Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not like I had a town read on you at all. Seriously though, you have been pretty much vacant most of this game and yet always find your way onto the later parts of the lynching wagons.

I'm curious why you are quick to label the town as a "fail train" when you haven't really been doing much of anything to change that.

If crypto isn't scum, you most definitely are. ABR could probably go in with either of you. Not 100% on a third yet.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Crazy talk ^^^
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Scien »

Can we file this under things we shouldn't be talking about because it is Mylo?

You really think we are going to lynch someone today? You really think we should talk about who we are suspicious of today, given that we probably won't lynch anyone? How is this not just giving free info to the scum?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Clearly the scum have no sense given their NKs already. I'm very happy to discuss my suspects because they need to be lynched, mylo or not. If someone is scum, then they need to gets got. Plain and simple. Play like you have a pair Scien.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 am

Depends on the rules.

Mod: Who wins if town no-lynches and mafia doesn't NK?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Scien »

Er... we might have a power role. Right now that's something the scum don't know just the same as us.

You really think they would not night-kill? They might be giving us free awesome each night they no-kill.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 am

That's true but in a LYLO situation, everybody's word is questionable.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Scien »

Heh. True. But that would have to be some confident scum to let us go through no-lynch cycles just because its hard to trust the eventual results.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Zorblag »

Troll no did bring up the potential to no lynch today as Troll thinks that we probably be better off lynching. We likely have a no lynch available though it depends on a couple things in the setup which Troll no knows much at all about. A no lynch now potentially gives power roles an extra night to work if we have any but it actually makes a bigger impact if we can use it later in terms of target density for hitting scum. If others would like to no lynch today Troll could live with that but it no be Troll's preference.

If we do choose to no lynch then we should do it before having any other discussion today. There be no sense giving the scum more information than we have to for making their choice during the night.

As for the mass claim, Troll believes that Troll be at least somewhat suspected by many. Troll offered to go first because Troll figured it no would generate too many complaints and it would be a way to avoid extra discussion about who suspects whom which we should avoid prior to the claims if we be making them today. If there be a clear consensus for another candidate to claim first Troll will be happy to let them go first. Troll mainly be interested in getting this done quickly and without extra talking if we plan to do it (and it looks like most seem to support it at this time.)

@Crypto, this no be a matter of not having reads on others. The mass claim, if it happens today, should happen before any other talk so that scum have less information to use for faking claims.

At this time Troll supposes that Troll wants to see preference for a mass claim or no lynch from everyone. If there be a preference for mass claim then a preference for who goes first be good as well.

Troll prefers mass claim. Troll no has a strong preference for who goes first; mostly that it happens quickly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am

Naw you're not a suspect to me Zorblag. I vote for Scien to claim first.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think we've already reached a majority in favor of mass claim from the living players, so we should probably get on with it.

So far we have myself wanting crypto to go first and Scien wanting me to go first. Everyone else should probably specify (or restate if I missed it).
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sorry, and ABR voted for Scien to go first. We're at one vote apiece here people.
YOUR AD HERE

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Scien »

Wait wait wait. I have no issue claiming if we do it. But I am not fully comfortable with the way things are going down yet.
Zorblag wrote:Troll no did bring up the potential to no lynch today as Troll thinks that we probably be better off lynching. We likely have a no lynch available though it depends on a couple things in the setup which Troll no knows much at all about. A no lynch now potentially gives power roles an extra night to work if we have any but it actually makes a bigger impact if we can use it later in terms of target density for hitting scum. If others would like to no lynch today Troll could live with that but it no be Troll's preference.
How confident are you that we going to hit scum today? Especially when we explode the situation with a large poof of WIFOM that is going to be introduced by the potential claim and counter claims?

The above is a
very
strange stance to take on the situation I think. Basically you are suggesting that we take a bigger risk today (which is still has game losing potential), in order to have possibly more impact tomorrow, rather than using our tools to get to tomorrow?

You must be pretty confident of something right? Would you say that is the case? Or are you truly just asking us to gamble.

I am very suspect of someone coming in and telling us that it is wiser to lynch now when the pool is more deluted, AND on top of that, start the day up with an early day claim to introduce even more confusion into the town. Really? Even if the town got lucky and hit scum with that plan, the roles would be outted and there would be no 'impact' to have tomorrow. This plan smells very much like it benefits scum in two ways: sets up a decent chance of them winning today, and even if that doesn't work out, puts them in a good position tomorrow by possibly eliminating a power role a night earlier.

Could someone spell out why this plan is better than waiting for a more concentrated pool, and waiting for the role claim until we have to do it?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Scien »

Sorry VP, Zorblag sparked my paranoid nature.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

We should mass claim first and then decide if we want to no lynch or not. Roles being hidden in a no reveal game is frakking stupid.

Any PRs out there would likely have at least some information that is going to be helpful in narrowing down the pool of suspects.

You never know what is going to shake out in a massclaim.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Scien wrote:Sorry VP, Zorblag sparked my paranoid nature.
lol, I'm starting to see that this is the code you live by.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 am

I don't think any of Scien's arguments matter if we don't lynch scum today, and we need all the info we can, including role claims, to lynch correctly today.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Scien »

VP wrote:lol, I'm starting to see that this is the code you live by.
Was that an insult? :(
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Scien »

ABR wrote:I don't think any of Scien's arguments matter if we don't lynch scum today, and we need all the info we can, including role claims, to lynch correctly today.
Heh, we have one sure way of not mislynching today. Everyone is going to flat out ignore it eh? How is that wise?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

No, you're just a very paranoid guy when it comes to mafia.
YOUR AD HERE

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Scien, we have no way to know at this time if there be any power roles in the game. We have no way to know if there be any whether having another night for them to act be beneficial. We have no way of knowing that them would live until tomorrow. For all Troll knows the scum have an ability to get one extra kill in during a night or a day sometime in which case no lynch would lose the game. Troll no thinks that be overly likely but unless someone knows more about the setup than Troll does Troll feels that the extra information from a mass claim now be the more prudent choice. Troll no expects the claim to lead to more confusion; it seems more likely to help determine who we should be focusing on at this time.

Troll no be sure how likely we be to hit scum at this time. Troll thinks that if there do be three scum we have a pretty good chance of it today but how a claim goes would be a large factor in how likely Troll thinks we are to get things right.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Zorblag »

@VP Baltar, there would be some setups where Troll would agree with Scien that the no lynch today would be the correct choice. This game the lack of information makes that a worse choice in Troll's opinion but Troll no minds if Scien disagrees. If we were to no lynch we would almost certainly want to do it before the mass claim; no lynching after the claim be done just gives the scum extra information.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Scien »

Zorblag... wow.

You are making me doubt you heavilly. But I don't think you are saying anything factually wrong (not that I think you ever would). I am getting a bad vibe from this.

Fine. I don't have a problem with the claim. As long as there is not an attached 'we gotta lynch today' with it.

After this claim if it happens, I urge people to readdress the no-lynch idea. I know I am going to bring it up again. No offense, but lynching today is almost stupidity really, at least the way I am looking at it now.

Yes, there is a slight possibility that it helps us later on
if
we can surely hit scum today. But that possibility never happens if we fail today. Seems risky, and it truly does seem like a gamble.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Scien »

True. I think it would be ideal to no-lynch before the claim.

Even with all the push for the claim.

Does this mean you are going to try and explain why the no-lynch is a bad idea now, Zorblag?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 am

Zorblag is a very...dangerous individual. But if he's town, I would think he has a good idea of who's scum right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”