BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by BigBear »

DeathRowKitty wrote:@
Looker
, semioldguy, BigBear, Furry
How adamant are you about your Sanjay votes?

Also, I just lost the game.
very adamant.

and great.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Looker »

Vote him and get it over with, DRK.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Furry »

Im not going to change my vote unless its to AB, even then its not all that likely even if you disgregard ABs eventual vote of Sanjay for self-pres.

Also what game?
Also I take it you dont want me to find you an avatar? I can even let you pick species... gender... fame...
Temporary unretired alt
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Sanjay »

You left in the middle of a conversation, Furry.

I'd like to complete it.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by BigBear »

Furry wrote:Im not going to change my vote unless its to AB, even then its not all that likely even if you disgregard ABs eventual vote of Sanjay for self-pres.
we'll get AB's replacement tomorrow damnit.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Looker »

Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020629#2020629]Postn 1752[/url] wrote:Im not going to change my vote unless its to AB, even then its not all that likely even if you disgregard ABs eventual vote of Sanjay for self-pres.

Also what game?
Also I take it you dont want me to find you an avatar? I can even let you pick species... gender... fame...
You got Nazi kitties? What about political assassins? Try espionage and double agents, too...
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Furry »

Sanjay wrote:You left in the middle of a conversation, Furry.

I'd like to complete it.
kay
Sanjay wrote:What?

You just said that claiming resident would nearly confirm me.

How is that not a cheap move?
Resident is a role name. Not claiming resident as one is effectively lying about your role. Im actually shocked you didnt get countered, or at least pressured by someone over this.

'Nearly confirm' may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not claiming your role name is not playing to your win condition as far as im concerned. Playing to your win condition while being nowhere near breaking a rule isnt cheap.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020629#2020629]Postn 1752[/url] wrote:Im not going to change my vote unless its to AB, even then its not all that likely even if you disgregard ABs eventual vote of Sanjay for self-pres.

Also what game?
You got Nazi kitties? What about political assassins? Try espionage and double agents, too...
I got generic military for sure, dont think nazi and its mostly other animals there. Not quite sure what you are looking for on the others though... assassins creed type stuff and ones in spy gear? Maybe, I would need to do some sleuthing for that
Temporary unretired alt
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@Looker
It's better we don't even think about hammering anyone until AB gets replaced.

@Furry
This game (For some reason, I couldn't like to the wikipedia article)
Thanks for the avatar offer, but fractals>felines (besides, enough people mistake me for a female without a cat avatar :P ).
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Furry wrote:
Sanjay wrote:You left in the middle of a conversation, Furry.

I'd like to complete it.
kay
Sanjay wrote:What?

You just said that claiming resident would nearly confirm me.

How is that not a cheap move?
Resident is a role name. Not claiming resident as one is effectively lying about your role. Im actually shocked you didnt get countered, or at least pressured by someone over this.

'Nearly confirm' may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not claiming your role name is not playing to your win condition as far as im concerned. Playing to your win condition while being nowhere near breaking a rule isnt cheap.
Bullshit.

Look at that role pm.

Before danakillsu flipped I wasn't even sure if resident was a bit of flavor or my actual rolename. But I knew that if I claimed resident I would be taking advantage of having the vanilla role PM, which is absolutely 100% shenanigans. It ruins a game.

Anyway, danakillsu claimed vanilla town too. You are undergoing a whole lot of cognitive dissonance to make this work, Furry.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Looker »

Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020640#2020640]Post 1757[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:

Also what game?
I got generic military for sure, dont think nazi and its mostly other animals there. Not quite sure what you are looking for on the others though... assassins creed type stuff and ones in spy gear? Maybe, I would need to do some sleuthing for that
Whatever u find is fine. Pretty sure I can make do.
DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020641#2020641]Post 1758[/url] wrote:@Looker
It's better we don't even think about hammering anyone until AB gets replaced.

@Furry
This game (For some reason, I couldn't like to the wikipedia article)
Thanks for the avatar offer, but fractals>felines (besides, enough people mistake me for a female without a cat avatar :P ).
I don't see the point of AB. It's either he's scum, which I doubt, he's an information role, which we've already lost and, if he were, he would have presented a better case than "going against the grain", or he's your mason buddy, in which case, I'm not trying to lynch you or him at the moment so the awareness of your collective alignments would be null. I see no point in waiting for AB's replacement. Let him catch up in night.

And is DeathRowKitty some kind of an environmental awareness campaign? What possessed you to choose that name? Cocaine?
Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020653#2020653]Post 1759[/url] wrote:
Bullshit.

Look at that role pm.

Before danakillsu flipped I wasn't even sure if resident was a bit of flavor or my actual rolename. But I knew that if I claimed resident I would be taking advantage of having the vanilla role PM, which is absolutely 100% shenanigans. It ruins a game.

Anyway, danakillsu claimed vanilla town too. You are undergoing a whole lot of cognitive dissonance to make this work, Furry.
I would call bullshit on your "game ethics" argument if it weren't for your comprehensive wikipage and your tendency to congratulate players after a game has been completed. Maybe you care more for this game (as opposed to the winnng of it) than others. Damn stellar Sanjay! :x
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Looker wrote:I don't see the point of AB. It's either he's scum, which I doubt, he's an information role, which we've already lost and, if he were, he would have presented a better case than "going against the grain", or he's your mason buddy, in which case, I'm not trying to lynch you or him at the moment so the awareness of your collective alignments would be null. I see no point in waiting for AB's replacement. Let him catch up in night.
I just don't see why we should lynch now when there's an empty player slot as opposed to in a day or two (hopefully only a day or two) when it gets filled.
Looker wrote:And is DeathRowKitty some kind of an environmental awareness campaign? What possessed you to choose that name? Cocaine?
I didn't expect to be on this site long (as in, I almost quit before my first game started...) and when prompted for a username, I just typed literally the first thing that came to mind. >.<

While we're off-topic, what's your opinion of fractals?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by Furry »

@looker - Here is some stuff. I have more black and white if you want that instead, but most color images are big and I dont want to resize all day long. Most more obvious military stuff doesnt look good avatar sized anyways.

@Sanjay - I have no clue what 'conginative dissonance' means. Not a big word person. What would you of done if DKU claimed resident?
Temporary unretired alt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by Looker »

DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020842#2020842]Post 1761[/url] wrote:I just don't see why we should lynch now when there's an empty player slot as opposed to in a day or two (hopefully only a day or two) when it gets filled.

I didn't expect to be on this site long (as in, I almost quit before my first game started...) and when prompted for a username, I just typed literally the first thing that came to mind. >.<

While we're off-topic, what's your opinion of fractals?
- The slot has no potential to do anything. If we wait, we
maybe
have one vote (maybe), which we would have anyway and would have no use for if you would go ahead and vote; however, if we go ahead now, we save the replacement some confusion and get on with the game. This also gives us the opportunity to make some headway before doubt and second-guessing sets in. I don't want to lose momentum and I don't want anything other than a Sanjay lynch right now.

- As opposed to something you could type very quickly and without much forethought, such as "Looker".

- They're somewhat beautiful; however, I find them very depressing, for, no matter how deeply you look into them, you always find the same thing. They have no mystery, they have no intrigue, they have no hope. I guess the key would be to find one that is so beautiful you wouldn't mind staring into it for an eternity - this has yet to happen with me. (<--obviously single)
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2020869#2020869]Post 1762[/url] wrote:@looker - Here is some stuff. I have more black and white if you want that instead, but most color images are big and I dont want to resize all day long. Most more obvious military stuff doesnt look good avatar sized anyways.

@Sanjay - I have no clue what 'conginative dissonance' means. Not a big word person. What would you of done if DKU claimed resident?
O...my...God, I had no idea they were going to look like this. I love the fox one, it's so...so fitting for one of my personalities; however, I always have considered myself moreso a wolf, which is why ZazieR's Rabbit Doubt Mafia, in which I played the Master Scientist Wolf, was one of my more cherished performances.

Off-Topic: Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever build an asylum big enough for me and my personalities...hmmm...
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Sanjay »

Furry wrote:@Sanjay - I have no clue what 'conginative dissonance' means. Not a big word person. What would you of done if DKU claimed resident?
I mean you are believing contradictory things. DKU claimed vanilla town, and yet you are acting like claiming vanilla town in this situation is something town wouldn't do. I know that the fact that one town player does something isn't proof that it isn't a scumtell, but I really don't understand why this tell is so convincing to you given the circumstances.

If DKU had claimed resident, I would be more inclined to believe him. I suppose the mafia might have been given fake claims so it wouldn't autoconfirm him, but him claiming resident would definitely have made him more townish than anything else he said.

If he didn't get lynched because of it and that pissed off the mafia, when the mafia complained about it in endgame I would agree with them strongly.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, here's the current situation as I see it:

There are 8 players and 5 votes needed for a lynch. There are currently 4 players voting Sanjay and none of them have any intention of voting anyone else. Unless one of the 4 remaining players vote Sanjay, the town is stuck in deadlock. The only thing the rest of the town can accomplish is a no lynch, an interesting option that I would really like to avoid. Considering we're currently on even numbers, if Sanjay isn't scum, we should probably no lynch at some point to get onto odd numbers. However, no lynch would be a horrible option right now, if it were even possible to get half the town coordinated to do so. With literally half the remaining players voting Sanjay and every single one of them claiming to be adamant about his/her (depending on Looker's gender) vote (except SOG, who I already know is adamant about his vote), lynching Sanjay and getting tells based on who was and wasn't on the wagon is much better earlier rather than later, considering Sanjay would almost definitely be tomorrow's lynch anyway. I want to at least give AB's replacement a chance to post in the thread. At that point, I'll hammer if Sanjay is still alive and at L-1.
Looker wrote: - They're somewhat beautiful; however, I find them very depressing, for, no matter how deeply you look into them, you always find the same thing. They have no mystery, they have no intrigue, they have no hope. I guess the key would be to find one that is so beautiful you wouldn't mind staring into it for an eternity - this has yet to happen with me. (<--obviously single)
Have you ever watched a video of zooming in on the Mandelbrot Set? If not, well, you should go do that now.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Looker »

DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2021824#2021824]Post 1765[/url] wrote:Okay, here's the current situation as I see it:

There are 8 players and 5 votes needed for a lynch. There are currently 4 players voting Sanjay and none of them have any intention of voting anyone else. Unless one of the 4 remaining players vote Sanjay, the town is stuck in deadlock. The only thing the rest of the town can accomplish is a no lynch, an interesting option that I would really like to avoid. Considering we're currently on even numbers, if Sanjay isn't scum, we should probably no lynch at some point to get onto odd numbers. However, no lynch would be a horrible option right now, if it were even possible to get half the town coordinated to do so. With literally half the remaining players voting Sanjay and every single one of them claiming to be adamant about his/her (depending on Looker's gender) vote (except SOG, who I already know is adamant about his vote), lynching Sanjay and getting tells based on who was and wasn't on the wagon is much better earlier rather than later, considering Sanjay would almost definitely be tomorrow's lynch anyway. I want to at least give AB's replacement a chance to post in the thread. At that point, I'll hammer if Sanjay is still alive and at L-1.

Have you ever watched a video of zooming in on the Mandelbrot Set? If not, well, you should go do that now.
Mandelbrot Set?

RE: Your Plan To Wait For The Replacement
If you must. It's just that I can't see anything he could possibly say that would benefit the situation in any way. No offense, of course, but I just don't see the point. On top of that, I'm pretty sure I'd like to see Sanjay lynched before Christmas. It'd be a nice gift.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I agree with that.

I got really bad vibes from SOG's twilight talk, but I can't guarantee he's scum and it doesn't seem like I'll be getting him lynched anyway. And if I do get him lynched by some miracle and I'm wrong, it's pretty bad news tomorrow.

Looker is going to be so happy.

I think waiting for the archaebob replacement if possible would be stellar though, and so would waiting for SOG to respond to my case on him. After that, I would like other people to comment on my case on him.

That is, of course, if we hear from him before twilight.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Looker »

You wouldn't want to spoil the season, would you?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Looker, the deadline is the 23rd.

You'll have my lynch in time for Christmas no matter what we do.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Looker »

I like how this has turned into a "Looker V Sanjay" scenario as opposed to a "Town V Scum" scenario. You have a way with words, Sanjay...
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I really don't see why SOG is uninterested in this game. His top suspect is posting buttloads of material to analyze. It's a scumhunter's dream come true.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Looker »

So who do we lynch if you're town?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Sanjay »

semioldguy, probably.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Furry »

@looker - Maybe you can get something out of this pic? I dunno why but its one ive always liked quite a bit. Will look for what you requested sometime later.

Sanjay wrote:
Furry wrote:@Sanjay - I have no clue what 'conginative dissonance' means. Not a big word person. What would you of done if DKU claimed resident?
I mean you are believing contradictory things. DKU claimed vanilla town, and yet you are acting like claiming vanilla town in this situation is something town wouldn't do. I know that the fact that one town player does something isn't proof that it isn't a scumtell, but I really don't understand why this tell is so convincing to you given the circumstances.

If DKU had claimed resident, I would be more inclined to believe him. I suppose the mafia might have been given fake claims so it wouldn't autoconfirm him, but him claiming resident would definitely have made him more townish than anything else he said.
I am adament about it because I can not belive one, let alone two people would claim that. It would never cross my mind to claim Vanilla instead of Resident. I may be looking at this from only one angle, but it looks so pretty from this angle.

So you are saying that DKU claiming Resident and Vanilla Town would of elicited the exact same reaction to you? What is DKU was at L-1 and Player X who you though was just as scummy was at L-1. DKU claims Resident and X claims Vanilla, who do you vote then?
Temporary unretired alt

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”