Lyman wagon either, but he's claimed, so the town should unvote regardless. His claim is one which is easy to substantiate.
Who are you to dictate when players unvote?
Josh Lyman wrote:
Chinaman wrote:Uhg. I'll apologize now for saying he hadn't posted in here today (the 10th). He in fact has....it just worth anything to me and was forgotten instantly.

I haven't, actually, thoroughly re-read yet. I'm frustrated, which, if I were a better player, I would not allow to affect my play. However....

That's the second time that you have pulled the newbie card, and it's beginning to frustrate me. Please don't ever use it again, in ANY game!

Regarding your claim
-Possibility of day or night kill?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Actually, I have a theory as to how his flavor fits...but I'm not going to post it in thread because I don't want to hand him a good fakeclaim. Just suffice it to say that I find his claim to be reasonable.

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote:Actually, I have a theory as to how his flavor fits...but I'm not going to post it in thread because I don't want to hand him a good fakeclaim. Just suffice it to say that I find his claim to be reasonable.
This smells fishy to me.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Chinaman »

JL wrote:Also, you irritate me. See above answer.
Why do I irritate you? Because I think you're scum? You know that finding scum and voting for them is the point of this game right?

As for your claim JL, I'm not sure I buy it to be honest and you need to explain it MUCH better. The way to do this is to write up what you want to post in here, run it by the Mod first for his OK, then post it. I say I'm not buying it mainly because of
JL wrote:...where I can almost kill someone
Unless you 100% can or 100% can't, it's not going to be something you can prove. I'm not sure it's provable anyway to be completely honest. Let's say scum have only a night kill and no power roles. You say you will kill X to prove you aren't scum. What would stop scum from just not killing N1 and setting you up? Only one kill at night would be assumed as a scum kill (that's how I'd look at it at least). If only your person X died, what would stop us from thinking you are scum? At the very least, it doesn't prove your innocence. That's not even taking into account scum power roles.

On the flip side, if you are a one shot vig type of role, we basically have the potential to have 2 lynches on D1/N1 to one scum kill. This is pretty good imo. But again, if scum have a roleblocker it's pretty much your death D2. So yeah, all in all, I don't know. Need more info. Also need to hear what others think about it. For now...

vote remains. You're at L-2 and lived long enough at L-1 to not be in any real danger. You're going to have to explain this power you have and even then, I don't know if it's even provable.

SB:
SB wrote:Right. Weak excuse for an attempt of a quick hammer. And, tbh, you just can't be cute like me. Razz
Well, the first part is wrong, but you're prolly right about the second. How do you feel about those trying to link your alignment to JL's? Namely Imag and then Budja.

Budja: Could you please explain to me how if JL is town, that makes Snow likely town? Town are in the dark, so if she was town and thought JL was town so far this game, that doesn't make her right or wrong in any way shape or form. I can't wrap my mind around what your possible reasoning is for this. Please explain.

I didn't jump on Imag's link between JL and SB because the logic presumably behind that comment would be scum trying to keep their scumbuddy from getting lynched, so it made sense to me (the concept anyway). But saying if person A is town, person B is prolly town....anyway, enough of that. I'll wait for you to explain.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Chinaman wrote:
JL wrote: SB:
SB wrote:Right. Weak excuse for an attempt of a quick hammer. And, tbh, you just can't be cute like me. Razz
Well, the first part is wrong, but you're prolly right about the second. How do you feel about those trying to link your alignment to JL's? Namely Imag and then Budja.
Meh, I'm letting they believe such nonsenses for now. Trying to link a player with another is weak and bad scumhunting. Each player defines its own actions, and the scumminess of them.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Fix'd:
Chinaman wrote: SB:
Meh, I'm letting they believe such nonsenses for now. Trying to link a player with another is weak and bad scumhunting. Each player defines its own actions, and the scumminess of them.

Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

I am awaiting Mod approval of further role explanation.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”