Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Huzzah! Finished! Vote count

ElectricBadger - Scien
Hewitt - ODDin
ODDin - Hewitt, Nikanor, Scien, Farside22, Benmage
Benmage - SaintKerrigan, ElectricBadger

Not Voting: Maemuki, ODDin, SaintKerrigan.

Lots of love
Haylxxx

Umm...wait, wasn't that the hammer on ODDin?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Scien »

(Should have said, 'Just as likely see a scum or townie hesitate like that')
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Scien wrote: As I have said before I could see either a scum or townie hesitate like that. You
claim
that its more likely for a scum to do so. I just don't see it.
But you haven't given successful reasoning as to why town would react the way SK did.

You keep saying how you see town hesitating like that...but as a i pry, you're argument crumbles...
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:49 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Umm...wait, wasn't that the hammer on ODDin?
I believe it's L-1. Not sure though.
ODDin wrote:Also, EB, you said you were intending to do an ISO of me. Any news on that front?
Mmhmm; I don't think the case on you is all that strong, I don't like the people pushing it, and I see much better lynches. The charge of 'ignoring' questions from Ben was silly, as he spouted a ton of spam and the comments weren't even questions. Wasn't thrilled with how quickly you jumped on Ben's foolishness, though, and from your other observations I think you should have been able to see through it.

I think right now Ben is desperate for any lynch at all. He's been eager to kill off me, SK and ODD in just the last couple pages.

@Ben - his argument doesn't crumble, it just meanders into confusing and ill thought scenarios and you keep refusing to acknowledge what other players has agreed on. The basis is valid: if I were town replacing in and someone demanded a claim without allowing me to read through I wouldn't accede to it either.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: I think right now Ben is desperate for any lynch at all. He's been eager to kill off me, SK and ODD in just the last couple pages.
Are you saying i'm not coasting and taking a fore frontal position in this game and hunting/attacking lots of people. :shock: :shock:

Hell yeah. There's 4 scum out there. Thanks for helping my town-look.
ElectricBadger wrote: @Ben - his argument doesn't crumble, it just meanders into confusing and ill thought scenarios and you keep refusing to acknowledge what other players has agreed on.
Scien or SK with this comment?
ElectricBadger wrote: The basis is valid: if I were town replacing in and someone demanded a claim without allowing me to read through I wouldn't accede to it either.

I can understand this initial sentiment. And anyone would be caught off guard and maybe feel this way..but once rationale sets in...my statements are the logical ones.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Benmage »

BTW i think ODDin is L-2....its me farside, and scien...thats all right? Have Nik or Hew voted him yet?

I Know SK and EB are blind...ODDin wont self vote, and Mae = Mia.

EB btw...you going to offer more defense to your vote? Other than just not liking my trap (for which at best you can call it null...and the whole coming from scum over town is total wifom) Also you didnt like ODDin pushes...who else is pushing anything. At least i'm doing something. Thats town itself...Can you maybe rehighlight or bullet your case/causes against me. Because I still only read it as 'omgus'.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:01 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

No, saying you're pushing for any lynch you can get and were getting petulant because you kept failing. Not overly townie IMO.

Both, really.

Isn't that what happened? He wouldn't say anything without consideration...then did so and gathered evidence...then answered you?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

That actually was the lynch. I counted five votes:

- Hewitt
- Nikanor
- Scien
- Farside
- Benmage
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Benmage wrote:At least i'm doing something. Thats town itself...
Nope, not true. Scum can be active and doing something. See Newbie #842. Look up Archaebob. Classic example of scum being active.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

You've been a top suspect of mine for a while. I'll return the favor you did me earlier: read up if you're confused why.

Attempting to lynch someone based on logic you know is flawed is absolutely not a null tell; it's the best scum tell there is.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Hmm. So Maem gets off without a vote and hardly a word in...Hew dodges a bandwagon by switching into lurk mode as the pressure is applied...ben ends the conversation about how horrible his argument was...we barely get to hear from SK.

Nicely played.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Listen I said it before and I will say it again. I can see both cases in regards to SK's comment. As for the hestitation that is a null tell and trying to push that as scummy is rediculous.
I have other reason's for thinking SK in the scum category even with the claim but my focas and my vote is staying clear on Oddin.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Farside22 wrote:I can see both cases in regards to SK's comment.
Are you referring to my "opposing scum team" statement? Because I've already explained how I was referring to Benmage, as a member of one scumteam, making an attempt to expose someone who could be on the other scumteam. I don't know how exactly that comment can be interpreted as me accidentally outing myself as a scum.

One thing I've noticed is that at least two players (Benmage and ODDin, if I recall correctly) have substituted the word "other" for "opposing" when referring to my comment, which entirely changes what the statement is saying. Perhaps this is where the confusion is coming from?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Haylen »

ODDin - Hewitt, Nikanor, Scien, Farside22, Benmage

You watch as ODDin is taken up to the platform. He has a look of complete apathy on his face, totally ignoring the man who is currently holding the the other end of the chain of magic wrapped round his wrists.

It was getting personal now, the last student who had been killed because of this madness had been your work partner. You'd never see him again, all because of the horrors two groups of monsters were infliction on the temple. And then there was the whole worry of whether you would be next. But that doesn't matter to you, what matters is keeping the temple and magic protected. Who knows what they could do once they got their hands on the temples power. It has to be protected. And if you succeed in saving the world as we know it, maybe a miracle would happen and you'd be able to see those who had died again. The high monk had that power, you knew he did.

The talking at the front where the captive stood snapped you out of your thoughts. It looked like they were going to try a new way of executing today.

ODDin's eyes finally showed an emotion.

Fear.

He struggled against his bindings, trying to escape from his inevitable death.

"I didn't do it!" He screamed. "You HAVE to believe me, I wouldn't kill those people."

"Quiet!" The leader hollered, stunning the murmering crowd into silence.

Perhaps we had got it wrong this time, maybe we're just killing another innocent. This can't be right, there has to be another way, there just has to. A way where less blood is spilt. In affect, the amount of blood shed due to the interrogations has got to be similar to the amount the mafia and werewolves have inflicted on us.

"There's nothing you can say that will change the outcome of this trial." The Leader spoke to the captive.

"Trial? TRAIL? This isn't a trial, It's a bloody lynch mob!" ODDin retorted.

"I've heard enough. Enjoy your death." The Leader spoke, aiming his staff at ODDing.

ODDin gasped as a thin band of light erupted from The Leaders staff. It wrapped itself around his neck.

He was choking, he couldnt get it off. He could feel it cutting into his neck. His throat.

There was a horrific slicing sound and ODDin's head was separated from his body. You watched as bloody slowly poured from the corpse of your fellow student, and fall over the edge of the platform, onto the ground bellow.
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Haylen »

You wake up the next morning knowing that something was not quite right. It never was these days though, what with all of the trouble that was plaguing the city.

You didn't want to get up and out of bed; you knew there would have been at least one killing during the night. You are consumed by fear over the thought that the latest victim is a friend of yours, your girlfriend, your boyfriend. Whoever it may be, you know them. No matter who is murdered, it will affect everybody.

Gathering all of your courage, you drag yourself out of bed;put on your clothes and step into the cold, morning air.

Just as you suspected, there were students and teachers gathered in the courtyard, there was silence and it did not take you long to work out the cause.

A body lay by the fountain, resting in a pool of it's own blood.

But, there was something wrong. Something different about it.

It didn't seem...human.

There was fur all over it's body, and it appeared to have a tail. You delve into the memories of your classes to try and work out what the creature was.

Werewolf!

You slowly approach the creature, careful as to not contaminate the crime scene. There's a hole in it's head, caused by a bullet. You quickly assertain that this is the cause of death.

It had an animal curled in it's arms, you remove it from the werewolf's grip. It was a bunny, with a white collar. The collar had a gold lining.

It was a bunny that you would recognise anywhere.

It belonged to...
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Benmage »

Wow.....well lets lynch a monk.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Mmhmm.

Vote Benmage

I'd rather lynch scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:Mmhmm.

Vote Benmage

I'd rather lynch scum.
Which scum, would that be? Werewolf?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

That a claim?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:That a claim?
No, i'm gauging to see which affiliation you'd think i'd be with...surely you must have one judgin by past actions, but i want to hear the words(read them) before i bring the might of logic down against you.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:43 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Judging by your attacks on Monks and buddying with a Mason, I'd say you're the last wolfie. *Waits for you to go where I'm pretty sure you're planning to go*
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Benmage »

So you're admitting to be mafia? Because if you we're playing to your town win condition you'd know that lynching the last wolf gives the mafia the win. We have 6 left. 3 town 2 mafia 1 wolf. With a wolf lynched we have 5 left...the next day with a NK its 4 left 2-2 gg mafia win.

So who ever the last wolf is, isn't getting lynched (i'm not him, but even if you thought i was, lynching me is anti-town)..

Now if you thought i was mafia scum, i'd just call you bad..because yes my whole game thing was against that scum group...but you could try and stretch something there...meh, who knows.

Anyways the town is sort've in a lylo state. We can't lynch the last wolf. We must lynch mafia ideally (i think if we mislynch a town and the two scum groups hit eachother at night we enter tomorrow with 3, 2 town 1 scum..so not end of world there...if scum miss the last wolf but wolf hits scum we sit 1-1-1 ...which would reheally suck(prisoner dilemma?) and if wolf misses, well lol gg)

Anyways what with you and sk bringing nothing to the table, and being scummy also with there being a % that one of you is more likely scum than the ?'s out there i'm definitely willing to vote you with that atrocious vote you just did.

vote EB
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: *Waits for you to go where I'm pretty sure you're planning to go*
Did you already know you voted in a way in which if you believed me to be a wolf, you'd lose the game for the town?? Or is this you admitting you are mafia?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Benmage »

Aww EB, i saw you still browsin the web page a few minutes after my post...surely you read it...you we're awaiting what you 'thought' i'd say...did i scare you with facts?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:14 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

I already knew the scenario, yes. You're not a good lynch for today; but I wanted to hear your rant, pretty much a claim imo:
don't lynch you because you're obviously a werewolf.

What you're failing to take into account - purposefully or not - is that the town's only chances now lie with the hope that the scum teams will accurately target one another. This means that M/M's are horrible lynches for today. We need scum to target scum, and they need the same. Two living monks tonight means the mafia can narrow their target list nicely. Which I'm guessing is exactly what you've been trying to avoid.

So we need to kill mafia, and either farside or nikanor is one (potentially both). Even a mislynch here pretty much ensures revealing mafia. Not a huge fan of either, but my preference is-

Unvote Benmage, Vote Farside

Return to “Completed Open Games”