pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by pablito »

SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: You're just throwing suspicion around, hoping something will stick.
It's funny how the suspicion seems to continue surrounding those I have been suspicious of all along.
Would that be considered "tunneling"?
Sup, later.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by SlySly »

pablito wrote: Would that be considered "tunneling"?
I am not tunneled on 1 person.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by pablito »

alrighty.

Honestly, I like that hewitt was picked as HoH because of the promise he's shown as a good interrogator and someone that's fairly transparent...

but I fear that he was chosen moreso because of his already stated choices/plan.

I will be very pleased with hewitt as long as he ensures that everyone gets a bit of heat prior to the nomination stage.
Sup, later.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

pablito wrote: but I fear that he was chosen moreso because of his already stated choices/plan.
I hear what you are saying. Scum have already witnessed the bandwagonning elements in this game. They are definitely going to push and manipulate for easy targets.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by hewitt »

Okay so pre-eviction I stated that my nominees would be SlySly and saberwolf. Obviously I would like to get every single player's nominations before I make my own. At the time that was my preference, the slot that saberwolf is in is definitely up in the air though. In my mind animorpherv and saberwolf on the same level. The SlySly nomination is the one I feel the most strongly about. The odds of a floater nominating two other floaters? Not likely in my opinion.

With that being said expect the nomination process to run all the way up to deadline. I think all the discussion we had yesterday was great and it's possible that the nominations could change. I have to admit I'll feel very uncomfortable if the town is basically in unanimous agreement nominating SlySly and saberwolf/animorpherv.

We've got 12 options here, SlySly, saberwolf, animopherv, Snow_Bunny, pablito, paltryexcuse, Llama, kmd, Mr Finch, Kast, Crazy, and Sironigous. No rushed decision will be made.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by pablito »

thumbs up for hewitt.
Sup, later.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Mod-
-Did you randomly select the HoH or did BV submit a choice?
-Do we know the schedule for receiving Coup d'etat Clues? If so, what is the schedule (specifically, do we get to guess each time you reveal a new clue)?
-When you said we can guess once per week, is that real time week or game time week (and is a game day equivalent to a week)?

BV made the choice. If someone doesn't select the player I will let you guys know it was random.
I do the Coup clues once a week (RL week). I go basically from when I do the clue to the next clue and they are either Monday's or Tuesdays. (yes I'm a day behind this week but that's RL issues for me). So when I do the clue tomorrow you will have 1 guess you can made only and the next time you can guess won't be when till I give another hint.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by SlySly »

hewitt wrote: The SlySly nomination is the one I feel the most strongly about. The odds of a floater nominating two other floaters? Not likely in my opinion.
First, only one of my nominees have been proven to be a floater. I'm not saying you are scum, but you aren't cleared; you have just played more town-like than your predecessor. Also. don't forget, I put kmd up first. After you replaced in, you didn't tunnel the way your predecessor had been and I started getting a town vibe from you so I didn't put my first choice for replacement nominee, Llama, up because it was fairly obvious you would have been evicted if I had. If I wanted you evicted, I would have put Crazy up because he had played the most town of anyone in my opinion and I seriously doubt he would have received even one vote against you. Llama was the one that was left of my available choices that I felt strongest about being scum, but it was obvious that not many agreed with me so I put up who he wanted to put in power. Obviously a bad choice in hindsight, but, though contrary to popular belief, it wasn't without reason.
hewitt wrote: We've got 12 options here, SlySly, saberwolf, animopherv, Snow_Bunny, pablito, paltryexcuse, Llama, kmd, Mr Finch, Kast, Crazy, and Sironigous. No rushed decision will be made.
If it were up to me, I would put up kmd ("really liked" the DisCode nomination, among other previously stated reasons, which I can restate upon request) & paltry (hastily wasted POV on kmd with 0 votes and seemingly no support for being evicted & fishiness of POV discussion right before he now claims to have gotten it). Why would mod hold off handing out POV until HoH was appointed to keep it from landing in the HoH's hands? Had Paltry not wasted the POV, he easily could have passed it to you today not knowing you were going to receive the HoH this week and the POV would have ended up in the HoH hands. Though I don't know why Paltry would lie about when he received the POV, it just seems a little too coincidental to me.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by hewitt »

SlySly wrote:First, only one of my nominees have been proven to be a floater. I'm not saying you are scum, but you aren't cleared
Yes but considering I was the other nominee and I know I'm a floater means that I have the inside knowledge to know that you did nominate two floaters. It doesn't matter that nobody else can confirm that because they're not HoH, I am.
SlySly wrote:If it were up to me, I would put up kmd ("really liked" the DisCode nomination, among other previously stated reasons, which I can restate upon request) & paltry (hastily wasted POV on kmd with 0 votes and seemingly no support for being evicted & fishiness of POV discussion right before he now claims to have gotten it). Why would mod hold off handing out POV until HoH was appointed to keep it from landing in the HoH's hands? Had Paltry not wasted the POV, he easily could have passed it to you today not knowing you were going to receive the HoH this week and the POV would have ended up in the HoH hands. Though I don't know why Paltry would lie about when he received the POV, it just seems a little too coincidental to me.
The only thing I find questionable about the PoV and Paltry was A) why he would use it on Week 1 when we literally know nothing about each other's alignments and who is most likely scum and B) why he would use it on Kmd when SensFan really wasn't all that pro-town seeming and would've most likely been evicted anyway. To me at least I wouldn't have thought Kmd was really in much danger.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by pablito »

SlySly wrote: Obviously a bad choice in hindsight, but, though contrary to popular belief, it wasn't without reason.
I agree that you had reason, but I think it was poorly executed reasoning - furthermore it really seemed like a Llama nomination was all but certain in almost all of your posts leading up to the replacement nomination. And that was after I talked to you about knowing what to expect and having more transparency. But hey, at least you were consistent with surprising us all with your choices.
SlySly wrote: Why would mod hold off handing out POV until HoH was appointed to keep it from landing in the HoH's hands? Had Paltry not wasted the POV, he easily could have passed it to you today not knowing you were going to receive the HoH this week and the POV would have ended up in the HoH hands. Though I don't know why Paltry would lie about when he received the POV, it just seems a little too coincidental to me.
I don't think it's useful to outguess the mod and figure out when PoV was handed and the such. I believe that Paltry is telling the truth that he was not given PoV until after Sly was crowned HoH. However, that doesn't mean that he still is or isn't scum, because of it. But I still agree that the PoV was used hastily and for that reason Paltry looks scummy.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

hewitt wrote: Yes but considering I was the other nominee and I know I'm a floater means that I have the inside knowledge to know that you did nominate two floaters. It doesn't matter that nobody else can confirm that because they're not HoH, I am.
I understand that you do know your alignment and that you are HoH. I am leaning heavily towards you being town at this point, which is the only reason Crazy wasn't put up as the replacement against you. However, others not being able to confirm your alignment does matter in the sense that you could be falsely stating it, as it is an easy claim to make at this point, to influence them and help reinforce an easy target. I am not saying this is the case, but it is never a good thing to just take a claim at face value without considering if it may be being done with an ulterior motive.
hewitt wrote: The only thing I find questionable about the PoV and Paltry was A) why he would use it on Week 1 when we literally know nothing about each other's alignments and who is most likely scum and B) why he would use it on Kmd when SensFan really wasn't all that pro-town seeming and would've most likely been evicted anyway. To me at least I wouldn't have thought Kmd was really in much danger.
A + B = confirming my point.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SlySly wrote:If it were up to me, I would put up kmd ("really liked" the DisCode nomination, among other previously stated reasons, which I can restate upon request) & paltry (hastily wasted POV on kmd with 0 votes and seemingly no support for being evicted & fishiness of POV discussion right before he now claims to have gotten it). Why would mod hold off handing out POV until HoH was appointed to keep it from landing in the HoH's hands? Had Paltry not wasted the POV, he easily could have passed it to you today not knowing you were going to receive the HoH this week and the POV would have ended up in the HoH hands. Though I don't know why Paltry would lie about when he received the POV, it just seems a little too coincidental to me.
PoV on kmd: Just to re-iterate, I thought neither was scum. That's why I used it. You're deliberately misrepresenting what is going on. It is not a "must save kmd" it is a "must get someone who I actually think is scum up on the block". kmd seemed to fulfill the requirements for a scumhunting townie and the case seemed to be "I am SlySly. He is scum. Trust me.", and I gave my case on why I thought SensFan was town in Post #674.
So I have no reason (that you can think of) to lie about when I got the PoV... but me talking about it and then getting it is too coincidental? Your grand schemes of intrigue require TOO MUCH to be right about what you have said when the only evidence we have is of you being wrong. It's possible that some of your conclusions are correct, however, how you got there is why there is few, if any, people believing them.
And about why the mod would hold off on the PoV thing. If she follows the timeline of the show, it goes: HoH, PoV, Eviction. OMG! Continuity! How dare she?

One question: Why is the speed in which I used the PoV scummy? I admit it was hasty, but I thought I explained myself well enough of why I would use it. The strongest argument I can see is about me using it Week 1, to which I agree.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by SlySly »

pablito wrote: furthermore it really seemed like a Llama nomination was all but certain in almost all of your posts leading up to the replacement nomination.
Trust me, with his tunneling and Ad Hom against me, I really wanted to put Llama up. I just felt there was zero chance he would be evicted over the now seemingly town hewitt.

----------------------------------
PaltryExcuse wrote: but me talking about it and then getting it is too coincidental?
1/13 is pretty lucky. Not impossible, but improbable. Wouldn't you agree?
PaltryExcuse wrote: One question: Why is the speed in which I used the PoV scummy?
It brought kmd vs Sens discussion to a screeching halt.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: but me talking about it and then getting it is too coincidental?
1/13 is pretty lucky. Not impossible, but improbable. Wouldn't you agree?
Yep. It is. But the main point of this is: What reason would I have for playing that way? I.E. Pretending I didn't have the PoV and then after you get HoH saying I have PoV. If you can answer this at any point, that'd be awesome.
SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: One question: Why is the speed in which I used the PoV scummy?
Point. I didn't see it that way.

@Sly: Stop snipping my quotes so they serve your best interest. You're ignoring other things I'm saying and then finding little tidbits you can jump on.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Paltry, you also mentioned that you would be willing to use the PoV (at least initially) to prove that saberwolf did not have it. ie: prove a counterclaim.

That seems scummy to me.
Sup, later.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

pablito wrote:Paltry, you also mentioned that you would be willing to use the PoV (at least initially) to prove that saberwolf did not have it. ie: prove a counterclaim.

That seems scummy to me.
If saber was claiming PoV and I know I have it and I can prove him wrong and catch a scum? Yes, it sounds like a good idea. Saber came forward and said he didn't have it. Why is catching someone in a lie and proving it scummy?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by pablito »

with saber acting the way he was...why would you have believed him?

furthermore, you could've just point blank asked saber if he had it. rather than expressing the willingness to waste the pov for that purpose. And I do think that willing to waste the pov to counterclaim is WAY scummier than willingness to use pov in a week 1 situation.
Sup, later.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by saberwolf »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
pablito wrote:Paltry, you also mentioned that you would be willing to use the PoV (at least initially) to prove that saberwolf did not have it. ie: prove a counterclaim.

That seems scummy to me.
If saber was claiming PoV and I know I have it and I can prove him wrong and catch a scum? Yes, it sounds like a good idea. Saber came forward and said he didn't have it. Why is catching someone in a lie and proving it scummy?
haha, yes, the key part being I never claimed to have POV :P
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

pablito wrote:with saber acting the way he was...why would you have believed him?
No. But there were a couple others who were.
pablito wrote:furthermore, you could've just point blank asked saber if he had it. rather than expressing the willingness to waste the pov for that purpose. And I do think that willing to waste the pov to counterclaim is WAY scummier than willingness to use pov in a week 1 situation.
Why?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

saberwolf wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:

That seems scummy to me.
haha, yes, the key part being I never claimed to have POV :P
You kind of hinted at it here:
saberwolf wrote:Oooooo...people are beginning to talk about veto and other important stuff....

I wonder if anybody has clued in yet :P
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by pablito »

he still never lied, though :S

Nonetheless, I don't think this is all damning evidence against Paltry. But he's still clearly on my suspect list.
Sup, later.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by SlySly »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
SlySly wrote: 1/13 is pretty lucky. Not impossible, but improbable. Wouldn't you agree?
Yep. It is.
I'm glad we agree.
PaltryExcuse wrote: But the main point of this is: What reason would I have for playing that way? I.E. Pretending I didn't have the PoV and then after you get HoH saying I have PoV. If you can answer this at any point, that'd be awesome.
It just seems a little fishy to me. I'm not trying to outguess the mod as pablito suggested, I'm trying to make sense out of a seemingly out of the blue POV discussion, more or less lead by you, happening right before you claim to have received it, which you have even agreed was improbable. That doesn't mean you are scummily lying about it, but you could be for I reason I have yet to see.
PaltryExcuse wrote:
SlySly wrote:
I think you are agreeing with me here. Am I correct?
PaltryExcuse wrote: @Sly: Stop snipping my quotes so they serve your best interest. You're ignoring other things I'm saying and then finding little tidbits you can jump on.
:roll: I am not misrepping anything. If I have to trim things to make my point more clearly, I will. No need in quoting entire paragraphs to make a point about one sentence. That just makes the thread harder to read and understand.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: But the main point of this is: What reason would I have for playing that way? I.E. Pretending I didn't have the PoV and then after you get HoH saying I have PoV. If you can answer this at any point, that'd be awesome.
It just seems a little fishy to me. I'm not trying to outguess the mod as pablito suggested, I'm trying to make sense out of a seemingly out of the blue POV discussion, more or less lead by you, happening right before you claim to have received it, which you have even agreed was improbable. That doesn't mean you are scummily lying about it, but you could be for I reason I have yet to see.

Good ol' mystery reason. Seriously, lets just drop this one. It makes no sense. The wonderful thing about a 1/13 chance is that it happens once every 13 times.
SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:
SlySly wrote:
I think you are agreeing with me here. Am I correct?
Yes. It would've been helpful to see if things would've played out as I thought, a battle of who is 'less town' rather than who is scummy.
SlySly wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote: @Sly: Stop snipping my quotes so they serve your best interest. You're ignoring other things I'm saying and then finding little tidbits you can jump on.
:roll: I am not misrepping anything. If I have to trim things to make my point more clearly, I will. No need in quoting entire paragraphs to make a point about one sentence. That just makes the thread harder to read and understand.
Except when you do that you change the meaning of it. Basically, my point was that you found it coincidental that it happened, and that's the only reason you find it suspicious. But you completely ignore the fact that I originally point out I had no reason to lie about it then, or even really now. Then I give you a reason why the mod would order things that way, and you completely disregard it. It just seems you ignore everything in a paragraph and find one thing to jump on. You attack with buzz words, but don't attack the person's argument.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

animorpherv1 wrote: Out of kmd/Sens :Sens. Kmd wasb't acting scumym and replacing out because of bad players is a bad move, and I sonsider it scummy.

Out of bv310/hewitt: bv310. Hewitt looked way more townie, and seemed more helpfuk overall.
Realizing that Sens and Hewitt got the same Role PM, what is your read on Hewitt now and why?
hewitt wrote:Okay so pre-eviction I stated that my nominees would be SlySly and saberwolf. Obviously I would like to get every single player's nominations before I make my own.
farside22 wrote:
bv310
- Kmd4390, animorpherv1, Paltry Excuse, MrFinch, SnowBunny, Crazy, Sirongous, Kast, Pablito
Hewitt - saberwolf
Hmm. Absolutely no info to take from this. Animorph and Snow_Bunny work as noms.
SlySly wrote: If it were up to me, I would put up kmd ("really liked" the DisCode nomination, among other previously stated reasons, which I can restate upon request)
How is it a scumtell that I agreed with you? And your "previously stated reasons" are crap.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Crazy »

Sly wrote:And the Ad Hom tunneling continues...
That's not what "Ad Hom" is.
ani wrote:Out of kmd/Sens :Sens. Kmd wasb't acting scumym and replacing out because of bad players is a bad move, and I sonsider it scummy.

Out of bv310/hewitt: bv310. Hewitt looked way more townie, and seemed more helpful overall.
Sens' role is hewitt's role. You say you'd vote for Sens because he was scummy, but you'd vote for bv310, because hewitt was not scummy?

I didn't read the last page yet, but my nominations would be (as I've said before)...

Vote: SlySly

Vote: animorpherv1

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”