Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

We aren't voting you yet, man. Don't get emo. We're waiting for dimaba and cades. While we're waiting, if you do die today, how would you like to die? Chair, skewer, cyanide?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by foilist13 »

You're not dead yet CSL, why don't you try to be useful while you're still alive?

This whole dead man walking routine is not going to help you, nor is your post about Lylo. That post is essentially AtE though, and not a defense. 1) You are actually doing your job as an SE, but 2) you could easily be trying to scare the town into lynching someone else.

Cades is a poor player, but he will get better with practice (my first game wasn't exactly a stunner). Does that make him a scummy player? Maybe, maybe not. The problem with poor players is that they are almost impossible to read as they don't follow logical patterns.

@Dimaba - We haven't heard from you often enough. We aren't on the grid here mate. Despite something I think Crimmy said earlier, lurking
is
actually scummy. An active scum player may come to the thread and see attention on another player, or minor questions asked of himself. He then chooses not to post, and allow attention to drift away from himself, which most often it does. Later people may look back and realize his inactivity, but often not.

The most common refutation of this argument is that town players are often bored or frustrated and choose not to post, however that can be dismissed by simple probabilities. Town are predisposed to lurking if they are disinterested. Scum are always predisposed to lurking (not to say all scum players lurk though, as they definitely do not).
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Jack wrote:True enough, but don't forget that cades has also been lurking and rarely provides good reason for his posts/votes.
Which to me is also more indicative of new player then of scum.

I've already said everything I had to say about CSL. In particular, I refer you to post #165, where I voted him.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Then we are only waiting on dimaba.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote count 2.4

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

CSL: 3: MichelSableheart (2), cades (3), foilist13 (5)
cades: 1: CSL (4)

Not Voting: Crimmy, dimaba, Jackabomb

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently CSL would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST on Monday, December 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Prodding Dimaba

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Crimmy »

Zorblag, please be kind as to edit that vote count.
I'm not the one who would currently be lynched at deadline.

Also, this one goes to all:

Are we all decided it's CSL who should go?
Shouldn't we try to get a bit more info on all?

Well, I'll just wait for a reply.
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:33 am

Post by dimaba »

Sorry for the lack of activity. I got the prod this afternoon. Vacation time now so for the rest of the game I'll be posting much more often.

As for my thoughts on who to lynch...

Although I find this to be an interesting point...
Jackabomb wrote:Also, cades has a convenient habit of disappearing when we're talking badly about him. Then he reappears quite a few posts(or pages) later and easily generalizes everything we hit him with into one, misrepresented argumentative point which he then proceeds to refute with his special brand of clever-talk that generally tends to be nothing more than horrid grammar and one illogical, untrue fact repeated several times, making less and less sense each time.
...especially when combined with this (which was actually about me)...
foilist13 wrote: An active scum player may come to the thread and see attention on another player, or minor questions asked of himself. He then chooses not to post, and allow attention to drift away from himself, which most often it does. Later people may look back and realize his inactivity, but often not.
I agree that cades is pretty much too stupid to be scum. Random voting, crappy reasoning and AtE's all over the place attract so much negative attention that I find it hard to believe scum would do that on purpose. I also find it hard to catch him on inconsistencies and mistakes, as he's just packing his posts with so many of both that I can't see through the chaos. I'd say give him another day to at least admit that he's playing poorly and try to change it.

CSL looks the better lynch to me, considering the consistently suspicious behaviour he has shown in the hammer situation and in his defense afterwards. (For what I said about CSL earlier, see posts 212 and 194.)

In my opinion it is our best option to lynch CSL unless he drops the 'oh I'm going to die but you'll regret it tomorrow' thing and brings up something new and interesting to save his life.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:47 am

Post by foilist13 »

He's already played that card, but he didn't offer anything up other than "see ya"
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 am

Post by CSL »

Attention. I am going to be away at precisely
5:30pm EST
to prepare for a Christmas Concert. I have absolutely no idea when I'll be back.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Crimmy »

foilist13 wrote:He's already played that card, but he didn't offer anything up other than "see ya"
He's already at L-1, right?
Question is, should anyone hammer him? Or would it be wiser to just stay on Day 2 a bit longer?

Anyhow, I'm voting, but not for CSL just yet.
'Cause I still have doubts.

So
Vote: cades
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

Post by dimaba »

What info do you think there is to gain from prolonging day 2? And how do you think we should try to get this info? Investigate the posts of players who haven't really been under suspicion so far to see if we've missed something?

I'm assuming we want a claim before lynching, as we did with McGriddle? Or is this...
CSL wrote:Eh, I'm screwed.

Have fun in lylo.
...to be considered an implicit townie claim?

While waiting for everybody else's opinion on this, I'll go re-read Day 2 and try to find a second scum suspect for myself.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Well, I'm not going to make the same mistake as day 1, but I would like to hammer if we indeed lynch CSL.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Dimaba, I think cades is the only one left to voice his opinion and I think we all know how that'll go.

dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by dimaba »

I was referring to opinions about wether we should lynch now or wait a little while. My guess would be that most of us don't see the point of waiting longer, I haven't seen it said explicitly. Or did I just miss that?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I'd reccomend giving people time to go over it and OK the lynch. Example=

OK: CSL

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:27 pm

Personally, I don't have any more questions to ask today. I have reasonably strong reads on everyone.

However, I would like to give CSL the opportunity to claim before he is hammered. If he decides to claim, I expect to see that claim in his next post.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:01 am

Post by CSL »

I am a Vanilla Townie.

Where is cades? I'd like to see him claim before I get killed.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Prodding cades.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:32 am

Why do you want cades to claim? There is absolutely no reason for cades to claim at this moment. He isn't at risk of being lynched, and it is unlikely that he'll be nightkilled. Town wouldn't gain anything from his claim, and finding any powerroles would become easier for the scum.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Jackabomb »

If there is anyone against a CSL lynch or feels it should be delayed, speak out now.

I am still okay with it.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:43 am

Post by CSL »

I suppose you are right.

If cades is scum, then we completely sucked the whole game. If he's town, then he needs to step it up.

In short, cades must die if I'm lynched, and flip town.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by dimaba »

Cades is something to be considered tomorrow. He could be scum playing so unexpectedly insane that he's slipping through our radar, but there's less concrete evidence to suggest that than there is to motivate a CSL lynch. I'm not against a lynch, I see no better candidate, and I think this day is pretty much played out.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by CSL »

Eh, I served my purpose here. I had fun playing with you all, except cades, who has been no help to us at all. I hereby give anyone the permission to lynch me.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Crimmy »

I still say we should think this over a bit more.

We have loads of time till deadline, and we're very close to losing, so we can't risk quickening kills if we're not sure it's gonna flip okay.

Now, I insist we do something more.
cades has misteriously vanished since we started te HEAVY CSL bandwagon. I say he's anotherone to look out for.

I'm not saying let's not go for CSL, but right now, cades is being even more suspicious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”