Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

cades wrote:[SNIP] and I put, I bet you vote me now cause last time I voted jack and jack and csl immediately voted me.
Assume for a moment that that is indeed the way it went. That still only explains to me why you expected to be voted. It does not explain why you
wrote
that part of your post. What were you trying to accomplish? How does that help catching scum?

As far as I can see, the only thing that part of your post accomplished was that it annoys the other players in the game, making it indeed more likely you would get voted.

---
@Everyone pressuring cades: Do you believe that cades' appeals to emotion are likely to be made by scum? Why?

I agree that it is extremely annoying to read him predicting his doom, but I don't think that behaviour is likely to come from scum. Scum would behave that way if they believed it made them less likely to be lynched. With almost everybody in the town stating how annoying it is, scum surely would have realised that it made them more likely to be lynched instead.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Foilist, I agree with you that a CSL lynch would give us information on Jack. I would like to stress though that with the reasoning you've given, a CSL scum flip does not give us info on Jack. I am afraid that, if you're scum with CSL, you would use a CSL scum lynch to aim for a Jack mislynch tomorrow.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Jackabomb »

The recurring ATE and endless voting without reason is making me think he's quite scummy right now. Michel, if he's newb-town enough to ignore repeated warnings like what we've given, he's newb-scum enough to do the same.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Michel - I see your point. Can we agree then that the best options now would be to lynch either csl for slightly less information, or to go after cades, who is essentially lurking at this point?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by CSL »

Ok. I'll answer your question, but first...

If cades flips scum
, who is next?

If cades flips town
who is under fire?

The AtE, among other mindless posts cades is making, reminds me of my first game. It is, however, very scummy to make that a game plan. I am more happy than ever before with my vote.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by foilist13 »

If cades flips scum then the only info we might get from that is a couple if town reads on the people who have been really drilling him from the beginning.

If he flips town then we really aren't left with much of anything, because if he AtE'ed enough to get himself lynched then he deserved it, and there wouldn't be any advantages from that wagon that don't exist on any other. The problem is that cades doesn't have any real connections to other players, so his lynch will be uninformative at best.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Also, cades has a convenient habit of disappearing when we're talking badly about him. Then he reappears quite a few posts(or pages) later and easily generalizes everything we hit him with into one, misrepresented argumentative point which he then proceeds to refute with his special brand of clever-talk that generally tends to be nothing more than horrid grammar and one illogical, untrue fact repeated several times, making less and less sense each time.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Saw your post, foilist. So, really, all we get from a cades lynch is a really annoying player dead and if he's scum, some town reads. What info can we stand to get from a CSL lynch?

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Go read my earlier post. I explain it there, and Michel adds to it.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Despite how much I'd like to see cades dance the hangman's, if I'm reading correctly, we get more out of a CSL lynch, unless anyone else has a better lynch.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Jackabomb wrote:The recurring ATE and endless voting without reason is making me think he's quite scummy right now. Michel, if he's newb-town enough to ignore repeated warnings like what we've given, he's newb-scum enough to do the same.
If he is newb-town enough to ignore repeated warnings, it's because he is playing badly. If he is newb-scum enough to ignore repeated warnings, it's because he is playing badly. His appeal to emotion would not be a tell either way. It's a null tell.

You call him scummy for it. That means you believe that his behaviour is more likely to come from scum then from town. Again, why is scum more likely to behave that way?

---
foilist wrote:@Michel - I see your point. Can we agree then that the best options now would be to lynch either csl for slightly less information, or to go after cades, who is essentially lurking at this point?
A CSL lynch is definately the right play today. However, a cades lynch is not an option for me. I simply don't believe that his behaviour in this game is intentionally done by scum to gain an advantage. The pressure he is under feels like scum is trying to set up a lynch on the village idiot. I would lynch Jack (for his hammer) over cades in a heartbeat, and could see myself lynching most of the other players just as well as I could see myself lynching cades.

---
CSL wrote:The AtE, among other mindless posts cades is making, reminds me of my first game. It is, however, very scummy to make that a game plan. I am more happy than ever before with my vote.
Why is scum more likely to play that way then town is? What do they have to gain?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 pm

CSL wrote:Ok. I'll answer your question, but first...

If cades flips scum, who is next?

If cades flips town who is under fire?
Were you talking to me? Because I am not willing to support a cades lynch, I don't really see how these questions are relevant.

Also, you still haven't answered this:
MichelSableheart wrote:
CSL wrote:It just dawned on me. When I allegedly told Jack to hammer, I was actually trying to tell him after the comments, and other shit.
Can you back that intention in any way with quotes from the relevant page?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Jackabomb »

True enough, but don't forget that cades has also been lurking and rarely provides good reason for his posts/votes.

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Crimmy »

Jackabomb wrote:True enough, but don't forget that cades has also been lurking and
rarely
Never
provides good reason for his posts/votes.
Fix'd for you.

And yeah, we could get more from a CSL lynch, but cades is indeed making too many suspicious things.

"I bet you vote me now" had no reason or townie logic in it.
In fact, it seemed like he was trying to get somebody else incriminated as scum with a STUPID idea.

cades, for the good of the town, you should also die. The only thing you're making in this game is WIFOMs and paradoxes. Either you stop this brutally idiotic behavior, or you're gonna get all of us deep in shit.
Jackabomb wrote:Despite how much I'd like to see cades dance the hangman's, if I'm reading correctly, we get more out of a CSL lynch, unless anyone else has a better lynch.
You don't know how much I agree with this now. With both things.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 am

Post by CSL »

Well, if you think I'm that informative, then vote me.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I'd like to hear from dimaba, michel, foilist, and cades. What are your opinions on a CSL lynch? Do you have a better scum candidate? Do you feel we still need to wait longer before lynching?

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I've stated my opinions already, as has Michel. We both feel it is the right play, hence our votes. Why do you keep asking for information that has already been given? Are you reading the thread?
Cades and dimaba are the only ones we really need to hear more from right now.

I do not advocate a quicklynch, and I hope everyone learned their lesson yesterday about quickhammering.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

May I assume then, that we are now voting to lynch?

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Crimmy »

We keep it to 1 vote. 'Cause otherwise, it might get too quick.
At least, that's my motion.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by CSL »

Just an afterthought. If Cades is alive tomorrow, go for him, as he is detremental to our cause. Just a caution though, it'll be game over if another townie is lynched tomorrow, as it'll be lylo.

In case someone does not know what lylo is, it's lynch
or
lose.

Consider the following...

2 scum, 3 town

Town is lynched = scum win
No one is lynched = scum win due to nightkill
scum lynched, lylo next day.

2 scum, 4 town (If no lynch)
= MYLO
Mislynch and lose*

if townie is lynched = scum win due to nightkill
If no one lynched = lylo situation (see above)
If scum lynch = mylo next day

*MYLO is mislynch and lose. It's a situation where there are two town members blocking the scum victory. (I.E. 4 town, 2 scum, or 3 town, 1 scum). If a townie is lynched, scum win, because 4-1 = 3 town, 2 scum. Townie nightkill = 2 town = 2 scum = scum win.

Is that clear?

Best case scenario = No lynch. We go to day 3, under the threat of mylo.

Mylo > lylo.

Comments?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Crimmy »

CSL wrote:Just an afterthought. If Cades is alive tomorrow, go for him, as he is detremental to our cause. Just a caution though, it'll be game over if another townie is lynched tomorrow, as it'll be lylo.

In case someone does not know what lylo is, it's lynch
or
lose.

Consider the following...

2 scum, 3 town

Town is lynched = scum win
No one is lynched = scum win due to nightkill
scum lynched, lylo next day.

2 scum, 4 town (If no lynch)
= MYLO
Mislynch and lose*

if townie is lynched = scum win due to nightkill
If no one lynched = lylo situation (see above)
If scum lynch = mylo next day

*MYLO is mislynch and lose. It's a situation where there are two town members blocking the scum victory. (I.E. 4 town, 2 scum, or 3 town, 1 scum). If a townie is lynched, scum win, because 4-1 = 3 town, 2 scum. Townie nightkill = 2 town = 2 scum = scum win.

Is that clear?

Best case scenario = No lynch. We go to day 3, under the threat of mylo.

Mylo > lylo.

Comments?
Both are the same. Lynch or Lose and Mislynch or Lose get the same ending if you get it wrong.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

No, if you don't lynch on a MILO day, you don't lose.

Crumb, are you not willing to lynch CSL right now? Do you have a better idea for a lynch? Actually, just answer anything I asked in post 240.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by CSL »

Jack wrote:No, if you don't lynch on a MILO day, you don't lose.
CSL wrote:
If no one lynched = lylo situation
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Tomorrow, we have lylo, assuming you are town... I know that.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by CSL »

Eh, I'm screwed.

Have fun in lylo.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O