Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by semioldguy »

danakillsu replaces Blastinus.

Prods are being sent out today.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:03 am

Post by danakillsu »

/ confirm. Man, townies dying left and right!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SerialClergyman wrote:But isn't it enough that after the night phase SCoug acts significantly differently?
This doesn't make a lot of sense as scummy in context. You cannot hammer a person whose wagon you have been denouncing as likely on town, much less call somebody scummy for saying you did. You are stretching to make a case on me, and I don't like this.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Grimmy »

Quick thought on Nikanor

we have lost two townies by lynch due to them making themselves looking guilty by playing poorly. Maybe Nikanor is trying to do this because we would probably NOT make another such lynch as we have already made two mistakes in doing so.

so Ill throw another one out there for my suspicion list and
FOS: Nikanor

And for clergy, i repeat, I want to finish reading everything and evaluate my suspicions about you with some others who I have not mentioned yet as I do not have a postable reason to fos them yet.

I.E. Im making a list, checking it twice, and narrowing it down to who is naughty and who is nice.

Grimmy Clause is coming to town.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Nik: Overall, it seems as though your "joking around" ways are how you go at scumhunting. That's probably what's irking me with your line of questions... it's not immediately transparent that they're hunting scum, or that a certain answer would rub you the wrong way.

I'll opt for an
Unvote
for now, though. The vote was more to probe you into getting into the game more, and while you're definitely behaving in bizarre fashion, I need to step back for a bit.

Like how Grimmy's hitting the accelerator now, on a first glance.

ClergyMan, personally I've been a bit busy with a sore foot of mine that's made me miserable. I haven't had time to read the cases. However, honestly, I think your pace encourages people to take the game too fast and jump to harsh conclusions. That's how saber got lynched, by people reflexively reacting to his shenanigans.

Accelerating the Day is scummy. Not that you're not there yet, but we just gotta mind that we don't take everything too fast.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Unvote

I hate when people put un/votes in the middle of a line. Gotta watch the hypocrisy.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Nikanor »

yabba wrote:@Nik: Overall, it seems as though your "joking around" ways are how you go at scumhunting. That's probably what's irking me with your line of questions... it's not immediately transparent that they're hunting scum, or that a certain answer would rub you the wrong way.
So you can't provide an answer to the question I asked you?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Here's what I was thinking of at the time...
Is there anything that has caught your eye from the last few pages? Anything you want to comment on?
Do you think your vote on 12KB will turn into a viable bandwagon, dramonic?
When did you think the RVS ended?
I mean... they're really unhelpful questions, I don't see what's to be gained from these, and just looked like "trying to be helpful."

Point's really moot... these sorts of questions have dwindled over time.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

saber's lynch had nothing to do with being too fast. What more information would have been achieved with more time?

I'm also not trying to speed up the day, I'm trying to get some actual wagons going on some actually scummy people, not these irritating policy lynches that have had over 1/3 of the players in the game killed so far with zero result for the town.

If you think this is a healthy game at the moment you're severely mistaken.

Grimmy, do you regularly say who you intent to vote but then not vote them for a couple of days?

Spy - I'm not oozing protown to most of the group. And I'm guranteed to come after him. That makes me the perfect target.

SCoug, I get that you're sick, so don't feel you have to respond, but if you're going to post about our argument I'd like you to address this bit please:
Serial wrote:If you were town and had worries about my hammer, I'd assume you would have addressed any of the points I made in explaining my actions, whether you did it yesterday or today.

Serial wrote:Fair question, but the answers are through my posts.

A. He remained acting like an idiot and asking people to lynch him rather than posting anything of worth.
B. The mod denied a replacement request.
C. No other viable wagon looked possible.
D. His alignment being confirmed will hopefully get some backing to my theories.
Feel free to do so now. They are the reasons why I hammered. If you think my multiple posts tryign to get him replaced or trying to explain his actions as a null tell are disengenuous, try to make that case.
I'm old now.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

SerialClergyman wrote:SCoug, I get that you're sick, so don't feel you have to respond, but if you're going to post about our argument I'd like you to address this bit please:
Serial wrote:If you were town and had worries about my hammer, I'd assume you would have addressed any of the points I made in explaining my actions, whether you did it yesterday or today.

Serial wrote:Fair question, but the answers are through my posts.

A. He remained acting like an idiot and asking people to lynch him rather than posting anything of worth.
B. The mod denied a replacement request.
C. No other viable wagon looked possible.
D. His alignment being confirmed will hopefully get some backing to my theories.
Feel free to do so now. They are the reasons why I hammered. If you think my multiple posts tryign to get him replaced or trying to explain his actions as a null tell are disengenuous, try to make that case.
I thought I did already. I find it hard standing in your shoes and looking at the saberwolf lynch as very different from the zwetschenwasser lynch, and the innermost quote doesn't support that.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

All of those A-D points are true. Had I not hammered, he would still be around self-voting and playing with himself which would have been a bad distraction.
I did geneuinely try to get him replaced (something that would be stupid as scum compared to just getting everyone to mislynch him).
There was no other possibility I could push, I tried to push you pretty hard but got no takers, there was nothing approaching a counter wagon.
His alignment being confirmed hasn't exactly worked yet, but the point remains that if he was still in the game the WIFOM surrounding letting him live after a self-vote would mean suspicion would naturally be pulled away from any reasonable argument and come to rest with him. Now that everyone knows he was indeed town, we can look at that wagon of people happy for a lynch and pick the scum off it - IE you.

(You don't have to reply straight away, I don't mean to make you write up long posts while you're sick, mate :) )
I'm old now.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Should be well now.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Trying to sort things out... and charge this game up so that we can *ahem* go to town with the lynching sooner rather than later. Commence the Not-Really-That-Random Questioning Stage.

@Nik: Why did you make posts such as:
Blah. When's the deadline?
and
Wheeeeeeeeee.
Is acting anti-town helping in some way?

@hohum: Why weren't you able to get on here throughout all of D2? I believe you had plenty of time to post something, and yet you were completely unopinionated throughout. What do you make of, say the saber wagon?

@Iguana: Why should people be following the wagons you're proposing? Do you think it's pro-town to just say "wagon wagon wagon die die die", or words along those lines?

@Honcho: Where the heck have you been? Also, I'm curious about your stances on the other players, since you really have mentioned only Pomegranate, me, and (very abruptly!) Antihero in the past few posts you've made. Something in me's thinking you're wagonning somewhat complacently, in retrospect.

@semioldguy
: How's the prod situation coming along? (who's prodded, who's seen it, who's lazy, who needs one?)

--
Clergy-1058 wrote:saber's lynch had nothing to do with being too fast. What more information would have been achieved with more time?
It's not so much that as the pacing of the entire wagon. Once anti-town behavior was observed, everybody just blew up and started saying "OMG anti-town anti-town", and suddenly, the pace just exploded to a point where the wagon was unstoppable. If we had all taken a bit more time to think, I think we wouldn't have been so complacent.

It seemed well-reasoned... but very few were actually using reason to justify, many just complacently wagonned without giving it a second thought (or were opportunistic scum who didn't care to think twice, I'd say!)

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Nikanor wrote:Why are you voting me now, then, instead of hohum? What changed? Is it really that one 'wheeee' post that makes the difference between myself being scummier than Pom to you?
Uh... I said it already. Vote on Hohum is a dead vote, as long as people will not even acknowledge his existence in this game... You're not scummier than Pom/Hohum, but at this point voting for him makes no sense, so I'm voting you.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Iguana »

Yeah ive been slacking. Was hopinh to find a way to get Toro auto-lynched but cant put it in words im happy with.
yabbaguy wrote:I'm not sure what's up, but he's a bit antsy and overreactive to some things. It sounds borderline defensive, 87 + 92 for some examples of this. Either that, or he just has a poor sense of humor. Can't tell.
antsy is not scummy. overractive is not scummy. You also seem to say "or I could be wrong" flat out with this vote. Two false tells and the ability to take them back
yabbaguy wrote:Nik-123's vote has me on edge. I can't quite put a finger on it, but it feels... opportunistic perhaps? Intervening to say "I agree" feels strange.
Feeling out a wagon
yabbaguy wrote:Anybody have a good way of telling when zwet's play is just anti-town as opposed to scummy? I've never been able to decipher his gameplay after all this time.
and another
yabbaguy wrote:That said, I find it interesting how Nik's really screwing around this game, with an emote practically every first line he posts.

If he's scum, maybe he's just chilling out because he doesn't have to do any work, he just has to play us like a cheap fiddle. If he's town, maybe the party-like atmosphere (for a severe lack of a better word) of a large game is getting to his head, and he's phased out of it already.

I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm not gonna get impulsive and wagon. Impulsivity leads to tunnelvisioning, which leads to failure.

I can't quite put my finger on Blastinus either what makes him stick out, but in the meantime, I'll chill out for a sec.
More indecisiveness...

and I got to go for now. Im going to be busy for the next few weeks but I should be able to finish this by mid-week
Sheep in wolves clothing
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@SC:

Considering the absence of a wagon, I'd say you wouldn't be a preferred target but.
CC wrote:Uh... I said it already. Vote on Hohum is a dead vote, as long as people will not even acknowledge his existence in this game... You're not scummier than Pom/Hohum, but at this point voting for him makes no sense, so I'm voting you.
.... I don't like any time this early in a day when someone says "Yea, they are scummier, but..."
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Is appealing to the town for advice scummy? I've been lost all game, so I've been looking for second opinions on things before I act on stuff.

Basically, you're trying to attack me for something we've been over already. I played the game so goddamn conservatively, not sure of anything D1, but it's not scummy.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Kreriov »

PLEASE do not use SC to refer to StrangerCoug or SerialClergyman! It is very confusing.

I certainly expected more over the weekend. I feel like my case against SpyreX is being completely ignored. I really feel like people are focusing on their own targets and not really considering other options. Wake up, we have 4 scum and an SK out there. Serial, even if you are convinced Coug is scum, there are other cases out there.

I will follow my own advice here as well. I really feel like Nikanor's vote on Coug was very weak and opportunistic. (Um, just like SpyreX on Sabre!) Col.Cathart had some good points as well, so...

Unvote

Vote: Nikanor
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 am

Post by semioldguy »

yabbaguy wrote:
@semioldguy
: How's the prod situation coming along? (who's prodded, who's seen it, who's lazy, who needs one?)
hohum and Head_Honcho have not responded to Friday's prod. I will give them until tomorrow before looking for their replacements, hopefully I won't have to since we are finally close to not needing any for once. I'll be sending out another round of prods later today.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Nikanor »

Kreriov wrote:I certainly expected more over the weekend. I feel like my case against SpyreX is being completely ignored. I really feel like people are focusing on their own targets and not really considering other options. Wake up, we have 4 scum and an SK out there. Serial, even if you are convinced Coug is scum, there are other cases out there.
I agree with this. Using the cases of other players is all well and good in my books. In fact, it's pretty much necessary to achieve a lynch.
Kreriov wrote:I really feel like Nikanor's vote on Coug was very weak and opportunistic.
In one breath, you ask people to follow the cases of others. In the next, you vote me for doing that exact thing! You, sir, are a hypocrite.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Col wrote:Uh... I said it already. Vote on Hohum is a dead vote, as long as people will not even acknowledge his existence in this game... You're not scummier than Pom/Hohum, but at this point voting for him makes no sense, so I'm voting you.
Just like it made no sense to stay on hohum for so long yesterday. I think the only thing that's changed is that now I'm the easy target. Is this a correct assessment of the situation, or am I missing something?
yabba wrote:Is acting anti-town helping in some way?
I don't understand how saying 'Wheeeee' is anti-town in any way, shape, or form.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Kreriov »

@Nikanor - Bullshit, you did not follow the case of anyone. You simply decided it was a good idea to bandwagon. Here is the quote.
Nikanor wrote:Fiiiiiine.
*Hops to SC's SC bandwagon.*
Vote: StrangerCoug.
I see no reference at all to a case. THAT is why I call this vote weak and opportunistic. I also point out that Col.Cathart has some good points, i.e. I point to a case and say I agree with it. Where do you do it? How can Coug dispute anything or disagree with your case when there is no case laid out?

Maybe next time you try to falsely pull out the hypocrite card you better get your facts straight and remember exactly what you wrote.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Nik wrote:*Hops to SC's SC bandwagon.*
The first SC is SerialClergyman. The second SC is StrangerCoug.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

Kreriov wrote:Maybe next time you try to falsely pull out the hypocrite card you better get your facts straight and remember exactly what you wrote.
Lawl. I remember exactly what I wrote. I agreed with SerialClergyman's case on StrangerCoug.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Nikanor wrote:Just like it made no sense to stay on hohum for so long yesterday. I think the only thing that's changed is that now I'm the easy target. Is this a correct assessment of the situation, or am I missing something?
You missed Honcho and Flava supporting my stance, which could eventually lead to Pom/Hohum wagon. Now they are both gone, and no one else even cares about Hohum.
SypreX wrote:.... I don't like any time this early in a day when someone says "Yea, they are scummier, but..."
If you don't like it, then do me a favor and at least reread Pom, instead of ignoring her existence and bashing me for seeing the futility of being the only one to see her scuminess.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate

Return to “Completed Open Games”